View Poll Results: what type is Elon Musk?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

15 18.99%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 3.80%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.27%
  • LSI (ISTj)

17 21.52%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.27%
  • ILI (INTp)

8 10.13%
  • LIE (ENTj)

35 44.30%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nehtaro View Post
    His nervousness matches an ILI but he is a bit more expressive, and even LIEs are nervous and can be self-deprecating.
    I attribute his nervousness to him being 6w5 core, which is more stereotypical for ILIs. Added to that, I find he could be Ni subtype, and that just reinforces the impression of him being possibly an ILI. But as you said, he is more expressive (Fe Role), and clearly Ne Demonstrative + Te lead in the way he deals with his business(es).

P.S: Isn't there an Elon Musk typing thread already...?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    I attribute his nervousness to him being 6w5 core, which is more stereotypical for ILIs. Added to that, I find he could be Ni subtype, and that just reinforces the impression of him being possibly an ILI. But as you said, he is more expressive (Fe Role), and clearly Ne Demonstrative + Te lead in the way he deals with his business(es).

P.S: Isn't there an Elon Musk typing thread already...?
    6w5 and Ni subtype would definitely make sense.

You're right, I searched before I posted but didn't look down far enough smh: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...2008-Elon-Musk
    Looks like LIE was the consensus there.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Elon Musk is ILI. He is very similar to another ILI, Sergey Brin. I have also friend who is definetely ILI and he's also very similar in looks to Elon Musk.

Elon Musk looks like Introverted Perceiving type very strongly to me, he also looks like gamma NT.

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious Gamma NT is obvious. Precisely whether he's ILI or LIE is harder to say.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha. This might explain why I always disliked Elon Musk, instinctively, while not having a reason.

It's not that I think he's a bad person. It's that I think his aspirations seem unsafe and arrogant.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    It's that I think his aspirations seem unsafe and arrogant.
    Then again I feel this way about ILEs too, it's just Elon Musk doesn't look fun *at all* in his interviews

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Easily LSI-Se

Pol Pot

Joe Stalin

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flame thrower Elon.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I usually mock the "(s)he looks like my 4th grade teacher's gardener" VI typing method, but elon musk has a strikingly resemblance to my friend

[image removed]

in terms of his appearance, I feel like he's somewhere on the cusp between elon musk and tom wlaschiha (jaqen h'ghar). I think he scored INTJ on the mbti test but I've never gotten him to take a socionics test. regardless I still think he fits the LIE profile better than he fits the ILI profile. I feel like LIE faces always look like they've got a rubber mask stretched over their skull, like their features are too tight against their face, like it's not their face, which has always creeped me out. anyway I just wanted to see if I was the only one who noticed the resemblance because, to me, it's uncanny, but it doesn't even stop there because after skimming a few elon musk interviews, the resemblance extends to their mannerisms, I was going to make a similar comparison between their choice of clothing but I feel like that could be better explained by their line of work since everybody's got a suit nowadays!
    Last edited by wasp; 02-10-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gulenko typed him LSI.

"Hard core beta manager"

https://translate.google.com/transla...n%2F%3Fid%3D42

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai
    In what cases, accentuations and subtypes can be confused by the Inspector (LSI) and the Seeker (ILE)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Gulenko
    Indeed, sometimes this happens. This is the case if the Inspector fell under the heavier influence of the Seeker. The fact is that the auditor is able to put his program in a proper manner in the right approach. In this case, I-accentuation may occur. I will give an example of a famous person who falls under this rule - this is Ilon Mask. On a distant distance, we perceive it through the image of the innovator (ILE), and close to us is a hard-line Beta-type manager (LSI).
    Looks like Gulenko mixes Russian and Ukranian together? Google translate performs sometimes better with Ukrainian.
    So did Gulenko type Musk as LSI-H?
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 02-10-2018 at 07:05 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he seems LIE - harmonizing.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Gulenko typed him LSI.
    Gulenko is king of socionics now lol.
    Elon Musk is not LIE. You guys just go with stereotypes and use superficial information to type. It's very hard to type people and for famous people it's better to trust and follow Gulenko typing. He knows what he's doing. And from there we can learn to type better.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Sociotypes are stereotypes of human's personalities. So...

The key is, to be able to distinguish between 'true' and type-specific stereotypes, and 'false' or non-type-specific traits.
    That can be the challenge.

Elon Musk doesn't even fit into all LIE stereotypes, because he is 6w5, which is more typical of ILI and LSI.
    But he clearly matches the traits of someone who is Te lead, Se HA, and Ne Demonstrative.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default who needs thinking -- just copy n paste

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Elon Musk is not LIE. You guys just go with stereotypes and use superficial information to type. It's very hard to type people and for famous people it's better to trust and follow Gulenko typing. He knows what he's doing. And from there we can learn to type better.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are making mistakes in typing and the problem is that you're very sure of it and that's wrong. I also typed Elon Musk as LIE at first, then LSE, until I concluded he was LSI and now just knew that Gulenko typed him as LSI.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

You are making mistakes in typing and the problem is that you're very sure of it and that's wrong. I also typed Elon Musk as LIE at first, then LSE, until I concluded he was LSI and now just knew that Gulenko typed him as LSI.
    You are relying too much on Gulenko as your Socionics God and savior.

In a manner that strikes me as Te seeking and 6 fix tbh.

Relying too much on the opinions of an intellectual "authority".

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Daisy, it's the nature of the forum, people over discuss certain topics for the vanity of imagining themselves as intelligent by doing so, don't sweat it if you are These things come to pass and the weird wheel of socionics keeps turning ha

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    @Daisy, it's the nature of the forum, people over discuss certain topics for the vanity of imagining themselves as intelligent by doing so, don't sweat it if you are These things come to pass and the weird wheel of socionics keeps turning ha
    Good to know your reason for why you are on this forum

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know your reason for why you are on this forum
    Hehe x

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon Musk - ESFP - Napoleon

Why put that in a spoiler?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many varieties of type. And you need to study and observe each type alone to fully know how to type. Now that I interacted with few Beta ST, I know that Elon Musk is very Se and Beta, some will see something different, because they don't know what Se is. I think many people that are making some difference in the world and doing something like Elon Musk are Beta ST. They usually seem smart as heck to me. THEY HAVE Se. I can't explain well (sorry). So you might think I'm just blabbering. @Olimpia You're stating the obvious. I saw that I disagree a lot with your typing. And you need to correct them tbh because you're misleading new people here.
    Edit: Also, you think so much and focus on details of the theory (functions, enneagram or additonal things) that you forget what the type really is, you have been here from 2014 and you still don't know the right way of typing (not saying I do, but I can see that yours is wrong).
    Last edited by Kernel; 02-10-2018 at 10:27 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sociotypes are stereotypes of human's personalities. So...

The key is, to be able to distinguish between 'true' and type-specific stereotypes, and 'false' or non-type-specific traits.
    That can be the challenge.

Elon Musk doesn't even fit into all LIE stereotypes, because he is 6w5, which is more typical of ILI and LSI.
    But he clearly matches the traits of someone who is Te lead, Se HA, and Ne Demonstrative.
    "Traits" are not the point of socionics at all...
    just mere information.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    I usually mock the "(s)he looks like my 4th grade teacher's gardener" VI typing method, but elon musk has a strikingly resemblance to my friend

in terms of his appearance, I feel like he's somewhere on the cusp between elon musk and tom wlaschiha (jaqen h'ghar). I think he scored INTJ on the mbti test but I've never gotten him to take a socionics test. regardless I still think he fits the LIE profile better than he fits the ILI profile. I feel like LIE faces always look like they've got a rubber mask stretched over their skull, like their features are too tight against their face, like it's not their face, which has always creeped me out. anyway I just wanted to see if I was the only one who noticed the resemblance because, to me, it's uncanny, but it doesn't even stop there because after skimming a few elon musk interviews, the resemblance extends to their mannerisms, I was going to make a similar comparison between their choice of clothing but I feel like that could be better explained by their line of work since everybody's got a suit nowadays!
    lol wtf
    Last edited by imarite; 02-10-2018 at 05:54 PM.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@imarite haha I'm serious, they look like lizard-people to me, but could you remove the picture from the quote please?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@imarite haha I'm serious, they look like lizard-people to me, but could you remove the picture from the quote please?
    Sure np. done.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a billionaire now. He's not going to act like a normal person anymore. There are no barriers in life for him what-so-ever. Everyone looks to him as being a morally guided philanthropist.

Why should, could, or would he act like you or I anymore?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody should email him a link to a Socionics test and wait for his answer...

He'll put socionics on the Moon!

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...or Mars, and rename it to Marsocionics then.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Gulenko typed him LSI.

"Hard core beta manager"

https://translate.google.com/transla...n%2F%3Fid%3D42

Nikolai: In what cases, accentuations and subtypes can be confused by the Inspector (LSI) and the Seeker (ILE)?
    Victor Gulenko: Indeed, this sometimes this happens. This happens in cases when the Inspector (LSI) has fallen under the heavy influence of the Seeker (ILE). This happens because with a proper approach the auditor (supervisor) is able to instill his program into the supervisee. In this case, I-accentuation may occur. I will give an example of a famous person who falls under this rule - this is Elon Musk. At a distant distance, we see him through the image of the Innovator (ILE), but up close we have before us a hard-line Beta-type manager (LSI).

Looks like Gulenko mixes Russian and Ukranian together? Google translate performs sometimes better with Ukrainian.
    So did Gulenko type Musk as LSI-H?
    appears that way. I don't always agree with Gulenko's typings but reading up about him NT persona seems to be only an image.

Gulenko has summed up what's been happening to Elon Musk's typing. At a distant superficial glance he might have an NT image but zoom in up close and he's an ST manager at his core and not a LIE/ILE spacey inventor type. It seems like the media tries to portray him as such, and one has to get through that image to see the actual him.

His ex-wife Justine described Elon as confidently pursuing women and pressuring her to submit by stating that he's "the alpha" in their relationship, which falls in line with Beta ST "aggressor" type behavior. She sounded like LIE sx/so 1 in the article, Amber Heard is probably LSE sx/so, and his current girlfriend is IEI sp/sx, so Musk does go after EJ and Ni-ego type women.

Justine Musk: I was not the only woman he pursued, but even after he transferred to Wharton he kept sending roses. ... Still, there were warning signs. As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, "I am the alpha in this relationship." I shrugged it off, just as I would later shrug off signing the postnuptial agreement, but as time went on, I learned that he was serious.

http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/...-starter-wife/

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Gulenko's rationale behind his LSI typing of Elon Musk is just as questionable as the rationale behind my tentative VI typing of Elon Musk

who is the ILE that heavily influenced Elon Musk? I'll consider LSI for Elon Musk if Gulenko can name the ILE in question, otherwise I'm confused as to how he could've come to that conclusion. I assume it's somewhere in the transcript but the link only shows the portion that was quoted on this thread

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the involutionary program of LII (-BL1) often manifests itself in a stubborn desire to prove the opposite contrary to the obvious

gulenko has a bit of a contrarian streak in him, I like him most with his general theorizing not his little side games like Trump/Musk etc. He may very well be right that there's a place for those "typings" in his theory but its so forced its like he's throwing it up to make a point no one cares about and is dubious beyond the theoretical elements as to its plausibility as you point out (by this I mean in "real life" v a merely possible abstract picture). its almost like a Ne power play. weird

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gulenko's rationale behind his LSI typing of Elon Musk is just as questionable as the rationale behind my tentative VI typing of Elon Musk

who is the ILE that heavily influenced Elon Musk? I'll consider LSI for Elon Musk if Gulenko can name the ILE in question, otherwise I'm confused as to how he could've come to that conclusion. I assume it's somewhere in the transcript but the link only shows the portion that was quoted on this thread
    If you spend enough time in an environment then it will rub off on you. I don't think you have to be around one ILE, but around the ethos of 'inventors' for the ethos of those traits to rub off on you.

Personally, I think the supervisor connection is interesting. Gulenko is implying - it seems, that it's supervision impression that's imprinted on Elon Musk.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@at sirac son of sirac
    I understand what he's implying and I'm not denying that environment influences behavior. I'm saying that Gulenko's connection is incomplete unless he can explain how he came to that conclusion because right now it just looks like he's inventing fake data to support an unusual typing. otherwise I could easily nab that ad hoc theory for myself and assign unusual types to people without ever justifying my stance, which is exactly what Gulenko is doing by assuming that Elon Musk must've had heavy ILE influence throughout his life without ever pointing toward a potential ILE who could've filled that role. I'm referring to a specific person in Elon Musk's life who Gulenko has correctly typed as ILE. otherwise it's just a sloppy typing, although I'll give him a pass because it's Gulenko. I'm just surprised that it's being accepted with open arms, despite the fact that it's supported by nothing except "because I said so."

so maybe Gulenko is correct, but I can't accept that he's correct unless he elaborates on the "how" behind the "what". if it turns out that he's referred to this theory before then I'll give him slightly more credit, but I'd still expect him to explain why he's applying this to Elon Musk and not other public figures.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In socionics circles ILE is considered inventor of something much less concrete what Musk does. They are merely seeking theories or new stuff (backed up previously established methodology meaning Te>Ti and Einstein was no exception here pure combination and he very much needed some help in theoretical math realm). When it comes to Keirsey typical ENTP can easily be LIE or just anyone with drive to generate something new and tangible stuff.
    In fact Elon Musk and Steve Jobs are so called Keirsey ENTP's.

I would not say no to Musk's LSI typing, though. He seems bit static.

He definitely is valuer.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that interview reminds me of obama in a weird way, so maybe if hes LSI with Ne superpowers obama is the Fi version

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@at sirac son of sirac
    I understand what he's implying and I'm not denying that environment influences behavior. I'm saying that Gulenko's connection is incomplete unless he can explain how he came to that conclusion because right now it just looks like he's inventing fake data to support an unusual typing. otherwise I could easily nab that ad hoc theory for myself and assign unusual types to people without ever justifying my stance, which is exactly what Gulenko is doing by assuming that Elon Musk must've had heavy ILE influence throughout his life without ever pointing toward a potential ILE who could've filled that role. I'm referring to a specific person in Elon Musk's life who Gulenko has correctly typed as ILE. otherwise it's just a sloppy typing, although I'll give him a pass because it's Gulenko. I'm just surprised that it's being accepted with open arms, despite the fact that it's supported by nothing except "because I said so."

so maybe Gulenko is correct, but I can't accept that he's correct unless he elaborates on the "how" behind the "what". if it turns out that he's referred to this theory before then I'll give him slightly more credit, but I'd still expect him to explain why he's applying this to Elon Musk and not other public figures.

I don't care what Elon Musk's type is but lazily perhaps for me other people have done the work you ask for so I don't have to Once you get past the superficial behaviors and mannerisms you have a hard line manager who also fits the aggressor tendencies in romantic relations, as evidenced by other people's quotes in this thread, quoting people who have not just dated him, but married him. These seem like concrete reasons for the LSI typing to me, are they not?

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post

I don't care what Elon Musk's type is but lazily perhaps for me other people have done the work you ask for so I don't have to Once you get past the superficial behaviors and mannerisms you have a hard line manager who also fits the aggressor tendencies in romantic relations, as evidenced by other people's quotes in this thread, quoting people who have not just dated him, but married him. These seem like concrete reasons for the LSI typing to me, are they not?
    I'm not referring to their rationale, I'm referring to Gulenko's rationale. I'm aware that members have typed Elon Musk LSI for various other reasons, but I'm not critiquing those reasons. I am specifically critiquing Gulenko's half-baked explanation for typing Elon Musk LSI, which is unrelated to their rationale unless they're using it as justification for their own LSI typing, which most members aren't. I don't know what it is that you keep trying to explain to me here, but I didn't ask for it, nor do I need it, because it's not even referencing what I've said. I don't mean that offensively, but this isn't going anywhere.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Apparently people keep forgetting that LIEs have Se Hidden Agenda and are Pseudo-Aggressors, to be specific, the least 'victim' from all the 'victims'... Also, they usually have an 8 fix, so that is gonna show up in their interactions with others.

I find it dubious that someone with as much of a focus on and proficiency at business, innovation, and enterprise could be typed as Te Ignoring and Ne PoLR. It is entirely contradictory to the theory.

Furthermore, most Socionists seem to suck at typing celebrities, especially non-Russians.
    The only two people they got right are Elvis and ******, almost everyone else is being grossly mistyped.
    I saw Katy Perry being typed as ILE floating around somewhere...

*********** 21-04-19:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast