Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram 5 Houses.

For everyone's viewing pleasure.

-----------------------------------------------------

5w6:
    Conventional shapes, emphasis on a surrounding to blend into. Yet still, these houses are remote and difficult to access.
    Nothing flashy or intricated, simplicity is key. Endure extreme conditions. Neither overly expensive nor
    expansive.

-----------------------------------------------------

5w4:
    Bastions of exquisite character. Emphasis on originality in two ways: their materials are primordial, shapes are the ultimate expression of curious individuality.
    Subdued in color but bold statements of a very fine and unusual craft. Remote through both acute essence and distance.

(above: tree house with a mirror facade)

~ Instinctual subtypes x Enneagram 5 Houses post is coming soon ~
    Last edited by Chae; 07-26-2016 at 12:30 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm way more 5w6. Atmosphere and ambience is way more important than whatever the 5w4 is flaunting.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this an art hobby you could extend to other types perhaps?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

5w6 sp:
    A house made for shelter.

5w6 so:
    A house made for intellectual exchange.

5w6
    sx:
    A house made for investigation.

5w4 sp:
    A house made for retreat.

5w4 so:
    A house made for observation.

5w4
    sx
    :
    A house made for intimate privacy.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Croissants and Coffee View Post
    Is this an art hobby you could extend to other types perhaps?
    Yes! I created a new thread here, it covers the other enneagram types. It's a compressed version but essentially the same.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Croissants and Coffee View Post
    I'm way more 5w6. Atmosphere and ambience is way more important than whatever the 5w4 is flaunting.
    Yes, us 4-wings are guilty of trying a bit too hard sometimes. You are right, the surroundings matter a lot for a 5w6 because the 6 doesn't ask all these identity questions and does not feel that they lack something.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I like quite a few of the houses you have posted in both threads, even though I wouldn't live in all of them. I often visualize living in a cabin, in Alaska, (aurora borealis) with someone I love, away from other human beings... I know that practically it would not be something I could do. I need to have shops within a mile of me. I just like the look and feel of seclusion. I love being near a body of water too.

I liked the mirrored tree house since it is kind of camouflaged but I would have to see the interior because the exterior gives nothing away. I like the idea of having a glass ceiling, at night, so I can see the stars or northern lights. Snow would make that kind of impossible to have unless I was rich enough to pay for the best engineers and architects. I could live in a tree house but it would need a lift since I am not going to climb a ladder all the time.

Edit:

5w4 sx:
    A house made for intimate privacy.
    I think it's haunted. Ghosts = no privacy.

* I have lived in haunted houses.
    Last edited by Aylen; 07-26-2016 at 05:00 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I like quite a few of the houses you have posted in both threads, even though I wouldn't live in all of them. I often visualize living in a cabin, in Alaska, (aurora borealis) with someone I love, away from other human beings... I know that practically it would not be something I could do. I need to have shops within a mile of me. I just like the look and feel of seclusion. I love being near a body of water too.

I liked the mirrored tree house since it is kind of camouflaged but I would have to see the interior because the exterior gives nothing away. I like the idea of having a glass ceiling, at night, so I can see the stars or northern lights. Snow would make that kind of impossible to have unless I was rich enough to pay for the best engineers and architects. I could live in a tree house but it would need a lift since I am not going to climb a ladder all the time.

Edit:

I think it's haunted. Ghosts = no privacy.

* I have lived in haunted houses.

I feel you, the cabin scenario is an e4 thing. Something along those lines (Northern Lights Resort) seems charming:

Note the jacuzzi. There's even more space than just for a significant other so I guess that one would be 4w3 sx/so? Sp blind spot for every uncalculated risk out there. Yes, those are the houses that let you suffer and learn & this is what enneagram 4 is all about

The mirror house is of Swedish origin, the interior follows the respective tradition so I don't know...

True, Victorian houses can be menacing. For something cozy, convenient, safe and dreamy I recommend a Riad. Arabic architecture is always more interesting the more you get to the middle of the house so the patio/courtyard basically defines the home. A riad is the dream of every reclusive type (4,5,9). You got the water element as well:

(this one seems 2w3)

(terrific 9w8)

(9w1 I guess)

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa…
    the visceral response I have to looking at these is just otherworldly. Very beautiful. I find these locations so enthralling that I can’t help but feel I have been there an eternity.