TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Lightbulb What are your main values?

-
    Last edited by maniac; 04-02-2018 at 04:16 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Honesty - there's nothing more strange than being caught lying
    Integrity - sticking to your values no matter the external change; that helps you be who you are
    Kindness - when you can; no one is God
    Compassion - part of empathy
    Respect - just allows you to not be the center of everything
    Understanding - takes a big person
    Patience - count to ten
    Forgiveness - goes without speaking that it's more for you than the other person
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Situationally dependent; not dying

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Let me think...

Improvement: Always striving to become better and make the most out of something.
    Awareness: Always striving to become more aware of oneself and the world around one.
    Perseverance: Never giving up.
    Self-Actualization: Developing and executing one's purpose, vision, and role in the world.
    Equilibrium: Being in a state of calmness and balance, being content, having an unshakable inner compass...

P.S: I was almost about to switch Improvement for Excellence, but Excellence is a bit like Perfection – you can never truly reach it. So, being on the path of continual Improvement is better, than trying to chase an elusive ideal.

4w5 So/Sx
    459 (I don't usually type the wings of the tritype, but it would be 4w5-5w4(possibly w6?)-9w1)
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honesty
    Authenticity
    Kindness
    Courage
    Insight/wisdom

4-5-9

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(Main) values = the most important things there are. That's why I have a lot of them.

Perseverance - Your ass won't give up without having achieved anything!
    Set the bar high - Always try to be on top of your game, measure up, try to advance whatever it is.
    Singlemindedness - Do it on your own. Be resourceful so you can survive everywhere. Dependency is a sign of weakness, relying on others is something you have to handle carefully. Asking for help is not always appropriate, but helps when there is a better insight that you can come up with/research.
    Curiosity - Try to understand yourself and the world.
    Being outstanding - People standing at your coffin will mourn an extraordinary person. Think Bowie.

Do 5, because i said so

Going the extra mile - It's never crowded.
    Crossing boundaries - Rules keep things small, creativity and strength enlighten and broaden (and angers those who are close-minded and boring).
    Confidence - Try to fake it as much as possible, even on days when you hate yourself. Confidence unlocks many doors.
    Security - Make sure you are safe, avoid danger, or go against whatever threatens others, especially on a global scale. Staying in your safe zone > risk.
    Egocentrism - I cultivate myself, get along with myself, guide myself.
    Excitement - Seek out things that set you on fire.
    Performance - How you come across is up to you. You can inspire others and lead them.
    Conduct - Do not discriminate against someone who is below you. The opposite applies to people above you unless you depend on them for access to higher spheres.
    Passion - Instead of being boring, energize everything.
    Action - Just do it. Sometimes, efficiency is needed in this step.
    Mind - Use your head, figure things out.
    Conflict - Always choose wisely and calculate your energies and the person's stance, and how likely it is that they cave in. In any case, be firm first and get your way out with charm.
    Spirituality - Always look for higher perspective. Look to the great minds who have developed time-tested spiritual wisdom that you resonate with.
    Solitude - Be able to deal with it, you will be alone either way when you want to excel productively and escape the control of others.
    Mood - Keep it light or heavy depending on circumstance.
    Being a reasonable maverick - It's probably not that you suck entirely, but your environment.
    Involvement - Even if you lack the skills, set your mind to it. You can even bs yourself through something but just be committed, that's all you need.
    Compliments and Praise - Show a person what you appreciate. Make them feel good about themselves when you see that they need some help.
    Advice - Be a person others can ask.
    Shade - Throw some.
    Work - Hard.
    Control - Do not voluntarily get under the influence of an overly dominant/authoritarian person. They will hurt and abuse you because their will comes first, and they think they know what's good for you. Also, they don't ask for consent and try to mess with your business, getting entitled, and so on. Avoid, manipulate or rise above them as the situation requires. Also, being a prick is easy and can be executed with even the tiniest step (while being nice is difficult since so many factors and self-control go into it and you can't make a lapse) so why not make use of that. Watch out for consequences and make it look like it is their fault, which it technically is since they are unjust. Also, make it fun while you're at it.
    Distance - Regulate how close you want to get.
    Unconventionality - Scrutinize EVERY custom. This world is trying to sell and teach you shit so stay critical and vigilant. "Normal" is usually just "common". So don't buy into normal things.
    Deception, manipulation, backstabbing - Always undermine unjust authority while pretending to cater to them. Leave them in fear of what you are hiding so they will become your slave. Uncertainty is one of the greatest tools to use. What a person doesn't know, they fear.
    Not compromising - Group pressure can eradicate what you stand for, so watch out for social dynamics. If you don't agree with a dynamic, become a loner. Compromise when you have to level up in some way or need to appeal. Other than that, be aware of how quick you can become the puppet of others.
    No negative servitude - One does not assist a bully but reports or punishes them. Or: One is not submissive and mindless in a relationship, but seizes the lead instead.
    Only positive servitude: Treat staff and people who do things for you politely. Offer help and support. Regulate the mood to help another person in need.
    Image consciousness: Impress, appeal. Adjust how you want to be perceived. Adapt, play roles to get by.
    Overdoing it - It might lead to something unexpected and great.
    Creativity - Because art is important, meaningful, beautiful, enjoyable and healing for yourself and others.

Tritype ---> 368 was recently suggested and I can see the point, 3w4 sx 6w7 sp 8w7 sp is probably close.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Chae if youre considering that tritype, having 2< attachment types makes the person very family-oriented, just saying
    I know someone who is sp/sx and 962 tritype and they and their mom has a shitty relationship, her mom basically treats her like crap, but she still tries to be close because its family. etc (partly because her particular tritype "the sacrificial lamb", but you get the point.

what about 378?
    3-7-8: the trailblazer, the spearheading entrepreneur, the fast ambition

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    @Chae if youre considering that tritype, having 2< attachment types makes the person very family-oriented, just saying
    I know someone who is sp/sx and 962 tritype and they and their mom has a shitty relationship, her mom basically treats her like crap, but she still tries to be close because its family. etc (partly because her particular tritype "the sacrificial lamb", but you get the point.

what about 378?
    Attachment in my case happens only for security reasons, hence 6 instead of triple assertive. Or why do you think I'm 378? Trailblazer applies but enneagram is less about labels but motivation.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Attachment in my case happens only for security reasons, hence 6 instead of triple assertive. Or why do you think I'm 378? Trailblazer applies but enneagram is less about labels but motivation.
    Yes but the titles give a sense of the tritype...
    Because 378 is the most ambitious tritype and all you talk about is ambition and success pretty much and nothing can stop you

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honesty
    Self-awareness (which I lack at times, but I'm desperately trying to work on).
    Mindfulness (same as above).
    Not taking things so seriously (...once again, same as above).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes but the titles give a sense of the tritype...
    Because 378 is the most ambitious tritype and all you talk about is ambition and success pretty much and nothing can stop you
    I know but they can be misleading After reading this, I am sceptical. And interesting that you see me like that, I perceive this world and my own mindset as trying to stop me right and left. Well - ambition is the only thing I am focused on. Pretty much anything interrelational is secondary and serves my egoism. In that regard, your assessment of attachment types is correct.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I am going to skip over the mundane values I have and mention what I post about on my server.

Love is a true knowing and appreciation of the other (chemistry, sex, and magic is a part of it).
    Life for all its beauty, tragedy, chaos, mystery... I could go on forever here.
    Death it surrounds me for a reason. I have gained so much knowledge from death. I take in what the dead leave behind.
    Energy because that is all that is. energy becoming matter and vice versa seems like a never ending cycle. conscious creation happens when you realize how easily energy can be manipulated and used. I am not talking about weird New Age concepts or The Secret type stuff so don't even think it. Energy is what keeps us all interconnected.
    Transcendence because my "goal" is to merge the physical and the spiritual in this lifetime and to know myself completely as both. I am also working off the last remnants of karma. I am out of here after this lifetime.

I have been self-typing 4w5~5w4~9w1 for ages but recently reconsidering 8w9 or 9w8 for the third position. sx/sp is a given.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Do 5, because i said so
    Lool.

Anyway, for me in no particular order:

Truth (objectivity)
    Perseverance
    Intensity
    Excelling
    Spirituality of some sort

I don't believe in standard tritype, what I have instead is: 8w7-1w2-5wB sx/sp (wanderer stack range with strong sp).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lie in a strategic way to lower your chances of getting caught
    use condoms during sex
    reply to messages whenever you can
    dont kill kittens with your ax even when you want to smash their stupid cute faces
    appreciate the good sides of people in your life
    dont talk with people who had been in jail before
    say yes to all activities you have been offered at first, then select among them

tri-type: 125

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Mr inappropriate

Lol you're certainly trying to live up to your forum nick.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Everything is considered to be a value nowadays so I guess my values are sex, booze and lipstick ; ).

