TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Structuring reality and creating correct systems of thought

See my thread in GD.

Now, for LIIs, in structuring your system, you must live it, and as such reality is the crucible for the correctness.
    Following that process leads to well being.

comments?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's how our hidden agenda works.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Popsicles float upside down at noon?

In other words,
    why don't you expand upon that. What do you mean
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

For INTjs, following 'the process' is the entirety of one's existence - 'the process' determines how you live, and your experiences of life as a result of your actions lead on from that, continuing 'the process' still further. In a way, the path of a INTj is already predetermined, because they always follow the most logical path (or the most plausible path) - their ultimate goal in life is an extension of how they follow their life, 'the process' in principle.

INTjs implement their 'correct systems of thought' simply by living their lives healthily - the 'structuring reality' is a two-way process - they map out their internal 'reality' (the correct systems of thought) into external reality (to a INTj, the external + internal must be one and the same to be logically consistent) - to live healthily, the INTj explores both 'worlds' for contradictions and makes logical decisions (they live as they mean to go on) - doing this gives them more complete + more fulfilled etc. in both worlds.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, that is what I was going to say at some point

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Popsicles float upside down at noon?

In other words,
    why don't you expand upon that. What do you mean
    Yeah, sorry for being brief, it was something I intuited on the spot there.

You've got the INTj ego block transitions on one hand:
    Ne -> Ti - fueling the 'thought system' with more insights
    Ti -> Ne - explaining the thought system, or ruminating on it's implications
    And the conjunction with the Se function, which is less prefered:
    Ti -> Se - making firm assertions based on the thought system
    Se -> Ti - importing firm principles from reality into the system
    The creative art combo:
    Ni -> Ti - adding mathematical insight to the system
    Ti -> Ni - ruminate on dynamic implications, or envisioning the system in motion
    And, finally, the hidden agenda combinations:
    Ti -> Si - linking the system directly into an established dynamic (like 'life' or a social convention) and governing that dynamic with it
    Si -> Ti - refurnishing the system with what was learned from the established dynamics.

It seemed to me that your statement was the embodiment of the Ti->Si and Si->Ti transitions... (I'm using unconventional reasoning here, though).

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think at some point in a INTjs life, they realise that their internal rules controlling their system cannot be developed for the external world - being too vast and changing to follow a INTj's plan. But, to stay in their internal world would cause them to stagnate - to stay healthy, a INTj must follow their 'systems of thought' in both worlds, because this is the only way they can have a sense of a structured reality - in their own mind, and through following these principles in both worlds.

Not every INTj is a Robespierre (if he even was a INTj) - it's more important to have internal control for a INTj than external order - (though both would be nice...)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to really put forth the principles of validity and correct thought structure/reality is to live it.

I came across this quotation today:
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ
    They [the clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly; for I have sworn upon the altar of god, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. But this is all they have to fear from me: and enough, too, in their opinion.

-Thomas Jefferson to Dr. Benjamin Rush, Sept. 23, 1800

Very LII, and I am finding that is ultimately the way for me.
    The only thing someone has to worry about from me is lying and contrivance, of tainting the truth.

This is why it is hard for me to select what exactly I am to do with my life, because that certain objectivity I cannot honestly avoid.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--- and it would seem like the more unhealthy an LII becomes, the further away from that he strays....

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Very LII, and I am finding that is ultimately the way for me.
    The only thing someone has to worry about from me is lying and contrivance, of tainting the truth.

This is why it is hard for me to select what exactly I am to do with my life, because that certain objectivity I cannot honestly avoid.
    I certainly agree with this - I feel that my job is my life in general - it seems too contrived to have a ready-made job. INTjs can't all be Robespierres (not enough countries :wink: ). I do wonder how a INTj would feel near the end of their life though, if they hadn't achieved some universal truth - I suppose the establishing of a democracy, or preserving the environment for future generations, or helping on the road to these goals, would give them a sense of immortality.

Apparently, Jefferson frequently said he faced death without either hope or fear, which sounds like 'I mean to live my live as I mean to go on' - this way, you can't fail by your own expectations of your life - everything else follows on from that.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why it is a matter of living it.
    Contributing to some sort of institution that would promote those qualities would also be rewarding, I would imagine.

