TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fresh meat View Post
    Dear n4,

How do you distinguish issues with relationships from Fi PoLR? Because I have what would be labeled as Fi PoLR problems (offending people without trying, issues in maintaining relationships, troubles getting close, etc.) but I’m not SLE and definitely not ILE.

Thanks, your local retard
    I don’t think you have to be that “good at” your stronger functions all the time. I am not that great at math all the time. But I think if you value it, you’ll think you SHOULD be good at it and feel shitty because of that. While if it’s your polr, I think it’s like an extra tool you don’t think you SHOULD be good at necessarily, and so when you are anyway it’s a plus.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vvitch View Post
    How does one stop being a jealous lover?
    Get what you want and don’t have yet

TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I don’t think you have to be that “good at” your stronger functions all the time. I am not that great at math all the time. But I think if you value it, you’ll think you SHOULD be good at it and feel shitty because of that. While if it’s your polr, I think it’s like an extra tool you don’t think you SHOULD be good at necessarily, and so when you are anyway it’s a plus.
    Hmm, this is actually a really good and accurate way of looking at it.*

*I’m still typologically confused (I guess that’s better than being sexually confused? ) but this will definitely help put the nail in the coffin
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Since SLE wants to wrestle with ethical dilemmas Let's bring in the BABY HITLER.
    Measuring you right now

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Since SLE wants to wrestle with ethical dilemmas Let's bring in the BABY HITLER.
    Idk how I feel about tampering with history. Mb this is more to do with my Ni valuing. If it really would seem to have a positive effect long term then maybe I’d put that stuff people who legally commit suicide in Nordic countries use for it in his bottle.

Lol. Do you not like ethical dilemmas and what would you do?

a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol. Do you not like ethical dilemmas and what would you do?
    I think he just needed proper education and with time travel that would be fixable. Although conducting one little operation to Hitler's father ejaculatory functioning while he is in sleep should be even easier.
    Measuring you right now

TIM
    SLI-Si 9w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    All topics are welcome, but less open-ended ones are preferred.

(New!) You can listen to this while you wait for your inquiries to be processed:

How’d you find socionics and why are you here instead of conquering the world?

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    How’d you find socionics and why are you here instead of conquering the world?
    I’ve been interested in personality theory since I was a child/preteen and have been on personality forums for many many years, where I started with the enneagram, Big 5 and MBTI/JCF. I came across socionics when I was younger too but I dismissed it at the time because it just seemed like a weird cult version of MBTI and mostly the same thing anyway (actually it more or less still is IMO lol). I got into this stuff because I had family issues and wanted to find ways to understand people (and myself) and to solve them, and I’ve always been interested in differences and patterns between people’s personalities too.

When I was in middle/high school, I felt like I wasn’t able to do much and I was around a lot of sheltered, boring kids and adults, so I turned to the internet to socialize and entertain myself late at night after school. I went on IRC chats. This was a long time ago though.

I sort of am out conquering the world too atm though lol, like possibly more than anyone you’ve known. Everyone gets some downtime though.

TIM
    SLI-Si 9w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been interested in personality theory since I was a child/preteen and have been on personality forums for many many years, where I started with the enneagram, Big 5 and MBTI/JCF. I came across socionics when I was younger too but I dismissed it at the time because it just seemed like a weird cult version of MBTI and mostly the same thing anyway (actually it more or less still is IMO lol). I got into this stuff because I had family issues and wanted to find ways to understand people (and myself) and to solve them, and I’ve always been interested in differences and patterns between people’s personalities too.

When I was in middle/high school, I felt like I wasn’t able to do much and I was around a lot of sheltered, boring kids and adults, so I turned to the internet to socialize and entertain myself late at night after school. I went on IRC chats. This was a long time ago though.

I sort of am out conquering the world too atm though lol, like possibly more than anyone you’ve known. Everyone gets some downtime though.
    Thanks for the reply. More than anyone I know? Do tell.
    I can't take this anymore
    And I'm almost pretty sure
    I've been here before

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you type in MBTI?

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    How did you type in MBTI?
    I can’t remember what I got when I was a kid. It could have been from ENxx to INxx, but I was a lot more introvert-like when I was smaller. When I was 13-16 I typed as ENxP, eventually leaning ENFP, although once when I first took Dario Nardi’s Keys2Cognition JCF test when I was 14, I got ESTP. Then when I had depression around 16-17 I would score INFJ, ISFP. Then I would score as, and typed at ENFJ at 17+ with some confusion when I got into the Jungian cognitive functions, and participated in “INFJs” communities a lot because I realized I liked them. Around that same time, an IEI counselor I had in irl typed me ISTP with her loose knowledge of MBTI. Then a member who I’m pretty sure is IEI reached out to me on a forum introducing socionics to me and saying I might be SLE in socionics, and I looked into it finally as well as the rest of socionics, read Beskova’s SLE female description and a few other socionics and MBTI ones on ESTp, and I felt like everything fell in place finally for me.

TIM
    INFp-Fe-D
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bored. Ask me anything.
    Do you know many fe creas irl?

From what you’ve experienced how would you describe the fe crea / ti crea dynamic?

I’m not asking about your preferences or anything like that. I just wonder what you think the dialog between these 2 fonctions is all about.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    Do you know many fe creas irl?

From what you’ve experienced how would you describe the fe crea / ti crea dynamic?

I’m not asking about your preferences or anything like that. I just wonder what you think the dialog between these 2 fonctions is all about.
    I think it’s easier to try to understand it by categorizing them as “businesslike-sincere”, “irrational” interactions, under socionics categories. So basically, pretty fluid interactions with easy dissolving and coming back together, and helping each other or sharing experiences and advice with relatively level emotions— contrasted with the “passionate-coldblooded”, and “rational” interactions.

Not sure what you mean by dialogue but I have some coworkers (1 SEI, 1 IEI, 1 ILE) I see about twice a week and we all interact, so I can share some light examples maybe. These are all positive relationships. We always try to help each other and cheer each other up. Sometimes the IEI and I tease each other a bit and talk about the work hierarchy a lot. ILE and SEI get into philosophical discussions easily.

TIM
    IEE-Fi-H, E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great song

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    All topics are welcome, but less open-ended ones are preferred.

(New!) You can listen to this while you wait for your inquiries to be processed:

"I am my own muse. I am the subject I know best, the subject I want to know better."
    4 core, sx/so slight sx bend, xNFp Melancholic, Negotiator, Explorer

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bored. Ask me anything.
    Do you think you're SLE-Se or SLE-Ti, and what's your enneagram?

What's the inside of your head like?
    ie Do you see images when you close your eyes, is there a running voice, is there a 6th sense of just knowing, is there nothing, etc etc

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Do you think you're SLE-Se or SLE-Ti, and what's your enneagram?

What's the inside of your head like?
    ie Do you see images when you close your eyes, is there a running voice, is there a 6th sense of just knowing, is there nothing, etc etc
    I don’t think subtypes are valid. One of the reasons for this is that the sociotypes exist in relation to each other. Which means that if a subsection of this system were to differ, it would disrupt and complicate the rest of it which is supposed to exist in balance with it. There are differences between everyone of course but I think it’s too complex to encompass in 2, 4, 8, or even 10-20, 60 subtypes. Once it gets to that point, it is way more rational to just use description. There shouldn’t be a dichotomy if a clear one doesn’t exist anyway. That defeats the concept of a dichotomy, which means a very clear split.

I identify as 8w9, and tested Sx/So and identified with that when I was younger. Maybe Sx/Sp nowadays but idk. I don’t really care as much about enneagram nowadays. I think tritypes are fun to read but sort of grasping at straws.

The inside of my head is mostly a reflection of the world around me, with a running voice there I guess. I see images if I daydream or sleep dream, or I’m imagining things. I’ve mildly hallucinated at least once (I thought someone was walking a dog in the dark when they were actually just holding a white plastic bag, but I could’ve sworn it was a dog coming at me from afar for a second). There is a 6th sense of just knowing but I think it’s a new feature in terms of me owning and putting a voice to it. I think I’m pretty in touch with my intuition compared to average SLEs. It’s just implicit or peripheral knowledge. It’s like when you eat a lot of yogurt and get gassy. If you pay attention to your brain, bubbles of thought that you don’t consciously make will randomly pop into your head as a result of information just passively sitting there and churning a bit. I think generally speaking I’m probably how most people would describe “ultra-sane”. I kind of seek to build a solid understanding of the world and of life, kind of like putting blocks together in Minecraft.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“SLE-Se vs. SLE-Ti” in theory should be like, “Are you more like Rambo, or more like regular desk job person in society?” Which is really the only way to try make a clear dichotomy here, and even then, both elements can still exist in nearly equal amounts in the same person. The obvious other problem is that it limits true SLE-Se to pro athletes or criminals. It seems like the descriptions of SLE-Se do encompass normal people too, but then by that virtue it just seems like we are splitting hairs, because the official descriptions themselves don’t have clear, dichotomy-like differences between the two subtypes. @inaLim I’ll PM you a typing thread with an old account of mine where I asked people to choose my subtype.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789