Thread: Instinct stackings and politics

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Instinct stackings and politics

I know the political stance of a couple of people, of whom I also now their stackings.

So far I have found a nice correlation when it comes to the group flows. Here are my experiences:

Repulsing flow: (Sx/So, So/Sp, Sp/Sx):
    - Republican thoughts
    - Punish criminals harder
    - No more immigration no more overpopulation we can't share that much
    - Stop welfare get to work you parasites

Connecting flow: (So/Sx, Sp/So, Sx/Sp):
    - Democrat thoughts
    - Defend the criminal his rights cause he is the victim of the system
    - Immigrants are sweet they come to help us and we have enough
    - The government has enough money for everyone

Is this something you noticed too? Any remarks etc?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't payed attention. My guess is probably not that much correlation. I am connecting flow sp/so and democrat so the model is consistent in my case.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is probably better correlation between types than instincts. For example, E6 often tend to be more conservative, while I think most E4s are probably liberals. I mean this makes sense, since conservatism is more fear-based, and liberalism is more linked to openness to new experience or difference and diversity.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's more correlation to where someone lives than to their instincts or type, in my experience.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My whole family, including extended, is Democrat and mostly liberal (that varies on the scale) and have been as far back as I can tell. All different types and stackings. I think this stuff is kind of ingrained in some children when they are very young but might have something to do with general personality traits. Maybe social lasts are less interested in politics but I am basically basing that on myself since I have other family members that are social last but still interested in what is going on politically way more than I ever have been.

My mom LSI so/sp and my stepdad was ILI sp/so never voted anything but democrat. Funny because if you looked at him you would swear he was a conservative republican.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jarno, I'm about as liberal as it gets (even though most people think I look like a Republican) and my stack is sx/so.

I believe in all of that liberal stuff you listed second. But I have experienced a lot of other cultures (I've been to a lot of other countries (all the states in the US, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, England, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Turkey, South Africa, Zimbabwe, China, & Japan, and I live in a University town with people from all over the world) and exposure to other people tends to make people more liberal.

It has something to do with increased understanding, I think.