Thread: Why do ILIs-INTps need their dual SEE-ESFp?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why do ILIs-INTps need their dual SEE-ESFp?

Why are INTp types in need of their dual (ESFp)?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Why are INTp types in need of their dual (ESFp)?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    ESFp supply INTp with motivation, positive feeling and appraisal of the INTp's actions, skills to affect the concrete, immediate reality, and superior adaptability to difficult situations. Also they supply the INTp with new information to turn into abstract theory. And in the end there's companionship, for no other type is willing to put up with anyone's faults longer than the dual.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Smiling eyes, got everything he said right. If I had to generalize the INTPs need for ESFP in one sentence, I would say that INTPs need their dual because they can observe the world but feel they are rather powerless to participate in it.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simply to be complete and have their wish for love fullfilled the right way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good replies everyone, very true; I met my dual once, and it was pretty much all that, and more...
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind meeting my dual. Of course, in all likeliness I may have done and never realised it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    Of course, in all likeliness I may have done and never realised it.
    Probably. I speak from personal experience...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Why are INTp types in need of their dual (ESFp)?

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    ESFp supply INTp with motivation, positive feeling and appraisal of the INTp's actions, skills to affect the concrete, immediate reality, and superior adaptability to difficult situations. Also they supply the INTp with new information to turn into abstract theory. And in the end there's companionship, for no other type is willing to put up with anyone's faults longer than the dual.
    Well said. One of the most important aspects of duality it seems.

Why is that so? I imagine because for the other party, one's shortcomings are very easy to deal with based on the other's strengths.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It turns out one of my best friends from secondary school is an ESFp, and also that one of the people I now work with is also an ESFp. She's great. Anyway, yeah.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other day I asked an ISFp friend of mine "is there something you don't like about my personality?" She replied "no". "Not even that I get serious and that?" "Well, about that, I just let you be".

That's pretty much what one could ask for a partner, I think. I'm sure a dual would be comfortable, but I don't think it would be that hard to trade an ISTp for an ISFp. It annoys me the constant emotion seek and such, but, on the other hand, ISFp possess other characteristics that I value very much. For example, they are far more tolerant than ISTp and more likely to listen to and consider your point of view. ISTp sometimes annoy me with their obstinacy. ISFp are also more service oriented, true "caregivers", and ask very little, almost nothing, in return for it. ISTp can get really cheap at times. And, above all, ISFp are loyal. ISTp life is one day long and if you're not in the train by the time it departs, you're out.

So, yes, I don't believe dual is panacea. And if for some reason I need Te (which is something I'm addicted to) I have plenty of Te friends, mostly ENTj. So maybe those who idolize duality do it because their life is dull already and need fulfillment. When you seek a partner, you do it because you have something to offer, not looking for something you're lacking.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    When you seek a partner, you do it because you have something to offer, not looking for something you're lacking.
    is it?

I don't agree with that statement. It's not egoistic to say that you need somebody who thinks about you, loves you etc.

But oke, let's say you want a partner just for the reason to give. Wouldn't it be nicer if you could give total subcounscious support then? Well there we arrived again at the dual thing. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    When you seek a partner, you do it because you have something to offer, not looking for something you're lacking.
    is it?

I don't agree with that statement. It's not egoistic to say that you need somebody who thinks about you, loves you etc.

But oke, let's say you want a partner just for the reason to give. Wouldn't it be nicer if you could give total subcounscious support then? Well there we arrived again at the dual thing. :wink:
    Exactly. Support that they appreciate and will then give back.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're going too far with Socionics. Do you really think that one is doomed without "support for the unconscious block"?

And, my point was more on the side of "only when you offer and not ask you're healthy; unhealthy people rarely is happy in relationships".
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're going too far with Socionics. Do you really think that one is doomed without "support for the unconscious block"?

And, my point was more on the side of "only when you offer and not ask you're healthy; unhealthy people rarely are happy in relationships".
    Not doomed, but you won't feel completely content. There will be certain parts of the world that will be able to make you (even more) depressed.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4