Thread: Cozy Delta Si Rooms To Enjoy

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlutteringShyxx View Post
    all of these are lovely but that last one seems like heaven. I don't normally like brown much but the bed itself with the canopy and the plants is definitely a draw
    glad you liked it, I will try to posts others when I have time so stay tuned

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    glad you liked it, I will try to posts others when I have time so stay tuned

That'd be nice

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'd be nice
    Haha then here is a little ad hope it is to your liking

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greek Style

I want this cat

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do love the blue and white scheme; like the sky and clouds, or sea foam and deep Mediterranean oceans

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want that cat too more than the rooms haha

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the cluttered and woody looking ones. the blue and white are nice to look at but actually considering being in them makes me anxious that i'd get a stain somewhere or mess up the carpet. I can't relax in immaculately clean homes.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colour wise I'm more drawn to blue, in theory I love how it blends harmoniously with the white. reality is I dread wearing white or having white furniture cause it shows every little spec of dirt. Dirt I can't be bothered cleaning 24/7 yet am grossed out when I see it

i do like the woodsy aesthetic too. It looks like you can move about the room and relax, or be inspired and do some work; either way it isn't going to look messy because the vibe of the room is to look naturalistic, earthy and cosy

TIM
    IEE 9w1 sx//so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae I love cabin style architecture too. Natural wood is so cozy but not too practical (i always think of fires).
    What I require for a nice home is large windows so the light can come in, light colors in walls (unless wood) and simply space. But plants also bring in coziness and life. But my house will probably be hippyish because of all the random ''so nice, so pretty, ohh i wanna make this artistic thing and DIY now'' stuff.

I've been wanting to incorporate whole birchwood in interior for a while. as a decoration behind bed for instance. But this is an alternative, tho not birch.

Literally just roll out of bed in this one....

Ironically I haven't been able to keep plants alive by myself so far but I absolutely love them around me. I feel like bringing in natural elements into your surrounding such as interior brings a instinctive sense of harmony. At least I feel an almost need to have them around in my house either in material, or literally as plants, flowers,or even if just as illusions.

TIM
    IEE 9w1 sx//so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The amount of times i've had a a positive near-heart attack in this thread is of record level.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is a very Delta house façade.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgdjf View Post
    i like the cluttered and woody looking ones. the blue and white are nice to look at but actually considering being in them makes me anxious that i'd get a stain somewhere or mess up the carpet. I can't relax in immaculately clean homes.
    Same here. While maybe nice to look at, most of these pictures are too clean, staged. Not much, if any, lived-in-ness. Even the 'clutter looks staged...let's pretend someone layed out their clothes, let's pretend someone dropped their shawl when they got up off the chair. I couldn't live in homes this clean...waaay too much work!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_0269.jpgIMG_0263.jpgIMG_0279.jpg

The Savoy Hotel in London, taken last Summer, a year ago from today. I had afternoon tea there with my mum and thoroughly enjoyed it. At first I was nervous that I didn't fit into such a fancy place but inside it was so tranquil. Refined and traditional yet soft and inviting. Maybe more of an Alpha Si-Fe type aesthetic but I thought for those of us who are tea and cake lovers it would suit here too..

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    This is a very Delta house façade.

this is pure magic! Looks like something out of Peter Pan; Never Ever Land mixed with Edwardian London

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is pure magic! Looks like something out of Peter Pan; Never Ever Land mixed with Edwardian London
    You guessed it so well, it's actually in England! I agree completely, the "mixed" style is magnificent. Great Britain is really Delta, and they've mastered the coziness.

So cuuute <3

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is it just me or do the four seasons match the quadras in their succession? Delta = Winter appeals a lot to me. It's the feeling when everything is standing still, it's cold outside so you snuggle up inside ohhh

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an Englander I have always been proud of our style haha

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Chae;1209630]Is it just me or do the four seasons match the quadras in their succession? Delta = Winter appeals a lot to me. It's the feeling when everything is standing still, it's cold outside so you snuggle up inside ohhh

Absolutely magical. I love fireplaces; the smell and sound of them. Amazing :Ł

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As an Englander I have always been proud of our style haha
    Oh that's where you're from! So nice wooow

With good reason! The aristocratic charm is not difficult to love Cornwall in particular seemed really cozy.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that's where you're from! So nice wooow

With good reason! The aristocratic charm is not difficult to love Cornwall in particular seemed really cozy.
    The Cornish country side and folklore is definitely one of the greatest treasures of Britain. It's said to be the region for the Arthurian legend place Camelot, and home to many pixies (Cornish pixies are meant to be good luck charms), pirates who roamed the coastline, mermaids and whales who lurk in the sea..little castle ruins and cottages from bygone eras.it's just a draw. But realistically too, if you aren't into mythology and fairy tales, there is lots of beautiful towns built around rivers and lush botanical areas. Very rainy weather though; when I was last there it was wet and grey the entire time, yet still a very heart warming inclusive place.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Japanese Style
    <japanese decor pics>
    These are my favs so far.

EDIT: @Simo we seem to have similar tastes, I really dig all of the decor in your posts!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love all of these! The pink house reminds me very much of a pink house I always look forward to looking at when I drive by it en route to the natural foods market... Its really just about this shade, maybe lighter - a complex shade of pink, reminding me of the inside of a conch shell. This one is a low vintage cape-style house with additions, impeccably cared for, with some cream-white trim, with also darkest evergreen trim on windows and on the large restore-antique shutters. The pic you posted with white trim and evergreens and black shutter and doors(similar to deepest green) very much reminds me of this.

I was inspired by the above-mentioned house (which I will have to take a picture of and post here sometime) as a model for how I wanted us to paint our house, and this spring I finally got my husband to see it (as for a long time it was me exploring this area alone, since we could not go anywhere together, as one of us always had to be home). Well, he is pretty indulgent towards my preferences of things, but his reaction to this was just flat. "Its not that pink," I said hopefully. "And how gorgeous with those deep green shutters!" But alas. And I won't push for what was obviously an immediate uninspired reaction;l he just isn't drawn to it at all. But I am confident I will come up with another perfect combination that we will both like.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Same here. While maybe nice to look at, most of these pictures are too clean, staged. Not much, if any, lived-in-ness. Even the 'clutter looks staged...let's pretend someone layed out their clothes, let's pretend someone dropped their shawl when they got up off the chair. I couldn't live in homes this clean...waaay too much work!
    Well, if you were Katharine Hepburn, you'd have maid service. With that work off her mind, her "paradise" home at Fenwick required a bit of lived-in clutter to be truly homey. Here she is at home, below:

(Your post reminded me of an old magazine spread of Katharine in her home, so I looked up similar ones to show you, her. In the process, I discovered that Fenwick is here in Connecticut - just 5 miles from the beach we visited in July!)
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Cornish country side and folklore is definitely one of the greatest treasures of Britain. It's said to be the region for the Arthurian legend place Camelot, and home to many pixies (Cornish pixies are meant to be good luck charms), pirates who roamed the coastline, mermaids and whales who lurk in the sea..little castle ruins and cottages from bygone eras.it's just a draw. But realistically too, if you aren't into mythology and fairy tales, there is lots of beautiful towns built around rivers and lush botanical areas. Very rainy weather though; when I was last there it was wet and grey the entire time, yet still a very heart warming inclusive place.
    Oh right! The legends. I really love the figures and myths. No no, I'm quite interested in fantastical things like those (heh, ). What botanical areas can you recommend? Maybe even with pictures while we're in this thread.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Delta privacy mindset in a nutshell I already love her.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae Most notably this place in the heart of Cornwall http://www.edenproject.com/

I've been before but sadly the experience was tainted by my younger self wearing I'll fitting shoes that hurt my feet and cut into my skin so badly that I couldn't focus on much aside from the pain. But it was really beautiful there and I would like to go back (with appropriate footwear this time!)

IMG_2116.JPG IMG_2117.JPGIMG_2118.JPG

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alpha Invasion!!!!

Cozy, simple, low maintenance

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta privacy mindset in a nutshell I already love her.
    I love that picture. Casual, yet composed - like her. Do you think she is Delta? Possibly LSE??

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Well, if you were Katharine Hepburn, you'd have maid service. With that work off her mind, her "paradise" home at Fenwick required a bit of lived-in clutter to be truly homey. Here she is at home, below:

(Your post reminded me of an old magazine spread of Katharine in her home, so I looked up similar ones to show you, her. In the process, I discovered that Fenwick is here in Connecticut - just 5 miles from the beach we visited in July!)
    That's more like it. Lol at her hat fetish, but seems appropriate for her times. Lots of books...everywhere, even in bed
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Osifer View Post
    Alpha Invasion!!!!

Something like this is my image of what I'd like, that I know I will never achieve. I'd prefer more wood though.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Osifer View Post
    Alpha Invasion!!!!

The first time I saw this, I only looked at the picture, and immediately thought: "This looks like my friend's living room (not Delta). I wonder what is Delta about this room?"

This time I saw your Alpha comment and this is interesting - my friend whose room this looks like? She is ISFP - and her husband, ENTp.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried finding my ideal living space, but google images kept showing me sterile crap. So I made a list of the qualities I'd like in my living space, in particular, my living room.

The cozy feel of:

The cleanliness of:

(LOVE the ceiling and wall of windows in this room!!!)

Holding the sheer amount of (x10):

With nothing sitting above waist high except a few plants or décor items:

In a 14'x14' space.

Think I might be asking for too much.?!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    These are my favs so far.
    glad you liked them

EDIT: @Simo we seem to have similar tastes, I really dig all of the decor in your posts!
    then you have an extraordinary taste

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    This is my cozy atmosphere.

This looks eerily familiar to my "dream house" when I was a kid, except my version was more tropical themed. I wanted the floor to also be made out of glass and for it to have water and fish underneath it!

Japanese Style

This is my present ideal home, I've always loved Japanese architecture, but reading Memoirs of A Geisha most definitely exacerbated that love

Haha then here is a little ad hope it is to your liking

Lol, why does this look like my camera roll? Except that my color scheme has a lot of pink in it.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I tried finding my ideal living space, but google images kept showing me sterile crap. So I made a list of the qualities I'd like in my living space, in particular, my living room.

The cozy feel of:

The cleanliness of:

(LOVE the ceiling and wall of windows in this room!!!)

Holding the sheer amount of (x10):

With nothing sitting above waist high except a few plants or décor items:

In a 14'x14' space.

Think I might be asking for too much.?!
    My mom's house, basically. Even the board game makes an appearance

After seeing this, I'm starting to believe Socionics really has a future.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really missed this thread, here are more pics from me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast