View Poll Results: what type is Elon Musk?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

17 20.99%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 3.70%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.23%
  • LSI (ISTj)

17 20.99%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.23%
  • ILI (INTp)

8 9.88%
  • LIE (ENTj)

36 44.44%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Elon Musk

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    I'm not a fan of DCNH as you know, but, when it's used this way, it's really saying, a different type of LSI. Much the same as when elaborating on differences within type such as, one is say, an LSI E8, or an ESI E4.

Rather than enneagram, Gulenko is trying to use socionics to explain differences within type, so for that at least I give it some credit.

But for practical purposes it's saying the same thing: a different variety of a type.
    Yes and it´s a useless practical purpose because you end up saying that Putin and Elon Musk are the same type.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yes and it´s a useless practical purpose because you end up saying that Putin and Elon Musk are the same type.
    Well Putin is Ti-LSI which is very different from Se-LSI.

Defending and propagating his business is a hallmark of the LSI Se subtype.

"... [LSI-Se] He is persistent in achieving his goals. Orients quickly in extreme situations, displaying considerable willpower, endurance, and practical resourcefulness. Able to protect the interests of his project or business with energy and obstinacy in various situations. Usually confident in his opinions, which he bases on facts and his experience. Sometimes manifests excessive obstinacy and intractability. Dislikes being objected to or when someone else tries to impose their will or working methods on him. Inquisitive, accumulates useful information. Often has interests in areas of morality, art, and legislation. Refers to novel and differing points of view with distrust and suspicion, since it is quite difficult for him to change his positions and way of thinking.

Can apply pressure on his subordinates if he is in a leadership position, forcing them to work conscientiously; inclined to "tighten the screws" giving instructions in imperative intonation; will check if his orders have been carried out. If his arguments are not taken under consideration, may flare up and try to force others to do everything as it should be done. Internally disapproves of violations of established regulations. Assesses and judges work by the difficulties and challenges that were overcome during its implementation. Applies the same requirements to everyone without taking individual abilities and circumstances into account.

From time to time needs an emotional discharge to alleviate his inner tensions. In such cases does not hide his emotions and waits for reciprocal sincerity from his partner. Finds it difficult to attain inner balance. At times he loses his restraint and with an outburst can undermine previously established relationships. He is not always able to maintain stable and friendly relations with other people due to his intransigence and straightforwardness of his views and opinions. Despite this, he is usually quite hardy and enduring, both on emotional and physical level."

http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...j_.28Se-LSI.29

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    That's not related to Ni or Ne IMO.
    All these arguments are because our understanding of functions (theory as a whole) are not the same. Elon Musk has strong Se and what he is doing is no way related to intuition. But how can we prove it It's all on how we perceive functions. And for now, I tend to agree with Gulenko understanding of the theory.
    I noticed intuitives often don't understand sensors and the opposite, so thinking that Gulenko lost touch with reality is very Se. And LIIs are a strange, their conclusions are often weird to others, if you're not able to connect the dots, you won't be able to understand where they're coming from.
    It's definitely Intuition. New prospects, bold innovations and all that. He does value Se and is an extravert and that's what you are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Defending and propagating his business is a hallmark of the LSI Se subtype.

"... [LSI-Se] He is persistent in achieving his goals. Orients quickly in extreme situations, displaying considerable willpower, endurance, and practical resourcefulness. Able to protect the interests of his project or business with energy and obstinacy in various situations. Usually confident in his opinions, which he bases on facts and his experience. Sometimes manifests excessive obstinacy and intractability. Dislikes being objected to or when someone else tries to impose their will or working methods on him. Inquisitive, accumulates useful information. Often has interests in areas of morality, art, and legislation. Refers to novel and differing points of view with distrust and suspicion, since it is quite difficult for him to change his positions and way of thinking.
    The bolded are not done in the way Elon Musk does it...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The bolded are not done in the way Elon Musk does it...
    It is, here is how he describes himself:

@0:53 Elon Musk: "I seem to have a high innate drive. That's been true ever since I was a little kid. You know, I really had a very strong drive, did all sorts of risky things when I was a kid that I've ... like why did I do these things, they are crazy [laughs]."

In Elon's own words, his Ni was nowhere near catching up with the impulsive stuff his Se was driving him to do.

This is Se ego with an accentuated Se af.

Next, he says this: Elon Musk: "I care a lot about the truth of things and trying to understand the truth of things. I think that's important. If you're going to come up with some solution then the truth is really really important."

Much like Jordan Peterson his Ti attention is drawn to trying to understand the truth, except that being Ti-Se and SP-first, rather than Ti-Ne and SX-first, in his words it is the "truth of things" rather than Jordan's SX-Ti "personal truth".

Moving along @2:22 Elon Musk speaking about the school he's organizing for his kids: "And making all children go in the same grade at the same time, like an assembly line."

Clearly nothing like LIE or Gamma values here. This is an ST attitude and primarily this has been prescribed to LSIs and LSEs to some extent: "LSI - brings to automation, formalization, petrification." (link)

Further along @2:55 Elon says the following: Elon Musk: "It's important to teach problem solving, or teach to the problem not the tools. Let's say you're trying to teach people about how engines work. You can start by ... a more traditional traditional way would be to teach all about the screwdrivers and the wrenches, and you're gonna have a course of screwdrivers and a course of wrenches. This is a very difficult way to do it. A much better way would be like: "Here's the engine - now let's take it apart. How are we going to take it apart ... huh, you need a screwdriver - that's what a screwdriver is for, you need a wrench - that's what a wrench is for. And then a very important thing happens is that the relevance of tools becomes important."

Teaching his kids and anyone else around him the importance of tools to solve some concrete problem, like taking an engine apart, is some standard ST male parenting. Yet the n-th thing he says about himself that runs at odds with any gamma nt typings.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    It is, here is how he describes himself:

@0:53 Elon Musk: "I seem to have a high innate drive. That's been true ever since I was a little kid. You know, I really had a very strong drive, did all sorts of risky things when I was a kid that I've ... like why did I do these things, they are crazy [laughs]."

In Elon's own words, his Ni was nowhere near catching up with the impulsive stuff his Se was driving him to do.

This is Se ego with an accentuated Se af.
    I see nothing in here that indicates egoic Se. LIEs often like certain risky things more than LSIs.

Next, he says this: Elon Musk: "I care a lot about the truth of things and trying to understand the truth of things. I think that's important. If you're going to come up with some solution then the truth is really really important."

Much like Jordan Peterson his Ti attention is drawn to trying to understand the truth, except that being Ti-Se and SP-first, rather than Ti-Ne and SX-first, in his words it is the "truth of things" rather than Jordan's SX-Ti "personal truth".
    What kind of truth?

Moving along @2:22 Elon Musk speaking about the school he's organizing for his kids: "And making all children go in the same grade at the same time, like an assembly line."

Clearly nothing like LIE or Gamma values here. This is an ST attitude and primarily this has been prescribed to LSIs and LSEs to some extent: "LSI - brings to automation, formalization, petrification." (link)
    Why does he want it this way? As for "petrification", no, Musk is way way more dynamic than that.

Further along @2:55 Elon says the following: Elon Musk: "It's important to teach problem solving, or teach to the problem not the tools. Let's say you're trying to teach people about how engines work. You can start by ... a more traditional traditional way would be to teach all about the screwdrivers and the wrenches, and you're gonna have a course of screwdrivers and a course of wrenches. This is a very difficult way to do it. A much better way would be like: "Here's the engine - now let's take it apart. How are we going to take it apart ... huh, you need a screwdriver - that's what a screwdriver is for, you need a wrench - that's what a wrench is for. And then a very important thing happens is that the relevance of tools becomes important."

Teaching his kids and anyone else around him the importance of tools to solve some concrete problem, like taking an engine apart, is some standard ST male parenting. Yet the n-th thing he says about himself that runs at odds with any gamma nt typings.
    That tools thing is very Te to me lol