Unlike many of their NT brothers and sisters, ENTPs are not detail oriented people and we learn in a very different way than pretty much everyone but our ENFP cousins.

We are conceptual learners. Rather than learn all the details of a topic, instead, I understand the concept behind it. I do not require details to understand a concept. I actually prefer not to have the details.

An example would be if you wanted me to learn division. Do not put a bunch of numbers in from of me, the formula, and expect me to learn through repetition. All that time you took is wasted when all you had to do is draw a picture of a circle and draw a line through it and say there, "that's division". Then show me the method on how to achieve it.

This is how EN*Ps learn. But from school to learning manuals, the world is not designed for the EN*P. We get frustrated because we know that this could be simplified so much for us and that the way we are often forced to learn is completely wrong for us.

When I was younger, I thought I might have a learning disability or something because of this. Now that I'm older I see its not a disability at all, just not the way the world is setup to function.

For most to understand concepts, you have to build them up to it with details. I'm the exact reverse. I also understand these concepts in such a deep way its what allows me to make "intuitive leaps" as I've heard it called.

For most of these intuitive leaps though, detail is actually not required. I see it, but it unerves some people. For some reason though, the INTjs seem to think its cool.

Then there comes to argument eventually, well what if you are wrong. Well, then I learn. Then I see where my thinking was faulty and try to ensure it doesn't happen again. Each time I'm wrong it increases my intuitive abilities quite a bit.

So to those who poo poo on ENTPs for spouting off their concepts (which may very well be wrong), realize that everytime you actually try to deter them from doing this rather than merely pointing out their error, you are actually hurting their growth.

I am only now, starting to realize just how powerful my intuitive abilities are. I would not know this if I didn't exercise and train them. ENTPs should be informed of their errors but encouraged in the use of their intuitive abilities.