Thread: Vengeful attitude relation to type

Hybrid View

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If someone tailgates me and I am doing the speed limit ( or just over) I will speed up enough to match the speed of the closest car to my right so the car tailgating me will have no other options. It is annoying to be in traffic, driving the speed limit, and having someone ride my ass like there is something I can do about it. I won't slam on brakes to slow down since that is dangerous but I might take my time getting over to let them pass. If they take the clue and back off I will speed up and change lanes to let them pass.

I am usually driving in the right lane (as I was taught) unless I have to pass on the left but often I can't due to heavy traffic .I don't know what a tailgater expects me to do in those cases. It is like they can't imagine what is happening past their own car. If I am on a one lane road and doing the speed limit it is even worse since the person should know I can't just let them pass in most cases. I will slow down to let them pass on the side of oncoming traffic if I see it is safe to let them pass me. If they don't ride my ass.

I like to drive fast too. Slow drivers can be just as frustrating to me some days. I still leave enough room to stop between cars based on my speed. I will just look for a break where I can safely pass them on the right if they are a left lane slow driver or on the left if it is a single lane road (if visual distance permits).

My ESE sister used to ride people's asses but not maliciously or out of frustration, usually. It's because she was talking too much and not paying attention. I am pretty vocal about her not tailgating when I am in the car with her even now due to her past behavior. She did this more in her teens but after a couple of accidents, she is more careful now.

If you are in the car with someone who drives fast while tailgating it would be wise to speak up or you might not get a chance to tell them gently later that this was unacceptable. Your life, and the lives of people driving around you, is more important than not hurting some aggressive driver's ego. Keep in mind you can't predict if the person in front of you is going to be like the SEE and slow down or even slam on their brakes but you can tell the person you are with to chill the hell out. If you have to, start insisting on driving if you drive. They should get the hint then.

I don't begrudge anyone's need for speed but if they are doing it out of frustration they are probably not very clearheaded. I used to race people when I was young but I have grown out of it. It was stupid and dangerous but I never felt I was putting people's lives in danger doing it because I was confident in my driving. I was not taking into account the unpredictability of other drivers so I was putting us all in danger. The LSE driving you must not take into account the unpredictable nature of other drivers or they don't care. Road rage is real and you might find yourself in trouble with some maniac, who does not like to be tailgated, shooting at you or following you home. That is what real vengeance looks like. :/ What you describe is spitefulness.

If your LSE, or anyone else, needs help leaving on time take the lead and give yourselves plenty of time to get where you are going safely. Take them to a racing track if it is just because they like to drive fast and need a release for that.

Not gonna lie, I have tailgated before when I felt rushed. I am more cautious now. Horn blowing is obnoxious and should be limited to signaling danger. There are laws against blowing your horn out of frustration in many places. Tailgating is considered reckless driving just about everywhere.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    If someone tailgates me and I am doing the speed limit ( or just over) I will speed up enough to match the speed of the closest car to my right so the car tailgating me will have no other options. It is annoying to be in traffic, driving the speed limit, and having someone ride my ass like there is something I can do about it. I won't slam on brakes to slow down since that is dangerous but I might take my time getting over to let them pass. If they take the clue and back off I will speed up and change lanes to let them pass.

I am usually driving in the right lane (as I was taught) unless I have to pass on the left but often I can't due to heavy traffic .I don't know what a tailgater expects me to do in those cases. It is like they can't imagine what is happening past their own car. If I am on a one lane road and doing the speed limit it is even worse since the person should know I can't just let them pass in most cases. I will slow down to let them pass on the side of oncoming traffic if I see it is safe to let them pass me. If they don't ride my ass.

I like to drive fast too. Slow drivers can be just as frustrating to me some days. I still leave enough room to stop between cars based on my speed. I will just look for a break where I can safely pass them on the right if they are a left lane slow driver or on the left if it is a single lane road (if visual distance permits).

My ESE sister used to ride people's asses but not maliciously or out of frustration, usually. It's because she was talking too much and not paying attention. I am pretty vocal about her not tailgating when I am in the car with her even now due to her past behavior. She did this more in her teens but after a couple of accidents, she is more careful now.

If you are in the car with someone who drives fast while tailgating it would be wise to speak up or you might not get a chance to tell them gently later that this was unacceptable. Your life, and the lives of people driving around you, is more important than not hurting some aggressive driver's ego. Keep in mind you can't predict if the person in front of you is going to be like the SEE and slow down or even slam on their brakes but you can tell the person you are with to chill the hell out. If you have to, start insisting on driving if you drive. They should get the hint then.

I don't begrudge anyone's need for speed but if they are doing it out of frustration they are probably not very clearheaded. I used to race people when I was young but I have grown out of it. It was stupid and dangerous but I never felt I was putting people's lives in danger doing it because I was confident in my driving. I was not taking into account the unpredictability of other drivers so I was putting us all in danger. The LSE driving you must not take into account the unpredictable nature of other drivers or they don't care. Road rage is real and you might find yourself in trouble with some maniac, who does not like to be tailgated, shooting at you or following you home. That is what real vengeance looks like. :/ What you describe is spitefulness.

If your LSE, or anyone else, needs help leaving on time take the lead and give yourselves plenty of time to get where you are going safely. Take them to a racing track if it is just because they like to drive fast and need a release for that.

Not gonna lie, I have tailgated before when I felt rushed. I am more cautious now. Horn blowing is obnoxious and should be limited to signaling danger. There are laws against blowing your horn out of frustration in many places. Tailgating is considered reckless driving just about everywhere.
    Wow, you will upset an LSE by matching the speed to the vehicle next to you and thereby blocking the road and yes sometimes LSE get into a rush because they never have time.

I've had an LSE in a white truck tailgate me, honking and cursing at a stop sign. I couldn't go because of odd traffic that was blocking the road ahead. Once the LSE u-turned around me and got a glimps of me shaking my head in disapproval he smiled and thus I saw that he didn't mean any harm by it. I too smiled back and he went on his way.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Wow, you will upset an LSE by matching the speed to the vehicle next to you and thereby blocking the road and yes sometimes LSE get into a rush because they never have time.
    If they are doing that to me then why should I care that they are upset that they can't pass for a few moments. I think it is rude to ride someone's tail like that and especially rude when they honk while doing it. Like I said I drive in the right lane except to pass so if someone is doing that to me they are obviously ignoring the traffic and outer conditions that might have me driving the way I am. It just seems to me that any person doing it lacks awareness and/or consideration of the situation.

If I am spacing out a bit, and someone comes up on me fast, I will realize it is my fault for spacing and I will move over the first chance I get. Most people do not tailgate or blow their horn when this happens but I sense I am annoying them so I move. I can see it from their side of things since I have the option to get over. I am aware and considerate of other people on the road for the most part. I am especially careful with bikers because I have been on the back of a bike many times and people have come very close to hitting us for various reasons.

I've had an LSE in a white truck tailgate me, honking and cursing at a stop sign. I couldn't go because of odd traffic that was blocking the road ahead. Once the LSE u-turned around me and got a glimps of me shaking my head in disapproval he smiled and thus I saw that he didn't mean any harm by it. I too smiled back and he went on his way.
    Did you explain to him later why this was not your fault and why he should be more considerate though?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

How did you type the alleged LSE as LSE?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    How did you type the alleged LSE as LSE?
    As he passed me he turned his head a full 45 degrees to look at me and look into my eyes directly. When he saw me his mood changed to the flirting gentlemen and he smiled this smile like he adored me Really he was observing me and my reaction. I smil ed back at the observation.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As he passed me he turned his head a full 45 degrees to look at me and look into my eyes directly. When he saw me his mood changed to the flirting gentlemen and he smiled this smile like he adored me Really he was observing me and my reaction. I smil ed back at the observation.
    I see, but how did you type the alleged LSE as LSE?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I see, but how did you type the alleged LSE as LSE?
    Behavior patterns and their look, features, the intensity of their reaction. I live in LA and observe a lot of people while driving. SEI tend to me more internal absorbing and zoned out kind of. You can pick up on general tendencies after so long.
    -

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm tailgated, I do the same: slow down. In part it is to piss the other driver off in a "fuck you" kind of way, but there's a more pragmatic purpose behind that: get him/her to move over. I don't want this fuckhead on my tail, especially if I'm on the road where I'm about to turn into my neighborhood because, let's face it, I don't want to risk getting rear-ended.

I'm usually driving 5+ over the speed limit, anyway. So if I'm being tailgated, it's not because I'm an especially slow driver. Well, when I'm not half asleep at 5:30am heading out to work. As a rule, though, I despise slow drivers for the reason that they create accidents, but tailgating never made sense to me and seems idiotic at best. You might be a very confident driver, but why take the risk that someone suddenly halts on their brakes and you get into a rear end collision?

And fwiw, my LSE father would always tailgate slow-pokes. He's a very confident driver, but I still felt he was always way too aggressive driving. Ironically, he taught me everything I know about driving and taught me to always keep my distance in a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of way (and his advice has saved my ass on a number of occasions). There's never a reason, I feel, not to keep a good distance, unless stuck in a traffic jam and y'all are crawling.