View Poll Results: what type is Elon Musk?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

15 18.99%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 3.80%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.27%
  • LSI (ISTj)

17 21.52%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.27%
  • ILI (INTp)

8 10.13%
  • LIE (ENTj)

35 44.30%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I don't really see a point in this discussion anymore. Gulenko says

The basic scale of The Big 5 can relate to socionics, as there are a lot of similiarities. The first factor is extroversion, which correlates to socionics extroversion. It is the first noticeable, “on the surface” trait. The second factor is openness, which is when a person is open to new things, which correlates to socionics intuition. The third factor is conscientiousness, which relates to socionics rationality. The fourth factor is agreeableness, which means that you will agree with society’s standards, which correlates with socionics ethics, especially ethics of relationships, which is introverted feeling.

https://wikisocion.github.io/content/gulenko_interview.html?highlight=gulenko%20intervi ew

Insisting that Musk has a type with low openess is beyond my comprehension
    I think we should skip all this and go to the part where your future self selects a new nick so as not be associated with this that you're posting and what you're going to. I think ‘BornAgain’ is a good option, a homage to ‘Alive’ There is one celebrity that I can think of that moved to Japan at an early age, became a Buddhist and an acupuncturist, a musician and an animal rights activist. Must score pretty passable on openness. And who could it be? Regardless of Musk, I don't view LSIs as low on openness when it comes to learning, entertaining concepts and knowledge for the sake of it (Ti valuing). Maybe once they choose a path they are less willing to stray from it, but shy about the world and ideas they're not.

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand by the things I write here. I'm pretty positive that new people who come here will recognize why the intuitive typing for Musk makes sense, while other people will cling to their perception like the normalizing subtypes they are.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand by the things I write here. I'm pretty positive that new people who come here will recognize why the intuitive typing for Musk makes sense, while other people will cling to their perception like the normalizing subtypes they are.
    For the last MF time, I am NOT new to Socionics. This ACCOUNT is new. I've been into Socionics since 2016-2017.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty positive that new people who come here will recognize why the intuitive typing for Musk makes sense.
    And since it comes from you and your 'true understanding' of Socionics, let's let them see you grapple to put a maybe contrary to theory description of type and duality.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodness, I never imagined just how damaging Gulenko's subtypes have turned out to be for people's understanding of the types.
    Jack Oliver Aaron (ILE)
    Founder of the World Socionics Society

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by World Socionics View Post
    Goodness, I never imagined just how damaging Gulenko's subtypes have turned out to be for people's understanding of the types.
    Ah, hello Jack

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there!
    Jack Oliver Aaron (ILE)
    Founder of the World Socionics Society

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So everyone agrees that Elon is LSI at this point, correct? Good. We are identical, I'm pretty sure he's of Harmonizing subtype too.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO ILE

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It slowly dawned on me that he might be EIE-Ni. I also think he might be the antichrist.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE or ILE.
    Just my opinion, but him being typed LSI sounds... weird. Elon being supervisee by ILE It's not realistic, nor him being Ne PolR.

Elon would seek novelty, LSI seeks no risk. The entire Elon's career is builded on risk. He sold companies that already went very well to gain money for new projects.

About his ideas being "not new", I don't think Ne's seeking possibilities has to be read that way. He founded SpaceX, entering the space business, a thing which was nearly impossible to do for a private company without the great help of States. He managed to lower the price of rockets tools and pieces a lot (and so, the price of rockets production). IMO he doesn't like conventional methods to do things, and basically creates new rules and structures in companies and markets. Why not creative Ti or just Te-Ni? LIE and ILE seems the best options avaible.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could this be indicative of Fi PoLR? I think ILE makes more sense.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Possibly. But it's also kind of stupid to give Alex Jones more attention. The guy deliberately makes stuff up and sells snake oil to his suspecting audience. I don't think you have to be Ti-valuing to not like him, but maybe I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dahomey View Post
    Could this be indicative of Fi PoLR? I think ILE makes more sense.

