Thread: SLIs-ISTps do you relate to Delta Quadra values?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLIs-ISTps do you relate to Delta Quadra values?

The brief commonalities of the Delta Quadra is:
    The ensuring of a stable environment and a stable source of resources. This is the most conservative group, they value stability. They like high quality goods, and respect talented, uncommon people. The Delta Quadra's "age" is old age, due to their conservatism and wisdom.
    Does this not contradict the ISTp behavior in general?
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.- William Arthur Ward

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't see why it would. But I could see, for instance, how it would contradict the ISTj behavior in general.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ISTP=DELTA?

Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst
    The brief commonalities of the Delta Quadra is:
    The ensuring of a stable environment and a stable source of resources. This is the most conservative group, they value stability. They like high quality goods, and respect talented, uncommon people. The Delta Quadra's "age" is old age, due to their conservatism and wisdom.
    Does this not contradict the ISTp behavior in general?
    No. What about that seems contrary to ISTp to you?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me try this:

The ensuring of a stable environment and a stable source of resources. This is the most conservative group, they value stability.
    (& )

They like high quality goods, and respect talented, uncommon people.
    &

The only thing that might contradict a little with ISTp would be the emphasis on "stability", but only because it is not elaborated precisely enough so that it points to + .
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

I think it all depends on how one defines "stability" of the environment. If stability means just maintaining it the way you like it, that could mean anything, not necessarily being safe and averse to risk. I think ISTp might appreciate an emotionally stable environment where people aren't getting all emotional and pushy. I think people have a tendency to stereotype all ISTps as being crazy maniacs who need heavy doses of medication to stop being so reckless. I don't believe that is characteristic of a lot of ISTps.

I doubt if there is anything contradictory about ISTps liking high quality goods and unusual people.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    I think ISTp might appreciate an emotionally stable environment where people aren't getting all emotional and pushy.
    I think that's true. Growing up, that was something I desperately needed but never got. Instead, I had to put up with the emotional torment and the histerical everyday ramblings by my emotionally unstable ExFj mother. It was very stressful for me but no one seemed to notice or care about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bye