Thread: INFp Description by I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I have likely written several of every type but I didn't keep them; most were written with several specific people in mind as mental notes for me dealing with them or their partnerships - most were for a work environment. They weren't meant as publications and the ones on this site are ones that I found on floppy disks, which speaks of their age. I started putting some articles and descriptions on the socionics.com site until it ceased operation - the early articles weren't written well because I tried to frame my understanding in Socionics speak - somewhat like trying to write in ancient Sumerian.

a.k.a. I/O
    Ah cool. They are interesting though. I haven't actually read loads of socionics articles but I've read enough to know what you mean by Socionics speak. There is definitely something about those articles (partly content, partly style) that I can't stomach to read myself haha, at least at the moment. I prefer just reading what people discuss on here (that got me into hot water at first though lol) and I also just like learning from what I observe in people. I like the writing style of your posts and your articles though, and the content- well, the more simple stuff anyway. The descriptions feel sort of like a description of a character in a tv show or something..a well-written character. I've read a few and there is enough in them that feels quite accurate.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA, it's so funny that I thought that I was an INFp. LOL at the notion of me being Se suggestive and Te PoLR.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    but will expend a huge effort on their physical appearance and on being appealing to others.
    this is the one bit I don't really relate to. I don't like going out without a bit of makeup and I get my hair highlighted every sixth months...but I'm not great at taking care of my appearance. I don't make much effort with clothing. I make a little effort...but it's minimal. I think I am closer to an ILI when it comes to appearance- I can be a bit scruffy. When I was very young (before anxiety/depression) yes, I did care a bit more.

TIM
    6w7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really liked it , thanks so much

Are there any descriptions for other types?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I/O wrote descriptions for about half the types..he has some great articles over on socionics.com too. You can find the other descriptions by googling I/o Intp, for example or maybe use the search function here. He doesn’t post here anymore but his historical posts are tremendously informative

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like an ILI, I can also have quite anti-establishment views. Not in-depth opinions exactly, more of an attitude. I will vocally complain about students I work with to the surprise of my colleagues, even though I am happy to work for the students. I’m not really political but I am painfully aware of socio-economic injustice. I think I will always be a bit of a punk at heart- it’s an image that makes me feel secure in my insecurities and past issues; a classy rebel
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-11-2022 at 04:32 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't share my insight with others a lot - it's true. Because when I do and try to explain nobody listens to me even tho I almost always end up being right about the outcome of a situation and how it should be avoided... I got fed up trying to try. Every time I do try- I just end up getting pissed and I don't like being so pissed off. And I can get in this self-righteous mode where I feel like I'm the only good person and everybody else is just a hateful and sadistic asshole that wants bad things to happen.

Later on they will realize I'm correct but it's too late. I'm tired of people apologizing after the fact, I'm supposed to be human and forgive- but it feels like manipulation. I don't care that you are sorry or not- just stop being an idiot that can't see something coming or pretending not to & totally ignoring me because you secretly do want something horrible to occur?

Or I'm trying to spare somebody's feelings. People are easily triggered and weak, not just me. Ppl like to say 'don't be a pussy interact more' but if u say the wrong thing it can make somebody shoot up a school or do something grimdark or offensive to ppl, and I guess yeah - IEIs are pretty hopeful and optimistic and kind ppl by our nature usually, and I don't want to make matters worse. When push comes to shove , I am a kind of a goody goody and I don't want to see things be destroyed ((unless they deserve to be destroyed)). I know that 'Least said soonest mended' etc. Plus Ni is often both cold and personal, and many people would rather talk about external things outside of themselves. Which is often Te-related, and an IEI's polr... so hence the "shyness."

The part I related the most is probably how I myself am healthy in relationship to others treatment of me and how much I'm liked in a Fi way - which makes sense to me cuz IEI's have 4D Fi... so it's like impossible for it not to be this way. If people like us, we easily and quickly shoot to power with little effort. If people don't like us, it's like we're in a Hellish grimdark torture chamber. This ILI once said online 'I don't care that I'm not liked! Ppl shouldn't care so much about being liked!' Yeah in theory I don't either, I don't mean to be some codependent people pleaser but its like, cuz my Fi is the way it is... that's just how it goes.

When ppl like us enough we don't have to do much of anything, power and resources are just like given to us. That's why when ppl say 'just work harder!' it's usually bullshit for us- unless maybe that means it's running away to better groups of people our Fi meshes with. A lot of IEIs blame themselves over things that are actually other people's fault- their only weakness is they are absorbing other people's bullshit too much and not being self confident enough to move. This is why we dual seek Se, the "Fuck humanity" serial killer function. <3

A SEE told me once to stop trying to project my identity into others- but when u have 4D Fi it's impossible not to do this- I just don't know how to turn it off, because it's so objectively strong. I feel like, I am my relationships with others. Ppl tell me to get self confidence, I can't do that unless the other person gets a heart too though... yeah sure, something about 4D Fi makes a person a codependent pussy but it's just the way I am. Many high functioning IEIs are often just wealthy celebrities for this reason tbh. The wrong environment, an IEI is suicidal. The right one- a wealthy and self confident Oprah etc.

I don't think I have super natural powers for real or I'm like some Divine Being like some other IEIs do. Or if I do act like that, I'm obviously just larping or trying to play with others. And if people take me too seriously, then I think it's their fault for being stupid. (Like the 4D Te disciplinarians that I loathe) I know my shit smells like everybody else's - I really don't think Ni is really as mystical as people make it out to be, because it's intrinsically tied with Se - a function of ghetto drug dealing cocksucking and boring dads driving their kids to Wendy's while they cry. I sometimes get upset if other IEIs act too Stoopid Magikal Kreature like, but I also get it. If they were just themselves with no frosting of bliss, they would just be Carrie White without any super powers and nobody really wants to be that.

so yeah I liked this a lot. I'm not sure that I care if I'm competent though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12