How would this indicate Fi polr?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was typed ILE by the majority here: http://dm.sakinorva.net/view?id=1097

I began to think ILE for him when I typed his chinese doppelganger, who I could see easier that is ILE-Ne.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's ILE too. The whole twiter episode has shown that side of him, the "Freedom of speech protector" establishing his own rules over twitter but also allowing himself to not being stickly obliged by them ; He said that everyone should be able to express their opinion freely in twitter but yet he didn't want to restore Alex Jones twitter account and he wants to restore that od Donald Trump. I wonder if he's aware that Trump and Jones are kinda "friends". So he takes some liberties with his own rules and is rather strict with some overall ideologies. This sounds like Ti creative to me. Time will tell us if his notion of Freedom of speech and "universal" inclusion is not biased by his world view but I bet that a lot of followers of some lefty Ideas of the zeitgeist will soon get themselves out of twitter if not being kicked out of it !

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Te PolR, quite uneconomical, makes purchases on a whim.

https://youtu.be/-4oAxpvSnhY

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    He belongs to the pragmatists club... I agree with LSI-Se, I can't see him at all as Ni creative or an intuitive.
    Not a pragmatist imo. He's 100% image-oriented, while people who aren't him are the ones actually accomplishing things. If I wanted an electric car I wouldn't buy a Tesla and I don't expect him to ever get to Mars. He's more than happy to have trashy superhero movies based on him, though (the character of Tony Stark was literally based on him.)

Well, a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a billionaire so it's not like it's hard lmao.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I think he's ILE too. The whole twiter episode has shown that side of him, the "Freedom of speech protector" establishing his own rules over twitter but also allowing himself to not being stickly obliged by them ; He said that everyone should be able to express their opinion freely in twitter but yet he didn't want to restore Alex Jones twitter account and he wants to restore that od Donald Trump. I wonder if he's aware that Trump and Jones are kinda "friends". So he takes some liberties with his own rules and is rather strict with some overall ideologies. This sounds like Ti creative to me. Time will tell us if his notion of Freedom of speech and "universal" inclusion is not biased by his world view but I bet that a lot of followers of some lefty Ideas of the zeitgeist will soon get themselves out of twitter if not being kicked out of it !
    Sounds like mu4 tbh

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Elon [Musk] has always been an introvert thinker….So where a lot of people would go to a great party & talk about all sorts of things like rugby or sport, you'd find Elon had found the person's library & was going through their books.” — Errol Musk (Elon’s father)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by World Socionics View Post
    I agree

+ and - signs too , I find it strange to use it in typing while the person did not provide a single evidence of the existence of the function except for its signs

The person has to find the functions that he values ​​first by reading its definition and knowing the extent of his use of it, then turns to secondary matters such as +- signs, two subtypes ( leading/creative) , Gulenko's 4 subtypes, etc.
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    The person has to find the functions that he values ​​first by reading its definition and knowing the extent of his use of it, then turns to secondary matters such as +- signs, two subtypes ( leading/creative) , Gulenko's 4 subtypes, etc.
    I think that determining the temperament first is a good way to proceed. Here is what the Holy scriptures said about Temperaments :

A temperament is most visible at a close distance, on the physical (everyday life, everyday interaction) and the psychological (informal communication) levels of the communicative space.

Temperament is modeled by combining three pairs of orthogonal dichotomies:
    1) extraversion-introversion corresponds to an active and energy-consuming behavior versus the opposite – passive and energy-saving behavior;
    2) static-dynamics corresponds to a balanced versus unbalanced quality of behavior, as well as a fast versus slow acceleration/deceleration towards a selected (linear) direction;
    3) rationality-irrationality corresponds to a stubborn pursuit of the chosen action versus the flexibility, an ability to change the direction.

There are four temperaments in total. Let us consider their manifestations in behavior of a type carrier:

Linear-assertive temperament (LA)
    Flexible-maneuvering temperament (FM)
    Balanced-stable temperament (BS)
    Receptive-adaptive temperament (RA)

Note that Temperaments are most and foremost determined by observations of Behaviors and interactions with the environment.
    Note that "Functions" theoretically exist within the context of the model which is a kind of organigram.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    + and - signs too , I find it strange to use it in typing while the person did not provide a single evidence of the existence of the function except for its signs
    Thoughts as you know are just contained within the electric impulses of our brain so if we were to search for IE that's were we would find them (at least those that we actually treat ). Each person has its own "brain fingerprint" even if those who share the same type of course. Informations follow a given path and the more this path is solicited the more the brain consolidates it (building some kind of highways for informations) rendering both the access and execution of the "command" faster. It's a mechanism involving different kinds of neurons. It's the same brain mechanism involved in the muscle memories, think of technical skills and musician virtuosi for instance.

