Thread: Delta hedonism

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta hedonism

I mean "hedonism" in the sense of "the pursuit of pleasure; sensual self-indulgence."

I'm looking for ideas and solidarity.

How do you indulge? How would you like to? Better yet, how should I?

Here are some of mine:
    1. Treating myself to massages at the chiropractic school with my sister
    2. Some of my favorite cider
    3. Breakfast: scrambled eggs, a piece of fruit, a cup of hot green tea, a slice of cinnamon raisin toast and either calm music or a RadioLab podcast
    4. Watching Dr. Who or Father Brown with my mother while we eat a simple dinner prepared by the two of us
    5. Picnicking with friends while watching Shakespeare in the Park on a pleasant summer day
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If I was free of all worldly worry, I would spend much of my time travelling visiting historic places (at least until it is possible to visit places in historic times) and hiking, always on days that are not excessively hot, and would read books in tearooms indulging in various cakes.

(is that the Father Brown with Mark Williams? I rather liked that).

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    If I was free of all worldly worry, I would spend much of my time travelling visiting historic places (at least until it is possible to visit places in historic times) and hiking, always on days that are not excessively hot, and would read books in tearooms indulging in various cakes.
    I much approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post

(is that the Father Brown with Mark Williams? I rather liked that).

(Yes, it is! I tracked down the even older TV version, but Mark Williams does so well. I discovered the character because I was curious about G. K. Chesterton, who has some quotes I like.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love just one food at a time. Like kicks. I don't think I'm a hedonist in the true sense as in pleasure isn't the driving force and I don't live to pursue pleasure. I just like a few things like ice cream and really love coffee.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of sensual indulgence...
    I take pleasure in sitting out on my driveway staring up at the night sky while listening to peaceful ballads. Always works for me. Especially if you have your favorite mug with a beverage of any kind.
    I also take walks with no set path in mind as long as I have a general idea of where my home is. Headphones definitely a must. Lana Del Rey is my go-to in these situations.
    I write whatever comes to my mind in my journal while I'm sitting in a cafe or coffee shop of any kind, namely around noon.
    I listen to instrumentals of unknown artists depending on my mood.

Hot chocolate and lemonade are wonderful at keeping me attuned in the present environment. Dunno why, it's these two that really make me feel peaceful. <3

And the best one? Going to Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey at 3 am and walking alongside the docks, listening to the sounds of the waves in quiet solitude while playing 'Never An Absolution' composed by James Horner. Especially when you go down by the water and letting that cold salty water take you away into a world of your own.That beats every pleasure in this world for me. That is a sense of belonging. <3

This is how I indulge.

Yeah. I love Pokémon.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Massage, sex, wine and travels. But mainly travels. And sex.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep sex cuddles chocolate with red wine petting pets music (playing/listening) goofing

preferably all at the same time at the same couch

edit: the delta rationals around me prefer "high brow" hedonism like classical music and historical hikes/tours. Some of the irrationals (myself included) seem to be happy to roll around in our own filth while looking like dorky pigs ^^

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On warm summer evenings (rare in my country), after sunset, I bring out my 70ties style colored incandescent bulbs, hang them up, plug them in, get a bottle of Liqor 43 and an oversized brandy glass out and sit down till 2 AM slowly getting tipsy.

I actually have plans to add a black light poster of a well endowed African tribal woman, complete with black light tube.

Obviously my senses are not easily stimulated....
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

outside of other things that you know of minde,

drives or just being outside at sunset

decadent baths

timelessness
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horse riding and working with horses in general. Makes me feel in the moment, grounded in a good way, and usually guarantees a huge endorphin boost.
    Skiing. I think windsurfing would feel amazing but I've never got around to try it. Guess I really enjoy feeling the speed with my whole body.
    Green tea and occasionally yerba mate make me extremely happy, also good quality bed linen with extra fluffy duvets and pillows, comfortable beds, and bad weather.
    Dancing in stroboscopic lights and thick white fumes and excessive ventilation to cold wave or gothic or sometimes synthpop music. There was one club in my city that used to deliver.
    Esthetically pleasing men (by my subjective judgment), foot rubs and... enough said. These should probably make the top of the list.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mallan View Post
    And the best one? Going to Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey at 3 am and walking alongside the docks, listening to the sounds of the waves in quiet solitude while playing 'Never An Absolution' composed by James Horner. Especially when you go down by the water and letting that cold salty water take you away into a world of your own.That beats every pleasure in this world for me. That is a sense of belonging. <3

This is how I indulge.
    That sounds awesome. Something about sandy beaches and waves at sunset/sunrise, music wafting through the air dancing with the sound of the waves... bliss.

I'd also love to go travelling, south America, especially Machu Pichu and the valley of the ancients... lifelong recurring daydream. I love visiting ancient ruins. I went to Rome las year and it was amazing, I could have spent a couple of moths there with all the archaeology. I was fascinated that there are so many underground tunnels and mines and layers upon layers of history.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type of hedonism I find the most appealing is the one that has an aspect of productivity to it. Being productive while being self-indulgent feels very gratifying and really puts me at ease. Even if being productive just means developing an interpersonal bond, or learning new things.... any enjoyable activity that has an attribute of novelty as it's integral part or can be seen as "making progress" qualifies, basically.
    Last edited by Park; 06-27-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    The type of hedonism I find the most appealing is the one that has an aspect of productivity to it. Being productive while being self-indulgent feels very gratifying and really puts me at ease. Even if being productive just means developing an interpersonal bond, or learning new things.... any enjoyable activity that has an attribute of novelty as it's integral part or can be seen as "making progress" qualifies, basically.
    I'm trying to combine things with sensory pleasure while reading this but all I get is a really hilarious picture, which I hesitate to share

brushing teeth while ....nevermind
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I find it very hard to relax and enjoy these things. I think i would be happier if someone introduced it to me and teached me how to

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not much of an hedonist, at least not when I'm on my own. I tend to appreciate the idea of pleasure more than the feeling itself, because of its fleeting nature that you never seem to grasp. With people that I appreciate though, I enjoy much more my time, despite being still unsatisfied with how short lasting it is.
    The gardener is but a dream of the garden.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean, something like this:

Okay, this video being in German with Dutch subtitles probably isn't very helpful....
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gorging guiltlessly upon dozens of croissants and, naturally, a steaming brew of kona coffee, sitting at a table with friends and sharing the excitement taking place in our lives. Or alone in bed. I'd be happy with either.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indulgence feels best as a reward after a lot of hard work.

otherwise it seems trivial and I can't really relax or enjoy it

it also helps if things, in a longer term sense, are set in the right path. . . .
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    it also helps if things, in a longer term sense, are set in the right path. . . .
    This.

Just knowing/seeing that things are headed in the right direction, worries go down and it becomes a lot easier to give into the present moment.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am w you on this

As an example, when I paint or draw, I like to listen to a book on tape or lecture so I'm relaxing, creating, and learning at the same time.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Croissants and Coffee View Post
    Gorging guiltlessly upon dozens of croissants and, naturally, a steaming brew of kona coffee, sitting at a table with friends and sharing the excitement taking place in our lives. Or alone in bed. I'd be happy with either.
    What method is being used to brew this coffee? Whether you are my soul mate or not hinges on your answer.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morose View Post
    What method is being used to brew this coffee? Whether you are my soul mate or not hinges on your answer.
    Lmao
    I'll take a shot at this I use free standing drop either chemex or bodum except I made it myself and saved $40.
    -

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Lmao
    I'll take a shot at this I use free standing drop either chemex or bodum except I made it myself and saved $40.
    Very clever. Are you satisfied with the coffee it produces?

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

rich curries (rich anything), freshly cut flowers, new books, drinking herbal/floral things from chunky glass cups, a warm dog on the lap, walking barefoot on a beach, nakedness, sprawling, spooning, complete slothery once your muscles are tired and achey = blissful.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    rich curries (rich anything), freshly cut flowers, new books, drinking herbal/floral things from chunky glass cups, a warm dog on the lap, walking barefoot on a beach, nakedness, sprawling, spooning, complete slothery once your muscles are tired and achey = blissful.
    please hedonize me
    -

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    please hedonize me
    opening up some salted caramel ice cream (organic) as we speak!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    opening up some salted caramel ice cream (organic) as we speak!
    -

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1. Brewing myself a cup of green tea.

2. Cooking things for moi, pasta salad being my favorite

3. I'm always joking around with it but I do crochet and knit. I make clothes & little presents for others.

4. Treating myself to a K-Pop idol marathon where I just watch ASMR things like this:

Yes. YES. Bite into it. EAT! EAT!!!!

5. Reading or watching something spiritual.

6. Cleaning my room.

7. Chill inside.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not really a Delta thing. Alphas are much more hedonistic.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Snuggling on the couch with my puppy and a fuzzy blanket,

-ordering blackened chicken alfredo with fried jalapeńo bottle caps from a local restaurant on our Main Street,

-walking hand in hand down the street with my husband to the local coffee shop for a pastry and something warm and delicious,

-taking a walk with my dog to the lake for some fetch and swim,

-playing a vinyl record while cooking a new and extravagant recipe,

-pouring a strong cup of coffee and collapsing into my favorite chair to read my Bible,

-finding a new and interesting documentary to watch.

These are some some of my favorite special treats! I have to wonder if all the quadras are a bit hedonistic, just in their own ways. My Beta friend once asked if I wanted to join her for a pedicure. I told her I wouldn't pay someone to touch my feet. She gave me the "I should've known" shoulder shrug, but then I realized it might have sounded rude, but that I'd just rather spend that kind of money on something else, like a meal. (Also, I strangely don't like people touching my feet)

I suppose much of my hedonistic tendencies are based in relaxation, comfort, family, faith, and the pursuit of new knowledge. It'd be interesting to catalogue as we all list ours
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type as an IEI, but I'm definitely a huge hedonist so I want to participate in this thread as well.

1. I love drinking craft beer and testing new types of beer.
    2. I love red wine and small wineries with intimate atmosphere.
    3. Stylish and hipster looking cafeterias. I hate starbucks or Pret and all those huge chains, but I love private small spaces where they know how to work with the coffee beans.
    4. Small art galleries and undreground music clubs.
    5. Listening to music the whole day, playing the instruments with my friends.
    6. Meeting with friends in our favourite clubs and pubs. Drinking good beer and just talking about whatever interests us.
    7. Binge watching netflix.
    8. Cool, slow mornings when you can take 2 hours to get ready.
    9. Watching fashion and styling out my clothes.
    10. Trying out new exotic foods in exotic restaurants or cooking them home.
    11. Tea bars with pillows instead of chairs, water pipes and desk games

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hunch says: Hedonism in IEI (or ILI) might be an aspect of their Se duality seeking function.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    My hunch says: Hedonism in IEI (or ILI) might be an aspect of their Se duality seeking function.
    Not according to socionics. It related to Si valuing > Se. Pleasure seeking is linked to Se in MBTI.

Introverted sensing is an irrational, introverted, and dynamic information element. It is also referred to as Si, S, experiential sensing, or white sensing. Si is associated with the ability to internalize sensations and to experience them in full detail. Si focuses on tangible, direct (external) connections (introverted) between processes (dynamic) happening in one time, i.e. the physical, sensual experience of interactions between objects. This leads to an awareness of internal tangible physical states and how various physical fluctuations or substances are directly transferred between objects, such as motion, temperature, or dirtiness. The awareness of these tangible physical processes consequently leads to an awareness of health, or an optimum balance with one's environment. The individual physical reaction to concrete surroundings is main way we perceive and define aesthetics, comfort, convenience, and pleasure.

In contrast to extroverted sensing (Se), is related to following one's own needs instead of focusing on some externally-driven conception of what is necessary to acquire or achieve. So, whereas Se ego types feel capable to evaluate how justified others' preferences are, Si ego types will try to adjust to them in any way possible (given that it does not extremely affect their own comfort), wishing to minimize conflict. In contrast to introverted intuition (Ni), Si is about direct interaction and unity (or discord) with one's surroundings, rather than abstract process and causal links.

Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals. They like to believe that if activities are done with enjoyment, people will give them more effort and time, and also becoming more skilled at what they are doing in the long run. They believe that goals should suit people's intrinsic needs rather than shaped by the demands and constraints of the external world, and so do not try to force others into doing things they don't want to do. They also try to be easygoing and pleasant, preferring peaceful coexistence to conflict, except when their personal well-being or comfort is directly at stake.

Si as Creative Function

The individual is naturally good at organizing relaxing activities and recreation and making sure people are calm and enjoying themselves, but displays this behavior and skill when he sees a specific need for it rather than doing it automatically, all the time. The individual does not place emphasis on being calm and balanced all the time, as opposed to those with Si as a leading function.

The individual is attuned to people's tastes and personal preferences and likes to do things for or give things to friends and family members that will cause them to enjoy themselves and gain pleasure. For example, creating a comfortable, clean, and spacious setting in the home, taking them out to do something they enjoy, or finding opportunities and people with whom they can pursue their hobbies.

Si as Role Function

The individual dislikes it when others emphasize the need for relaxation, enjoyment, and activities that are supposed to bring these about, because what they need internally is just the opposite — a need for action and resolve. Rather than spend their time trying to "listen to what their body is telling them," they need to have clear external demands that are able to overcome their sense of uncertainty and hesitation.
    I have an IEE friend who recently decided she wanted more comfort and ease in her life and started seeking someone to bring more pleasure into her life. She also started making videos on it. My ESE sister is pretty indulgent too but not as a way of life. They both have 7s in their tritype. I suppose if an IEI has a 7 in their tritype it is possible they are more pleasure seeking but most likely wouldn't be extreme or choose it as a way of life for long. I don't know about 4w3 since I self type 4w5 and can live for long periods of time with brief moments of pleasure in my life. It doesn't mean I don't experience something just as great but different. It just isn't a physical thing, usually. I do like my memory foam mattress though and all my tech toys around me.

1,2,3 behaviors are attention/acceptance seeking behaviors (social security). 7,8,9 behaviors are pleasure seeking behaviors (physical security). 4,5,6 are knowledge seeking behaviors (intellectual security). However, type 4 behavior is about seeking the knowledge of how to get attention and type 6 behavior is about seeking the knowledge of how to get pleasure. Now, no test or test taker is perfect but if your score is accurate then your results reflect two things. Who you try to be consciously (main type) and who you are unconciously (mean type/variant). Each of those reflects an orientation towards acceptance (1-3), pleasure (7-9), or knowledge (4-6). Only Type 5 is directly focused on gaining knowledge, all other types (main or mean) have some level of bias towards prioritizing acceptance or pleasure. At the heart of acceptance seeking behaviors is the belief that if I am attractive in some way, I will be taken care of. This results in superficial development. The problem with a pleasure bias is that it makes you more likely to be selfish and destructive because your short term pleasure is all you are tuned in on. You don't notice or care about the displeasure you might cause others or the long term pain you might be setting yourself up for. Acceptance and pleasure seeking behaviors keep people dependent. Knowledge seeking behaviors are about increasing independence, learning new and better ways to survive in life without conforming to others or taking advantage of others.

http://similarminds.com/info.html

Hedonism is the philosophy that pleasure is the most important pursuit of mankind, and the only thing that is good for an individual. Hedonists, therefore, strive to maximise their total pleasure (the net of any pleasure less any pain or suffering). They believe that pleasure is the only good in life, and pain is the only evil, and our life's goal should be to maximize pleasure and minimize pain.
    Psychological Hedonism is the view that humans are psychologically constructed in such a way that we exclusively desire pleasure. Ethical Hedonism, on the other hand, is the view that our fundamental moral obligation is to maximize pleasure or happiness. It is the normative claim that we should always act so as to produce our own pleasure.

Hedonism usually pre-supposes an individualist stance, and is associated with Egoism (the claim that individuals should always seek their own good in all things). Epicureanism is a more moderate approach (which still seeks to maximize happiness, but which defines happiness more as a state of tranquillity than pleasure). A similar but more altruistic approach results in Utilitarianism, the position that the moral worth of any action is determined by its contribution to overall utility in maximizing happiness or pleasure as summed among all people.

The Paradox of Hedonism (also called the Pleasure Paradox), points out that pleasure and happiness are strange phenomenathat do not obey normal principles, in that they cannot be acquired directly, only indirectly and we often fail to attain pleasures if we deliberately seek them.

The term "hedonism" is derived from the Greek "hedone" meaning simply "pleasure". In common language, Hedonism has come to mean devotion to pleasure as a way of life, especially to the pleasures of the senses, and is synonymous with sensualism, libertinism, debauchery and dissipation.

http://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_hedonism.html
    Hedonism as a philosophy on life sounds exhausting to me. Personally I can only experience physical pleasure when Ni is turned off, so not my natural state. Of course IEI can enjoy food, drugs and/or alcohol but I don't know if pleasure is the motivating factor for most. It isn't for the ones I know well. Those abusing substances or food often have deeper issues involved and they are not hedonistic by nature.

I do have a love of beauty but I do not consider it hedonistic. It is more like a sense of awe and inspiration. Often an emotional thing for me. Sometimes even beyond anything physical or emotional. I guess a strong psychological influence.

*experiences may vary so I am only going by my own and the people I know of that type who have expressed a similar idea to me.

Edit: I kind of have to retract on my sister not choosing hedonism as a way of life since she takes more vacations in one year than I have taken in my whole lifetime. She and her wife (SLE) are pretty indulgent and love having fun and friends around all the time. I would say their lifestyle is more hedonistic in nature. Food, friends, fun, drinks and lots of vacations.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    It related to Si valuing > Se.
    In wide sense all functions may to give the pleasure in similar degree. It can to be not only from physical S stuff.
    In Socionics pleasure seeking relates mostly to 4 valued functions.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Not according to socionics. It related to Si valuing > Se. Pleasure seeking is linked to Se in MBTI.
    Ok, I don't insist on that my hunch is always correct.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hedonistic pleasures- Oooh Getting drunk on my couch with my SO and talking about everything and then having sex. Binge watching Netflix while cuddled up in each other, preferably naked and after having great sex. Eating wonderful food that tastes so good you can't have enough of it, then getting too full to get off the couch and end up cuddled in each other while watching something interesting. Good music. Preferably loud. I used to smoke as a hedonistic pleasure, but stopped because of the health risks. Used to dabble in weed too but stopped because I wasn't doing anything productive with my time. Alcohol has worthily filled that void Sleep, preferably cuddled up with my SO after sex. If I were to rate them first would be sex, really really good food, TV shows, drunkenness(coupled with great loud music) and sleep. The constant would be an SO. The alternative would be a very close friend, but the above would be experienced with reduced intensity.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me hedonism is macaroni cheese, in warm fluffy pyjamas early with a hot drink in bed and watching a sitcom/tv series or reading a book, wearing a new dress that I feel pretty in and taking time to properly do my hair and makeup (not often but when I do I enjoy playing music to get ready to), having more than a couple chocolate belgium sea-shells ‘Gulian’ brand

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hedonism can also be...reading a good short story that’s both fantastical yet romantic, ‘lemony’ with adventure. Daydreams about trips away, alternative realities where I’m mingling with characters from fictional worlds I’ve read about

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FlutteringShyxx What's an Ne-ko subtype?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    @FlutteringShyxx What's an Ne-ko subtype?

Oh it isnt meant to be serious. Neko is Japanese for Cat Girl. I like cats and would love to be part cat lol. I consider myself Ne subtype of EII (as opposed to a Fi subtype) but added ‘ko at the end to, well I guess make myself and my type sound more unique and cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast