View Poll Results: what type is Elon Musk?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

15 18.99%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 3.80%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.27%
  • LSI (ISTj)

17 21.52%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.27%
  • ILI (INTp)

8 10.13%
  • LIE (ENTj)

35 44.30%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    I'm not referring to their rationale, I'm referring to Gulenko's rationale. I'm aware that members have typed Elon Musk LSI for various other reasons, but I'm not critiquing those reasons. I am specifically critiquing Gulenko's half-baked explanation for typing Elon Musk LSI, which is unrelated to their rationale unless they're using it as justification for their own LSI typing. I don't know what it is that you keep trying to explain to me here, but I didn't ask for it, nor do I need it, because it's not even referencing what I'm saying. I don't mean that offensively, I just don't think this is gonna go anywhere.
    Considering we don't know Gulenko's full rationale, we're using a translated article and the purpose of Gulenko's response in the article was not to give his full reasoning for LSI, but to answer the question of an inspector (LSI) being confused with an explorer (ILE).

Despite this, Gulenko still gives a part of his reasoning,

Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko
    Indeed, sometimes this happens. This is the case if the Inspector fell under the heavier influence of the Seeker. The fact is that the auditor is able to put his program in a proper manner in the right approach. In this case, I-accentuation may occur. I will give an example of a famous person who falls under this rule - this is Ilon Mask. On a distant distance, we perceive it through the image of the innovator (ILE), and close to us is a hard-line Beta-type manager (LSI).

I did a google search, and more or less the first article I found was this,

http://uk.businessinsider.com/elon-m...manager-2015-1

Speaking with the Wall Street Journal, Musk described himself as a "nano-manager."

While other leaders might have a reputation as micro-managers, Musk said he's a nano-manager. In scientific pursuits, micro- means a thousandth of something, while nano- means a billionth. In essence, Musk is saying that he's exponentially more hands-on than the average boss.
    A hands on nano manager is not the way ILE manages you, or even LIE (your typing) but it is an ST style of management. It's so hands on - even more than micro managing, that the level of hardline control is LSI,

http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...ile_by_Gulenko

LSI in supervisor role:

• Interaction with subordinates often takes form of "trainer - students." Independent initiative is not supported.
    • Strategy: maximum attention to productivity, little attention to the human factor.

'As a supervisor (LSI) he gives instructions on exact implementation of various tasks and orders. "Instructor" is characterized by one-way communication, where he defines the roles of his subordinates, as well as what, when, where and under what conditions the work should be done.'

Whereas LIE:

• Strategy: freedom of management, maximum attention to production, new technologies, human resources.
    • Collaborating type of behavior. If necessary, can successfully participate in competitive actions and projects.

Elon musk himself describes himself as an LSI - an ST manager.

Not even LSE is as controlling as Elon,

• Strategy: full freedom to manage and control within the framework of the law.
    • Characterized by collaborating type of behavior with elements of competing style.
    • Business activity is aimed at removing barriers and discomfort in productive activities of his subordinates. (Si)

So, I think Gulenko did OK in his brief explanation, furthermore, looking into this further, in addition to the aggressor behavior (more Se) I can only conclude too that Elon is LSI.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    Considering we don't know Gulenko's full rationale, we're using a translated article and the purpose of Gulenko's response in the article was not to give his full reasoning for LSI, but to answer the question of an inspector (LSI) being confused with an explorer (ILE).
    that was never my question, nor did you even answer the question you thought I asked, which is strange. anyway I'd like to end the conversation here because I get the feeling that you're just using me as a sounding board for your thoughts, which are more-or-less unrelated to what I'm talking about, but please feel free to continue explaining your LSI typing of Elon Musk, if you'd like, but you can do that without further replying to my posts on this thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    that was never my question, nor did you even answer the question you thought I asked, which is strange. anyway I'd like to end the conversation here because I get the feeling that you're just using me as a sounding board for your thoughts, which are completely unrelated to anything I've written thus far, but feel free to continue explaining your LSI typing of Elon Musk, if you'd like, but you can do that without further replying to my posts on this thread.
    Your 'question'

I'm not referring to their rationale, I'm referring to Gulenko's rationale. I'm aware that members have typed Elon Musk LSI for various other reasons, but I'm not critiquing those reasons. I am specifically critiquing Gulenko's half-baked explanation for typing Elon Musk LSI,
    I did answer this - the purpose of what Gulenko wrote was not to give a full explanation of Elon's type, but to explain an explorer being confused with an inspector, in doing so Gulenko only provided a part of his rationale for the type, because that was not the intention of his answer (I've explained this to you already).

My response is elaborating on the reason Gulenko gave - I've gave you a direct quote from Elon himself describing his own management style, and have matched that with the established literature of socionics.

I think the real reason you're posting again and again 'against' Gulenko, is because no one is agreeing with you that Elon is LIE because 'his skin is pulled tightly over his face' which is your own half baked explanation

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    that interview reminds me of obama in a weird way, so maybe if hes LSI with Ne superpowers obama is the Fi version
    I think both Obama and Musk are LIE. Obama D sub and Musk H.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Apparently people keep forgetting that LIEs have Se Hidden Agenda and are Pseudo-Aggressors, to be specific, the least 'victim' from all the 'victims'... Also, they usually have an 8 fix, so that is gonna show up in their interactions with others.

I find it dubious that someone with as much of a focus on and proficiency at business, innovation, and enterprise could be typed as Te Ignoring and Ne PoLR. It is entirely contradictory to the theory.

Furthermore, most Socionists seem to suck at typing celebrities, especially non-Russians.
    The only two people they got right are Elvis and ******, almost everyone else is being grossly mistyped.
    I saw Katy Perry being typed as ILE floating around somewhere...
    The funny thing about hidden agenda is that it is hidden, and not a dominant aspect of someones personality

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    The funny thing about hidden agenda is that it is hidden, and not a dominant aspect of someones personality
    Since when is Se a dominant aspect of Musk's personality?

Everything is just about business and innovation with this guy.

P.S: Some people can become low-key obsessed with their Hidden Agenda. Mostly Inert subtype people.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Since when is Se a dominant aspect of Musk's personality?

Everything is just about business and innovation with this guy.

P.S: Some people can become low-key obsessed with their Hidden Agenda. Mostly Inert subtype people.
    I never said musk is se ego or any other thing about him. I just said that using hidden agenda as an excuse for the person being strong on that front is simply wrong, as hidden agenda is weak

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    I never said musk is se ego or any other thing about him. I just said that using hidden agenda as an excuse for the person being strong on that front is simply wrong, as hidden agenda is weak
    Okay. Sure. I never said that the HA is strong, nor that Musk is strong at Se.
    But, many people mistake/mistype someone's focus on their HA as one of their strengths. That's why I've mentioned it.

The subject's innate lack of balance in the mobilizing function can easily cause him to indulge in it recklessly or to sorely neglect it.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think both Obama and Musk are LIE. Obama D sub and Musk H.
    I think Obama is EIE, maybe also Ni subtype like Musk.

EIE-Ni and LIE-Ni can appear to be Identicals or very similar from the outside, being Lookalikes and having the same subtype.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It looks like Gulenko did a lazy 'analysis' of Elon Musk, not even going into the functions or information elements specifically and how he fits into those, but just scratching on the surface of type stereotypes. Which, unfortunately, is quite a common occurrence when it comes to LSI typings...

Instead of seeing Elon Musk as a whole person, everything he has done, and how he expresses himself and acts in videos and so forth, Gulenko merely zoomed in on one interview of his, ignoring anything else. Te Ignoring problems? It is as if Gulenko just zoomed in on the one thing that confirms his impression of Musk being LSI. There hasn't been much thought put into this typing, as far as I can tell. The OP did a much better job of doing so. Of course I am to some extent biased here, because I agree with the OP, but at least the OP went into the information elements and how Elon Musk expresses those, whereas Gulenko did not even attempt to do so.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this is a quadra preference (or dichotomy/type indicator perhaps) - it seems there are people who are saying Musk is X type, without appearing to give reasons, and also criticizing Gulenko's answer (as if criticizing Gulenko, rather than providing work, or rationale themselves, is an indirect support for their own typing of Elon?) Anyway, it might not be type related, but it's (almost) interesting to me.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, it seems only Gulenko knows. LII's are like that. They like to hide their thinking.
    Descartes etc. You should be happy if you are lucky enough to receive a riddle.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like Gulenko did a lazy 'analysis' of Elon Musk, not even going into the functions or information elements specifically and how he fits into those, but just scratching on the surface of type stereotypes. Which, unfortunately, is quite a common occurrence when it comes to LSI typings...

Instead of seeing Elon Musk as a whole person, everything he has done, and how he expresses himself and acts in videos and so forth, Gulenko merely zoomed in on one interview of his, ignoring anything else. Te Ignoring problems? It is as if Gulenko just zoomed in on the one thing that confirms his impression of Musk being LSI. There hasn't been much thought put into this typing, as far as I can tell. The OP did a much better job of doing so. Of course I am to some extent biased here, because I agree with the OP, but at least the OP went into the information elements and how Elon Musk expresses those, whereas Gulenko did not even attempt to do so.
    I don't know if Gulenko zoomed in on one interview, I quoted Musk from one of his interviews, so you may be confusing me with Gulenko (ouch lol)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I don't know if Gulenko zoomed in on one interview, I quoted Musk from one of his interviews, so you may be confusing me with Gulenko (ouch lol)
    Te PoLR problems?

Alright, I guess I overlooked the fact you were just agreeing with Gulenko and providing reasonings for the LSI typing on your own behalf.

I gave Gulenko too much credit, then.

So he didn't even give any reasoning himself? Then my overall point still stands.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te PoLR problems?
    Na, you're too cool for all that, well, only if you want to be

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I admit, I have developed the habit of skimming people's posts.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSI is such an awful typing of Musk IMO. His is weak just by observing his behavior in interviews. I still think he is LIE as his vision is geared towards and with some demonstrative influence. His HA is clear as day with his behavior gearing towards valuing it, but not being naturally good at it.

I am not seeing creative or PoLR at all with him. The whole ILE supervision story just seems like a concocted fairy tale. I think Gulenko is wrong with this typing. He may be a professional socionist, but that doesn't mean he is infallible at typing and he will make mistakes from time to time like anyone else can.
    Last edited by Raver; 02-11-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    He may be a professional socionist, but that doesn't mean he is infallible at typing and he will make mistakes from time to time like anyone else can.
    True. But we can't really type just based on seeing his interviews. Famous people can put acts and all, and you will never be able to see their true personas until you know them personally (and so type). I think @at sirac son of sirac post is spot on and add @silke post about how he behaved with his romantic interests that is typical of LSIs (especially Se sub). LSIs are possesive of their partners and they perceive people as objects (like other STs). And you can see that in how he acts with his subordinates and girlfriends.
    Last edited by Kernel; 02-11-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: name mistake

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    True. But we can't really type just based on seeing his interviews. Famous people can put acts and all, and you will never be able to see their true personas until you know them personally (and so type). I think @at sirac son of sirac post is spot on and add @silke post about how he behaved with his romantic interests that is typical of LSIs (especially Se sub). LSIs are possesive of their partners and they perceive people as objects (like other STs). And you can see that in how he acts with his subordinates and girlfriends.
    This may be true, but I don't think his behavior in interviews is too far off from the reality. The way he acts even in public speeches comes across as someone who is weak in . As for his behavior in relationships, it may be linked to LSI behavior, but it is not completely out of the question for LIEs. They are capable of treating people like objects as well.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Despite what he dos he seems to be quite vigilant towards new developments in technology. Generating something for the world than being personally plugged in/experiencing stuff seems quite static thinking.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be true, but I don't think his behavior in interviews is too far off from the reality. The way he acts even in public speeches comes across as someone who is weak in . As for his behavior in relationships, it may be linked to LSI behavior, but it is not completely out of the question for LIEs. They are capable of treating people like objects as well.
    I think it's completely out of the question for LIEs. LIEs are Ni ego. I can even see ESI being like Elon Musk more than any LIE (not the seeing people as objects but the pressuring and pursuing) Se knows what it wants and proceed to attain it, things or ppl. I guess NTs are less likely to see people as objects because of intuition but I wasn't close with an NT yet so I can't be sure of that.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think it's completely out of the question for LIEs. LIEs are Ni ego. I can even see ESI being like Elon Musk more than any LIE (not the seeing people as objects but the pressuring and pursuing) Se knows what it wants and proceed to attain it, things or ppl. I guess NTs are less likely to see people as objects because of intuition but I wasn't close with an NT yet so I can't be sure of that.
    This kind of behavior just proves him as being a part of / and having an 8 fix or main, which LIE can fit into. I agree that I cannot see an Alpha NT behaving in this manner, but a Gamma NT is not automatically ruled out by this behavior.

Appearing genteel in public, but acting possessive and mean behind closed doors actually fits into how some LIEs behave. I suppose there is a possibility that he is LSI, given some aspects of his behavior. It is just other aspects of his personality that make me lean toward LIE.

When I think of a public figure that is LSI, a good example is Vladimir Putin. Contrast the difference in strength of between Putin and Musk in interviews and public speeches. Putin uses confidently and effectively. He doesn't just value it, he is strong at it. The difference is almost night and day between the two.
    Last edited by Raver; 02-11-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another interesting thing to add to the mix, since not just type, but subtype of Se-LSI is being suggested,

Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko LSI-Se description
    Gusty and impulsive. Doesn't always follow the same order and organization that he requires of others, meanwhile criticizing those who disrupt this order. Seems courteous and communicable at a distance, but in closer quarters can prove to be intolerant. If provoked, can respond by aggression. Strives towards leadership, but is best at managing smaller groups. Outwardly appears strong. Male representatives often have facial hair and prefer a free style in their clothing.
    It could apply to a number of types, or just some people within a type, but it's quite striking considering Elon is already fitting the LSI style of management, and aggressor style of romance. The 'courteous and communicable' appearance, which is something that would come across at a distance - for instance a short interview, is very different to how he describes his day to day management pattern and how people close to him describe his behavior. More pointers for LSI (and LSI-Se even).

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

How do the LSI-typers justify Ne PoLR and Te Ignoring for Musk? Really curious about that.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This kind of behavior just proves him as being a part of / and having an 8 fix or main, which LIE fits into as well. I agree that I cannot see an Alpha NT behaving in this manner, but a Gamma NT is not automatically ruled out by this behavior.

Appearing genteel in public, but acting possessive and mean behind closed doors actually fits into how some LIEs behave. I suppose there is a possibility that he is LSI, given some aspects of his behavior. It is just other aspects of his personality that make me leans toward LIE.

When I think of a public figure that is LSI, a good example is Vladimir Putin. Contrast the difference in strength of between Putin and Musk in interviews and public speeches. Putin uses confidently and effectively. He doesn't just value it, he is strong at it. The difference is almost night and day between the two.
    I can see your point now. But the difference between Putin and Elon Musk can be because one is Dominant subtype and the other is Harmonizer subtype. You can find an LSI for example who (before getting to know him/her) can seem shy/humble/likeable and not show any Se. I think type is very subtle. I've interacted with one LSI for now and at first, you might think he has weak Se. But it's there and strong. The way he handles his environment is just impressive for me, he's very comfortable and lives in the here and now, and if you talk to him about anything he perceives as impractical or unrealistic he will see you as an alien.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putin is ILE (let's not get sidetracked by using the speculative type of one 'celebrity' to support a typing of another )

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can see your point now. But the difference between Putin and Elon Musk can be because one is Dominant subtype and the other is Harmonizer subtype. You can find an LSI for example who (before getting to know him/her) can seem shy/humble/likeable and not show any Se. I think type is very subtle. I've interacted with one LSI for now and at first, you might think he has weak Se. But it's there and strong. The way he handles his environment is just impressive for me, he's very comfortable and lives in the here and now, and if you talk to him about anything he perceives as impractical or unrealistic he will see you as an alien.
    I don't believe in DCNH, but I see your point as well. I remember meeting a few LSIs that I initially thought were LII because of how tame they appeared. However, when push came to shove, their came to the forefront and their lack of as well. This could be a non-Socionics influence of one's type from enneagram. Even though I still type Musk as LIE, I won't rule out LSI as a possibility for this reason.

Putin is ILE (let's not get sidetracked by using the speculative type of one 'celebrity' to support a typing of another )
    I never seen anyone type him as ILE and I don't see it personally, but to each their own I guess. That's the thing about Socionics, you cannot prove anyone's type without a doubt so there will always be disagreement about public figures' types.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in DCNH, but I see your point as well. I remember meeting a few LSIs that I initially thought were LII because of how tame they appeared. However, when push came to shove, their came to the forefront.l and lack of as well. This could be a non-Socionics influence of one's type from enneagram. Even though I still type Musk as LIE, I won't rule out LSI as a possibility for this reason.

I never seen anyone type him as ILE and I don't see it personally, but to each their own I guess. That's the thing about Socionics, you cannot prove anyone's type without a doubt so there will always be disagreement about public figures' types.
    http://www.socionics.com/advan/entpcelebs.html I agree with the typing, also looks very ILE in the photo on the page.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.com/advan/entpcelebs.html I agree with the typing, also looks very ILE in the photo on the page.
    Alright, I stand corrected even though I disagree with it.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How do the LSI-typers justify Ne PoLR and Te Ignoring for Musk? Really curious about that.
    Very grounded ideas relating to real world and very little interest in factualism and lots of his non work related intellectual pondering relate to time that s separate from his own experience. He tries to solve future
    worst case scenarios with planning which is PoLR so he/others would never encounter them.