Seriously:
    love
    connection
    understanding
    self-improvement
    meaning
    passion
    happiness

I'm 379.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Love
    Emotional connection
    Artistic expression
    Beauty
    Passion
    Romance
    Love
    Knowledge
    Truth
    Understanding
    Compassion
    Justice
    Honesty
    Tranquility
    Empathy
    Kindness
    Commitment
    Sincerity
    Tolerance
    Equality

Tritype, I am not sure. I have too many facets and dimensions to quantify and describe with any sense of clarity. Maybe the balanced, amebic tritype????? I want to be so much in this existence; tendrilic extensions of self.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think my deepest ones might be too taken for granted for me to think of them or articulate them very well.

-justice, not necessarily in a blind sense but with an eye toward who i see as the underdog
    -love, both in the sense of personal relationships and in the woo-wooey all of mankind way
    -standing outside of the status quo, reflecting on whats obvious, questioning
    -authenticity/nature/honesty/action (not really the same things but I'm grasping at a concept in my mind)
    -material security (this sounds lame but I can't honestly avoid listing it - i don't just mean for me, but this is also tied in with justice)

tritype 641 sp/sx

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Always stay true to your own self, ideas and beliefs (no matter how fucked up or wrong they seem to others)
    2. Never let anything and anyone to change who you are and what you believe in.
    3. Be someone, be a success, be a weirdo, shine, rot, live, die ... never be the avarage.
    4. Never manipulate others and never let others to manipulate you.
    5. Never believe what's on the surface, always dig as deep as you can.

4w3 6w7 9w1 so/sx

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dependability
    Loyalty
    Intelligence
    Tolerance

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Zen
    - Objectivity
    - Forgiveness
    - Acceptance
    - Pizza

Pacifist
    TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love - the essence of the concept supposed to unify mankind
    Trancendence - going beyond oneself---to a greater reality beyond this ephemerality, one would be aware of the embodiment of ephemerality in itself
    Truth - While everything seems relative, I do believe in universal truth that governs the relativity though to claim it to be objectively objective is something to wonder even more

I'll add two more later.

9w1 4w5 6w5 sx/sp

TIM
    Disqualified
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From what I've gathered, my values seem to be clustered around these five (five, because she said so), as these are the concepts that continuously both preoccupy and frustrate me the most:

Arbitrarity
    (or Arbitrariness, as opposed to, "being necessarily as such", or simply "necessity"): What excuse does it have to be like this? Does it deserve to be like this? Could it be anything else, or any other way? Then -- is it, really?
    Validity (as opposed to "invalidity"): Is it acceptable? Does it follow? Is it pertinent? Does it work in the context?
    Authenticity (as opposed to "inauthenticity"): Is authenticity relative (as in, one can only be authentic to something)? If it is, can the absolute totality be authentic or inauthentic? If it is not, how is it measured? If it is relative between the subject and the object, how can it be assessed by the subject?
    Recursion (as opposed to "contextuality"): In the end, does it depend only on itself? Do those that it intermediarily depends on matter? Is there anything between two nothings? Or, can everything only come thence?
    Error (as opposed to "integrity"): Can wrongness be fundamental (integral)? Then, is it wrong that it can be fundamental (since fundamental aspects are ubiquitous, and it applies to itself)? What is there to do about it? How can one escape error? Does it not lose its erroneous quality once it is recognized as integral?

What I'd like my next values to be:

Plurality: There is nothing, as long as there are many.
    Analogy: Everything is everything. Nothing is nothing.

Ideally, though, what I really want is to have no values. Which brings me back to the insecurities in the first five.

(lol -- the fact that I consider "values" analogous to "insecurities")

(...help me.)
    Last edited by Theoria; 04-26-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honesty
    integrity - the kind that isn't harmful to others... i think its cool to have your own values and convictions;however, if its at the determent of others no..especially if you complain about how other people treat you but you're not willing to even give up half of that.. don't complain to me, go talk to a friendly stone wall. because i will be the first to throw a brick
    individuality- oh now its cool?! i love original thoughts no matter how silly they may be
    everything else will follow.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Enjoyment
    Improvement
    Knowledge
    Influence
    Immortality

Last time I looked into my tritype I decided I was 9w1-4w5-6w5 (phobic) (The Seeker). The Contemplative (4-5-9, in whichever order), The Good Samaritan (9-2-6) and The Researcher (1-4-5, in whichever order) may also be possible.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr inappropriate View Post
    dont kill kittens with your ax even when you want to smash their stupid cute faces
    Cute.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fairness/Understanding/Compassion/Empathy (They are all different things but they are mostly tied together for me? Being fair requires empathy and understanding towards' others condition[s] and you can't do that without even the tiniest bit of compassion for human kind in general as well.)
    Ability to constructively self-criticize/Improvement
    Honesty/Truth (You can't reach truth without being honest and calling even yourself out on your own bullshit and unintentional lies)
    I... don't know how to explain this one, but Innocence? As in, having no ill intention towards anyone, Purity of Will from Malice. (...that sounded almost religious.)
    Owning/Embodying self (You have to learn your own limits and shape before you can truly attempt to understand others- even if you might feel like you don't exist as a "self". More of learning to how to own and embody yourself but...)

Tritype most likely 9w1 5w6 3w4 sp/so

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth to power/honesty: saying or doing what is right despite the consequences (more generally, being honest about what you think despite the consequences)
    Reflection: thinking deeply about things and why they are the way they are, not just living a superficial/mindless existence
    Fairness: treating people the same no matter how you feel about them, not being petty
    Knowledge: seeking out knowledge about things, not just being content to be ignorant
    Live and let live: just generally being nice to people and not harassing them
    Humility: self-explanatory -- not thinking you're all that

That's six, close enough...

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Love = Will
    The will to love yourself and to stand up for yourself and others and what you believe in is the same as the will that makes you come alive and keep yourself alive.
    Stay close to nature.
    Nature has been happening around us all this time and what's natural is best. Don't fight with your mother.
    Equilibrium
    This is honestly connected to the above. Nature exercises a sense of equilibrium. A sense of fairness and balance even in periods of chaos.
    Self-awareness
    And other-awareness. The self doesn't exist in a bubble. Constantly searching for more insight and checking on the level of current awareness of the self and the world around me.
    Letting go = Happiness
    This one's self-explanatory. I like being happy and a sense of merriness in my life is something I strive to always have. Holding onto resentments and negative emotions, thoughts, and hangups takes me further away from that goal. (I honestly have been struggling with this last one a lot recently although I wasn't like this when I was younger. Guess I've just had time and more experiences leading to more things building up.)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Primary Value: Integrity
    Doing the right thing because you're not the kind of person who would forgive themselves otherwise. Because you wouldn't be you otherwise; you should incorporate virtue into your sense of self. Reliability, earnestness. Apologizing for mistakes and making efforts to avoid them in the future, because you wouldn't apologize for them unless at least some part of you knew you needed to make a change. Integrity is ultimately about being a person whose being "holds together".

Secondary Values:
    Kindness
    Work Ethic
    Curiosity
    Enthusiasm
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love
    Truth
    Beauty
    Continuous striving
    Personal integrity

...I can't really take this thread seriously for a few reasons, but good enough for government work. And really, we should just leave off our tritypes and other information and try to type each other just from our values, that would be much more fun than just having a 16types Values Personal Showcase
    Last edited by Pallas; 03-25-2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: grammer

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Freedom
    2. Liberty
    3. Justice
    4. Independence
    5. Equality
    6. Respect
    7. Heritage & Ancestry
    8. Loyalty
    9. Resourcefulness
    10. Rugged individualism
    11. Patriotism
    12. Drugs, sex, & rock n roll
    13. Money
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Freedom
    2. Satisfaction (not being bored)
    3. Love
    4. Power
    5. Attractiveness

748 sx/so
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

self-reliance
    balance
    gratitude
    curiosity
    pleasure

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honesty
    Compassion
    Sincerity
    Authenticity
    Straightforwardness and not playing games
    Treating each individual with basic respect and not 'objectification' in any way.
    Kind-hearted approach to things.
    I am a very boring typical EII I guess

Intensity is extremely important to me. I value it, but it feels out of place in this specific list. I 'value' those things in the Fi way, as in those things are good and right...intensity is just something I personally - almost selfishly - want, if you will.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God and Tribe

Everything else is checked at the door or a subsidiary of one or both of those two values.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Authenticity
    Strength
    Valiance
    Honesty
    Nonconformity
    Self-reliance