Our Brain has hardwired Areas and Functions however there are a multitude of circuits that can be created (Brain plasticity). I'm a synth Geek so I like this analogy : Synthesizers can be hardwired or Modular (patchable) sometimes both (semi-modular). With the hardwired ones you can not create your own circuits (path) and you must use the functions as they are. However with a modular synth you can patch it like you want and that opens up a lot more possibilities in terms of sound design. It's about the same thing in our brain. I also think there must be some kind of "cache" like in a computer program (think of a web browser) added to the mix. Anyway, sorry for the rambling and note that I don't know what I'm talking about so

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Sounds like mu4 tbh

Lack is the Muse of all Poets

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see everyone type him as an 1D-Fe type yet "atmosphere" is not his weak point (et-all).

https://youtu.be/y5uV6qLYqMQ

There's lots of things like this he has done over the years, that I for example would be incapable of (that might be due to confidence but whatever).

In any case I believe he's 2D-Fe. There's lots of other points regarding this but honestly I don't wanna write a longpost.

LSE>LIE>ILE.
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

Plausible types; INxP>INxj>ENxp>ENxj

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a sort of delayed response to RBRS, I think the nature of the interview (formality versus more laid back, silly) can make the difference between Elon Musk appearing stiff and uncomfortable or likeable and goofing around.

I still think his type is ILE, but it can be difficult to observe from the outside someone's experience of Fe mobilising or Fe suggestive. Maybe just "Fe in Super-Id".
    He's said he wants to maximise the probability that the future will be better, because "why wouldn't you want to make the future better if you're going to be part of it".

That comment I thought could have something to do with his Fi?

TIM
    Ne Te
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EP

ILE

Too innovative for LSI.

His rule the world mantra is not LSI, it is staying on top with innovation. Just have a peek at some of his narcissm in qoutes.

He's admitted to having asperger syndrome and they can be lords in these areas.

A little better makes better more

The good news in knowing you are wrong is you are right

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon is LII

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread's title needs to be changed to be clearer who it's about. Elon Musk's full, official name is Elongated Muskrat. Some people might not recognize just Elon Musk.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I tried to take the "IPIP-NEO Personality Inventory, 120-item Version" (a Big Five test, there's a full 300 item version) on Musk's behalf a few days ago, although that's probably against some professional psychologist code of practice. I'm not a professional psychologist.

I had most difficulty answering questions on immoderation/impulsivity, because he often does reckless actions, but he also acts very deliberately.
    There was a statement that was I think "I enjoy being reckless" - I think he'd agreed with that.

There were also questions on sociability, like something like "I like to talk many different people at parties" - I doubt he'd agree with that one, he'd like to talk to a few "elite" people who he considers his peers.

"Cautiousness" (under Conscientiousness) and "Immoderation" (under Neuroticism) are two different things.

I suspect he'd have similar results with Steve Jobs and a former leader of Germany (although I think that guy was far more disagreeable and neurotic, and his openness to experience score might be hard to score).

In future, if I do this again for other people, I intend to give the way I answered for each question, so people can have their own thoughts (maybe I'll do that for Musk soon). I don't think there are many famous people who are well-known enough to get a full and accurate portrait, but I think in cases where it's impossible to answer, the middling option can be selected. There was a comment on one book or research paper that discussed about whether a modern personality test/instrument could be used to assess people who lived 200 years ago, but they figured there were only maybe 3 questions that couldn't be directly applied (one was something like "I like to go on rollercoasters"), but they argued that it'd be possible to make the case that Washington would disagree, and Lincoln would agree, with that statement.

