Thread: Enneagram Type 2 thread

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Oh so the "traditionalist perfectionist" version of 2?
    yeah i guess. everything has to be in order all the time. and once she comes home she always complain about someone at work.. but when she actually talks to people shes overly positive and warm and kind of histrionic. she also expects people to be bad, like once she forgot her scarf or something in a store and she was dead certain that someone mustve stolen it. then she went there and was very surprised that no one had stolen it haha. (6 fix)

she wouldnt do that exact holiday decor haha but every holiday she over-decorates so it looks a little silly. and she has so many unneccesary plants outside. its too much. i think they do it to show that "youre welcome" or something. same with texts .... omg. she sends like a thousand hearts and emojis.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2w3

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2w3 Sp/Sx

Lyrics

My pussy taste like Pepsi-Cola,
    My eyes are wide like cherry pies.
    I gots a taste for men who're older
    It's always been, so it's no surprise.

Ah, he's in the sky with diamonds and he's making me crazy (I come alive, alive)
    All he wants to do is party with his pretty baby.

Come on, baby, let's ride
    We can escape to the great sunshine.
    I know your wife, that she wouldn't mind
    We made it out to the other side [3x]
    Come on, come on
    Come on, come on
    Come on, baby.

I fall asleep in an American flag
    I wear my diamonds on skid row
    I pledge allegiance to my dad
    For teaching me everything he knows

Ah, he's in the sky with diamonds and he's making me crazy (I come alive, alive))
    All he wants to do is party with his pretty baby

Come on, baby, let's ride,
    We can escape to the great sunshine.
    We made it out to the other side [3x]

Drugs suck it up
    Like vanilla icies
    Don't treat me rough,
    Treat me really niceys
    Decorate my neck
    Diamantes ices
    Why, come on, come on
    Ooh, ooh, ooh,
    Ooh, yeah

Come on baby, let's ride
    We can escape to the great sunshine
    We made it out to the other side

Come on baby, let's ride
    We can escape to the great sunshine

Come on, come on
    Come on, baby
    Come on, come on
    Come on, baby

Whoa ah
    My pussy taste like Pepsi-Cola
    Oh... ah
    Oh....
    Oh... whoa...yeah

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

2w1 so/sx, on her MBTI type

2w3 so/sp - Cassie Jaye

Last edited by silke; 07-03-2018 at 06:48 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEE-Se 2w3

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

on that connection that 2's have with 8's

Tonight, I received a reminder from my best friend. Originally, I wrote a long post giving backstory and context for the text, but ultimately decided I didn’t want to go into that much identifying detail. I don’t want to betray her confidence by posting too much here.

Basically, my 8w9 best friend was worried that I would be putting myself in a compromising social situation with someone who has made unwanted advances. I was invited to go to a party with him and others. I wanted to go mainly because I’m bored and feeling isolated from my usual social circles. I knew I would have to guard myself in several ways (stay sober, have my own transportation to and from the event, etc.) but I felt prepared and felt the pros outweighed the cons.

I told her about my plans. I picked up on her disapproval. I decided to cancel my plans to go. After awhile, I checked back in with her and we texted back and forth. Ultimately, she said,

“I just want you to know that you don’t have to make compromises or sacrifices to feel connected to others. And this situation, sounds like that’s exactly what you’re doing.”

This is so important for twos to hear. I totally get her concern for me. I have been guilty of putting others’ needs before my own or ignoring my needs altogether. In this situation, I’m still milling over whether I was compromising or sacrificing. I don’t believe I was. I enjoy the company of who I’d go to the party with. But they have issues I have to be mindful of.

I was struck by how quickly I dissolved my plans when greeted with disapproval from someone I admire so much. I know it was the right call, but I have to be conscientious of doing things because I want to do them. Not because I want approval or to avoid disapproval.

As an 8, she doesn’t want anyone to take advantage of me. She eventually said, “I trust you, I don’t trust others. If you feel like you can handle it then you should go. I’m just being an overprotective asshole. I should trust that you can take care of yourself.”

I thought this was an interesting situation that 2s and 8s could relate to. Personally, 8s have been some of my favorite people and I think the relationships between 2s and 8s are mutually beneficial.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

2w1 sp/so (ESE?) - Christine Blasey Ford

Naranjo SP-2 - More childlike than the other two subtypes. There is inherent cuteness, less adult. "Infantile" by psychoanaytic standards. "ME" is the most important, in a child like way, a child-like importance. Wants to be loved just for being. Their needs for love is quite naked. They use remaining little for gain. Pretend to be unadulterated.

The Preservation 2 again is very different. It's more child-like. It's seduction again but it's more the seduction of a child in the presence of grown-ups, the seduction of the father, the seduction of the mother. A child is more cute, so this is a kind of cute 2. They don't look so adult ... Social 2 seems over-adult, over-ripe ... and the Sexual 2 feel like, Carmen - you know that character? [www.youtube.com/watch?v=djsuP0uta7s] Like a force of nature, wildness. But preservation 2 is like cute. We don't have time for more literal explanations ... of course, it is possible to illustrate everything through the movies ... but let me stick to the central issue here. This character was called by the psychoanalysts "infantile". Ichazo used the word expression "me - the most important". I misunderstood that for a long time. I thought it was a Napoleonic gesture: "I am the most important!" (thumps chest) - the desire for importance of an ambitious person. In the end, I came to understand that it's a child-like importance. A child wants to be loved, not for this and not for that - just because. Loved only for being, or for being who he or she is. What is prominent here is a love need. There's a naked love need. Not going through the sexualization of seduction or going through self-importance and building up yourself. There is some use in remaining little. Why would a person have a need to remain childish, to act childish? Of course there are advantages. Children are more liked than grown-ups. As we grow up, we lose points. They deserve the nicest, they haven't been contaminated so much yet. So we can pretend we are still that

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

so I was off typing this song as a 9 ... it's sp-last 2

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

So my type 2 ESE-Si mom said yesterday to me: "your new profile picture is so cute. i already saved it"
    and then i said "now i am gonna change it" (as a semi joke) and she was like "oh no, why" haha

that awkward moment when your mom stalks you online

sometimes she makes her profile pic a pic of me...

as a gift, she gave me an old profile pic as a canvas before haha like wtf it's in my room now...

she's a walking stereotype of (average to unhealthy) 2w3 hah.
    your biggest cheerleader but zero sense of personal boundaries

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    So my type 2 ESE-Si mom said yesterday to me: "your new profile picture is so cute. i already saved it"
    and then i said "now i am gonna change it" (as a semi joke) and she was like "oh no, why" haha

that awkward moment when your mom stalks you online

as a gift, she gave me an old profile pic as a canvas before haha like wtf it's in my room now...

she's a walking stereotype of (average to unhealthy) 2w3 hah.
    your biggest cheerleader but zero sense of personal boundaries
    Isn't she going to read this lol.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Isn't she going to read this lol.
    Thankfully she only stalks me on WhatsApp now (and in the past on Facebook, but not anymore) haha

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post

wtf

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

disintegration?

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    disintegration?

whose?

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    whose?
    the lyrics ... is that type 2 under stress? (moving to 8) or just an outside perspective advising 2s to deal in such a way with relationship problems.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    the lyrics ... is that type 2 under stress? (moving to 8) or just an outside perspective advising 2s to deal in such a way with relationship problems.
    I'm guessing that is her subtype and that she's an 8-ish 2, while some other 2 will have a 4 subtype (like Lana Del Ray is a 4-ish 2). The whole idea that a type disintegrates under stress into disintegration type, or integrates into integration type, is kind of bogus. It is health levels that matter, where one could go up or down, while integration-disintegration represents horizontal movement. So if someone is a 4-ish 2 but they are at low health level, they'll be expressing whatever low health level characteristics of both 4 & 2. There were a few discussions about this on other enneagram forums, where I remember a type 4 guy noticing that whenever he seemingly integrates to type 1 he would be expressing low health level characteristics of type 1, even though that was his integration type. Basically, the way they called these other two points in enneagram community, "integration" and "disintegration", is misleading, so an 8-ish 2 isn't necessarily disintegrated in the literal meaning of this word.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi 2w3

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi 2w3

@silke, Hot babe. The boyfriend looks like LIE-Ni Richard Feynman, and the mother looks like an EII.

