Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your parent's types

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom is a clear cut ESE. I type my dad as LSI, but he really could be SLI.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    Mom is EIE-Ni, Dad is SLE-Ti
    How does it feel to be a Delta in a beta household?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is LSI (only second alternative typing is LSE, pretty sure he's a STj type).
    My mom is a SF, and probably a p type, most likely SEI.

But I haven't pondered about their types too much.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    Haha it's kinda ridiculous. Prior to learning about Socionics, I was convinced that I had gone through some kind of emotional neglect/abuse growing up. I still did (esp. with my dad), but it was interesting to discover that in many ways they just couldn't meet my needs.

My mom used me for emotional processing from a young age--she's very much of the mind that her children are her best friends, which isn't healthy for either party. That's how her mom has been with her. But her narcissistic tendencies are only exacerbated by that, and she's very sensitive so it's difficult to provide real feedback about this or anything else. One thing I remember distinctly was coming home from college for the first time and being so excited to see her and everyone else; I was so happy and verbally expressed this, but she wasn't nearly as excited. It may just have been one of her moods, but her not being willing to meet where I was at, despite the fact that I go along with her Fe needs and provide emotional support all the time, kinda crushed me. I often felt very "put-upon" as well--like being told to come listen to what happened with her family when I had my own emotional day at school.

My dad was very pushy about my sports performance as a kid, and the pressure he put on me and some of my siblings was a lot to deal with. He had/has severe anger issues in general too though, especially when challenged--and so he could really verbally unload on us. Also, this was more when I was a kid, but his Ti schedules and need for orderliness used to irk me a lot.

But growing up in a Beta household taught me all of the things I don't want to be as a parent. I never want to yell at someone ever again after having been screamed at so much for standing up to my dad as a teenager (in an Fi way when his Se would go way too far). My parents' super authoritarian nature makes me want to be as understanding as possible with others. Also, when I have kids, I want to be understanding of them as their own people, rather than extensions of myself. Especially when it comes to political and religious views, my parents take it as a severe threat that I don't totally line up with how they see politics (they have no idea the extent though), and would react the same way with how I see religion. But this just results in me not being able to share myself with them and a one-sided relationship, and I would hate if my kids felt the same way about me. Of course, most of these are traits that I think Deltas would want to avoid anyways, but when you experience those behaviors first-hand, it solidifies your desire to be a better person than that (imho).

I'm curious though, how has it been for you?
    Neither one of my parents was healthy even for betas. Dad especially has a lot of problems. You're right about the yelling thing, and the political and religious differences. I don't really want kids at all. Maybe that was due to my childhood, but maybe not. I gain satisfaction more from hobbies and personal interests. I don't feel like spending time and energy on kids.

It was really easy to piss them off. Could hardly speak without offending them. To me they always seemed like frustrated perfectionists too.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom: SEE-D
    Dad: LSI-N
    Supervision.

I also had very long relationships with LSIs.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom ESI-Fi, Dad EIE-Ni.

Mom's mom, ESI-Fi, Mom's dad EIE-Ni.

Dad's mom EIE-Ni, Dad's dad LSI-Se.

Dad's mom's mom Beta ST creative function subtype, Dad's mom's dad EIE-Ni.

I fucking HATE being the ethical subtype. The ESI-Se has it so much easier, can make tons of money without having to bust their ass, isn't anywhere near as OCD, is way more gentle and well-coordinated, doesn't require as much control, can have the relationships they want, have better Fi, Ti, Si, Ni, Ne, Se, and Fe, and is so much smarter and more original and more beautiful, isn't anywhere near as self-conscious nor as neurotic in any other way, not anywhere near as needy yet has better social skills anyway and can get out of what they don't want to do.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mother - SEI-Si
    Father: LSE-Si
    Sister: SEE-Se

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom is ILI-Te, I’m thinking dad is most likely SLI-Si. I didn’t grow up with him. They can’t interact without arguing, which can be comical but not really.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eiemo View Post
    Mother - SEI-Si
    Father: LSE-Si
    Sister: SEE-Se
    I am rethinking their types at the moment... I don't think that I typed ANY of them correctly, LOL.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dad - ILI-Te
    Mom - ESE-Si

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Aww you got mine right <3
    I forgive u for the creepiness because I believe u were genuinely motivated by Science

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    My parents humoured me by independently taking tests to find their socionics type.

mother - ESI
    father - LSE

The typings seem correct. Many moons ago we took the MBTI test and scored ISTJ ... !
    How do they get along?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Dad - ILI-Te
    Mom - ESE-Si
    Is this relation the source of cream pie comedies?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Dad - ILI-Te
    Mom - ESE-Si
    Ouch. my mom is ILI-Te and I was raised by her and my ESE-Fe grandma. in theory the subtypes of your parents make them more compatible, but man, conflict is often UGLY when they live together.

on another note, i see ILIs gravitating toward ESEs very often, more often than other conflictor pairs. I wonder why this is.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Ouch. my mom is ILI-Te and I was raised by her and my ESE-Fe grandma. in theory the subtypes of your parents make them more compatible, but man, conflict is often UGLY when they live together.

on another note, i see ILIs gravitating toward ESEs very often, more often than other conflictor pairs. I wonder why this is.
    My dad chose my mom believing she'd help look after my grandma (his mother) in her old age & also that my mom would support him (my dad) while he got his business started.

My dad's polr is Fe, his DS is Se. My mom's strong in both. Not gonna bad-mouth my parents, I'll just recommend people use wisdom when choosing a partner

Appreciate you sharing your personal story, btw

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My ILI brother just married an ESE (his second marriage)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    ILI-SEI

im not really attached to either of them
    what has your experience been having a beneficiary as a parent?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI mom, ILE dad. Due to my mom’s Fi HA/excessive boundary setting they haven’t spoken in like 20 years lol.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    ILI mom, ILE dad. Due to my mom’s Fi HA/excessive boundary setting they haven’t spoken in like 20 years lol.
    this is an interesting one, a dual parent and a superego parent. what was that like for you? did you get along with your dad better than your mom?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is an interesting one, a dual parent and a superego parent. what was that like for you? did you get along with your dad better than your mom?
    It’s not really a fair comparison since my mom did most of the child raising.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    ILI-SEI
    It's the most rare IR to make stable pairs and hence low possible.
    I recommend to give them not a long test to get other possible types. One dichotomy may change IR to positive/neutral what has more chance to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    SLI mother, most likely IEI father. You can guess what happened.
    what happened: they wanted to born you so much that ignored Socionics
    [types mb other easily]

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    ew... you should understand that the chance of a mistake is higher when you suppose so bad IR of people who agree to marry. if they'll stay for >5 years without clear emotional or relations problems - the mistake is almost not doubtful

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Is this relation the source of cream pie comedies?
    The experience of very good and very bad IR in significant feelings is among reasons of the interest to Socionics. In my case, for example.
    Comedies should be inspired by good IR. while bad IR may be behind horror genre stories.
    Last edited by Sol; 05-26-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom = INFP 4w5 sp/sx, very thoughtful, restored in peace, banquets of random musing and exciting threads of branching off, silent, polarized, conflicted, much tension between desires, very self aware
    Dad = ENTP 3w4, active, adventurous, curious, explorative, controlling, shape shifting, drama, feeling, interrogation, work oriented
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123