Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched this a few months back but couldn’t get it out of my mind. I can’t believe I watched it. I’m not the one who checked it out, but was the last one standing at the end, watching it. Everyone else ran off lol If you want to watch some shocking disturbing and gross movie, watch this. Otherwise, don’t. I don’t think I can forget it now. It was definitely a unique and memorable movie. I don’t want to give anything away...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good movie. Not ‘great’, but definitely worth watching
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

went to sea Martin Eden the movie (they talk in napolitan), great but the book is so much better

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patient Zero is prob the worst movie I’ve ever seen in my life.

Finally saw John Wick 3. Hate to say it, but I liked the first two better.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Taxi Driver for the first time last night. Can’t believe I’d never seen it before.

Why did I get this feeling by the end of the movie that maybe he wasn’t crazy and it was everyone else that was nuts lol

I feel like I need to watch this one more than once.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Brightburn last week...thought it was clever. Liked the idea. Movie was alright. Good for movies nowadays I guess.

I have the movie Gwen I plan on watching on Halloween. Hope it’s good...it sounds good, reviews are alright. Liked the trailer. We shall see...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not much care for the newest Maleficent movie. Several turns of the movie's plot happened less because they made good sense and more because they were convenient for the writers. I also have no idea why a piece by Bach would appear in such a setting. It makes me wonder if the movie is supposed to occur in the far future or something.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did end up watching Gwen and IMO it sucked really bad. Huge let down.

Watched Birth of the Dragon last night and really liked it....
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I liked the new Maleficent movie but I think they made the villain too over the top bad. (she was like a campy homophobic bitch who hated gays- I mean fairies, because they were gays. I mean fairies.) This was kind of funny, like it had comedic value- but it would have worked better emotionally if she was correct more, and Mary Sue-ificent was wrong more. That would make the conflict and tension a lot more interesting to me, but I mean this is a Disney movie so what are we really expecting here?

Like that scene where Ingrith explained how she lost her brother in the woods and blamed it on the fae- well, what if some rogue members of the fae REALLY DID rape and eat the corpse of her dear innocent brother so to speak???? Not Maleficent, but other ones of her kind. But instead its like, Ingrith just assumed that's what happened, because she's a fairyphobic BITCH- but what if she was actually correct there? And that would make sense why she hated them and wanted to commit genocide. But nah- the fairies are just poor misunderstood sweethearts and Queen Ingrith was evil and that was just that. Also it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why Prince Phillip's own mom would be so toxic when he is kind of a sweetheart as well, idk I didn't get that either.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

... and that's what I loved about Xena vs Callisto, cuz Xena really did fuck her over REALLY BADLY. And she just wanted eternal revenge and could not let it go- but Xena really did do those horrible things, Callisto didn't just 'think' Xena did them, and Xena was really innocent. But Xena rightly felt like shit about them as she realized how fucked up it was- and .... that's just layers of moral ambiguity and ethical complications one can work with.

Or correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know if I read the scene right- did a Fae really did kill Ingrith's brother or did she just think so because she's 'evil' deep down? Cuz they told and didn't show and I was a little confused on that part.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and loved it. Best movie I’ve seen in a while.

also watched Ford vs Ferrari, thought it was good, too, but not as enthusiastic about it, just not my kind of thing
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Goldfinch...love loved it. Regretting not reading the book first. Maybe I still will anyway. I think it might have made the list of favorites. However, Ansel Elgort really bothers me, something about him...maybe that’s shitty, because I really don’t have a good reason other than he just gives me the creeps.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The House That Jack Built

Call me a weenie...I can stomach a lot of things...This movie I didn’t finish, and I had the blanket over my head on a lot of parts towards the end. After kids were brought into the mess. It wasn’t scary. It was just really really disturbing. I don’t care to see children being harmed in movies, and after that happened, I was pretty much done. I thought it was interesting in a very sick and twisted way, but that happened, and I’m just... disgusted, now......
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Doctor Sleep last night. Wasn’t The Shining, but I thought it was a pretty good movie.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh man, I want to see it!!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched this one, maybe a bit traumatized and could do with less gore, but I honestly liked the rest of it
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

Just watched this one, maybe a bit traumatized and could do with less gore, but I honestly liked the rest of it
    I loved this movie lol. I was like the entire time which is extremely rare. Good psychedelic simulation too.

Have you seen the movie Stage Beauty? I just saw this movie for the second or third time yesterday, I think you'd like it. More of a girly, romance sort of situation.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call Me By Your Name: B-

a Lana Del Rey song as a movie in the best and worst ways possible
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I loved this movie lol. I was like the entire time which is extremely rare. Good psychedelic simulation too.

Have you seen the movie Stage Beauty? I just saw this movie for the second or third time yesterday, I think you'd like it. More of a girly, romance sort of situation.
    The more I think about it, the more I think I like it (midsommar)...

No I haven’t heard of stage beauty, I’ll have to check it out!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gia (1998): A-

A tragic and touching tale that was far too relatable. It was like watching a snapshot of my life. The only differences being that I’m not a model dying of AIDS (though on my good days I could be a model ). It’s been in my thoughts pretty heavily as of lately.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recently

Invisible Man and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Both great movies
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend faceoff

--It's action packed

--Clever delivery

--Superb acting by Nicolas Cage and John Travelota

--They take their face's off
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 09-20-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Brave New World (2020)
    Free interpretation of initial Aldous Huxley work. The beginning is more interesting than it ends, where becomes some boring and having the final falling to vulgar massacre, with later a link for the next season.
    Bernard Marx is annoying, not smart enough for the occupation and too neurotic. The play of John the Savage by bully alike actor is also strange, not harmonius and surface. You may not remember others there due to similar lack of appropriate and textured characters.
    And there is no answer what is to live in that world, too much was left beyond the script.
    So is there anything to worth to watch it?
    The only what is catchy is acting of Jessica Brown Findlay: her sexual charm, her character's changes and general acting.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

La Chinoise (1967): A surprisingly enjoyable melting pot of Marxist idealism, political conversations backed by beautiful shots and artfully-soulful nonsense, typical to late-Godard. I loved it <3

Through a Glass Darkly (1961): Possibly my favourite film from Bergman's "Faith trilogy".

La Pointe-Courte (1955): One of the parents of la nouvelle vague, it dissects and follows a couple and their relational problems in a French seaside town. Lots of cats. Agnes Varda loved them and so do I
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, watched the new secret garden movie. the 1993 version is one of my favorite movies of all time so I was excited to see a new version of it. i didn’t expect to like it more or it to be better, but i thought it was extremely boring and didn’t even end up watching it all. the only thing I liked about it were the visuals ( heavy CGI). so evidently movies nowadays, which are a lot of remakes (since I guess Hollywood has no creativity left), rely a lot on CGI and crappy scripts. I’d rather have a really good original script with no CGI, but I guess that’s too difficult for them to accomplish anymore. it feels rare to find a good movie anymore. also Mary in the 1993 version was bratty, but I still found her likable, so she pulled that off well. The Mary in this movie, just couldn’t stand her.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mistress America - pre-pastel 90s wes anderson coming of age story meets woody allen screwball comedy, amusing if you're into that.

Persona - a woman tries very hard to not speak, 5/5 a joy to watch and listen.

The Unbelievable Truth - incel clint eastwood released from jail finds work as mechanic and promises not to fuck the boss' misanthropic daughter amid the gossiping town trying to remember the exact details of his past killings. a dry, black comedy.

Betty Blue - extra lewd 3hr version of this 80s classic in which lackadaisical handyman Zorg is gradually driven to become murderous transvestite who thinks his cat talks to him thanks to the power of love when the girl he fucks at night suddenly invites herself to come over during the day.

Turtles can Fly - life is hard when you're a kurdish boy with no arms who sees visions of the future in his dreams living in a refugee camp with your mute sister in Iraq on the eve of US invasion trying to keep a blind toddler from stepping on the landmines from the last war that you & the other kids dig up for sale. bleak and hopeless.

Wanda - touted as feminist classic, a stupid woman leaves her children, husband and job to wander aimlessly around pennsylvania sleeping with whoever will buy her some food before eventually coming to live in a series of hotel rooms with an easily irritated thief who beats and degrades her. very good.

The Wild Boys - Lord of the Flies but all the boys are played by women with short hair and sometimes it's neon and sometimes not and there are wild phallic vegetables they nourish themselves with. 2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I understand by facts that telepathy exists. At now I experiment with future guessing.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.pbs.org/video/lucy-worsl...istmas-fir5kn/

pretty neat & interesting

would recommend
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the first episode, first season of Black Sails. Wasn’t really that impressed...it seems to have fairly good reviews so I’m wondering if I should really give up on it so soon.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I miss going to the movie theatre.

I have not seen a movie in the theatre since Fall 2019.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    God I miss going to the movie theatre.

I have not seen a movie in the theatre since Fall 2019.
    I miss going to theaters too!! I used to have AMC monthly pass and could see 3 movies a week at any AMC (except for the special engagement showings). It was really fun.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally saw John Wick 3. Hate to say it, but I liked the first two better.
    I love John Wick 3! I actually saw John 3 first and then went back and watched 1 and 2. I think because a lot of stuff happened in 3 and shows the results of 1 and 2, it would make someone like me who’s a newcomer to the series want to investigate why 3 is the way it is. The various characters that gets shown in 3 are all interesting and show how the assassin underworld works (in the JW universe) which adds more content to the story. It started off with a personal issue and spun out as a organizational fuck up. I’m really excited to see 4 that’s scheduled to show in May 2021!

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    I’m really excited to see 4 that’s scheduled to show in May 2021!
    Me, too!! I’ve watched the first two several times, but I’ve only seen 3 a few times and it’s been a while. This reminds me I need to watch it again, especially before I see 4!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a bit belated but I just wanted to say the Netflix movie "I Am Mother" is really good and underrated. It also has a great depiction of what Se vulnerable looks like in reality and how it looks when developed (again in an essentially realistic way).

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, too!! I’ve watched the first two several times, but I’ve only seen 3 a few times and it’s been a while. This reminds me I need to watch it again, especially before I see 4!
    I like the Russian ballet company scene where the dancers are all artists and performers but also trained thugs. Whoever said the life of crime is easy?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    I like the Russian ballet company scene where the dancers are all artists and performers but also trained thugs. Whoever said the life of crime is easy?
    lol yeah, I definitely thought that was the best part of the movie
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill and Ted Face the Music

It was sooo bad
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bill and Ted Face the Music

It was sooo bad
    I just looked up its rating, and they clearly warned you.

PG-13. Pretty Good if you’re thirteen.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I just looked up its rating, and they clearly warned you.

PG-13. Pretty Good if you’re thirteen.
    lol I know, I know

but the old ones are cult classics, and it has Keanu in it! I had to see it!

but god, it was embarrassing!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol I know, I know

but the old ones are cult classics, and it has Keanu in it! I had to see it!

but god, it was embarrassing!
    An entertainer was surrounded by his family on his death bed, and someone said to him, “After such a long, productive life, it must be so hard to go.”
    He replied, “Dying is easy. Comedy is hard.”

I haven’t seen any of these movies, but something obviously changed from the earlier ones. Was it different writers? Have the actors changed? Has the audience grown too sophisticated?
    Where, oh where, is the old magic?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rewatched Fritz the Cat after so many years. The X rating is warranted. I can see why Robert Crumb was unhappy with Bakshi's harsh portrayal of 1960's counterculture.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast