Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EIE/LSI Duality Thread (ISTj and ENFj)

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok I haven't read the whole thread, so hopefully i don't repeat anything....

I'm gonna use the theory... and the one that makes sense to me in terms of +/-

*I'm assmuing the below is an example me focusing on TI+ suggestive (suggestible to socionics rules) and NI+ creative (playing out a potential senario)*

Not that an EIE is always gonna be doing this..... but anyway......disclaimers......

LSI prefer to focus mainly on TI+ which is creating rules/organisation..... EIE prefer to focus mainly on FE- which is minimising negative emotion

Each are suggestible to, and will follow the guidance of each others main focus

Most people are not TI+ suggestive, so LSI will annoy a lot of people with their strict rules .... they also pay low attention to FE-, so will also not realise that they might be upsetting people, a lot of the time....

EIE know how to keep the peace, but are very unorganised.....

In a perfect senario, EIE is hired by an LSI, and works for them.... LSI creates the rules, and EIE follows them.... LSI is happy that EIE is following the rules, and takes a liking to them....EIE is happy that LSI makes everything clear for them, and they know exactly what to do.... (EIE likes this/them) EIE can prevent LSI peeing off too many people, with their FE- focus, and LSI can makes sure that EIE doesnt become too unorganised, or covers it off for them...

Maybe not that exciting sounding, but it would be a good start....

Feel free to critique....

Also an EIE may well use FE+ some of the time (maximisise positive emotion) but I don't think that they will feel the need to be doing it all the time.... or prioritise it over FE-

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another disclaimer..... if anyone tries to start disturbing the peace on here (claiming to be LSI), in order to get an EIE to save the day.... just saying, that everyone knows what an internet troll is, so it might not work..... also don't expect EIE to be 'captain save-a-troll'

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    ok I haven't read the whole thread, so hopefully i don't repeat anything....

I'm gonna use the theory... and the one that makes sense to me in terms of +/-

*I'm assmuing the below is an example me focusing on TI+ suggestive (suggestible to socionics rules) and NI+ creative (playing out a potential senario)*

Not that an EIE is always gonna be doing this..... but anyway......disclaimers......

LSI prefer to focus mainly on TI+ which is creating rules/organisation..... EIE prefer to focus mainly on FE- which is minimising negative emotion

Each are suggestible to, and will follow the guidance of each others main focus

Most people are not TI+ suggestive, so LSI will annoy a lot of people with their strict rules .... they also pay low attention to FE-, so will also not realise that they might be upsetting people, a lot of the time....

In a perfect senario, EIE is hired by an LSI, and works for them.... LSI creates the rules, and EIE follows them.... LSI is happy that EIE is following the rules, and takes a liking to them....EIE is happy that LSI makes everything clear for them, and they know exactly what to do.... (EIE likes this/them) EIE can prevent LSI peeing off too many people, with their FE- focus, and LSI can makes sure that EIE doesnt become too unorganised, or covers it off for them...

Maybe not that exciting sounding, but it would be a good start....

Feel free to critique....

Also an EIE may well use FE+ some of the time (maximisise positive emotion) but I don't think that they will feel the need to be doing it all the time.... or prioritise it over FE-

I know a married, male LSI who hired a gay male EIE to work for him. The LSI seems grumpy and unhappy most of the time, except when he's talking to the EIE. Then, he's happy.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    .....LSI prefer to focus mainly on TI+ which is creating rules/organisation.....

The EIEs than I've known were very organized and most relished creating structure out of chaos. They weren't as good good with the nitty-gritty of implementation and often needed a persnickety enforcer but they certainly knew where they were heading and generally how to get there. They're more peace-brokers while LSIs tend to be peacekeepers (maintainers of the status quo). LSIs didn't seem to like creating rules/organizations although I'm sure they can in a pinch but they're certainly able to thrive within them. Part of their duality is a common need for structure, each providing complementary aspects.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I know a married, male LSI who hired a gay male EIE to work for him. The LSI seems grumpy and unhappy most of the time, except when he's talking to the EIE. Then, he's happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The EIEs than I've known were very organized and most relished creating structure out of chaos. They weren't as good good with the nitty-gritty of implementation and often needed a persnickety enforcer but they certainly knew where they were heading and generally how to get there. They're more peace-brokers while LSIs tend to be peacekeepers (maintainers of the status quo). LSIs didn't seem to like creating rules/organizations although I'm sure they can in a pinch but they're certainly able to thrive within them. Part of their duality is a common need for structure, each providing complementary aspects.

a.k.a. I/O
    @Adam Strange, good to hear man! I may have been working with an LSI girl very briefly before lock down, but don't know how that would have panned out at close range, as I've been WFH ever since, and am in a new job now, so no interesting info from me unfortunately...

@Rebelondeck, Yeah it's a tough one... There are multiple interpretations of socionics/typology out there, and everyone is using a different version.... I might read an interpretation, and then further interpret it myself to mean that i'm 'EIE' and then someone else might say, " no look, you're SEI according to this" and then I'll have to agree with them, because it looks like it fits...

I guess the best you can do is pick an interpretation that looks good enough for you, and then see how it plays out in real life.... and if it works for you, then that's all you need....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They make a great match. I’m way too calm for anyone except LSE and SLI to be honest
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    o on this thread you can only post EIE and LSI duality because otherwise no one would care about us .
    EIE-LSI be like:

Before:
    EIE: "you're so amazing, I love you"
    LSI: "..."
    EIE: "say something nice"
    LSI: "no"

Later:
    LSI: "where you been bitch?"
    EIE "I was just talking to this person but I mentioned you .."
    LSI: "liar! I kill you!" *kills her

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is making me think betas belong in the garbage

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously though can an EIE or LSI describe a normal relationship that is relatable to normal human beings?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    Seriously though can an EIE or LSI describe a normal relationship that is relatable to normal human beings?
    Most EIE-LSI relationships are pretty normal. Sure, there's the undercurrent of possessiveness from both parties, but it's never usually so bad that it's problematic.

Take an LSI, just doing their thing. Filling their knowledge banks with information that could or could not be useful, absolutely enjoying spreadsheets or building things or just existing as they watch their favorite show or play their game. They like to tease other people by purposely saying things that are probably not socially appropriate just for the fun of the reaction. Suddenly....an EIE appears, and somehow, passion slowly enters the equation. LSI might say something completely inappropriate while the EIE hurriedly makes apologies as they try their best not to laugh and give the game away. EIE passionately rambles about the future or starts planning and LSI listens in a kind of quiet awe (or starts constructive criticism, which usually helps the EIE improve their vision to their relief).

LSIs are always the best people to go to for a crisis. For instance:

EIE: "OMG LSI I think my car is making weird noises. I think I messed it up somehow and it's been like two weeks and I'm not entirely sure WHAT I did. Help????"
    LSI: "Okay, check the dash for this light, do you see it?"
    EIE: "Yeah, I see it. What do I do? PLEASE tell me my car isn't going to explode or something, because could you imagine how much insurance I'd have to pay? (insert other rambling here) "
    LSI: "Calm down. Okay, we can fix it like this. Go to the dealership and tell them you want them to check on your car. They should be able to see the problem and fix it there. You might have to pay them though."
    EIE: "Oh, that's fine, I'd just rather not get blown up. So do I do that now?"
    LSI: "Yeah."
    EIE: "You're the best, you know that?"
    (transcribed from a real conversation between me and my LSI best friend)

LSIs have a gift for simplifying things into easy concepts, to the point where my best friend literally has a catchphrase ("so do") when I whinge about stuff too much. LSIs are steady and constant, and EIEs are forward planning and emotionally hyperaware. That's what a normal EIE/LSI relationship is tbh.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm an LSI-Ti, and I really can't stand EIE... I would never want a marriage with one. EIE-Ni are horrible, they bother me with their emotions, latching on, monopolizing convos (SLE-ti and I have good flow in conversation) and it just looks inelegant. EIE-Fe are better about emotions, they're more reasonable and practical, not nearly as manipulative, but they're kind of boring (not as boring as EIE-Ni though).

I also don't appreciate the EIE-Ni's smugness and narcissism. EIE-Fe can be that way too, but despite being smarter than EIE-Ni, they actually think people are dumb less than EIE-Ni do. EIE-Ni are wrong about just about everything and they ignore way too much necessary information (they're one of the types least likely to make decisions on facts), they don't listen to their duals. Some of them I'd like to fuck in the anus, but other than that...

Really, I enjoy other logical types (except LSI-Ti, LII-Ti, ILE-Ne, LSE, and SLE-Se), ESI-Se, IEI-Ni, and SEE-Se the most.

Really, I enjoy ILE-Ti and Gammas the best. Gammas piss me off the least by far and they're pretty interesting.

Sorry for being so redundant.

I could never have a marriage until i die with an SLE-Ti or an ILE-Ti though because of my appearance. And some SLE-ti are pretty narcissistic, they're pretty narcisstic if they grew up rich or poor. The ones that don't go on power trips and who don't act like intellectual snobs are awesome though.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123