TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "typing someone whose name I cannot post "

(yet)

Who is more interested in history, INTj, INTp, ISTp?
    We'll start from there...

(this will probably evolve like a slow, unfolding mystery ... though that is not my direct intention)

PS: this is not about me, I'm serious.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on the way they're interested in history. ISTj comes to mind, but obviously a lot of other types are interested in history.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This personseems to be very focused on historical, cultural facts. People, and history. Doesn't really come across as INTj, but I'm not sure. We are relatively similar, but I'm not sure if the same type or not.

Any questions you want me to answer I will do, what I can.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm... it might be useful to get some general information about the person...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like history, I like getting a good sense of the order in which events happened (they don't really teach it this way in school) and I really like cultural facts.

Too many history books are very dry which is unfortunate

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that out of the types you've metioned, INTp is the most likely to be interested, based only on fucntional arrangment.

Personally, I like history, but mostly the last century, since I don't feel like remote events have any influence right now. I'm very good at memorizing dates and crap even if I deeply dislike doing it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I am pretty interested in History, and I am ESTp. Who knew?!?!
    that makes perfect sense. I think when it comes to recent history (like the past couple of centuries), Se and Ti are very likely to take interest.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely IN.
    (though, MAYBE istp... probably not, though)

Lazy,
    sloppy dorm room, from what I've seen. But then again most college kids are, so I odn't know. I think I'm more organized than most

Uh.....

Probably INT, as per lack of showering...
    seems INTj in terms of how he generalizes and catagorizes people. Into stereotypes. But also, into religion to some effect, though more or less 'agnostic'. Someone who can philosophically hold his own with me, which is nice and refreshing.

Not athletic, but skinny and lankey.

Has "j" type emotional outburts, such as hysterical laughing about something that is funny. Tight, rigid emotions, as opposed to smooth and even flowing. Somewhat jerky, now that I think of it, in certain forms of speech and excitedness.

He might be a very intuitive subtype INTj, in the very, very classic sense, in that he isn't aware of himself, or socionics. I am considering showing him this site, but haven't yet. We'll see.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that ENTjs i know in real life like history.

I liked it in high school, I really cannot stand it since then. I think I might have liked it in high school because of the political aspect and ways of life that were being presented. Also, its generally a learning time when youre a teenager. When you get older its less of a factor to explore (for yourself).

Does the person like trying to grasp the various possible meanings behind the various movements and causes in history, like reflecting deeper on the unstated value systems and philosophies which drove historical events, or is this person merely interested in memorizing the dry facts without going into much interpretation of them?

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj or ENTj

The one INTj I know ADORES history... you'd be scared how much he knew!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    INTj or ENTj

The one INTj I know ADORES history... you'd be scared how much he knew!
    I do not adore history. I respect it, but I would never ever want a job or to spend time rehashing old stuff. Other people seem to want to do that plenty, and it's just not for me.

or is this person merely interested in memorizing the dry facts without going into much interpretation of them?
    That's kind of how it seems...... TO ME. I don't know how generally society would consider his level of depth. They would probably say he's pretty deep, but to me it just seems like he's looking at the facts and not really considering anything about them, which is one of the areas where we sort of conflict. But it could just be that we are both on different levels of the same situation. I am not so sure.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are ENTjs really as reserved as I am?

It is not uncommon for both of us to spend m ost of our time in our dorm rooms, on computers, on lazy days anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I am pretty interested in History, and I am ESTp. Who knew?!?!
    that makes perfect sense. I think when it comes to recent history (like the past couple of centuries), Se and Ti are very likely to take interest.

Actually, I really don't care about recent history. I like really, really ancient history instead. That includes prehistory.
    I do too