Thread: Socionics types and Music Preference

Threaded View

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm a big music person. Socionics got that right about SLEs at least. I don't care about music for its "artistic value" or "cultural significance" or who I am because I like the artist or other vague detached stuff, which no offense I feel like many people do but it could just be different tastes. I just like the melody, beat and sometimes lyric meanings. Lyrics should be direct and easy to understand or infer or not; those that have hard to relate to, intricate backstories are uninteresting to me. I feel a deep spiritual connection with the face value. I listen to a lot of different genres. Among my favourites are: trance/EDM/dubstep, house, rock, post-rock, lounge/bossa nova, jazz, rap/hip-hop/RnB, "world music", reggaeton/Latin American pop, eurodance, electropop, speed metal, etc, all in various languages. I like it loud.

for whatever reason I don't like human screaming like death metal but I like intense electronic/bass effects that otherwise seem "aggressive", and it's very cathartic to me e.g.

^ one of my favourite artists KSHMR blends a lot of these aggressive or "cruel" sounding beats with some benevolent ridiculousness in a way that seems really beta to me, I think he might be EIE. Anyway he has a video tutorial series for music and beatmaking and I think he's pretty hot.

I also think his sense of timing and progression is excellent as in this song:

I guess my music preferences sort of reflect on my worldview which is: words or not, tell a story, make it have some good rythmic visceral effect, have it be as loud, wild and free as it needs, and get to the point, have it accomplish something.
    Last edited by niffer; 03-23-2018 at 09:42 PM.