Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLI-ISTp Appreciation Thread

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI-ISTp Appreciation Thread

No one wants to self-type SLI because "they are soooooo boring" but a lot of SLIs are really interesting people (even if they're my conflictor) so I thought I'd make a thread to help demolish the stereotypes. Please post interesting (which by standards of what an SLI is stereotyped to be, is not saying much) and/or cool SLIs here.

Chuck Norris - SLI-Te

Harrison Ford - SLI-Te

John Wayne - SLI-Te

H. R. Giger - SLI-Si

Bertolt Brecht - SLI-Si

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also Henry David Thoreau, author of Walden.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Grace Kelly! Do we have more SLI ladies?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Also Henry David Thoreau, author of Walden.
    I always considered him SEI, but that type needs nearly as much pity appreciation as SLI...

@Chae Yeah, we need more. If I see any more I'll post them here. Grace Kelly reminds me of some "SLI ladies" I know as well appearance-wise

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Found another SLI woman! Yolandi Vi$$er from Die Antwoord, she's super cool and captivating I'm in love

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Found another SLI woman! Yolandi Vi$$er from Die Antwoord, she's super cool and captivating I'm in love

IEI imo

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    IEI imo
    I don't think an IEI would cover themselves in living white rats and sing "I fink u freaky and I like u a lot" Anyway - We need to discuss that in the Die Antwoord thread

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae, noooo, she's soooo Se-Ni.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    @Chae, noooo, she's soooo Se-Ni.
    That is easy to tell from those pictures - highly unnatural and somewhat disturbing. Impactful.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think an IEI would cover themselves in living white rats and sing "I fink u freaky and I like u a lot" Anyway - We need to discuss that in the Die Antwoord thread
    Why would SLI do that before IEI though? SLI's are much less odd in general.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Why would SLI do that before IEI though? SLI's are much less odd in general.
    I'm wondering, is oddness a quadra trait?

TIM
    ENFp-IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love SLI's. They're the most wonderful. There is no other type as wonderful and amazing as SLI's. They're just incredibly beautiful and complex, and loyal and good, and wonderful people that are so incredibly constant in who they are and what they do. I love how much they understand. It's crazy how they just get things on the same level as IEE's do. I feel like I never have to explain myself when I am with them. I love how willing they are to go on adventures, and how low stress and low maintenance they are. They're secret teddy bears too which is amazing. They're so incredibly loving and kind too underneath their shell. ALL of my SLI friends have this incredible wit and are crazy funny. I also enjoy how amazing they are at everything that I suck at. I freaking love SLI's.

TIM
    ENFp-IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grace Kelly was bae
    Grace Kelly! Do we have more SLI ladies?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Connorrrrr View Post
    Grace Kelly was bae
    Oh my god, yes. Look at this classy woman So much elegance and mystery. She was so cold and sensual at once. Imagine how it would be like to make her laugh

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nick Offerman in an awesome SLI that I like, what a snarky ball of floof lmao he cracks me up

em 140° degree brows^^^^

Mad interesting work philosophy right there & cool approach. He's easygoing but factual, clearly Ne-seeking aka appreciates ze humor:

Found some semi-duality stuff (Conan is ILE imo) where his Fi HA comes out, sweet but filthy hilarious as well:

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is Nick Offerman really SLI? Or does he just play one? In his stand-up, he seems more Gamma SF. I always pegged him as ESI.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    Is Nick Offerman really SLI? Or does he just play one? In his stand-up, he seems more Gamma SF. I always pegged him as ESI.
    Interesting question, where would you pinpoint his ?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruce Willis -- SLI-Te

Wynona Judd -- SLI-Si

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Bruce Willis -- SLI-Te

Yassss Bruce Willis is so cool
    Best performance imo was in this movie:

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    No one wants to self-type SLI because "they are soooooo boring" but a lot of SLIs are really interesting people (even if they're my conflictor) so I thought I'd make a thread to help demolish the stereotypes. Please post interesting (which by standards of what an SLI is stereotyped to be, is not saying much) and/or cool SLIs here.
    Why would SLI be "so boring"?

Here's a sentence from a self-typed SLI (he does seem SLI alright): "If I feel like it I may drive like a bat outta hell to home Depot for fun...so we don't move slow. We just don't care about the goal that much. It's all about the journey."

This was when I was discussing with him how I'm more driven towards a goal and asked if he just likes to amble around lol.

His answer makes sense. Socionics Si isn't simply about comfort, it's about all the internal side of sensory enjoyment, comfort is only one theme of that.

It's just that it is not as conspicuous due to its introversion as Se is. It's about internal needs while Se is about external demands.

And for sure, the people in the photos you list, they aren't typically seen as boring either, yeah.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Connorrrrr View Post
    I love SLI's. They're the most wonderful. There is no other type as wonderful and amazing as SLI's. They're just incredibly beautiful and complex, and loyal and good, and wonderful people that are so incredibly constant in who they are and what they do. I love how much they understand. It's crazy how they just get things on the same level as IEE's do. I feel like I never have to explain myself when I am with them. I love how willing they are to go on adventures, and how low stress and low maintenance they are. They're secret teddy bears too which is amazing. They're so incredibly loving and kind too underneath their shell. ALL of my SLI friends have this incredible wit and are crazy funny. I also enjoy how amazing they are at everything that I suck at. I freaking love SLI's.
    This. (The bolded.) Again, Si != comfort, lol.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can't see SLIs as boring when they are literally suggested by the anti-boring IE. They are surprisingly open to everything original

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

More to dispel those weird stereotypes - I wonder if they come from Si not being so in the face as Se as I mentioned above, along with the certain brand of fierce independence of SLIs, so it's not all that visible how SLIs actually can easily have a pretty active, not some extremely slow, boring life for themselves

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...Stratiyevskaya

(I'm quoting parts emphasizing the particular brand of independence too)

"Representatives of this type are characterized by shielding themselves off from unpleasant experiences and perceptions. To leave and join a pleasant society, a comfortable solitude, or a "warm company" that allows for light, non-obliging, non-binding relations; to depart into memories that vividly and accurately recreate pleasant impressions, once experienced and remembered for a long time. ("As now I remember the smell of freshly cut grass of the football field, on which I walked for the first time in my life...")

The SLI knows how to pay attention to and heed his internal impressions. Likes to talk about them, to analyze them. He values natural beauty and sharp, thrilling experiences and sensations. Lack of such impressions just as their overload irritates the SLI, sometimes evoking aversion.

The SLI categorically does no agree with the assertion that "any pleasure in this life comes at a price"; he in general rejects such framing of the issue. In his understanding, pleasure is the individual adjustment of subjective experiences. The ability to tune and adjust one's experiences with the orientation towards harmony and pleasure - is his own individual capability, his own merit. Therefore, why does he has to pay for it?

The SLI likes to sense his own strength and physical condition. Many of them will try to lead a healthy lifestyle. SLIs prefer the types of sports that are filled with trilling, bright impressions and strong sensations: mountain climbing, travel, scuba diving. Sport for the SLI is not only a test and check for endurance, but also a way to feel the fullness and vividness of life. (Image of a courageous traveler-trailblazer is very appealing to representatives of this type.)

SLIs like to walk by food, moreover, there is a perception of good coordination and measured automatism in their movements and their gait. For the duration of the entire walk, the SLI keeps the same even pre-set pace. They don't like to stop and wait for people who fell behind. Thus they like to walk to jog alone. Walking for the SLI is also an opportunity to focus on his own thoughts. The experience of the walk or run itself can be more important to them than its final goal or destination."

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In a way when it comes to being open to novel, exciting experiences, LSI's can be seen as more boring. It depends on a SLI though, some are couch potato personified.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    More to dispel those weird stereotypes - I wonder if they come from Si not being so in the face as Se as I mentioned above, along with the certain brand of fierce independence of SLIs, so it's not all that visible how SLIs actually can easily have a pretty active, not some extremely slow, boring life for themselves
    That´s more a prejudice of this specific forum.

MBTI rightfully describes "ISTP"s as adventurous, nonconformist, etc. actually most SLIs I know are like this rather than the meek nerdy stereotype.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That´s more a prejudice of this specific forum.

MBTI rightfully describes "ISTP"s as adventurous, nonconformist, etc. actually most SLIs I know are like this rather than the meek nerdy stereotype.
    Yeah I noticed that in MBTI too. But the more refined Socionics type descriptions (like the one I linked to) do emphasize this enough too. Just somehow it gets skipped as you say. Just because of that tendency of equating each IE with one single word? (Se = aggression, Si = comfort and so on... Lol)
    Last edited by Myst; 01-17-2017 at 07:32 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

In a way when it comes to being open to novel, exciting experiences, LSI's can be seen as more boring. It depends on a SLI though, some are couch potato personified.
    Boring for an IEE maybe. I can go into exciting stuff just fine but it depends on what it is. And, Fe of course works better for me with this than Ne incentive.

With the SLIs I've talked to, I do definitely hear/notice this emphasis from them on adventure or just about "new stuff". I'm more in line with some of the adventure stuff, the other "new stuff" not as much, especially not when it's just random crap (from my pov). But I do share quite well in the interest with them when it's about sport topics or some other sensory adventure. Really easy to discuss with them.

And sure, anyone can be depressed or whatever and be just a couch potato never doing or wanting anything worthwhile due to that.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Boring for an IEE maybe. I can go into exciting stuff just fine but it depends on what it is. And, Fe of course works better for me with this than Ne incentive.

With the SLIs I've talked to, I do definitely hear/notice this emphasis from them on adventure or just about "new stuff". I'm more in line with some of the adventure stuff, the other "new stuff" not as much, especially not when it's just random crap (from my pov). But I do share quite well in the interest with them when it's about sport topics or some other sensory adventure. Really easy to discuss with them.

And sure, anyone can be depressed or whatever and be just a couch potato never doing or wanting anything worthwhile due to that.
    SLI's I know often times like to just randomly wander around without goal - on road trips etc. and are very open to random iniciatives of activities (no idea if they actually enjoy them or they just go along ). LSI's are more likely to want to have things planned out and are more likely to freak out/get concerned if things don't go according to plan (again, the severity depends on a LSI). So in that way, LSI's can be viewed as more uptight. Imo just going on boring activities which are a waste of time (sitting in the middle of the woods like many of my SLI accquintances do) and hibernate is not my idea of fun.

Dunno if true, but as far as I've noticed LSI's are more likely to actually take the lead (planning a trip, organizing, take care for it financially and push you along), while SLI's just wander besides or are a complete lone wolf (my ex SLI classmate as his occupation spends months completely alone in woods picking up different herbs )

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

SLI's I know often times like to just randomly wander around without goal - on road trips etc. and are very open to random iniciatives of activities (no idea if they actually enjoy them or they just go along ). LSI's are more likely to want to have things planned out and are more likely to freak out/get concerned if things don't go according to plan (again, the severity depends on a LSI). So in that way, LSI's can be viewed as more uptight. Imo just going on boring activities which are a waste of time (sitting in the middle of the woods like many of my SLI accquintances do) and hibernate is not my idea of fun.

Dunno if true, but as far as I've noticed LSI's are more likely to actually take the lead (planning a trip, organizing, take care for it financially and push you along), while SLI's just wander besides or are a complete lone wolf (my ex SLI classmate as his occupation spends months completely alone in woods picking up different herbs )
    That comparison makes sense yeah. Except I also don't know about SLI not doing any organizing, someone else would have to chime in here. The Te subtype should be easily able to do it if going by theory. I did hear it from some SLI before that they need someone else to show the prospects of things and they can't get moving on their own or something. That to me sounded extreme but maybe for some more isolated SLIs this is true, neglected Ne dual-seeking or whatever?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That comparison makes sense yeah. Except I also don't know about SLI not doing any organizing, someone else would have to chime in here. The Te subtype should be easily able to do it if going by theory. I did hear it from some SLI before that they need someone else to show the prospects of things and they can't get moving on their own or something. That to me sounded extreme but maybe for some more isolated SLIs this is true, neglected Ne dual-seeking or whatever?
    From what I've seen they dont particularily enjoy formal organisation as a linear rational like a LSE or LSI might. They seem to prefer more "ad-hoc", take it as it comes, attitude to plans. As long as they know parameters of what they are supposed to be doing (tasks, material acquisition) then they seem to figure things out as it happens as opposed to having a "game plan". From what I've seen it means they don't stress like a LSE does when things do not go according to plan. This saves on redundancies.

Basically its the Ip nature yet still good at Te.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLI's have got that Si.

When I was in my teens, I wanted to be Cary Grant. He was so cool around women. I always thought it was because he was just cool beyond words. I now know that he was just SLI.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    SLI's have got that Si.

When I was in my teens, I wanted to be Cary Grant. He was so cool around women. I always thought it was because he was just cool beyond words. I now know that he was just SLI.
    I don't see what's so "cool beyond words" in this but then I'm not an IEE girl lol. (He is good-looking sure, not saying he's not.) I've heard about MBTI ISTPs being called cool like that though.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't see what's so "cool beyond words" in this but then I'm not an IEE girl lol. (He is good-looking sure, not saying he's not.) I've heard about MBTI ISTPs being called cool like that though.
    Maybe it's my Si-PoLR, I dunno. Maybe it's because he looks a lot like my uncle. All I can say is, if you asked almost any guy if he could look and dress like Cary Grant, you'd get a lot of takers.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    SLI's have got that Si.

Was he cool around women in general, or only as scripted in his movies? He could have been the most awkward bean in romance irl Don't know much too much about his biographical love life.

From what I found, he was excellent at bromance Apparently, Cary and Randy Scott's relation outlasted all of their marriages.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Grant apparently spend some time as a male escort. What may or may not have transpired is left to your conjecture. Not every woman in Hollywood found him irresistible. But who is?

He is also widely considered to have worn the best suit ever made in North By Northwest.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLI appreciation as in characteristics that I adore.

- can cut to the chase
    - minimize chaos
    - simple living, no bs
    - harmony-craving, sensitive antennas for that
    - put the dual into INDIVIDUALITY
    - really their uniqueness is stunning, their ways of being "with(in) themselves", can't quite express it
    - instead of aggression, they show patience and lenience
    - can explain everything
    - so confident in the physical, it's incredible
    - they notice EVERYTHING
    - weird
    - like being alone. A good trait in societies that promote "sheeple" mentality
    - decently orderly, yet not too detailed about it
    - feed others ;~;
    - either stoic or awkward, both is cute
    - don't give many fucks. and when they do, ya know it's real
    - others think they're emotionally constipated. I call it calm and that is deeply needed.
    - athletic
    - not focused on parties and being expected to emote this or that way. I think they have great freedom like this
    - feel-good people
    - sensual

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm EII but Ive spent a majority of my life with an SLI and I can only compliment this personnality. I think she deserved someone far better than myself... Ive felt loved for the only time in my life, nofake (I wasn't really fond of wich made me all fucked up in the head at this time, for her and myself, but more here at the end). I really hope she experienced the same feeling even if mine was not 100%. Now I spent time much more with ESTJ girls but I'm not sure if the same thing is possible sadly. The good one, and stuff...

Double SLI duo or IEE/SLI (Seb Vaughan is SLI no question IDK for Tablloyd)

very interesting state of mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast