Thread: Which Delta type performs best in school?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which Delta type performs best in school?

Which type do you think does best in school? ESTj's are probably running around with activities, taking up leadership roles, pushing their tyrannic power across the student population. INFj's are probably floating around day dreaming, writing poems and prose of sorts, working hard as a student. ISTp's are probably out on the field, owning everyone at sports, wondering why this certain subject is being taught in school when it's a uselessly impractical one. ENFp's are probably bouncing around, looking around for friends to hang about with, forgetting what they learnt the from last lesson, engaging in funky discussions, possibly suffering from a certain identity crisis.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Delta and School

If I end up being Delta I'm ISTp according to this description.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i thought you were ISTp, or at least you came in here an ISTp, what made you change into an INFp? btw ISTp's are cool in school hehe
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daydreaming? Not really. Writing poems and prose? Hell no. Working hard? At school, maybe. But once I got home... "May the games begin!"

I don't bounce around, and I don't look around for friends to hang out with -- quite the opposite, in fact -- but I have been in an identity crisis, an existential crisis, a friendless crisis, an academic crisis... and so on :wink:

In school, I spend most of the time stealing opportunities to read any one of the books I carry with me. Looking around for quiet, deserted areas where I can either read in peace or cram for the exam that's coming up in 20 minutes. I'm a very attentive student, but I fall behind in preparatory and actual work. I usually end up by myself, so I can sometimes spend an entire lunch break eating with a book in front of me. I enjoy striking up conversations with the teachers, though, and feel awfully guilty when I fail to turn in quality work on time. So I'm still taking measures to become a good student.

And I vote for ESTj.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade
    haha i thought you were ISTp, or at least you came in here an ISTp, what made you change into an INFp? btw ISTp's are cool in school hehe
    Well mostly the fact that I started to read about functions and couldn't relate to which is supposed to be ISTp's leading function. Perhaps one day I find a description that fits me. Then most people here seem to think I have a lack of which should be my other strong function. I'm not sure about that though. There are other things like my interests don't seem very ISTpish and my strenghts are probably not very ISTpish either. I have tried half the types already though. My recent poll suggested I'm ENFp or at least some type with in Ego-Block. Now I'm trying INFp because it has been suggested by some people before and now it was suggested in one thread by Gilly and FDG. We'll see if I can stick to this or not There was a time when I was sure I had a leading so INxp is very possible. But this is kind of complicated issue

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha interesting. What type are you raisonpure? I don't do my actual work well either, but I feel kind of guilty for it too. Seems like INFj's are good students, but when it comes down to pure hardwork ESTj's beat 'em to it. Right now I'm going through a weird emotional sort of friendless crisis. It's good I still can chat online though yippee~

XoX I used to think I was ISTp too and again I've got doubts about Si being my main function and Te being my creative one. People suggest that I'm ENFp so here I am bouncing around. I don't know about Ne being my main function though. Any examples of Ne that I can identify to will be helpful. And I understand what it means to be a complicated issue haha.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps I know are very good at school
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At university, the people in my graduation class that had gotten the best grades were, according to my typing and more or less in descending order of grades:

1) ESFp girl
    2) ENTj guy
    3) ISTp guy
    4) ISFj guy
    5) ESTj girl
    6) ESTj girl
    7) INFj guy
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    At university, the people in my graduation class that had gotten the best grades were, according to my typing and more or less in descending order of grades:

1) ESFp girl
    2) ENTj guy
    3) ISTp guy
    4) ISFj guy
    5) ESTj girl
    6) ESTj girl
    7) INFj guy
    Hmm. I don't have statistics from univ but before that from all people I knew one ESTj had the best grades. He was really "trying to be perfect". He was perfect in school, perfect in sports, in the army he got as high as it is possible when you do you mandatory military service. Still he seemed never satisfied and was always a bit angry somehow.

However the fastest learner was probably an ENTj but he was a bit lazy with studies and so only got decent grades. However he spent a very minimal amount of time to get these grades compared to the ESTj who spent all his time.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Hmm. I don't have statistics from univ but before that from all people I knew one ESTj had the best grades. He was really "trying to be perfect". He was perfect in school, perfect in sports, in the army he got as high as it is possible when you do you mandatory military service. Still he seemed never satisfied and was always a bit angry somehow.

However the fastest learner was probably an ENTj but he was a bit lazy with studies and so only got decent grades. However he spent a very minimal amount of time to get these grades compared to the ESTj who spent all his time.
    Reverse ENTj to ESTp, and you've got story of my life with a friend

Anyway in my university class so far...

1)ESTj guy
    2)ISFj girl
    3)ISTp guy
    4)ISTj guy/ESTp guy (same of the 2nd HS place)
    5)ENFj girl

Oh HS out grades

1)ISFj/ISTj gril/guy 100
    2)ISTj/ESTp guy/guy(me) 98
    3)ISTp guy 90
    4)IxFp guy 86

University entrance test...

1)ESTp guy
    2)ENFp girl
    3)ENTp guy
    4)ENFp girl
    5)ISTj guy

I have noticed that EPs are the ones that top out everybody on standardized tests, but then usually lack the work ethic to study hard.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The enfp thing basically describes me, but I did pretty well in school, like FDG said.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok well my mates grades are as follows

ENTP1: 99.95(perfect score all full marks in hardest classes)
    INTP: 96.0
    ESTJ: 95.0
    ENTP2:92.0
    ENTJ:76.0
    ENFP(ME): 75.0
    INFJ: 72.0

yes the top 4 are damn good scores. They are studying law, medicine, chemical engineering, economics computer programming etc.

In school i was too distracted. In class i didn't try hard enough. Funnily enough i was awarded the English award. My score probablly seems low but we have two options, pas and pes and i did the easy option so PE, Business maths etc. I got graded down quite heavily even though i did well.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I have noticed that EPs are the ones that top out everybody on standardized tests, but then usually lack the work ethic to study hard.
    This may be correct, my ENTp brother is precisely like this.

The one exception I have seen is that ESFp girl -- she got high grades throughout university by studying very hard. Very strong drive. Yet when observing her, in hindsight I can't see her as anything but an EP.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-pokeball

That's me but Im not EP. I always feel bad when I score higher than those that studied too much. One time, though, I rubbed my perfect score from a midterm in some girls face. She had a superiority complex and was being dramatic about her 99%. Give me a F'ing break lol. Oh no'z!, that 1% is going to kill me off into oblivionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    This may be correct, my ENTp brother is precisely like this.

The one exception I have seen is that ESFp girl -- she got high grades throughout university by studying very hard. Very strong drive. Yet when observing her, in hindsight I can't see her as anything but an EP.
    I always did really well on standardized tests too, but I never studied hard. So it works for me too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did really well in high school, even though I absolutely hated it. There were a little bit less than 400 kids in my graduating class, and I was in the top 5. I'm naturally smart, but I also study a lot more than most students.

I'm a junior in college now. I'm going to try my damndest to get into a Clinical Psych PhD program. I'm already doing research and am awaiting for some of my work to be published. I'm trying to publish more this semester. Then I hope to get an internship at NIH next summer. My INTp and ENTj professors have pulled a lot of strings for me and will probably continue to do so

My best subjects are psychology (obviously), math, and art. I'd probably be a math major if I wasn't so in love with psychology. I hate history, though! It's hard for me to remember sequences of events and little details, like people's name and dates.

My ENFp mother is extremely bright (has a genius IQ), but she never did very well in school. She's been diagnosed with ADD and we suspect that she also has dyslexia. She had to drop out of college, and she said it was one of the worst experiences of her life

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Delta and School

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade
    Which type do you think does best in school? .
    ESTJ, Duh.

I always had great grades and played sports, I win.
    *waits for someone to E-bitchslap me over the internet!*

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much aced my way through school, but I can't say I've benefited much from it in the long run. I'm not one of those guys who can turn every new skill and opportunity to their advantage, and it seems like I don't fit well inside systems and hierarchies that stifle my creativity and take away my freedom/autonomy.

I also have this inkling feeling that I'd either make it big on my own some day, or end up in utter misery, wandering the streets for change or something along those lines... it's an eerie feeling.
    Last edited by Park; 02-22-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I always did really well on standardized tests too, but I never studied hard. So it works for me too.
    I've always been very studious, but have tended to overthink standardized test questions, so tend to do less well on those things. Those tests usually dont reflect my actual knowledge.

I mean, i've still done well enough on std tests to get where i am now, and was a top student in grade-school, high school and college but I've always seen those tests as my weakness. I do better on tests where i can describe my thought process. I also tend to run out of time (unless i practice the "test-taking" a lot in advance).

I can admit though, that i can be lazy about studying. I'm a slow reader (because I tend to zone in and out while reading, and need to reread stuff a million times to actually focus), and with the exception of history courses, have never actually read entirely through any textbooks. I also tend to "play" while "studying", so it feels like i'm always studying/working.

I also have to say that my upbringing was heavily school focused. My mom had really high standards for my schoolwork, so that sort of kept me in line and possibly made me more studious than I perhaps would have othrewise been. I did like school though. I've always liked learning. I've always been well-behaved in class (except my first day of 1st grade when I kept chatting with my neighbors in class while the teacher was trying to teach. I got put in the corner against my will, and i swore i would never misbehave again.) So i think all of those characteristics ultimately lead to a responsible, good student.
    Last edited by Suz; 02-22-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I like the ISTP description. It's something I'd say IRL.

My vote goes to INFJ Fi subtype. I think ISTP and ESTJ would get distracted by life and not do too well, the same with ENFP but to a lesser extent.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

any type can do well in school.

EII do well because they are sensitive and don't like disrupting the authority of teachers and because they are the helper kind, often teachers will employ them to their service and because of that they are given special considerations and extra help (I'm not speaking of myself at all!!! )
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Which type do you think does best in school? ESTj's are probably running around with activities, taking up leadership roles, pushing their tyrannic power across the student population.
    hah, this is me
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari