Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K-Pop Groups

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lucas from WayV: strikes me as a classic ESE. More on the Fe subtype side. there's this giant confident guy with the cheery personality of a puppy

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa is an IEI IMO. She pings as super IEI to me. Some mysterious gaze. The rest all rook same to me.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is relevant for anyone interested in the data.

A while ago I was assembling a celebrity self-type list, and was surprised to find out that a lot of K-pop groups have taken the MBTI test and published the results on their official channels.

This is what I gathered so far.

*= group leader

###########BTS
    Jin – INTP
    Suga – INFP
    J-Hope – ESFJ
    *Rap Monster – INFP
    Jimin – ENFJ
    V – ENFP
    Jungkook – INFP

##########DAY6
    *Sungjin - ENFJ
    Jae - INTP
    Young K - ENTP
    Wonpil - INFP
    Dowoon - ISFP

##########GOT7
    Mark - ISTJ
    Jackson- ENFJ
    Youngjae - ISFJ
    Yugyeom - INFP
    Jinyoung - ISFJ
    BamBam - ESTJ
    *JB - INFJ

###########SEVENTEEN
    INFP-A / INFP-T Type – *S.Coups, Jun, Hoshi, DK
    ENFP-A / ENFP – T Type – SeungKwan, Vernon
    INFJ-A / INFJ-T – WonWoo, Woozi, The8
    ENFJ – A / ENFJ – T Type – Joshua, MinGyu, Dino
    ISFJ-A / ISFJ-T Type – JeongHan

TIM
    3w4-8w7-7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy to find this since I love Kpop, but I see this tread has became sick and then died, so I'll try and revive it:

MAMAMOO:
    Hwasa> SEE-Fi
    Monbyul> SLE-Ti
    Solar> SEE-Se
    Wheein> EII-Fi

BLACKPINK:
    Jennie> LSI-Se
    Rosé> ESE-Si
    Lisa> SEE-Fi
    Jisoo> EII-Ne

MONSTA X:
    Jooheon> ESE-Fe
    Shownu> ESI-Fi
    I.M.> ILI-Te
    Hyungwon> ILE-Ne
    Minhyuk> ESE-Fi

STRAY KIDS:
    Felix> SLE-Se
    Chan> EIE-Fe
    Changbin> LSI-Ti
    Hyujin> ESI-Fi
    I.N.> SEE-Fi
    Minho> SLI-Te
    Han> ESE-Fi
    Seungmin> SEI-Fe

TOMORROW X TOGETHER:
    Hueningkai> IEE-Ne
    Soobin> SEI-Fe
    Yeojun> SEE-Fi
    Taehyun> SLI-Te
    Beomgyu> ESI-Fi

ITZY:
    Yeji> SEI-Fe
    Ryujin> LSI-Ti
    Lia> SLI-Te
    Chaeryeong> SEI-Si
    Yuna> SEE-SE

TIM
    3w4-8w7-7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    Can anyone help me type Jungkook from BTS? I have the other members nailed down but Jungkook seems almost impossible to type. I’m thinking so/sx 6w7. Definitely a sensing type and I know he’s introverted so I’m left with: LSI, SEI, ESI, SLI. I don’t know why he’s so difficult to type.
    Jungkook is my bias and I honestly don't understand why people mistype him left and right. I could be biased since he's my fave, but to me he's very transparent and straightforward. He's definitely a SEI-Fe 9w1-6w7-2w1 sx/sp.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s my bias too! He’s quite diligent and hardworking but also very likeable and knows how to let loose with his hyungs which is what led me to p6w7. 9w8 was also another type I considered. SEI was a type that didn’t immediately cross my mind I’ll admit, but I guess that’d explain his relationship with Tae and his playful relationship with Jin. sx/sp intrigues me though, what makes him a social blind over self preservation blind?
    I think he's so blind because while he's incredibly attached and loyal to Bangtan, he has never been one for socializing among idols like Tae, Jimin, Jin and Namjoon. For years he had literally just one friend in the business, and that only changed in the last 2 years. Even then his circle is small and other people reach out to him. He's also a homebody whom according to Namjoon spends a lot of time alone in his room while the others are together. Armies joke on Twitter about him and Yoongi both wearing only black, but aside from that being funny I also believe they're the odd ones out in the group. All the others are social butterflies, and then you have them. The last couple years Armies have been getting periodically surprised about both Yoongi and Kookie's friendships we never heard about. If other people don't post pics or mention them in interviews we would think they're loners. Kookie is also not very into projecting a certain image and along with Yoongi does the least V Lives and posts the least pictures. Yoongi posts more just because he has that type 3 vanity.
    Last edited by Cherry; 04-17-2020 at 04:37 AM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finished 2 days of BanBanCon so to celebrate I'll share my BTS Socionics+tritypes:

Jimin: SEE- Fi 2w1-6w7-9w8 sx/so
    Yoongi: ILI-Te 3w4-5w6-8w9 sp/sx
    Hoseok: ESE-Si 6w7-9w8-2w3 sp/sx
    Taehyun: IEE-Fi 4w3-9w8-7w6 sx/so
    Namjoon: IEI-Fe 4w3-5w4-9w8 so/sx
    Jin: SEI-Fe 9w8-7w6-2w3 so/sx
    Jungkook: SEI-Si 9w1-6w7-2w1 sx/sp

EDIT: decided to include their sociotypes
    Last edited by Cherry; 04-19-2020 at 05:54 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly agree but I think J hope is an so/sp 7w6 3w2 9w8 and Jin is an sp/so 2w1.

I also think Jimin is a sx 3w2. He’s very image conscious. He cares a great deal about his appearance and being a high achiever. He ties so much of his self esteem to whether or not he’s doing well, for example in burn the stage he broke down behind the scenes when he missed a high note. All idols care about performing well but I think it’s fair to say that not being good at what he does is a huge issue for him. Also a lot of people in the fandom accuse him of being attention seeking, in fact that’s one of the main criticism’s against him. He obviously does like to be the centre of attention but the fact that this is something that a lot of people have points more towards 3 than 2.
    Have you read The Wisdom of The Enneagram? Which books do you base your knowledge on? Hobi does not fit into any of the 7 subtypes. I also had him as a 7w6 until recently, but admittedly I had not taken the effort to read the whole chapter on 7. When I did I realized it didn't really fit, so I went and read the one on 6 and voilá, there he was.

Jin is absolutely not a core 2, it's quite clear when you contrast him with Jimin: Jin said on BV that he used other people to make himself happy, because making others laugh made him happy. He's as accommodating as any average SEI, but also has no qualms putting limits to people, for example him making it clear he didn't want anyone on his room during the Bring The soul docu series. His response to the fight with Tae in Burn The Stage: he hates negative emotions and conflict, and will accomodate others to his own detriment. He said he chose to imitate a praying mantis during the Japanese barbecue show because he knew it'd be too difficult to the others to do it. He also said on one of their Memories of 2018 DVD that he thought the others didn't take his anger seriously because he was so nice. During his talk with Tae post the fight he said he'd like if they could remember he also has limits. Before that he reiterated he never wanted to remind them of his age because he didn't want them not to approach him freely. He frequently goes against management and being chaotic with his hair: a small rebellion that shows how stubborn he can be. Jin wants to acommodate, not serve. He's aware of how making others happy comes from a selfish place: no type 2 would do that because it goes against their biggest shame: showing that they have needs of their own. This is literally written on all type 2 chapters on Enneagram books.

Nothing you said about Jimin is a type 3 thing. Of course he's image conscious because 1) He's an IDOL, lol 2) He's an image type. He has a 1 wing: if you know your Enneagram than you know it's a competence type. Not to mention he has a Te Hidden Agenda exactly like Tae: did you forget the times Tae broke down in tears on stage because he couldn't really sing, even though he was sick on a couple of them? Or how Yoongi wrote that Tae was always focusing on his flaws and on what he lacks and asked him to be more confident on himself? Or Namjoon's many logs where he explicitly says he lacks in everything, how far from his ideal he is, his message on WeVerse yesterday saying he needs to lose weight, and the fact that he's favorite compliment to receive is "You lost weight"? What about Jin insisting to this day that he lacks compared to the others and have to work really hard to catch up to them? Or Jungkook calling himself lazy when all the other guys were baffled and said he was always working on improving? The same Jungkook that cried both on and off stage because he thought his performance was not good?

Now tell me: why is Jimin a 3, and the others aren't? Why is he so different from Yoongi then? Sexual 3s are described as wanting to compete on the romantic/sexual arena above anything, and to try really hard to fit the image of the sex symbol of their culture. When did Jimin try to fit Kore's standards fro an attractive male? The last time was in what, 2015? And that's pushing it.

When Bangtan opens up about their struggles, like for example during Burn The Stage, Bring The Soul and the 2018 Festa special Yoongi always talks about his fear of failure and status change, his ambitions, their milestones. What does Jimin never shuts up about? Oh yeah, other people. Most of what Jimin exposes in terms of angst or worries are about the other guys: how was so worried about one of them being down he got drunk and cried about it to their dancers; how this other one was going through a hard time, asking the others to show appreciation and gratefulness to Namjoon, showering Hobi, Jin and Jungkook with compliments. It's him hurt lying on a stretcher but still looking deeply concerned with Namjoon who was in the same situation. I'm not even gonna touch on his relationship with Tae because that's unnecessary and would take a whole page, suffice to remember how jealous and clingy he is, and how he will whine for attention. Or his behaviour at the last BV: none of the other guys are nearly as willfully helpful or keep constant tabs on each other's emotional states like the does. And we're talkin about a group were Yoongi said he couldn't pick the most considerate. It's like Jimin has this alarm that goes off whenever anyone is feeling uncomfortable, I'm very surprised you didn't comment on it since it's one of the top narratives about him in the fandom.

But the biggest giveaway is this: is Jimin detached from his feelings? Can you give me evidence of him being very objective and pragmatic with people? How does Jimin acts when he is feeling bad:like a 9 or a 4? When he was asked about his resolution for 2020 he said: "Become a better dancer for the team".

Also: I'm a 3w4, and I relate to Yoongi a whole lot. Jimin? Not at all.
    Last edited by Cherry; 04-22-2020 at 04:47 AM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    LMAO, thanks for letting me know you're a waste of time. Your eloquence it's admireble.

And Mr @Adam Strange, I didn't know you were an Army! Tell me, when did you start following kpop?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    LMAO, thanks for letting me know you're a waste of time. Your eloquence it's admireble.

And Mr @Adam Strange, I didn't know you were an Army! Tell me, when did you start following kpop?
    I have never seen kpop, much less followed it. There have been some people on this forum who like it and have posted pictures of kpop stars, but the whole genre seems uninteresting to me. It seems like it might appeal to 13 yo female Fe-users, which I am not.
    No offense meant, that’s just my impression.

Why do you think I’m an Army? I have been compared to the 82nd Airborne before, but I doubt that’s what you meant.

*EDIT*
    Maybe this had something to do with me “liking” @cookie123’s one word response to your wall of text? I “liked” it because there isn’t a “Lol” button. It seemed a powerful illustration of the fact that you two are very different.

When I read it, it seemed very succinct, and I was reminded of the short story that Hemingway was supposed to have written on a bet; “For sale: Baby shoes, never worn.”
    Six words. An entire story. But cookie123 has him beat.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-23-2020 at 11:15 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NCT Dream had a comeback today and I noticed they're increasingly shifting to concepts

contrast to how they started out back then (2016) in alpha quadra:

interesting progression

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll type Itzy members based on videos i watch from them & i've been into them since latest comeback.

Yeji-ESI-Fi_9w1/6w7/3w2 The Mediator so/sp
    Lia-IEE-Fi_4w3/7w6/9w8 The Gentle Spirit sx/so
    Ryujin-LSI-Ti_8w9/5w4/3w2/ The Solution Master sp/sx
    Chaeryeong-SEI-Si_cp6w7/8w9/2w1 The Rescuer sp/so
    Yuna-SEE-Se_7w6/3w2/9w8 The Ambassador so/sx
    Last edited by Onsiedosie; 05-17-2020 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll type Twice members too since i've been with them 2o16

Nayeon-SEE se 3w2/7w6/8w7 THE MOVER SHAKER so/sp
    Jeongyeon-SLE se 8w9/2w1/7w8 THE FREE SPIRIT so/sx
    Momo-ESI fi 9w1/2w3/6w7 THE GOOD SAMARITAN so/sx
    Sana-IEE ne 2w3/9w8/7w6 THE PEACEMAKER so/sx
    Jihyo-LSE si cp6w7/3w2/8w7 THE JUSTICE FIGHTER/DEBATER sp/so
    Mina-SEI si p6w5/2w1/9w1 THE GOOD SAMARITAN sp/so
    Dahyun-ILE ti 7w6/9w1/3w2 THE AMBASSADOR so/sp
    Chaeyoung-EII fi 4w5/9w8/7w8 THE GENTLE SPIRIT sp/sx
    Tzuyu-SLI si cp6w7/8w9/2w1 THE RESCUER sp'/so
    Last edited by Onsiedosie; 05-17-2020 at 02:23 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jennie from Blackpink is as ESI as you can get. Probably ESI-Fi.

@one Don't you think Jimin is pretty victimy? I just don't see the 4D Se. Stage charisma is all Fe. I always pegged him as EIE.

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Edit: I even tested it. This is super minor but on an interview he was asked to pick preferences on his hair (there were two pictures shown every time and he had to choose between them). I paused the video before he answered every time and guess what I chose all the options he didn't choose. lol this is super minor but I just know. Daul
    LOL. Can you link the video? I wanna see if my answers would match up with his or not.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    Jennie> LSI-Se
    Rosé> ESE-Si
    Lisa> SEE-Fi
    Jisoo> EII-Ne
    I came up with the same typings except for Lisa, who seems ESE too. Considered ILI for Jisoo or even maaayyyybe LII becuase of her sense of humor but for now I think EII fits.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could accept ESI for BP Jennie.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickelslick View Post
    I came up with the same typings except for Lisa, who seems ESE too. Considered ILI for Jisoo or even maaayyyybe LII becuase of her sense of humor but for now I think EII fits.
    i have a hard time seeing eii for Jisoo, i think i would likely agree with lii or ile first. rose doesn't give me fe-dom either tbh, i could agree with the rest.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I guess this is relevant for anyone interested in the data.

A while ago I was assembling a celebrity self-type list, and was surprised to find out that a lot of K-pop groups have taken the MBTI test and published the results on their official channels.

This is what I gathered so far.

*= group leader

###########BTS
    Jin – INTP
    Suga – INFP
    J-Hope – ESFJ
    *Rap Monster – INFP
    Jimin – ENFJ
    V – ENFP
    Jungkook – INFP

##########DAY6
    *Sungjin - ENFJ
    Jae - INTP
    Young K - ENTP
    Wonpil - INFP
    Dowoon - ISFP

##########GOT7
    Mark - ISTJ
    Jackson- ENFJ
    Youngjae - ISFJ
    Yugyeom - INFP
    Jinyoung - ISFJ
    BamBam - ESTJ
    *JB - INFJ

###########SEVENTEEN
    INFP-A / INFP-T Type – *S.Coups, Jun, Hoshi, DK
    ENFP-A / ENFP – T Type – SeungKwan, Vernon
    INFJ-A / INFJ-T – WonWoo, Woozi, The8
    ENFJ – A / ENFJ – T Type – Joshua, MinGyu, Dino
    ISFJ-A / ISFJ-T Type – JeongHan
    This website seems to have a lot of MBTI self-typings for famous South Koreans: https://www.koreaboo.com/#search
    https://www.koreaboo.com/#search

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blink here:

Jennie : ESI-Fi
    Chichu : SEI-Si
    Lisa: (Se type) SEE
    Rose: IEE

Their solo's are supposed to represent them in a way. As of April, all for members had their solo singles. I didnt type them according to their solos but they match with my typings as well.

Jennie

Rose

Lisa

Jisoo

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idol View Post
    Blink here:

Jennie : ESI-Fi
    Chichu : SEI-Si
    Lisa: (Se type) SEE
    Rose: IEE

Their solo's are supposed to represent them in a way. As of April, all for members had their solo singles. I didnt type them according to their solos but they match with my typings as well.

Jennie

Rose

Lisa

Jisoo

Agree with your typing on only Jennie, and maybe Lisa

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you type others then ? @loopyclouds

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you type others then ? @loopyclouds
    Jisoo - ILE or LII, she has high Ne, and somewhat poorer control over her body movement than the others when dancing/moving around. She/her disposition also reminds me of Jin from BTS
    Rose - not too sure on her type, maybe Si ego, and likely introverted feeler, IXFX

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    Jisoo - ILE or LII, she has high Ne, and somewhat poorer control over her body movement than the others when dancing/moving around. She/her disposition also reminds me of Jin from BTS
    Rose - not too sure on her type, maybe Si ego, and likely introverted feeler, IXFX
    I can understand why someone would think alpha NT for Jisoo. With her lazy attitude and sense of fashion overall i think, she is more Si-Ixxp and that is SEI in alpha.

I can also discuss ESE for Lisa. She is very expressive.

Did you watch the documentry on netflix btw? BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you watch the documentry on netflix btw? BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky
    Yep, I've watched all their shows/docus, eg. Blackpink House, 24/365 etc

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite group is WJSN. I haven't been in touch with their stuff lately but here's my typings based on what I remember:

Exy: ESE
    Seola: EII
    Bona: ESI
    Soobin: IEE
    Luda: SEI (However I think she could be a T type but I don't know any that fits.)
    Dawon: SLI
    Eunseo: EIE
    Yeoreum: SEI
    Dayoung: SEE
    Yeonjung: no idea but her vocals are insane. Maybe SLE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

reviving this one! i've seen a TXT typing like this elsewhere.

yeonjun - SEE
    beomgyu - IEI
    huening kai - ESE
    taehyun - LSI
    soobin - SEI

realistic or off?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yeonjun - mb ISTJ

"K-poop would be good if the fanbase was somewhat decent."
    Alike a football team would got a better opinion with other fans.

cheap mass product

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    reviving this one! i've seen a TXT typing like this elsewhere.

yeonjun - SEE
    beomgyu - IEI
    huening kai - ESE
    taehyun - LSI
    soobin - SEI

realistic or off?
    Pretty good except for Huening Kai who's IEE and Beomgyu who definitely isn't Ni ego.

Blackpink: just watched Jisoo's latest MBTI video and Rosé has loads of Ne and is more aggressively extroverted than I thought. Jisoo insists she's super asocial but to a 'thou protest too much' point.

Jennie--ESI-Fi 9w8 Sp/Sx
    Jisoo--ILE-Ti 9w8 Sp/So
    Rosé--ESE-Fe 3w2 So
    Lisa--SEE 7w6 Sx
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 08-27-2023 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aespa:

Karina - EIE
    Ninning - ESE
    Giselle - SEE
    Winter - LSI

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aespa:

Karina - EIE
    Ninning - ESE
    Giselle - SEE
    Winter - LSI
    Agree with all but NingNing, ain't no way she's a Rational type, she's so chaotic and hates rules. IEE seems the most probable type since she's definitely has Ne.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySavage View Post
    Agree with all but NingNing, ain't no way she's a Rational type, she's so chaotic and hates rules. IEE seems the most probable type since she's definitely has Ne.
    Yeah, she is Ne type and a F type but she seemed to have more of a childlike curiosity than Deltas.

I’m obsessed with them only a few weeks so i may update my typings with time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12