Thread: List of famous LIE computer guys?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default List of famous LIE computer guys?

Famous programmers, entrepreneurs, hackers, developers, etc... Of type LIE

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Gates?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Gates, Linus Torvalds. Maybe John Carmack, though he could be ILI.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Bill Gates, Linus Torvalds. Maybe John Carmack, though he could be ILI.
    I think John Carmack is LIE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Linus is a LIE? I mean the guy wrote UNIX-like kernel from scratch, posted it in internet for free, slacked off at university for many years (was employed in there but graduated by making thesis of his own creation over the weekend or something several years later), some random hobbyist noticed that his kernel was OK, project started to grew and suddenly he was successful.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Linus is a LIE? I mean the guy wrote UNIX-like kernel from scratch, posted it in internet for free, slacked off at university for many years (was employed in there but graduated by making thesis of his own creation over the weekend or something several years later), some random hobbyist noticed that his kernel was OK, project started to grew and suddenly he was successful.
    What type would you prefer? Linus is widely known for his caustic personality and telling people very loudly that they are stupid. I've also considered SLE, but the information you just gave would point away from it.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The thing is that he is very aversive towards business. If Te is kind of business logic then why we see this? Does it really point towards Te base behaviour? He also prefers very simple life.

On the other hand he really puts emphasis on practical matters.

Is it usual that LIEs hate business? I can see it in a way but base IE and HA seems to point in other direction.
    LIE in that case is plausible.

He has quite a huge repertoire on calling people masturbating monkeys, referring himself as a God or moron, showing middle finger to companies. Kind of funny if you can take it, I guess. Never seen it as very caustic but maybe it is. (The difference to ILE is that ILE argues where LIE calls person being masturbating monkey? Nice diplomacy there...) Now to think more about this. LIE I have met spewed out a lot of racist nonsense because he could and told his war stories to others. There was one who wrote similarly on blog posts featuring his troubles with ladies and never getting laid, weapon design etc. That is kind of immature Se coming out but seeing it as HA is a stretch in a context where it usually tries to refer.
    I can see pretty introverted LIE in him.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 11-11-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is that he is very aversive towards business. If Te is kind of business logic then why we see this? Does it really point towards Te base behaviour? He also prefers very simple life.
    Te can also manifest as an interest in technology or technical fields. "Business logic" is not a name that completely encompasses all of Te. I would prefer to call it "pragmatic logic" or something like that.

"He also prefers very simple life."

I guess I don't know what you mean exactly here, maybe you know something about his personal life that I don't.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually me and many other LIEs are int simple life. Having all that is necessary and nothing more is very attractive. One dream I had as a child was to leave all my material attachments and live out of a backpack only.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

this thread is full of so much fail

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has quite a huge repertoire on calling people masturbating monkeys, referring himself as a God or moron, showing middle finger to companies. Kind of funny if you can take it, I guess. Never seen it as very caustic but maybe it is. (The difference to ILE is that ILE argues where LIE calls person being masturbating monkey? Nice diplomacy there...) Now to think more about this. LIE I have met spewed out a lot of racist nonsense because he could and told his war stories to others. There was one who wrote similarly on blog posts featuring his troubles with ladies and never getting laid, weapon design etc. That is kind of immature Se coming out but seeing it as HA is a stretch in a context where it usually tries to refer.
    Yeah, it is extremely caustic lol. Oddly he seems to be quite polite in person, in his interviews he comes off as cordial or even friendly, so there's probably some there. It's a thin facade though.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    I can't recall the last time you contributed anything to a thread. Maybe give it a try for once?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    How propriate and helpful of you to say

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I can't recall the last time you contributed anything to a thread. Maybe give it a try for once?
    no

i was mostly referring to posts by someone making erroneous claims about that were particularly dumb

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenJack View Post
    How propriate and helpful of you to say
    you're welcome

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon Musk

c'mon!!!

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linus Torvalds is ILI in my opinion.

There's lots of material online so pretty easy to get insight into his thought processes. I watched a couple of hours of his talks and I see ILI

I agree that he gives an Gamma NT impression. I think the LIE (mis)typing comes from the fact that Linus is D subtype, so there is a sense of EJ.

His wife seems N subtype so that supports the D typing of him.

EDIT: (D=dominant, N=Normalizing)

There is also a slight SLI feeling about him. (All the Fi stuff etc) However, he is not SLI. That points to ILI.

But I think the most important thing is to actually sit down, open youtube, and hear him talk.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Linus Torvalds is ILI in my opinion.

There's lots of material online so pretty easy to get insight into his thought processes. I watched a couple of hours of his talks and I see ILI

I agree that he gives an Gamma NT impression. I think the LIE (mis)typing comes from the fact that Linus is D subtype, so there is a sense of EJ.

His wife seems N subtype so that supports the D typing of him.

EDIT: (D=dominant, N=Normalizing)

There is also a slight SLI feeling about him. (All the Fi stuff etc) However, he is not SLI. That points to ILI.

But I think the most important thing is to actually sit down, open youtube, and hear him talk.
    If you watched a couple hours of talks surely you can provide some observations that point to ILI?

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve jobs

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you watched a couple hours of talks surely you can provide some observations that point to ILI?
    No, I'm sorry I can't. I'm not that good at expressing my impressions. But if you'd watch a couple of hours of Linus, then afterwards I'd be glad to hear your opinion on his type.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I re-did my homework and watched some more of Linus on youtube. I think I was wrong in my ILI typing of him. I can see LIE now, Te and characterics of rational functional processing seems to be in the foreground. The "discriminating" property of rational functions is something I see in him.

I think I even was wrong in my subtyping of him. He seems N, not D.

To Alphamale I'd like to say that complex software development in the Linux community could be seem as similar to development of value and profit in a company. Not from a business perspective, but as processes. Could be something to think about. I'm not a tech guy though.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    No, I'm sorry I can't. I'm not that good at expressing my impressions. But if you'd watch a couple of hours of Linus, then afterwards I'd be glad to hear your opinion on his type.
    I already did. My impression is based on interviews plus his rather infamous emails that he sends out to linux contributors (which don't seem to have any kind of verbal filter unlike in his interviews).

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What about Mark Shuttleworth founder of Ubuntu
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I think John Carmack is LIE
    Yea it´s too bad that the computer guys like him are now out of fashion, now it´s all social and media bullcrap no more hacking out the nvdia to get the maximum imgs per second and pinging on your neighbor´s high speed connection to get that 5% more speed in quake 2. what a shame.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm also leaning towards ILI for Linus.
    He seems Ip.
    Keep it calm, works wearing just underwear, does not want to do new stuff (Ne ignoring).

I'm an egotistical bastard, and I name all my projects after myself. First Linux, now git.

I have an ego the size of a small planet, but I'm not _always_ right [...].

Nobody actually creates perfect code the first time around, except me. But there's only one of me.

I'm always right. This time I'm just even more right than usual.

Security people are often the black-and-white kind of people that I can't stand. I think the OpenBSD crowd is a bunch of masturbating monkeys, in that they make such a big deal about concentrating on security to the point where they pretty much admit that nothing else matters to them.

My name is Linus Torvalds and I am your god.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds
    base, PoLR IMHO

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may have mentioned this before, but John Carmack's relationship with John Romero seemed like Romero (EIE) was supervising his ass heavily and hitting Fe-PoLR, so that's why I think ILI-Te more than LIE.

ILI-Te also makes more sense given his programming ability and that he didn't really do the business side of id software (Contrast to Bill Gates, who didn't do much of the programming of dos and windows). ILI-Te can have pretty strong will and he did; he also mentioned how he had very little empathy and that's more common in ILI than in LIE.

Either way, he's definitely a Gamma NT, although I probably would've gotten along better with EIE John Romero, if the noises he and Tom Hall were said (in David Kushner's Masters of Doom) to have been making didn't bother me; I'm not all about work, work, work and I don't want to ever be.

It seems to me like ILE-Ti computer industry people aren't as well known, but were way less assertive than Gamma NT ones (the type of Mark Turmel and Dave Perry was probably ILE-Ti). I guess their Fe-valuing ultimately gives them better social skills and makes them more into social things than Gamma NTs.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Carmack could also be LSI-Se or ILE-Ti, but he seems dynamic and democratic and Se valuing, he seems gamma. The only reason I say LSI-Se is that he's always looked quite feminine beautiful and LIE doesn't really work for him because he's totally non-moralistic. LIEs vary a lot, I'm not sure which subtype it is that looks more feminine and the one with the deep scratchy voice. LIE are quite a mystery to me other than one or both subtypes hate it when people fart; I think it's the Ni subtype though but then my friend's dad was an LIE-Ni and was okay with it. EIE-Ni guys are dicks about women farting, LSI, SLE, and SLI guys usually like it when women fart unless it's a bad smelling kind... ESI-Se guys and their ILE-Ti conflictor guys probably wouldn't care one way or the other.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.