The bottom line is putting energy towards those principles and virtues in some way.

I don't think you have to be true Robispieere or true LII to take over a country... but approaching these matters with that same kind of enthusiasm is not a bad thing. Being involved in governmental systems or whatever to ensure the truth, or at least work towards it, is a good thing.

"Sincerity and Truthfulness"

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree, but INTjs tend to believe they are acting in everyone's best interest by being logically consistent (though obviously in their eyes ) - a INTj quest (their whole life) is an example by which everyone else should follow ('the quest for the validity'). I think INTjs, compared to ISTjs have trouble imposing their will on other people - it clashes with their and their social (in)capabilities etc.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    You've got the INTj ego block transitions on one hand:
    Ne -> Ti - fueling the 'thought system' with more insights
    Ti -> Ne - explaining the thought system, or ruminating on it's implications
    And the conjunction with the Se function, which is less prefered:
    Ti -> Se - making firm assertions based on the thought system
    Se -> Ti - importing firm principles from reality into the system

The creative art combo:
    Ni -> Ti - adding mathematical insight to the system
    Ti -> Ni - ruminate on dynamic implications, or envisioning the system in motion
    And, finally, the hidden agenda combinations:
    Ti -> Si - linking the system directly into an established dynamic (like 'life' or a social convention) and governing that dynamic with it
    Si -> Ti - refurnishing the system with what was learned from the established dynamics.

I don't think you necessarily have to "impose your will" on other people, but if you firmly represent your principles yourself, and make them in that regard, then that is just as effective.

Imposing your beliefs on others generally does not spread them, it just creates yielding, and gradually (or suddenly) builds resentment. Imposing beliefs cannot work, so there must be other ways. But they are not easy.

And this is where social handicaps come in, disadvantaging the INTj. However, I believe that overcoming those handicaps, in regard to what has been mentioned in this thread and especially directly above, is a major gateway to success as an LII. Being social in your own means - not ESE social mind you - but social enough to figure out how to communicate your beliefs in a manner that is more effective than imposing them.

That requires a study of human interaction, social customs, understanding of empathy and empathetic listening, and a sincere desire to know the condition of the other person. These things are not LII's natural inclination of course, yet I believe they are more a complete part of their entire existence... (and also a valuable connection to duality with an ESE).

I think it is easy to see how, in this way, the ESE and LII could benefit greatly from a relationship together.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider how the ESE deals with the LII..........

this is a good example of how to go about things without imposing your will. If the ESE imposed its will on the LII, there would be little ground for a relationship.

- Asking for help or advice
    - Doing something yourself and starting, modeling. (and then being open to others inputs/improvements)

These things are different from "imposing"

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I think it is easy to see how, in this way, the ESE and LII could benefit greatly from a relationship together.
    Rick's site has typed Nicole Kidman LII and Tom Cruise ESE. Mwahaha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick's site has typed Nicole Kidman LII and Tom Cruise ESE. Mwahaha.
    I can see that. After the split, Cruise became especially Scientologically crazy and Kidman still wishes that the relationship held, and there are some statements I have read that Kidman still greatly cares for Cruise.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can see it too, now . I think INTj for Kidman would be one of the last types I would have considered, but it makes sense. (I trust Rick's typings somewhat too).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of you should have your LII cards & licenses suspended for 4 months because you are so into celebrity gossip.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey INTjs,

what's your take on anarchy?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTjs on anarchy:
    We think it lets the pathological types get in control... widespread death and destruction follow.

Of course, the only real reason we have law is probably due to the pathological types.... Even Cain could be perceived as pathological, in that he did not understand that God appreciated Abel's offerings in love, not in ritualistic pseudo-think. (which pathological types tend to embrace because they estimate their reality....)

UDP:
    Read Descartes. Now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please comment on how you manifest your preference of over .
    ILI

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Hey INTjs,

what's your take on anarchy?
    It's amusing to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by vigilante
    Please comment on how you manifest your preference of over .
    Well when someone presents an idea or statement, the factuality or practicality of the idea is not as important as the logical integrity or potential of the idea itself.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box