Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
The heart triad is like that in general, the person-to-person/solitary thing can be found in 3 and 4 as well. Enneagram 2 to 4 is one's identity, 5-7 is oneself within the group, 8-1 is one's independent position in society.
Well it's interesting, because 2s and 6s are typically the "helper" types, but they go about it differently.

I'd suppose the Heart triad ultimately think that they can rely on "love" of others. 2 is the most obvious, 3s think that they can rely on the respect and admiration from others, and 4s play the victim because they think that they will be "rescued" (loved).

The Head triad have to rely on something more concrete for protection. 5s think that knowledge will offer them protection. 6s can't rely on themselves, so they must rely on something strong, like authorities or organizations. I'd suppose 7s have no security issues, but they didn't feel that they got or could get what they wanted?

As a 4, I often wondered why 4s had to be "unique". I'm thinking that it has to do with their fear of being overlooked. If only they were unique enough, then they would not be looked over of their love. If they were not special or unique, then they might not receive the love that they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
The opposite of 6 is 6. 6 are polar opposites.
Well ultimately, I think 6s will have to rely on something, whether it be someone, an authority, ideologies or organizations.

Basically someone like Trump is a magnet for 6s.