https://drj.virtualave.net/IPIP/ipipneo120.htm

Extraversion
    Extraversion is marked by pronounced engagement with the external world. Extraverts enjoy being with people, are full of energy, and often
    experience positive emotions. They tend to be enthusiastic, action-oriented, individuals who are likely to say "Yes!" or "Let's go!" to opportunities for
    excitement. In groups they like to talk, assert themselves, and draw attention to themselves.
    Introverts lack the exuberance, energy, and activity levels of extraverts. They tend to be quiet, low-key, deliberate, and disengaged from the social
    world. Their lack of social involvement should not be interpreted as shyness or depression; the introvert simply needs less stimulation than an
    extravert and prefers to be alone. The independence and reserve of the introvert is sometimes mistaken as unfriendliness or arrogance. In reality, an
    introvert who scores high on the agreeableness dimension will not seek others out but will be quite pleasant when approached.
    DOMAIN/Facet
    Score
    EXTRAVERSION
    ..Friendliness
    ..Gregariousness
    ..Assertiveness
    ..Activity Level
    ..Excitement-Seeking 99
    ..Cheerfulness
    Your score on Extraversion is high, indicating you are sociable, outgoing, energetic, and lively. You prefer to be around people much of the time.
    Extraversion Facets
    Friendliness. Friendly people genuinely like other people and openly demonstrate positive feelings toward others. They make friends quickly
    and it is easy for them to form close, intimate relationships. Low scorers on Friendliness are not necessarily cold and hostile, but they do not
    reach out to others and are perceived as distant and reserved. Your level of friendliness is low.
    Gregariousness. Gregarious people find the company of others pleasantly stimulating and rewarding. They enjoy the excitement of crowds.
    Low scorers tend to feel overwhelmed by, and therefore actively avoid, large crowds. They do not necessarily dislike being with people
    sometimes, but their need for privacy and time to themselves is much greater than for individuals who score high on this scale. Your level of
    gregariousness is average.
    Assertiveness. High scorers Assertiveness like to speak out, take charge, and direct the activities of others. They tend to be leaders in groups.
    Low scorers tend not to talk much and let others control the activities of groups. Your level of assertiveness is high.
    Activity Level. Active individuals lead fast-paced, busy lives. They move about quickly, energetically, and vigorously, and they are involved in
    many activities. People who score low on this scale follow a slower and more leisurely, relaxed pace. Your activity level is high.
    Excitement-Seeking. High scorers on this scale are easily bored without high levels of stimulation. They love bright lights and hustle and bustle.
    They are likely to take risks and seek thrills. Low scorers are overwhelmed by noise and commotion and are adverse to thrill-seeking. Your
    level of excitement-seeking is high.
    Cheerfulness. This scale measures positive mood and feelings, not negative emotions (which are a part of the Neuroticism domain). Persons
    who score high on this scale typically experience a range of positive feelings, including happiness, enthusiasm, optimism, and joy. Low scorers
    are not as prone to such energetic, high spirits. Your level of positive emotions is average.
    Agreeableness
    Agreeableness reflects individual differences in concern with cooperation and social harmony. Agreeable individuals value getting along with others.
    They are therefore considerate, friendly, generous, helpful, and willing to compromise their interests with others'. Agreeable people also have an
    optimistic view of human nature. They believe people are basically honest, decent, and trustworthy.
    Disagreeable individuals place self-interest above getting along with others. They are generally unconcerned with others' well-being, and therefore are
    unlikely to extend themselves for other people. Sometimes their skepticism about others' motives causes them to be suspicious, unfriendly, and
    uncooperative.
    Agreeableness is obviously advantageous for attaining and maintaining popularity. Agreeable people are better liked than disagreeable people. On the
    other hand, agreeableness is not useful in situations that require tough or absolute objective decisions. Disagreeable people can make excellent
    scientists, critics, or soldiers.
    DOMAIN/Facet
    Score
    AGREEABLENESS 1
    ..Trust
    ..Morality
    ..Altruism
    ..Cooperation
    ..Modesty
    ..Sympathy
    Your score on Agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others' needs Than with your own. People see you as tough, critical, and
    uncompromising.
    Agreeableness Facets
    Trust. A person with high trust assumes that most people are fair, honest, and have good intentions. Persons low in trust see others as selfish,
    devious, and potentially dangerous. Your level of trust is low.
    Morality. High scorers on this scale see no need for pretense or manipulation when dealing with others and are therefore candid, frank, and
    sincere. Low scorers believe that a certain amount of deception in social relationships is necessary. People find it relatively easy to relate to the
    straightforward high-scorers on this scale. They generally find it more difficult to relate to the unstraightforward low-scorers on this scale. It
    should be made clear that low scorers are not unprincipled or immoral; they are simply more guarded and less willing to openly reveal the
    whole truth. Your level of morality is low.
    Altruism. Altruistic people find helping other people genuinely rewarding. Consequently, they are generally willing to assist those who are in
    need. Altruistic people find that doing things for others is a form of self-fulfillment rather than self-sacrifice. Low scorers on this scale do not
    particularly like helping those in need. Requests for help feel like an imposition rather than an opportunity for self-fulfillment. Your level of
    altruism is low.
    Cooperation. Individuals who score high on this scale dislike confrontations. They are perfectly willing to compromise or to deny their own
    needs in order to get along with others. Those who score low on this scale are more likely to intimidate others to get their way. Your level of
    compliance is low.
    Modesty. High scorers on this scale do not like to claim that they are better than other people. In some cases this attitude may derive from low
    self-confidence or self-esteem. Nonetheless, some people with high self-esteem find immodesty unseemly. Those who are willing to describe
    themselves as superior tend to be seen as disagreeably arrogant by other people. Your level of modesty is low.
    Sympathy. People who score high on this scale are tenderhearted and compassionate. They feel the pain of others vicariously and are easily
    moved to pity. Low scorers are not affected strongly by human suffering. They pride themselves on making objective judgments based on
    reason. They are more concerned with truth and impartial justice than with mercy. Your level of tender-mindedness is low.
    Conscientiousness
    Conscientiousness concerns the way in which we control, regulate, and direct our impulses. Impulses are not inherently bad; occasionally time
    constraints require a snap decision, and acting on our first impulse can be an effective response. Also, in times of play rather than work, acting
    spontaneously and impulsively can be fun. Impulsive individuals can be seen by others as colorful, fun-to-be-with, and zany.
    Nonetheless, acting on impulse can lead to trouble in a number of ways. Some impulses are antisocial. Uncontrolled antisocial acts not only harm
    other members of society, but also can result in retribution toward the perpetrator of such impulsive acts. Another problem with impulsive acts is that
    they often produce immediate rewards but undesirable, long-term consequences. Examples include excessive socializing that leads to being fired from
    one's job, hurling an insult that causes the breakup of an important relationship, or using pleasure-inducing drugs that eventually destroy one's health.
    Impulsive behavior, even when not seriously destructive, diminishes a person's effectiveness in significant ways. Acting impulsively disallows
    contemplating alternative courses of action, some of which would have been wiser than the impulsive choice. Impulsivity also sidetracks people
    during projects that require organized sequences of steps or stages. Accomplishments of an impulsive person are therefore small, scattered, and
    inconsistent.
    A hallmark of intelligence, what potentially separates human beings from earlier life forms, is the ability to think about future consequences before
    acting on an impulse. Intelligent activity involves contemplation of long-range goals, organizing and planning routes to these goals, and persisting
    toward one's goals in the face of short-lived impulses to the contrary. The idea that intelligence involves impulse control is nicely captured by the term
    prudence, an alternative label for the Conscientiousness domain. Prudent means both wise and cautious. Persons who score high on the
    Conscientiousness scale are, in fact, perceived by others as intelligent.
    The benefits of high conscientiousness are obvious. Conscientious individuals avoid trouble and achieve high levels of success through purposeful
    planning and persistence. They are also positively regarded by others as intelligent and reliable. On the negative side, they can be compulsive
    perfectionists and workaholics. Furthermore, extremely conscientious individuals might be regarded as stuffy and boring. Unconscientious people
    may be criticized for their unreliability, lack of ambition, and failure to stay within the lines, but they will experience many short-lived pleasures and
    they will never be called stuffy.
    DOMAIN/Facet
    Score
    CONSCIENTIOUSNESS 79
    ..Self-Efficacy
    ..Orderliness
    ..Dutifulness
    ..Achievement-Striving
    ..Self-Discipline
    ..Cautiousness
    Your score on Conscientiousness is high. This means you set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-
    working.
    Conscientiousness Facets
    Self-Efficacy. Self-Efficacy describes confidence in one's ability to accomplish things. High scorers believe they have the intelligence (common
    sense), drive, and self-control necessary for achieving success. Low scorers do not feel effective, and may have a sense that they are not in
    control of their lives. Your level of self-efficacy is high.
    Orderliness. Persons with high scores on orderliness are well-organized. They like to live according to routines and schedules. They keep lists
    and make plans. Low scorers tend to be disorganized and scattered. Your level of orderliness is high.
    Dutifulness. This scale reflects the strength of a person's sense of duty and obligation. Those who score high on this scale have a strong sense of
    moral obligation. Low scorers find contracts, rules, and regulations overly confining. They are likely to be seen as unreliable or even
    irresponsible. Your level of dutifulness is low.
    Achievement-Striving. Individuals who score high on this scale strive hard to achieve excellence. Their drive to be recognized as successful
    keeps them on track toward their lofty goals. They often have a strong sense of direction in life, but extremely high scores may be too single-
    minded and obsessed with their work. Low scorers are content to get by with a minimal amount of work, and might be seen by others as lazy.
    Your level of achievement striving is high.
    Self-Discipline. Self-discipline-what many people call will-power-refers to the ability to persist at difficult or unpleasant tasks until they are
    completed. People who possess high self-discipline are able to overcome reluctance to begin tasks and stay on track despite distractions. Those
    with low self-discipline procrastinate and show poor follow-through, often failing to complete tasks-even tasks they want very much to
    complete. Your level of self-discipline is high.
    Cautiousness. Cautiousness describes the disposition to think through possibilities before acting. High scorers on the Cautiousness scale take
    their time when making decisions. Low scorers often say or do first thing that comes to mind without deliberating alternatives and the probable
    consequences of those alternatives. Your level of cautiousness is low.
    Neuroticism
    Freud originally used the term neurosis to describe a condition marked by mental distress, emotional suffering, and an inability to cope effectively
    with the normal demands of life. He suggested that everyone shows some signs of neurosis, but that we differ in our degree of suffering and our
    specific symptoms of distress. Today neuroticism refers to the tendency to experience negative feelings. Those who score high on Neuroticism may
    experience primarily one specific negative feeling such as anxiety, anger, or depression, but are likely to experience several of these emotions. People
    high in neuroticism are emotionally reactive. They respond emotionally to events that would not affect most people, and their reactions tend to be
    more intense than normal. They are more likely to interpret ordinary situations as threatening, and minor frustrations as hopelessly difficult. Their
    negative emotional reactions tend to persist for unusually long periods of time, which means they are often in a bad mood. These problems in
    emotional regulation can diminish a neurotic's ability to think clearly, make decisions, and cope effectively with stress.
    At the other end of the scale, individuals who score low in neuroticism are less easily upset and are less emotionally reactive. They tend to be calm,
    emotionally stable, and free from persistent negative feelings. Freedom from negative feelings does not mean that low scorers experience a lot of
    positive feelings; frequency of positive emotions is a component of the Extraversion domain.
    DOMAIN/Facet
    Score
    NEUROTICISM
    ..Anxiety
    ..Anger
    ..Depression
    ..Self-Consciousness 35
    ..Immoderation
    ..Vulnerability
    Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating
    situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.
    Neuroticism Facets
    Anxiety. The "fight-or-flight" system of the brain of anxious individuals is too easily and too often engaged. Therefore, people who are high in
    anxiety often feel like something dangerous is about to happen. They may be afraid of specific situations or be just generally fearful. They feel
    tense, jittery, and nervous. Persons low in Anxiety are generally calm and fearless. Your level of anxiety is low.
    Anger. Persons who score high in Anger feel enraged when things do not go their way. They are sensitive about being treated fairly and feel
    resentful and bitter when they feel they are being cheated. This scale measures the tendency to feel angry; whether or not the person expresses
    annoyance and hostility depends on the individual's level on Agreeableness. Low scorers do not get angry often or easily. Your level of anger is
    high.
    Depression. This scale measures the tendency to feel sad, dejected, and discouraged. High scorers lack energy and have difficult initiating
    activities. Low scorers tend to be free from these depressive feelings. Your level of depression is low.
    Self-Consciousness. Self-conscious individuals are sensitive about what others think of them. Their concern about rejection and ridicule cause
    them to feel shy and uncomfortable abound others. They are easily embarrassed and often feel ashamed. Their fears that others will criticize or
    make fun of them are exaggerated and unrealistic, but their awkwardness and discomfort may make these fears a self-fulfilling prophecy. Low
    scorers, in contrast, do not suffer from the mistaken impression that everyone is watching and judging them. They do not feel nervous in social
    situations. Your level or self-consciousness is average.
    Immoderation. Immoderate individuals feel strong cravings and urges that they have have difficulty resisting. They tend to be oriented toward
    short-term pleasures and rewards rather than long- term consequences. Low scorers do not experience strong, irresistible cravings and
    consequently do not find themselves tempted to overindulge. Your level of immoderation is low.
    Vulnerability. High scorers on Vulnerability experience panic, confusion, and helplessness when under pressure or stress. Low scorers feel more
    poised, confident, and clear-thinking when stressed. Your level of vulnerability is average.
    Openness to Experience
    Openness to Experience describes a dimension of cognitive style that distinguishes imaginative, creative people from down-to-earth, conventional
    people. Open people are intellectually curious, appreciative of art, and sensitive to beauty. They tend to be, compared to closed people, more aware of
    their feelings. They tend to think and act in individualistic and nonconforming ways. Intellectuals typically score high on Openness to Experience;
    consequently, this factor has also been called Culture or Intellect. Nonetheless, Intellect is probably best regarded as one aspect of openness to
    experience. Scores on Openness to Experience are only modestly related to years of education and scores on standard intelligent tests.
    Another characteristic of the open cognitive style is a facility for thinking in symbols and abstractions far removed from concrete experience.
    Depending on the individual's specific intellectual abilities, this symbolic cognition may take the form of mathematical, logical, or geometric thinking,
    artistic and metaphorical use of language, music composition or performance, or one of the many visual or performing arts. People with low scores on
    openness to experience tend to have narrow, common interests. They prefer the plain, straightforward, and obvious over the complex, ambiguous, and
    subtle. They may regard the arts and sciences with suspicion, regarding these endeavors as abstruse or of no practical use. Closed people prefer
    familiarity over novelty; they are conservative and resistant to change.
    Openness is often presented as healthier or more mature by psychologists, who are often themselves open to experience. However, open and closed
    styles of thinking are useful in different environments. The intellectual style of the open person may serve a professor well, but research has shown
    that closed thinking is related to superior job performance in police work, sales, and a number of service occupations.
    DOMAIN/Facet
    Score
    OPENNESS
    ..Imagination
    ..Artistic Interests 54
    ..Emotionality
    ..Adventurousness 94
    ..Intellect
    ..Liberalism
    Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor
    complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.
    Openness Facets
    Imagination. To imaginative individuals, the real world is often too plain and ordinary. High scorers on this scale use fantasy as a way of
    creating a richer, more interesting world. Low scorers are on this scale are more oriented to facts than fantasy. Your level of imagination is
    average.
    Artistic Interests. High scorers on this scale love beauty, both in art and in nature. They become easily involved and absorbed in artistic and
    natural events. They are not necessarily artistically trained nor talented, although many will be. The defining features of this scale are interest
    in, and appreciation of natural and artificial beauty. Low scorers lack aesthetic sensitivity and interest in the arts. Your level of artistic interests
    is average.
    Emotionality. Persons high on Emotionality have good access to and awareness of their own feelings. Low scorers are less aware of their
    feelings and tend not to express their emotions openly. Your level of emotionality is low.
    Adventurousness. High scorers on adventurousness are eager to try new activities, travel to foreign lands, and experience different things. They
    find familiarity and routine boring, and will take a new route home just because it is different. Low scorers tend to feel uncomfortable with
    change and prefer familiar routines. Your level of adventurousness is high.
    Intellect. Intellect and artistic interests are the two most important, central aspects of openness to experience. High scorers on Intellect love to
    play with ideas. They are open-minded to new and unusual ideas, and like to debate intellectual issues. They enjoy riddles, puzzles, and brain
    teasers. Low scorers on Intellect prefer dealing with either people or things rather than ideas. They regard intellectual exercises as a waste of
    time. Intellect should not be equated with intelligence. Intellect is an intellectual style, not an intellectual ability, although high scorers on
    Intellect score slightly higher than low-Intellect individuals on standardized intelligence tests. Your level of intellect is high.
    Liberalism. Psychological liberalism refers to a readiness to challenge authority, convention, and traditional values. In its most extreme form,
    psychological liberalism can even represent outright hostility toward rules, sympathy for law-breakers, and love of ambiguity, chaos, and
    disorder. Psychological conservatives prefer the security and stability brought by conformity to tradition. Psychological liberalism and
    conservatism are not identical to political affiliation, but certainly incline individuals toward certain political parties. Your level of liberalism is
    low.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Elongated Muskrat is IEI then call me SLI. He doesn't have a single technical degree, doesn't know how to spend his time or money, is the king of alt-right politics and Calvinism, and wants to put a computer chip in his head "for humanity."

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    If Elongated Muskrat is IEI then call me SLI. He doesn't have a single technical degree, doesn't know how to spend his time or money, is the king of alt-right politics and Calvinism, and wants to put a computer chip in his head "for humanity."
    What about that isn't consistent with IEIs?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    What about that isn't consistent with IEIs?
    It's very consistent with IEIs, which is why I should probably seriously consider self-typing as a delta. OK, not that seriously, conflicting quadras do a lot of the same things. A stopped clock can be right twice a day.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now that I think about it, Grimes and Musk kinda support my theory that the artistic person is not going to get along with the concrete person in regards to subtypes. I guess the rational/concrete mind is critical of "irrational" beauty and adornment and sees it as an ostentatious waste that hinders efficiency and functionality. both are IEI in my opinion. I was wondering why they didn't get along because I think Musk is a dominant subtype and grimes normalizing, so in theory, they should have had a subtype duality. I am more and more convinced that certain subtype variations are completely incompatible
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 03-23-2024 at 10:17 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    now that I think about it, Grimes and Musk kinda support my theory that the artistic person is not going to get along with the concrete person in regards to subtypes. I guess the rational/concrete mind is critical of "irrational" beauty and adornment and sees it as an ostentatious waste that hinders efficiency and functionality. both are IEI in my opinion. I was wondering why they didn't get along because I think Musk is a dominant subtype and grimes normalizing, so in theory, they should have had a subtype duality. I am more and more convinced that certain subtype variations are completely incompatible
    Elon Musk is the least dominant person in the world. He literally wants an AI deep inside him controlling his every thought so he doesn't even have to think. He also can't even get away from his Twitter addiction and acts like a little boy with stupid memes. Not very naturally commanding nor very interested in being in control.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    Elon Musk is the least dominant person in the world. He literally wants an AI deep inside him controlling his every thought so he doesn't even have to think. He also can't even get away from his Twitter addiction and acts like a little boy with stupid memes. Not very naturally commanding nor very interested in being in control.
    He's 6'2 and the CEO of several major companies and overworks his employees while being extremly critical of unions and also has no problem directly firing someone. Maybe you define dominance differently but from my perspective he seems like a D sub

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    He's 6'2 and the CEO of several major companies and overworks his employees while being extremly critical of unions and also has no problem directly firing someone. Maybe you define dominance differently but from my perspective he seems like a D sub
    He wants a machine to be inserted deep into his brain, taking away his free will and his ability to even perceive reality so he can be in the Matrix, and he has no ability to pull himself off of social media because he's an addict. He's a compensatory neurotic blowing about like a tumbleweed who wants to literally throw his brain away so he doesn't have to use it, not a dominant leader of any kind. If you pull his strings he dances like a spider on a hot plate. He is a nervous trainwreck of an individual.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast