Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you gotten your testosterone level checked?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The digit ratio is influenced by testosterone in the womb while the fetus is forming. Testosterone also impacts other features such as in the brain. For example testosterone increases myelin sheaths on axons (protective against multiple sclerosis which is far more common in females than males) and other far-reaching effects.

However, fetal exposure doesn't tell you how much your own body is currently producing.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

mom was hi T

gave me autism and a big ring finger

thanks mom

least I got something to brag about on the internet

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    mom was hi T

gave me autism and a big ring finger

thanks mom

least I got something to brag about on the internet
    Oh fuck i should not get a baby 👶

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I've read that intermittent fasting improves T levels.
    Then mine should be much higher than they are or is it only in men?

My longest fast was 7 days and I only broke it because I no longer wanted to drink water either and people were getting concerned. I could have gone a bit longer without damage. :/ I had more energy those 7 days while not eating than I do after eating. It was sort of surreal but cool.

I did it for a mind/spirit reset (not religious) so I do not recommend it for 7 days at a time unless you are in the right frame of mind and your intentions for fasting are clear. I could never fast that long before because my intentions were not clear and it was a struggle. That time I didn't even think of food and was not bothered a bit. I didn't feel any hunger the first couple of days either which is what I felt by the second day when I had tried it before. I want to do it again soon.

I intermittent fast every day and have pretty consistently for years. Not for any health benefits or diet plan though. I just don't eat until late and I only eat once a day which feels more natural to me.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had my testosterone tested about a year ago, but it doesn't mean so much without other markers like free and albumin bound testosterone.

Here is an interesting article for people who would perhaps like to experiment with their bodies https://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/...one-naturally/

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

My longest fast was 7 days and I only broke it because I no longer wanted to drink water either and people were getting concerned. I could have gone a bit longer without damage. :/ I had more energy those 7 days while not eating than I do after eating. It was sort of surreal but cool.

I did it for a mind/spirit reset (not religious) so I do not recommend it for 7 days at a time unless you are in the right frame of mind and your intentions for fasting are clear. I could never fast that long before because my intentions were not clear and it was a struggle. That time I didn't even think of food and was not bothered a bit. I didn't feel any hunger the first couple of days either which is what I felt by the second day when I had tried it before. I want to do it again soon.

I intermittent fast every day and have pretty consistently for years. Not for any health benefits or diet plan though. I just don't eat until late and I only eat once a day which feels more natural to me.
    Impressive. My longest fast is about 40 hours, spiritually it's good for you. I hear it's good for the body too, but I haven't looked too much into it though.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that's what I'm doing also. I don't like the constant eating. Once a day is enough.

I'm trying to test if I can notice any change in T levels. What I do know is that working out feels good after 16 h of fasting. And then eating afterwards.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have pcos

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NOooOo pcos is like the asburgers for women

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not, yet. I should. When I'm on a cycle I know they are high. When I go off it crashes for about 12-16 weeks. I had pretty high levels as a teen and wicked bad (BAD) acne all over.

When on a cycle my moods actually don't balance out they become more chaotic which is fine with me because as you get older feeling 'anything' is fewer and far between so you jump at the chance.

What does level out is my thought process and my response to stressfull triggers. In that regard I feel calm, focused, present, very confident. Other people's problems feel small and easily manageable. I feel kind to woman and feel a greater desire to be helpful, considerate and level headed. I also feel the same way towards men and children, except on cycle this attitude is amplified.

I naturally have a strong temper, yet on cycle this diminishes. I do not feel better, nor superior. I do not feel as though a person, man or woman 'belongs' anywhere, except where their karma and merits put them. Believing otherwise I recognize as cultural indoctrination, probably stemming from socially acceptable sociopathy.

Men are meant to have testosterone. But stating that cruelty, violence, and superiority stem from this hormone places the blame on the wrong aspect and takes it away from the real causation, which is the individual's upbringing, personal history, and psycology.

We don't tear down our daughters. We don't tear down our Mothers and our sisters because they are not creatures filled with testosterone. Get over yourselves and get off the collective sociopath train.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Testical size is indicative of the males in your family and their past history of success with women. The smaller the balls, the more success your line has had.
    It is nature's way of saying your family line had a nice run kid but there is enough of your dna in the world.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't smoke, exercise regularly and make sure that you have enough animal fats and zinc in your diet (eat eggs, whole milk and yogurt, pork and oily fish like salmon) to produce testosterone and healthy sperm.

If you are taking any prescription drugs, do some research and see if they affect endocrine function.

Most testosterone deficiencies are caused either by poor nutrition, or something you have put into your body which shouldn't be there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Women help a lot. To have feeling and relations.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is nature's way of saying your family line had a nice run kid but there is enough of your dna in the world.
    A sniper doesn't need a big magazine.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Don't smoke, exercise regularly and make sure that you have enough animal fats and zinc in your diet (eat eggs, whole milk and yogurt, pork and oily fish like salmon) to produce testosterone and healthy sperm.

If you are taking any prescription drugs, do some research and see if they affect endocrine function.

Most testosterone deficiencies are caused either by poor nutrition, or something you have put into your body which shouldn't be there.
    Great advice. I would add get plenty of sleep. Testosterone levels fall after 25 though, no matter what you do.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

A sniper doesn't need a big magazine.
    We all know you have big Se balls. Don't be modest.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to be 'that guy', but smoking increases testosterone http://www.hormones.gr/8449/article/...%E2%80%A6.html ,

We have found the following: (a) smokers had significantly higher TT and FT levels compared to nonsmokers, even after stratification as per age, BMI, triglycerides and alcohol consumption.

But, that withstanding, we shouldn't be smoking. It puts into perspective if anything, what is to be gained from a little increase if your blood results are normal-ish anyway. PS - I'd probably rather do steroids than smoke for a testosterone increase, hmmm I wonder if that could be a new marketing campaign for tobacco companies: take nicotene, increase testosterone, ha.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all know you have big Se balls. Don't be modest.

Small baby beta balls.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    I hate to be 'that guy', but smoking increases testosterone http://www.hormones.gr/8449/article/...%E2%80%A6.html ,

But, that withstanding, we shouldn't be smoking. It puts into perspective if anything, what is to be gained from a little increase if your blood results are normal-ish anyway. PS - I'd probably rather do steroids than smoke for a testosterone increase, hmmm I wonder if that could be a new marketing campaign for tobacco companies: take nicotene, increase testosterone, ha.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    See Ive seen studies that conclude smokers take more risks over all and risk taking is associated with higher adrenalin and testosterone and unfortunately cortisol.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Small baby beta balls.
    VI needed to confirm and final.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    See Ive seen studies that conclude smokers take more risks over all and risk taking is associated with higher adrenalin and testosterone and unfortunately cortisol.
    This might be, I haven't looked too much into it.

But,

We treated the men who had stopped smoking for more than 6 months prior to the interview as former smokers in the study. We found that former smokers had similar levels of SHBG, TT and FT as never smokers both prior to and after adjusting for age, BMI, fasting blood glucose, triglycerides, alcohol consumption and estradiol levels (data not shown). It appears that the effects of cigarette smoking on testosterone levels are reversed upon smoking cessation.

Would imply otherwise.

My own 'hunch' if you will, is that it's not necessarily the case for a few reasons, increased estradiol (estrogen derivative) in men can cause increased aggression which can be associated with risk taking, people who drink a lot tend to have lower testosterone, due to the estrogen in hops and the breakdown of alcohol, and hard drinking is also associated with risk taking.

More likely it's that people who do these things, drink, smoke etc, take more risks because they're risk takers, or less regard for their health/future etc so they do more 'risky things.' So my hunch overall is that it's biochemical.

But, overall testosterone level in men is dropping by the generation, possibly due to the increased use of plastics, but also maybe smoking has a factor? Since smoking level is dropping in people by the generation.

No one really knows though. I'm not really one for sweating it personally, i've not got any symptoms I'm aware of and had my T level tested as part of other stuff about a year ago. It was normal physiological range but higher than average for my age group.

Much of this I'm working from memory though, I took a brief interest in it before, and somehow I posted longer there than I intended too haha.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about t, but my gender feels all over the place. When I'm horny I feel like a normal animalistic red-blooded male. But if I'm in love, it feels more womanly and feminine like a pop song. I can't say it feels 'exactly in the middle' cuz that isn't right either. I feel like a freak often because I was never feminine enough to be a str8 woman and I was never mathculine enough to be part of the 'bros' you know... so I always felt kind of alone because of gender issues in a sense. I've wanted to be a drag queen for years, though I know it turns off most other gay guys because they just want a dude that's 100% masculine. But fuck that heteronormative bullshit to be honest, I don't think I want a guy who is totally masculine either. Basically when I see a tender feminine heart I want to make love to it emotionally but when I see a hot masculine guy I just want to instinctively hump him... ideally they'd be brewed together in interesting ways.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is kinda delta , pc & boring but I suppose 'two-spirit' is closest to what I am: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JcmAoderl4

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy knows alot about the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwQ...ature=youtu.be
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The digit ratio is influenced by testosterone in the womb while the fetus is forming. Testosterone also impacts other features such as in the brain. For example testosterone increases myelin sheaths on axons (protective against multiple sclerosis which is far more common in females than males) and other far-reaching effects.

However, fetal exposure doesn't tell you how much your own body is currently producing.
    proven correlation between ring finger length and homosexuality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12