I have a thing for ESI-Se's*, and the woman in this video looks fantastic and fun, but just a bit over the top for my taste. Like she would be great to hang out with once in a while, but too much for a steady diet.

Guess I have to stick with Duals.

*ESI-Fi -> ESI-Se -> SEE-Fi -> SEE-Se, as you know.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richard Feynman isn't LIE-. LIE- has a particular type of otherworldly vibe... that resembles Sasuke from Naruto or Faith from Mirror's Edge. Yukio Mishima is an LIE-. He and Jack London are the two prototypes for LIE used by Eastern European socionists, that's how typical they are. And notice the smooth, almost robotic movements of Yukio. It's identical to the smooth, robotic movements of LII... except it's not.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing that is her subtype and that she's an 8-ish 2, while some other 2 will have a 4 subtype (like Lana Del Ray is a 4-ish 2). The whole idea that a type disintegrates under stress into disintegration type, or integrates into integration type, is kind of bogus. It is health levels that matter, where one could go up or down, while integration-disintegration represents horizontal movement. So if someone is a 4-ish 2 but they are at low health level, they'll be expressing whatever low health level characteristics of both 4 & 2. There were a few discussions about this on other enneagram forums, where I remember a type 4 guy noticing that whenever he seemingly integrates to type 1 he would be expressing low health level characteristics of type 1, even though that was his integration type. Basically, the way they called these other two points in enneagram community, "integration" and "disintegration", is misleading, so an 8-ish 2 isn't necessarily disintegrated in the literal meaning of this word.
    That explanation is very interesting. So, you say this disintegration/integration axis is more a matter of subtypes? But would they be fixed or also prone to change according to life circumstances? I definitely have seen people who employ both strategies (disintegration & integration) randomly without necessarily leaning towards one, and people who very clearly go towards the integration type, for example.

In the resources I've found online about enneagram, they emphasise this disintegration/integration process as a path to growth so much, with a lot of people who apparently clearly identify with it in their own life. When I tried to look at it in my life and the people I'm in contact with, I thought that some people with very clear-cut enneagram types who go towards integration seem to be very self-defeating & neurotic in their behaviour (just adding problems instead of solving them) and so-called disintegration which doesn't look so bad as described, more like "taking a break" or something. So, I already wondered whether you can integrate/disintegrate in the other direction. But that doesn't really seem to be supported by the stuff I've read online, and my understanding of enneagram is still inconsistent. So, your explanation is actually the best so far, and probably also ends my confusion about this matter

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NI6aOFI7hms

2w1 EIE I think Ni subtype?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NI6aOFI7hms

2w1 EIE I think Ni subtype?
    I had no idea this song was from the 90s even though it sounds exactly like it is but that’s one of my guilty pleasure songs. Very guilty. Shhh.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    I had no idea this song was from the 90s even though it sounds exactly like it is but that’s one of my guilty pleasure songs. Very guilty. Shhh.
    Yeah its a very type 2 song sung by one aswel i think. My ESE type 2w3 mom likes this one also i know it from her.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I would give that a 9 typing. It's all very "down to earth" as it were, relaxed and quiet, as well as providing the comforts of simple life and family.

The Prideful character tends to display more outward joy and, well, pride. They display more chutzpah.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I would give that a 9 typing. It's all very "down to earth" as it were, relaxed and quiet, as well as providing the comforts of simple life and family.

The Prideful character tends to display more outward joy and, well, pride. They display more chutzpah.
    oh, you mean like Lana del Rey?

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    oh, you mean like Lana del Rey?
    Exactly. Pride. Chutzpah.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Exactly. Pride. Chutzpah.
    I dont understand what "chutzpah" is even though I tried googling it. I was being sarcastic with the Lana del Rey suggestion since she is the furthest from 'joy and pride'.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)