Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you feel around your benefactor?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so yes maybe people get into relationships with non-dual types at a young age, feeling drawn to them by passion or curiosity. And then maybe later some naturally move on to a dual who feels like a tamer, safer version of their exes.

Maybe duals, semi-duals, look-a-likes, super-ego do feel like the safer bet in the end, compared to whatever relationship comes before. Or people end up with mirror or activity because it feels misleadingly safe due to shared interests/feelings of friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Concerning your last few words, many IEIs seem to gravitate toward the image rather than the person so they often wake up with people with whom they easily get bored.

Ok but I’m sure some couples do break up because they feel too young to commit, even if the relationship is solid. I am wondering which ITR are the ones which are hard to start or don't last (maybe it’s the same question). I’m curious which ITR are the most common for marriage I guess. Even though I think I agree with your ordering for the strength of ITR. It would be interesting to know how it compares to the statistical reality of marriages or long term relationships. Or hear from anyone’s anecdotal evidence. Look-a-like partners seem more common than kindred for example. Maybe there are only a few ITR which truly stand out as the most common (look-a-likes, duals, activity, mirrors, super-ego, maybe semi-duals and supervision). I think it is common for kindred pairs to have some trust issues and semi-duals seem to be more attractive than illusionary from what I've read on here. But I agree that all of these ITR have a lot of potential. (Kindred, illusionary, semi-duals). I couldn't see myself with a IEE although I agree that a good one could be a decent partner. I'm just wondering if in reality, these types would often find a reason to separate after a while of being together.

And yes trying not to fall for the images atm. Although I did have to figure out how to spot a compatible subtype/lack of subtype to be able to do this. I think that’s helpful.

Regarding friendships, I became friends with people of same temperament in my teens, but didn’t become closer with them til a few years later. My closest friend in primary school was an LSI. I thought maybe the friendship was strong because of the thing you said before about children seeming to be unsettled on j/p temperament. So maybe in a way she was like an SLI. Although maybe the friendship simply worked well in a school context and we naturally clicked. Friendships certainly seemed easier as a child or young person, but maybe that was just me or like you say, the lack of having to work on something together/ make compromises. Still, I’m wondering if communication is easier at a young age (under 25) because your type isn’t settled, even simply in a superficial way. Also, I feel like I used to get on better with my little brother who is LSI when he was a kid

I probably do miss having close NF friendships if I’m honest. Generally, from my observations look-a-like, mirrors and quasi-identical seem the most common for adult friendships. As for mirrors, EIEs have the same fantastical sense of hopefulness as I do, for someone who’s had a rubbish past I think that can be a nice thing to share. Just this week I had a long convo with an EIE colleague. It was nice to forget the boring, depressing reality of life and indulge in talking about our dreams and pick apart our emotions in a way that felt quite cathartic. The EJ temperament felt nice too, because she doesn’t fixate on every little thing I say but also listens. She is really young though
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-21-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bethany LII advice will likely be useless to most IEIs and my observations are anecdotal. Semi-dual, identical and super-ego seem reasonably easy to start although there are so many factors other than type that can pair up individuals. I've witnessed IEI-IEI relationships where they sucked the life out of one another and SLI-SLI relationships that seem to be working out. You seem to be searching for the perfect someone and the bar seems on the high side. Even though I tend to be a perfectionist, I never looked for perfection in others; I also have never betrayed or left anyone but they have me - and there were many. Therefore, I'm not the one to ask for advice on personal relationships - my realm is working relationships, which is the period after the honeymoon phase.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 07-22-2021 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added a word: "the"

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rebelondeck

Nope I’m not looking for perfection. Last week I went on a dating app for the first time ever feeling open-minded and ‘ready’. The last year I’ve actually been ‘stalling’ putting myself out there, using the pandemic as an excuse but that’s not the real reason. The real reason is not pretty. In the mean time I’ve been exploring typology. Everything I’ve learnt has simply left me feeling ok about finding someone although the journey was insane. I’ve met people in the past who seemed ok/who I would have dated IF I hadn’t had problems. I’m not that bad at judging someone’s character lol. I’m not single because I’m fussy, I’m single because I let things like undiagnosed body dysmorphic disorder, OCD and anxiety rule my life.

And I like your posts about dating/relationship advice. I’ve never been able to ask people questions through fear of having to share my own stuff. And I am lacking in experience so I’ve found it useful reading your sensible pieces of advice. I really was just curious about what type of relationships are common or long lasting. Of course it’s hard to completely erase your knowledge of typology whilst looking for someone. Also I can’t simply have no standards, that’s not going to work either lol.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internally conflicted and somewhat inadequate.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    ....Nope I’m not looking for perfection...... I’m single because I let things like undiagnosed body dysmorphic disorder, OCD and anxiety rule my life.....Also I can’t simply have no standards, that’s not going to work either lol.
    It depends on for whom the standards are being set; setting high bars for oneself can be equally disappointing and cause anxiety. I know a truly gorgeous IEI who lives alone because of unrealistic expectations (and BTW also has OCD). An IEI's ability to read people and determine what they want is a double edged sword that can point outward or inward. I could perhaps "benefit" from IEI advice on people and I like their ability to put on a positive face, but I tend not to listen to those who don't have their own houses in order. IEIs can be their own worst enemy perhaps because chameleons may talk but won't often communicate.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides ESE, IEIs are the only ones I really consider as potential life partners, even knowing all the pitfalls of benefit relations. I have a lot of experience with my benefactors so I'm often willing to take the plunge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12