His cars are totally in the mercy of advancements in battery technology.

With help of my very flexible I can reason myself out of anything.

Coming up next: Why Elvis was actually LII?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well I think its worth remembering most people approach this from an orthodox model A standpoint with maybe contact/inert subtypes in mind, whereas gulenko has something very specific bordering on the idiosyncratic because he knows model G and DCNH like no one else, and not only that its in the process of development such that in some ways he may just as easily contort the system around musk as fit musk into the system. in other words there may be an aspect of gulenkos internal harmonization combined with his need to illustrate a point that creates such a ticklish situation. anyway I think its an interesting idea and I like gulenko so I'm not ready to totally dismiss the possibility of this actually being a really effective way for him to highlight his divergence from the norm and get people thinking about exactly these sorts of things, which is a good thing

musk like bezos and probably most other rich people have obviously gone through hormonal therapies too so I think that warps their typing because they look more sensory than they really are because theyre probably on GH and TRT, not to mention baldness treatments and so forth

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With CFT, you can nearly always argue for more than one type. There often isn't one correct type for individuals, only a range of likely ones based on the theory. Some people fit perfectly, as if the theory is true. Many do not and attempts to reconcile are filled with contradictions. Types are ideals, abstractions, tendencies of cognitive patterns, behavior, personality. They are the conscious, subconscious aspects of the psyche. It is possible that Elon is a hybrid of different types, like most of us likely are, because ideals are quite rare.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    With CFT, you can nearly always argue for more than one type. There often isn't one correct type for individuals, only a range of likely ones based on the theory. Some people fit perfectly, as if the theory is true. Many do not and attempts to reconcile are filled with contradictions. Types are ideals, abstractions, tendencies of cognitive patterns, behavior, personality. They are the conscious, subconscious aspects of the psyche. It is possible that Elon is a hybrid of different types, like most of us likely are, because ideals are quite rare.
    CFT?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cognitive Function Theory, most likely.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is hilarious. There's no point in trying. Closed ears will never hear, closed eyes will never see, closed minds will never know.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I find that combining socionics with enneagram pretty much fills up the loopholes.

P.S: Big 5 can help, too.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think both Obama and Musk are LIE.
    Nah, Obama is a beta NF. Too much diplomacy and people skills for LIE IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehtaro View Post
    This description of his thought process here was very interesting.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Jesus, Gulenko has officially gone down the mad rabbithole. Like some other socionists (Meged+Ovcharov, iirc) have before him too, after a few years of practicing Socionics. These speculations about ILE supervision... He seems to completely have lost touch with reality.

What's it in Socionics that sends some people down that rabbithole where they never come back up from it?

This thing... jesus: "This happens in cases when the Inspector (LSI) has fallen under the heavy influence of the Seeker (ILE). This happens because with a proper approach the auditor (supervisor) is able to instill his program into the supervisee. In this case, I-accentuation may occur."

Just magically with a "proper approach" instill some "program" into another person like that??

Instead of seeing Elon Musk as a whole person, everything he has done, and how he expresses himself and acts in videos and so forth, Gulenko merely zoomed in on one interview of his, ignoring anything else. Te Ignoring problems? It is as if Gulenko just zoomed in on the one thing that confirms his impression of Musk being LSI.
    It's not specific to Te ignoring, it's just that mad rabbithole.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Very grounded ideas relating to real world
    Grounded in the sense he actually wants them manifested?

Not grounded in the sense that they are very bold ideas and plans.

Whereas LIE:

• Strategy: freedom of management, maximum attention to production, new technologies, human resources.
    • Collaborating type of behavior. If necessary, can successfully participate in competitive actions and projects.
    You forgot to bold the parts that Elon Musk is about with his whole approach lol. I underlined them for you.

No way in hell that 2D Ni with Ne PoLR does this, fuck Gulenko's crazy speculating.

I think the real reason you're posting again and again 'against' Gulenko, is because no one is agreeing with you that Elon is LIE
    I happen to agree... and a lot of other people in this thread.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm going to finish my detailed analysis why Elvis was actually LII in the next 200 years.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst, don't know why you're cursing, but for socionics, freedom to manage is a key component of LIE and democratic quadra, which Musk does not have. You can cherry pick information as much as you like, doesn't make you right.

As for supervision, I personally don't have an issue with his idea. If all this socionics stuff is true, it reminds me of a period that I spent around an ESE. I realised my visual smile was lacking and for a while made an attempt of emulation and tried to smile more. Maybe your Ne PoLR is overheating.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast