Thread: Ask an SLE woman

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sindri View Post
    @niffer, If you are married or want to be married some day, how do you see the traditional gender roles playing out in your relationship? Do you want your husband to provide the majority of the income and how hands on do you want to be raising your children? Also what combined income would you be happy with?
    Finally, a good question from someone. I'm not exactly married now, but it's something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. I can tell you that I had an upbringing that was very turbulent, and so I've thought about what I want for my future very strategically, and what I want is an open, productive, warm, loving family of my own. Children aren't an absolute necessity, but it's hard for me to see me getting married with somebody who will never want to have any (I mean from their perspective, what would be the point of it?)

In regards to gender roles in a relationship, I would ideally have them be fairly traditional in terms of raising kids from an emotional standpoint, although certainly with augmentation based on the individual strengths and weaknesses of my husband and I. That is to say, I expect the father to be around sometimes at least to help bond with, teach and discipline the children, and I look forward to having an IEI husband who would be able to provide a lot of emotional warmth and steadiness. Whereas, all domestic things are very natural for me and so I expect to take the brunt of this. Kind of ironic how as an ST woman I normally wouldn't fit gender norms otherwise, but in the context of a family I can see how I would be a very effective, essentially ideal housewife. Ideally I would want to have a stable nuclear family where my children are strong and capable, have a happy future and are good people who contribute to society. I will almost certainly be working a lot of the time so daycare may be a possibility, but I have worked before in childcare and early childhood education in Japan and I would want to keep the quality of care for my kids to as high a standard as possible similar to that, if need be, raising my children singlehandedly. I don't see myself as being smothering or overprotective, but especially in the early years I will always be looking to my own head to have the final say for what I deem appropriate for them. After that I would want them to be independent and capable as soon as possible.

Finance-wise, although I've never "expected" to have a partnership where my husband would provide the majority of the income, obviously, I would welcome this lol. I was raised by a "strong" LSE mom who wanted me to grow up to never have to rely on a man to support myself, and I have always seen obvious benefit to this track as well (like not being homeless when not partnered... just as an example). I have dated people who were (or were set out to be) less income-generating than I (i.e. literally near-starving artists still living with their parents), expecting that I would turn out to be the primary breadwinner, and love has always been the only real motivation in who I've looked for. I myself am ok with a spartan lifestyle (I prefer minimalism actually), and I expect to be able to support my children fully singlehandedly. Realistically speaking though, in order to live a good life and provide that experience for my husband and children, it would of course be better if my husband helped out and pooled income to reach long term financial goals to be as supportive as possible. If my husband were wealthy and for some reason it seemed like a good option, I would also be completely fine with being a housewife (contrary to what Beskova's description for the ESTp female mentions), although I imagine that at some point I would want to return to doing something income-generating due to having nothing else to do.

I hope that answers your questions well enough. Thank you for asking.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Finally, a good question from someone. I'm not exactly married now, but it's something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. I can tell you that I had an upbringing that was very turbulent, and so I've thought about what I want for my future very strategically, and what I want is an open, productive, warm, loving family of my own. Children aren't an absolute necessity, but it's hard for me to see me getting married with somebody who will never want to have any (I mean from their perspective, what would be the point of it?)

In regards to gender roles in a relationship, I would ideally have them be fairly traditional in terms of raising kids from an emotional standpoint, although certainly with augmentation based on the individual strengths and weaknesses of my husband and I. That is to say, I expect the father to be around sometimes at least to help bond with, teach and discipline the children, and I look forward to having an IEI husband who would be able to provide a lot of emotional warmth and steadiness. Whereas, all domestic things are very natural for me and so I expect to take the brunt of this. Kind of ironic how as an ST woman I normally wouldn't fit gender norms otherwise, but in the context of a family I can see how I would be a very effective, essentially ideal housewife. Ideally I would want to have a stable nuclear family where my children are strong and capable, have a happy future and are good people who contribute to society. I will almost certainly be working a lot of the time so daycare may be a possibility, but I have worked before in childcare and early childhood education in Japan and I would want to keep the quality of care for my kids to as high a standard as possible similar to that, if need be, raising my children singlehandedly. I don't see myself as being smothering or overprotective, but especially in the early years I will always be looking to my own head to have the final say for what I deem appropriate for them. After that I would want them to be independent and capable as soon as possible.

Finance-wise, although I've never "expected" to have a partnership where my husband would provide the majority of the income, obviously, I would welcome this lol. I was raised by a "strong" LSE mom who wanted me to grow up to never have to rely on a man to support myself, and I have always seen obvious benefit to this track as well (like not being homeless when not partnered... just as an example). I have dated people who were (or were set out to be) less income-generating than I (i.e. literally near-starving artists still living with their parents), expecting that I would turn out to be the primary breadwinner, and love has always been the only real motivation in who I've looked for. I myself am ok with a spartan lifestyle (I prefer minimalism actually), and I expect to be able to support my children fully singlehandedly. Realistically speaking though, in order to live a good life and provide that experience for my husband and children, it would of course be better if my husband helped out and pooled income to reach long term financial goals to be as supportive as possible. If my husband were wealthy and for some reason it seemed like a good option, I would also be completely fine with being a housewife (contrary to what Beskova's description for the ESTp female mentions), although I imagine that at some point I would want to return to doing something income-generating due to having nothing else to do.

I hope that answers your questions well enough. Thank you for asking.
    Wow, niffer. Talk about values aligning. Based solely on the above, I'd marry you. In my humble opinion, you have your head screwed on straight.

Some IEI is going to be a very lucky guy.

P.S.
    You said you'd want to return to doing something income generating due to having nothing else to do (as a housewife). I've stayed home to raise a kid myself (the ex preferred to work) and let me just say, raising kids is much, much harder than managing an engineering team. But it is also much, much more rewarding. I love to work, but none of the things I've done while working can touch the value of my kid.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Wow, niffer. Talk about values aligning. Based solely on the above, I'd marry you. In my humble opinion, you have your head screwed on straight.

Some IEI is going to be a very lucky guy.
    lol if you put me in your will and let me have a boyfriend Adam, it's a done deal.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol if you put me in your will and let me have a boyfriend Adam, it's a done deal.
    Then it's never gonna work, niffer. As an sx/so with sp-last, I don't really care about material stuff, but I care very much about creating more of (my) offspring. Which is kind of 180 degrees from what you suggested.

You still have your head screwed on straight, IMHO, and your values are the first ones that I've seen clearly expressed on this forum which align with mine. Too bad we are a mis-match on most of the rest of the items.
    Oh, well. The search goes on....

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

cheers

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    what make you think you are SLE over LSE?
    bamp

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"bamp" yourself out of here @Tigerfadder

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    what make you think you are SLE over LSE? bamp
    SEE is more likely than either of those. imo

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@squark just ask next time if you need help extracting the 10 foot stick from up your ass

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Q: I'm very interested in the ways that ignoring plays out. How (if at all or partly) does a SLE girl completely relax, take care of herself and others, seek and determine what comfort is to her?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Q: I'm very interested in the ways that ignoring plays out. How (if at all or partly) does a SLE girl completely relax, take care of herself and others, seek and determine what comfort is to her?
    That's a good question Chae. I'm not sure if I'll be able to give you the answer you were looking for but I'll do my best. And it's funny that you ask this since I just got back home from walking for nearly an hour in the rain without an umbrella.

From what I can tell from myself and other SLE women I've encountered, what Si ignoring comes down to is a sense of minimalism/spartanism when it comes to physical matters. That is to say, our approach to relaxation and pampering is a little bit coarse, and we really don't think about these kinds of things all that much at all naturally, though of course through standards for women from society we are encouraged to try to take better care of our Si than we probably would if left to our own devices. For me, taking care of Si things and my body is more important as a function of contingency planning for the future (Ni). I more or less accepted the idea long ago that as a female, to get through life my appearance would be my greatest asset, so I should try to take advantage of that as much as I can.

I also think that Se program with Ne role has a penchant for being open to new experiences and sensations while not taking too seriously the idea of things that are "supposed to" feel good or be good for us or pleasurable as prescribed by common understanding in society (e.g. me walking in the rain with no umbrella -- I do it because to me it feels GOOD). I would often rather try some physical thing that is new and promising instead of repeating something I've already done before... although, this depends on my mood a lot.

Relaxation doesn't come often or easy because I often feel like I have a lot more I need to do or have a lot on my mind. I usually have to deal with Ni related things to achieve relaxation, but quiet, calming, rhythmic/repetitive pleasant environments can aid in the process a lot. I like environments that are calm and stable, close to nature or with natural elements, and with people in it that I like and am comfortable with.

Taking care of myself or others and determining what's comfortable just happens naturally/automatically. I tend to ignore my comfort until discomfort invades my mind and detracts from my ability to focus on what I'm doing, and I try to plan in advance to avoid this happening. I would say that when I'm stable I naturally have a handle on it though, and not having a handle on it would indicate some kind of serious imbalance in my life; like last year I was in a really bad situation in my life and I lost a handle on my "Sp" stuff and I got really fat and neurotic and turned into a Chinese Donald Trump, but luckily things turned up for me and that got dealt with. When it comes to the physical needs of others I can get pretty nanny or E.M.T.-like. I read some description for the type "ESTP" and it said that they are like nature's paramedics, and I think that does apply for me. I have a very innate sense of peoples physical/medical needs and how to handle them. Determining what's comfortable is self-evident and automatic to me. I feel pleasure or disgust/discomfort pretty strongly and instantaneously. It requires no extra thought or focus.

Thanks again for making this thread productive Chae as you always do (*cough* at some of the other posts from people...) and let me know if you want me to clarify anything for you.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@niffer Ahh question answered, thanks! The only small thing I didn't know about was the E.M.T. reference, what's that about?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@niffer Ahh question answered, thanks! The only small thing I didn't know about was the E.M.T. reference, what's that about?
    Oh, sorry I should've considered that being from Germany you might not be aware. The acronym E.M.T. stands for "Emergency Medical Technician" or "Emergency Medical Team". A paramedic, essentially. I can't seem to find the original article I read that from, but it was an MBTI one on the ESTP type.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Do SLE's like keeping their duals as pets?
    Yeah.

Well it's illegal to have sex with your dog/cat so, we appreciate the fact that IEIs exist.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, sorry I should've considered that being from Germany you might not be aware. The acronym E.M.T. stands for "Emergency Medical Technician" or "Emergency Medical Team". A paramedic, essentially. I can't seem to find the original article I read that from, but it was an MBTI one on the ESTP type.
    Don't worry! Learned something again. Hmu when you find it anyway

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah.

Well it's illegal to have sex with your dog/cat so, we appreciate the fact that IEIs exist.
    This is great. I've got nothing to add to this post, I'm just quoting it so it can be preserved for posterity.

*edit*
    This impulse might be sx-first and not related to IEI's, because (TMI ahead)

in the heat of hot and crazy sex, I've wondered if my GF could bark like a dog.

To be honest, @niffer probably prefers the "feels" of pet affection to whatever it is that is going though my own mind.

Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-28-2017 at 07:16 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@niffer is SLE fine. I see a lot stronger emphasis on Ti than on Fi. Stereotypical Fe HA.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed you put "God" on your top 5 values on another thread. If you don't mind answering on a public forum, can you explain what you mean?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I noticed you put "God" on your top 5 values on another thread. If you don't mind answering on a public forum, can you explain what you mean?
    Some amalgamation of my conscious and unconscious will, intuition, and forces beyond me and higher than myself which connect me to the rest of the world and others.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some amalgamation of my conscious and unconscious will, intuition, and forces beyond me and higher than myself which connect me to the rest of the world and others.
    Do you follow a religion or are you agnostic?

If you believe that God is reflected in people, or that "man was made in the image of God", have you ever considered that socionics could be a path toward understand God better?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do you follow a religion or are you agnostic?
    I'm not particularly religious, but I don't think I would call myself agnostic anymore at this point, although I was a pure agnostic for most of my life.

If you believe that God is reflected in people, or that "man was made in the image of God", have you ever considered that socionics could be a path toward understand God better?
    Yes.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Time management.
    How do you handle time?
    You can create a system for it. Is it enough to be kicking you back of your mind. (I'm just wondering whether is just the mechanical Ti that can make you tick like a clock. Some LIIs are like clockwork machine watches on their hands and so on. As a child I usually played a game to tell time without watching and waiting for certain amount. I got pretty good at it.)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    You're a vegetarian? I thought better of you
    I'm not lol. But at the time I wrote that I was doing a no-meat fast.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Time management.
    How do you handle time?
    You can create a system for it. Is it enough to be kicking you back of your mind. (I'm just wondering whether is just the mechanical Ti that can make you tick like a clock. Some LIIs are like clockwork machine watches on their hands and so on. As a child I usually played a game to tell time without watching and waiting for certain amount. I got pretty good at it.)
    I just try to let myself be aware of it. If I have things that I need or want to do, right away I think about all the actions I'll need to take to accomplish them and all the actions I'll need to take to accomplish those and then keep going till everything's covered, and include how much time I'll need to complete them all. I start with the most crucial things that need to get done in this hierarchy of actions and prioritize and plan accordingly. I pretty much have always had a sort of running timeline going in my head for all of the things relevant to my life, at least since I was in my late teens.

I make lists and create schedules to help me as needed.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Many SLE seem to be Arthurian in nature - out fighting the good fight such as do the police, paramedics, firemen, etc. and they make excellent role models. However, one comment that I've heard more than a few times from spouses is something to the effect that "even when SLEs are at home, they're not really at home". Would this be a fair comment for you? Explain?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also have another question - How does an SLE do their "energy management"?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Many SLE seem to be Arthurian in nature - out fighting the good fight such as do the police, paramedics, firemen, etc. and they make excellent role models. However, one comment that I've heard more than a few times from spouses is something to the effect that "even when SLEs are at home, they're not really at home". Would this be a fair comment for you? Explain?
    That's a really interesting question. I think I agree. I was told once or twice that I "seem like I have no home". I never felt at home in my family of origin. Home is inside my head. Or inside the hearts of a few select persons in the world.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever been in love?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Have you ever been in love?
    Yes.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.
    Why do you find me annoying? lol Probably gonna be a long list. You're supposed to crave me.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also have another question - How does an SLE do their "energy management"?
    Quite inconsistently, though that certainly goes without saying.

Without adequate Ni direction (in the form of a formulated "game plan" or at least enough predictable variables in a circumstance that will allow us to chart a course on our own with minimal guesswork needed and the risk for other unforeseen issues cropping up), things can get messy and erratic, scattered if you will. It can also result in failed experiments, or, going the opposite route, stagnancy due to the fear of taking a step in the wrong direction. We wait for our cookies, and then assemble like a transformer. Then shoot towards our goal like a cannonball .

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@niffer what things do you dream about or how do your dreams look like (i'm literally talking about dreams which occur during sleep). a SLE i know would sometimes mention what he dreams about, it was usually purely physical, sensory stuff and perceptions (like falling, running, navigating through an environment, etc..) completely devoid of people or anything else. (at least the ones he mentioned). is that typical for SLE? (or Se users) or does it depend on the individual?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@lynn I can tell you that my dreams almost always have people and relationships in them lol.

I'm sure someone's going to mention that it's probably because I'm a girl... lol.

I will say there is a lot of physical perceptual stuff going on too, although from what I can tell everybody reports these things when talking about their dreams.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because you're Fi-dom

Socionics.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sure someone's going to mention that it's probably because I'm a girl... lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    It's because you're Fi-dom

Socionics.
    s e x i s t .

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i had a dream about eating bacon off a wet and filthy floor the other night

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    i had a dream about eating bacon off a wet and filthy floor the other night
    A guy will eat anything if it has bacon on it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    A guy will eat anything if it has bacon on it.
    Are you suggesting that people who want to attract men should be using bacon grease instead of perfume?

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Are you suggesting that people who want to attract men should be using bacon grease instead of perfume?

a.k.a. I/O
    Bacon and fish don't go that well together.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    @niffer what things do you dream about or how do your dreams look like (i'm literally talking about dreams which occur during sleep). a SLE i know would sometimes mention what he dreams about, it was usually purely physical, sensory stuff and perceptions (like falling, running, navigating through an environment, etc..) completely devoid of people or anything else. (at least the ones he mentioned). is that typical for SLE? (or Se users) or does it depend on the individual?
    As Se ego if you are interested - my default dreams are like you said, physical, sensory stuff, navigation through landscapes and moving in different ways. The people are just objects in those dreams. That is, they are a bit distant. Though I could interact with them a bit. Not much feeling overall.

Sometimes I can have more emotional dreams and those always stand out to me because they are hardly the default.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast