Thread: Nutshell descriptions of the dichotomies- these accurate?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Nutshell descriptions of the dichotomies- these accurate?

A lot of the descriptions on these don't really do a job of outlining the main points so I decided to create my own simplified descriptions/interpretations of them. I don't really want to spend the time perfecting them (which must obviously be my result-ness showing) so I'll just ask you guys what you think is correct and what isn't.

Process/Result- When reading about these the main difference between these is that Result type's mental strategy is to beeline for the effective method available while consuming the least amount of effort necessary, while the process type's strategy is achieve perfection though slow and meticulous attention to detail. Result types thrive in environments without guarantees due to their flexibility, while Process types thrive in stable civil environments where success can only be achieved through constant diligence. The post of Result types will often be short and to the point while to the post of process types will be long and detailed, though this isn't always the case.

Aristocratic/Democratic- Aristocrats tend to identify themselves more with certain groups and judge others based upon the groups they belong to, while democrats judge others more based upon personal traits. I could see this as meaning Aristocrats are more likely to be heavily involved in politics/religion/sports, especially if they are also process types.

Judicious/Decisive- Pretty simple. Relaxed and go with flow versus tense and restless. I think temperaments play a larger role in this however rather then Si/Ne valuing vs Se/Ni valuing, with Ejs being the most decisive and Ips the most judicious.

Positive/Negative- Positivist are more aware potential benefit while negativist are more aware of potential flaws. Positivist focuses on acquiring more while negativist focuses on holding on to what they already have. So in a nutshell a negativist will be the one turning constantly down suggestions on where to eat for dinner while the positivist will be making all sorts of random suggestions to eat at places they've never been before.

Dynamic/Static- Might need help this in describing it in a simple straightforward way.

Merry/Serious- Merry types are the people at work who waste all their time playing pranks on each other and never doing anything while Serious types are the people who waste all their time bitching at the Merry types for not doing anything.

That's all I the patience I have to do for right now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Reinin's dichotomies are baseless. there are no correct ones

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic: "The only constant is change." Dynamic types experience life as a constantly changing mess and thus prepare themselves to adapt to anything that may come in their way.

Static: "One man in his time plays many parts." Static types go through "phases" in which they fixate on particular fields and thus only do what caters to their current fixation.

Speaking in blanket statements here.
    Last edited by ghost of forum past; 11-20-2016 at 03:35 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These basically correspond to the classical understanding of these dichotomies. Which is ok I guess unless you think the classical understanding is wrong.

Result types thrive in environments without guarantees due to their flexibility, while Process types thrive in stable civil environments where success can only be achieved through constant diligence.
    For example, can you see why this might not apply to ESIs and SEEs respectively? A lot of the classical semantics for the dichotomies don't really hold water IMO.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    A lot of the descriptions on these don't really do a job of outlining the main points so I decided to create my own simplified descriptions/interpretations of them. I don't really want to spend the time perfecting them (which must obviously be my result-ness showing) so I'll just ask you guys what you think is correct and what isn't.

Process/Result- When reading about these the main difference between these is that Result type's mental strategy is to beeline for the effective method available while consuming the least amount of effort necessary, while the process type's strategy is achieve perfection though slow and meticulous attention to detail. Result types thrive in environments without guarantees due to their flexibility, while Process types thrive in stable civil environments where success can only be achieved through constant diligence. The post of Result types will often be short and to the point while to the post of process types will be long and detailed, though this isn't always the case.

Aristocratic/Democratic- Aristocrats tend to identify themselves more with certain groups and judge others based upon the groups they belong to, while democrats judge others more based upon personal traits. I could see this as meaning Aristocrats are more likely to be heavily involved in politics/religion/sports, especially if they are also process types.

Judicious/Decisive- Pretty simple. Relaxed and go with flow versus tense and restless. I think temperaments play a larger role in this however rather then Si/Ne valuing vs Se/Ni valuing, with Ejs being the most decisive and Ips the most judicious.

Positive/Negative- Positivist are more aware potential benefit while negativist are more aware of potential flaws. Positivist focuses on acquiring more while negativist focuses on holding on to what they already have. So in a nutshell a negativist will be the one turning constantly down suggestions on where to eat for dinner while the positivist will be making all sorts of random suggestions to eat at places they've never been before.

Dynamic/Static- Might need help this in describing it in a simple straightforward way.

Merry/Serious- Merry types are the people at work who waste all their time playing pranks on each other and never doing anything while Serious types are the people who waste all their time bitching at the Merry types for not doing anything.

That's all I the patience I have to do for right now.
    According to those descriptions, I would be process, democratic, decisive, and negativist. Not sure about merry/serious.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Dynamic: "The only constant is change." Dynamic types experience life as a constantly changing mess and thus prepare themselves to adapt to anything that may come in their way.

Static: "One man in his time plays many parts." Static types go through "phases" in which they fixate on particular fields and thus only do what caters to their current fixation.

Speaking in blanket statements here.
    Hmmm, I kind of do and think both. I prefer to have things be stable but I know that's impossible and I would like to think I could adapt to whatever comes my way.
    I will also go through phases where I fixate on particular things. I don't only do what caters to that fixation but I can get rather blindsided and not aware enough of things happening outside that current area of interest.

I've read about static/dynamic dichotomy, and I do think I'm static overall and quite strongly go. Overall, I can be unaware of the little small changes until all of a sudden it's like one big 'jump' I see things more in terms of discrete stills rather than like a movie clip.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP