Thread: USA politics following Trump's election

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    "EARN IT" Act is gonna destroy encryption and give messages and the internet a government backdoor if it passes.

Quick rundown.
    They weren’t safe to begin with. This is just a way to legally enforce it.

Honestly this is one form of activism that seems borderline dumb to me. People who need to encrypt their messages will find the means to do so, and it will always be possible through the internet, at least in its current design. This is not something regular people should be worrying about. The fact that communication is instant on the internet makes the government’s efforts worthless.

Advanced encryption relies heavily on mathematical equations that are impossible to break without a key. That key can exist outside the internet and thus impossible to reach.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the end,

it doesn't matter who wins.

no savior will come and rescue you.

society is slowly crumbling one way or another.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Trump administration is like the 3rd Reich being populated by malevolent forms of the 3 stooges.

Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-27-2020 at 03:45 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    They weren’t safe to begin with. This is just a way to legally enforce it.

Honestly this is one form of activism that seems borderline dumb to me. People who need to encrypt their messages will find the means to do so, and it will always be possible through the internet, at least in its current design. This is not something regular people should be worrying about. The fact that communication is instant on the internet makes the government’s efforts worthless.

Advanced encryption relies heavily on mathematical equations that are impossible to break without a key. That key can exist outside the internet and thus impossible to reach.
    People can always try to steal, but theft being illegal does a lot to deter it, and nothing is completely impossible to reach.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    "EARN IT" Act is gonna destroy encryption and give messages and the internet a government backdoor if it passes.

Quick rundown.
    I think I trust the government with my data, including protecting it from cyberattacks, much more than private corporations. The government exists in part to stop corporations from running amok, and I think it can hold up against North Korea much better than Mark Zuckerberg would.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They weren’t safe to begin with. This is just a way to legally enforce it.Honestly this is one form of activism that seems borderline dumb to me. People who need to encrypt their messages will find the means to do so, and it will always be possible through the internet, at least in its current design. This is not something regular people should be worrying about. The fact that communication is instant on the internet makes the government’s efforts worthless.Advanced encryption relies heavily on mathematical equations that are impossible to break without a key. That key can exist outside the internet and thus impossible to reach.
    When the government can destroy a company (or individuals) for using "equations that are impossible to break", you don't see a problem?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I trust a balance of power the most. Power corrupts.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    When the government can destroy a company (or individuals) for using "equations that are impossible to break", you don't see a problem?
    Well, Facebook being like "we can't even find out what's being said on our platforms!" seems like the kind of thing they'd only say if they were profiting on crime on a regular basis and wanted to claim innocence while still earning money. I don't think this act affects if you want to encrypt your own communications done over private means or non-social-media, only social media.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    People can always try to steal, but theft being illegal does a lot to deter it, and nothing is completely impossible to reach.
    I don't get your point. Are you trying to argue for the sake of it? You use a new key for every session if you are worried about security. The sessions can last for a day, an hour or a minute. You do realize there are people doing illegal things on the internet right now which the government can't track? The only possible mean they have is whatever information the person willingly shares about themselves. Now that cryptocurrencies have been introduced criminals are even less likely to be tracked, which is why governments all over the world are trying to get into that business. If things keep progressing as they have then tax evasion will be a lot easier for everyone, not just the people who can afford it. Just imagine what else people could do.

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I don't think the government is going to outlaw cryptography. They need it more than you do, to protect state and military secrets, etc. They can't realistically stop you from using it either. Social networks currently do more to undermine your privacy than the government does. But people still use their services willingly and provide them with the means to spy on everyone. I'm all for privacy but I think it's dumb to see it only from a government vs companies or individuals point of view, governments spy on each other as well, a lot has changed since Snowden showed the world what the US and their allies are actually doing. Whatever you think you are fighting for, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get your point. Are you trying to argue for the sake of it? You use a new key for every session if you are worried about security. The sessions can last for a day, an hour or a minute. You do realize there are people doing illegal things on the internet right now which the government can't track? The only possible mean they have is whatever information the person willingly shares about themselves. Now that cryptocurrencies have been introduced criminals are even less likely to be tracked, which is why governments all over the world are trying to get into that business. If things keep progressing as they have then tax evasion will be a lot easier for everyone, not just the people who can afford it. Just imagine what else people could do.
    Cryptocurrencies and blockchain are actually not very secure and the main reason is decentralization. Don't anger the Leviathans.

A 'Blockchain Bandit' Is Guessing Private Keys and Scoring Millions
    There's No Good Reason to Trust Blockchain Technology
    Inside the Crypto World's Biggest Scandal

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

American politics has been playing out exactly the fck the way as I said. I said Turmp would win, he won. I said Biden would coast to the nominatin he did. I liad out all the political vunelrablities of the presiential nominees and they dropped like flies. I sai dthat Kamala Harris'a cssuation of Racism against BIden would never, ever stick. of course they didn't biden had the largest turnoutof the black vote in south carolina. now how fckin stupid is karmala harris if she was reading my posts she would have known better than to go after biden's busing policies. I laid out the lines of attack on Trump in the Coronavirus pandemic. Biden is using the eaxt same attakc now. NOw the DNC isg etting behind my attack. nancy pelosi said today that "his delay...is deadly" meaning trumps failure to inform/stay informed, failure to warn and failure to act...his delay in not doing shit. I LAID THAT OUT TEN DAYS AGO on a signle thread and in many posts. I'm ten days ahead of the big brains of the DNC...pelois has been doing this all her life and I picked up on Trump's screw=up here, articulated it with metallic precise precision, and it took pelosi ten days after i grasped it for her to grasp it, she's been doing this all her life...clearly i am the most politically astute here. just like i'm the best typologer (here and everywhere).... now overlay that with 2500+ exemplars type list soon to be 3000+...I didn't put together the only valid breakdown for nothingn. I didn't found American socionics for nothing. I cracked the VI templates for every socionics type and subtype...believe me, the russians were searching for decades for a high quality VI template like mine...all the best minds tyring to get it...all the best minds in typology and I'm the one who got it, I'm the one who put it together, I'm the one who brought it to the mainstream, now tons of people are using my VI templates..there has to be a correlation between being the greatest typologer and being the most politically astute...

anyways, its obvious i've been ahead of the curve here...call it great instincts or a type of political genius.

instincts like that can't be taught...it can't be learned. either you have it or you don't and most don't....most are lucky to have seen it once in their lifetime. most of the posts on the coronavirus thread are obviously written by people who lack good instincts...your nts and ne leads and ni leads don't bring anythign to the table. herd immunity turned out to be quack science. look at my posts...thats all the democrats are talking about now. except i laid it out on the coronavirus thread and dummy trump thread before they started talking about. They ,the democrats, who study this shit day and night...me, I take one look at it, size it up and mold a political masterpiece out of it...that's what political genius does
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 04-01-2020 at 02:48 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so "exciting" Biden vs. Trump... two incompetent people. Trump is worse but they are both incompetent with failing cognitive abilities.

also, to elaborate...

Biden and Trump are both rich guys and that means their ethics are BOTH compromised. However,

Trump is utterly morally/ethically deficient as well as a complete idiot (in part due to his cognitive decline)

Biden also has cognitive decline, but he is not as morally/ethically deficient as Trump is. His morals/ethics are more in line with his experience as a rich person... he's not a narcissist or a psychopath.

Regarding COVID-19, Trump has utterly failed the US (and the world) by failing to acknowledge the threat the virus posed back in December and January. He completely sucks at predicting anything. He is wishy-washy, going back and forth on social distancing ideas vs. opening the economy back up. He's a liar who is probably unaware that he's a liar, and a con artist. He runs the presidency as though he's playing the president on a TV show. He is leading us all to destruction and he needs to be stopped by us all voting for someone else. He's cost us months. He is sinking our economy, not because he has helped lock it down but because he failed to take the virus seriously early enough. He has failed to come up with a national response early enough, he has failed to get testing more active across the nation. He will effectively be responsible for thousands (or tens of thousands) of deaths that could have been avoided had a less incompetent person who actually pays attention to science and isn't utterly stupid and has even an OUNCE of personal responsibility been in charge.

He is far beyond the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by marooned; 04-01-2020 at 09:09 PM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A wild argument appears.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously type exemplars are relevant to the convo.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post

Biden also has cognitive decline, but he is not as morally/ethically deficient as Trump is. His morals/ethics are more in line with his experience as a rich person... he's not a narcissist or a psychopath.
    Idk, he really seems like quite a loose tempered douche based on what I've seen.

In any case, I actually quite amused we've gotten stuck with these laughably piss poor leaders. The US and it's global hegemony could stand to be taken down a notch.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Idk, he really seems like quite a loose tempered douche based on what I've seen.
    "Now listen here, Fat." Lmao.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really clear attack vector against Trump in that during 2018, CDC officials tasked with pandemic response resigned and the Trump administration failed to restaff.

On top of that, the fact that the anti-vaxxer movement gained momentum when Trump gained momentum gives Trump bad optics.

Generally, The COVID-19 pandemic gives Trump a run for his money because COVID-19 plays by different rules.
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 04-02-2020 at 09:20 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Chemical Bromance View Post
    Really clear attack vector against Trump in that during 2018, CDC officials tasked with pandemic response resigned and the Trump administration failed to restaff.

On top of that, the fact that the anti-vaxxer movement gained momentum when Trump gained momentum gives Trump bad optics.

Generally, The COVID-19 pandemic gives Trump a run for his money because COVID-19 plays by different rules.
    Wise words, @My Chemical Bromance. COVID-19 does play by different rules. Those rules are called "Reality", and Trump and his supporters have been denying them for a long time.

https://medium.com/s/story/why-does-...s-9625b0dd28c6

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know if this post is better set here or in the Wuhan Flu thread, but here is a link to a Detroit reporter's take on Donald Trump and GM and Ventilators.

It is also telling in that it shows how Trump interacts with US companies in order to score points with his base.

https://www.facebook.com/newsGuy760/...59592319648835

It is a pity that GM's chairperson is a woman, as is Michigan's governor, who also came under criticism from Trump. What a small man Trump is.

This, in my opinion, is why character matters. I mean, competency matters, too, but competency without good character is Nazi Germany.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once the virus is contained we have to get people back to work asap.

sure, you can choke someone (economy) for a couple seconds and they should be okay.

but if you choke someone for minutes.... they won't be able to come back to life

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geopolitically speaking, America is gaining a huge advantage over China with this whole Covid mess.

Once the pandemic is under control, China is going to face some serious repercussions due to their slip up in the wet markets AGAIN. This time causing the whole global economy to go flat on it's ass. This is a huge mess for the CCP, the whole world is looking at them right now with a furrowed brow. There's no way they'll be able to weasel their way out of it without coming out scathed.

The Covid pandemic is going to the give USA a lot of leverage regarding this

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What it means when foreigners own US debt.

In a trade of goods and services between countries, one country (them) sends actual goods (stuff, cameras, snow shovels) to another country (us) in exchange for signed contract notes (currency) which promises to the holder of the paper (them) that the holder is entitled to get something from the currency issuer (us) in the future. They send us real stuff, we send them crates of banknotes.

Normally, the foreign nation could come back to us and say, "Remember all those snow shovels and cameras I sent to you? I now have all these promises from you that you will give me something of value in return. I want the Washington Monument. Crate it up. I'll return your notes when it's on the dock."

To prevent foreigners from buying something that we like, like the Washington Monument or General Motors, Congress has imposed restrictions on what foreigners can buy from us. Most military hardware is OK, but businesses and a lot of property is off-limits. So what is a foreign country going to buy, when they aren't allowed to buy most things?

They buy government bonds. Bonds are US debt, which again, are promises to give them more dollars in the future in exchange for some dollars today. This is easy for us to promise, because we print dollars and our forests are in good shape.

So it would seem that they send us real stuff, and the only thing they can get back from us is crates of paper. Why would they do this?

Because, by having a foreign buyer (us) create demand for their goods and services, they can stimulate their economies. They can find work for all of those people who want jobs but can't otherwise find work. It is a huge make-work project. In addition, they actually can spend some of those dollars in third-party countries (like Germany) to get access to the latest and greatest machine tool technology which they can reverse-engineer to modernize their country, but mostly, it is a way to keep their people busy and content. The ancient Egyptians did the same thing when they employed the idle farmers to build pyramids. Those pyramids were not productive in the sense that they produced anything, they just kept the people busy and out of trouble.

Does having foreigners hold a lot of bonds hurt the US at all? If they call the bonds in, we can just print more money and send that to them. They don't actually get stuff for those bonds. So the only way that getting stuff from other countries in exchange for "debt - a promise to give them more green paper" hurts us is that they are working at certain jobs and we are not.

Of course, those jobs mainly consist of hordes of people assembling iPhones for 14 hours a day in exchange for a cup of tea and a place to sleep, and I'm not sure that many people in the US would do that kind of work, but there is a loss to the US of certain jobs.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What it means when foreigners own US debt.

In a trade of goods and services between countries, one country sends actual goods (stuff, cameras, snow shovels) to another country in exchange for signed contract notes (currency) which promises to the holder of the paper that the holder is entitled to get something from the currency issuer in the future. They send us real stuff, we send them crates of banknotes.

Normally, the foreign nation could come back to us and say, " Remember all those snow shovels and cameras I sent to you? I now have all these promises from you that you will give me something of value in return. I want the Washington Monument. Crate it up. I'll return your notes when it's on the dock."

To prevent foreigners from buying something that we like, like the Washington Monument or GM, Congress has imposed restrictions on what foreigners can buy from us. Most military hardware is OK, but businesses and a lot of property is off-limits. So what is a foreign country going to buy, when they aren't allowed to buy most things?

They buy government bonds. Bonds are US debt, which again, are promises to give them more dollars in the future in exchange for some dollars today. This is easy to promise, because we print dollars.

So it would seem that they send us real stuff, and the only thing they can get back from us is crates of paper. Why would they do this?

Because by having a foreign buyer create demand for their goods and services, they can stimulate their economies. They can find work for all of those people who want jobs but can't otherwise find work. It is a huge make-work project. In addition, they actually can spend some of those dollars in third-party countries (like Germany) to get access to the latest and greatest machine tool technology which they can reverse-engineer to modernize their country, but mostly, it is a way to keep their people busy and content. The ancient Egyptians did the same thing when they employed the idle farmers to build pyramids. Those pyramids were not productive in the sense that they produced anything, they just kept the people busy.

Does having foreigners hold a lot of bonds hurt the US at all? If they call the bonds in, we can just print more money and send that to them. They don't actually get stuff for those bonds. So the only way that getting stuff from other countries in exchange for "debt - a promise to give them more green paper" is that they are working at jobs and we are not.

Of course, those jobs mainly consist of hordes of people assembling iPhones for 14 hours a day in exchange for a cup of tea and a place to sleep, and I'm not sure that many people in the US would do that kind of work, but there is a loss to the US of certain jobs.
    India is growing to be the next major manufacturer and can pass china as soon as 2030 due to Chinas artificially aged population . This pandemic is speeding up the process.. what I meant was the debt also gives the usa more leverage in making them comply with the wuhan fuck up consequences. next decade for China is going to be miserable geopolitically speaking

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd like to think that we are headed towards a Star Trek universe, where all races are welcomed into the Federation and money doesn't exist. Non-interference is the rule and liberal democracy is the law of the land.

However, evolutionary psychologists are discovering that between 30% and 40% of the human race favor Authoritarian regimes. Coincidentally, that is exactly the percentage of people who support Trump, no matter what he does.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters." - D. Trump.

"Democracy is most secure, and tolerance is maximized, when we design systems to accommodate how people actually are. Because some people will never live comfortably in a modern liberal democracy." - Karen Stenner, The Authoritarian Dynamic.

"Democracy is most secure, and tolerance is maximized, when we design systems to accommodate how people actually are. Because some people will never live comfortably in a modern liberal democracy

"Democracy is most secure, and tolerance is maximized, when we design systems to accommodate how people actually are. Because some people will never live comfortably in a modern liberal democracy"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    India is growing to be the next major manufacturer and can pass china as soon as 2030 due to Chinas artificially aged population . This pandemic is speeding up the process.. what I meant was the debt also gives the usa more leverage in making them comply with the wuhan fuck up consequences. next decade for China is going to be miserable geopolitically speaking
    Yes, China is now being displaced by cheaper labor in other countries. The copper plumbing that I bought from Menards came from Vietnam.

There is no bottom to the value of human labor. That's why labor unions are necessary. Unions, or universal income, either one.

The "debt" gives us leverage over our trade partners in the same sense that the rich family in town has leverage over the poor Mexicans who cut their grass and clean their house. If the rich family stops buying services, the Mexican family is hurt.

I don't see a great future for China, either. But I think that the future is not with countries, but rather is with the elites in every country. You can see this in the US already. If you have the ability to do your job from home, you are probably doing OK. If you don't, you are going to be left farther and farther behind. The pandemic is only accelerating this trend.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Trump becomes president for life, just call it quits and ask England to take you back.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

California, Oregon, and Washington State just signed a pact of unity in defiance of the federal government over handling the coronavirus. Could very well be the first concrete step towards the US balkanizing.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    California, Oregon, and Washington State just signed a pact of unity in defiance of the federal government over handling the coronavirus. Could very well be the first concrete step towards the US balkanizing.
    The US is a fairly diverse place and people have been sorting themselves out since the '80's. Colorado went from a red state to a blue state because a lot of liberals moved there. I don't think this is a good trend for several reasons.

For one thing, a region full of like-minded people is equivalent to a company filled with Yes-men. The company might be prosperous or it might be poor, but one thing is certain: It has a greatly-reduced ability to adapt to changing circumstances.

Balkanization of a region reduces its economic influence in the world simply from the reduced market size. Presumably, some of the things that makes the regions different are different laws and different standards, and at some point, it becomes too expensive to manufacture a product that is acceptable to all regions. Costs rise and everyone becomes poorer. Britain is about to find this out with a vengeance.

The German revolution of 1848 was a case where the economic liberalization following Napoleon's destruction of the power of the church was repressed by the country's ruling classes. In the wake of the failed revolution, where the King stated "in public that only God and not the people or any legislative body could decide upon his crown", many of the liberal Germans were harassed by the monarch's secret police. In the following decade, nearly one million of these liberal Germans left the country and moved to the US, with many of them settling in Wisconsin and Minnesota, regions which are still liberal today.

Germany, on the other hand, by 1914 was left with the people who believed in the Aristocracy and a government that was always right.

I happen to believe that the best situation is to listen respectfully to everyone's input. I also believe that it is vital that leadership regularly change from one faction to another. When one group thinks that it can't win in the court of public opinion or through the legal processes, it will take desperate measures to preserve itself. Long before this point is reached, that group's opinions and wishes have to be honored, respected, and included in the society.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always with the corporate analogies @Adam Strange. You truly are LIE.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post

I dig them, keep feeding me Ni Adam

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dig them, keep feeding me Ni Adam
    We all use what we got.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all use what we got.
    @kingslayer is gunna fuck u

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    @kingslayer is gunna fuck u
    He probably prefers females.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

democrat party (aka identity politic cesspool) really lucked out with obama's puppet dementia joe. dummy trump is annihilating dementia joe right now and dementia joe has failed to press the line of attack i laid out in the dummy trump thread. that's dementia joe vegging out on his Si-creative.

look at commie bernie all diapered up in his forty dollar sears and roebucks suit. hahahaha

commie bernie raises his hand to get a point in rather than just interrupting to make the point. see, he doesn't know how to get things done

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is a horrible reflection on the past three years when you see a competent government official and are surprised:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/12511...bysblog.net%2F

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a horrible reflection on the past three years when you see a competent government official and are surprised:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/12511...bysblog.net%2F

"Maybe [Trump] should get up and go to work" — be careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by xerx; 04-19-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Geopolitically speaking, America is gaining a huge advantage over China with this whole Covid mess.

Once the pandemic is under control, China is going to face some serious repercussions due to their slip up in the wet markets AGAIN. This time causing the whole global economy to go flat on it's ass. This is a huge mess for the CCP, the whole world is looking at them right now with a furrowed brow. There's no way they'll be able to weasel their way out of it without coming out scathed.

The Covid pandemic is going to the give USA a lot of leverage regarding this
    China was already put under siege by western media and fully blacklisted well before corona with all the Hong Kong/Xinjiang/Winnie the Pooh stuff. I don't think this is going to turn anyone against China who didn't already view them with hostility. World opinion currently matters much for the USA whom has been teetering on the edge of losing all influence and solidarity with other western nations like Canada and the EU due to Trump's America First agenda. The US has suffered hits in world opinion too with it's hoarding of supplies and don't think it will gain a lead over China. If anybody's gaining a lead in geopolitical influence from this pandemic it's the EU, specifically Germany. Head over to worldnews on Reddit and you will find people constantly praising Merkel, not Trump or the US.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange, I’m curious: do you think that it would have been good, following your analogy, for a liberal republic to have been overthrown and replaced by a monarchy, simply because that would have been a change in leadership? Not that it’s a perfect example, but something like the Restoration?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I was talking to this middle-aged Trump supporter who believes that Hillary Clinton was behind the murder of Epstein.

I asked him why someone who isn't American would be such a hardcore Trump supporter, especially given the fact that Trump had soured relations with his country and has attempted to damage it economically. In one of those rare, adventitious revelations inspired by vast quantities of alcohol consumption, he finally blurted out what he was thinking all along: "I support Trump because he's against Muslims; I know he's bad for our country."
    Last edited by xerx; 04-19-2020 at 11:13 PM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I was talking to this middle-aged Trump supporter who believes that Hillary Clinton was behind the murder of Epstein.

I asked him why someone who isn't American would be such a hardcore Trump supporter, especially given the fact that Trump had soured relations with his country and has attempted to damage it economically. In one of those rare, serendipitous revelations inspired by vast quantities of alcohol consumption, he finally blurted out what he was thinking all along: "I support Trump because he's against Muslims; I know he's bad for our country."
    I'm surprised he believes HC is behind the murder of Epstein... That gives her props.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast