View Poll Results: type of Ben Shapiro?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

    1 3.57%
  • SEI (ISFp)

    0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

    1 3.57%
  • LII (INTj)

    1 3.57%
  • SLE (ESTp)

    0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

    0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

    0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

    4 14.29%
  • SEE (ESFp)

    2 7.14%
  • ILI (INTp)

    4 14.29%
  • LIE (ENTj)

    11 39.29%
  • ESI (ISFj)

    1 3.57%
  • IEE (ENFp)

    0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

    1 3.57%
  • LSE (ESTj)

    6 21.43%
  • EII (INFj)

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 74

Thread: Ben Shapiro

  1. #1
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Ben Shapiro

    Ne-LII?


  2. #2
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,404
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    This is probably a good video to type from, imo:


    i threw him in the gamma thread. Initial impression was definitely LII, but I think i was a bit biased based on his persona and demeanor. Thoughts now are Gamma NT though his Ti seems 4D to me which obviously makes me lean ILI. Also looks a bit like Max Born who is benchmarked as ILI. One thing that drew me away from Ni dom, initially, was the lack of the 'out of the moment' vibe, but honestly im not sure Ni doms even have that in many cases.

    A lot of his developed thought (like his books and lectures) centers around breaking down the thought process/method of argumentation of his opponents and developing a way to combat the arguments. Makes me think Tactician over Strategist in Reinin based on that. Also, when he argues he has a fairly extensive body of knowledge and leans on it without going past it. He is very attentive to the logic formulation involved in his arguments and, though he is pretty aggressive, he is quick to concede when he is wrong or when he sees a fair point. While our personalities and demeanor are fairly different, after watching enough videos I started to see a few parallels in the way we think/general cognition. I think ILI and LIE are the best options (still ILI seems a bit better), but he could still be something like LII. I just think Te ego is more likely.
    Last edited by Contra; 03-27-2016 at 05:20 AM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,327
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    mb INTJ
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  4. #4
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,850
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    LII I guess

  5. #5
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,608
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's a P type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  6. #6
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Him IQmogging some college student. I'm pro-choice but he seems pretty alpha intellectually.


  7. #7
    Haikus silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    4,747
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    updated: LII-Ne (3w4 sx/sp, NA type)

    What's clear from his quotes is that Shapiro is a "Static" type. He characterizes things by their static qualities: "Democrats are..." "Putin is..." "our lifestyle is ..." and so on. Reminds me of Jordan Peterson, another LII, no wonder that they agree on so many issues and have a similar kind of mindset. Even though he's in his mid-30s he still makes a youthful boyish impression, which hints at a "child-like" type with pronounced Ne.


    When I was a kid, I'd wake up extraordinarily early every morning and turn on the television, scanning for episodes of 'The Jetsons.' For some reason, I loved the notion of a future where there would be flying cars, supercomputers, and most of all, robot maids to take care of the chores. - Ben Shapiro

    Freedom of speech and thought matters, especially when it is speech and thought with which we disagree. The moment the majority decides to destroy people for engaging in thought it dislikes, thought crime becomes a reality. - Ben Shapiro

    When Americans are faced with the prospect that they can never earn their way to wealth, they have two choices: to rebel against the system, or to settle into depressed complacency. - Ben Shapiro

    Having children truly ends adolescence. We are all either parents or children: responsibility-takers or those who demand from others. - Ben Shapiro

    Every time we rock our babies in the night, we bring order back to a disordered world. Every time we look down at our children and cry, we make the world one shade brighter. That's what children do to us - and for us. - Ben Shapiro

    The European style of living is seductive: fewer hours worked, more hours at the cafe, less concern over self-betterment. But that style of living does not produce a purposeful life. - Ben Shapiro

    When we say 'less fortunate,' we generally mean the poor rather than the disabled, who actually are less fortunate. In truth, the poor are generally 'less fortunate' only in terms of genetics. They are certainly not less fortunate in the amount of help they receive. - Ben Shapiro

    'Noah' doesn't merely get the story wrong; like all Biblical adaptations, it's bound to do that (although some aspects of the film are out and out ridiculous). It gets the morality of the story wrong, and in the process turns God into Gaia and morality into radical deep green environmentalism. - Ben Shapiro
    Last edited by silke; 01-29-2019 at 01:24 AM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,327
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTJ
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  9. #9
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,892
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESE

  10. #10
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,849
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I just think Te ego is more likely.
    Agree. Creative-Te.

  11. #11
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoline View Post
    ESE
    This is exactly right; he doesn’t have an original thought in his body; rather, he’s an ideological spokesperson for the whatever-you-want-to-call-whatever-movement-this-is. He’s like the human version of those dinosaurs that can puff out those colorful frills and then you realize they’re tiny and have nothing to actually say. He’s like what Tom Cruise is to L. Ron, except his L. Ron is whatever conservative political figure he encountered at the formative age of 13 when he realized he could impress people, and thereby feel a sense of contribution, via his forceful parroting of the cause.

    You can tell this an alpha form of Fe because of its obvious character of holding “public executions.” Its his way of enforcing and taking on the offense the underlying Ti constructions generated by the relatively invisible and retiring LIIs and ILEs who provided for him all his underlying premises (which were likely in turn generated by beta far upstream). Because of their general cloisteredness, especially in comparison to such a self-promoting figure, people make the mistake of thinking these thoughts are his own.

    Generally ESEs are most productive in entertainment, so it would be tempting to think maybe he’s wasting his talent. Then you realize the youtube/foxnews/facebook/podcast sphere of political discourse is precisely that. Its “politics” in the sense that its “political debate,” which is really just theatre, served up to reinforce psychological perspectives by restating what everyone already believes (+Fe), but in a way that obscures the fundamentally unoriginal, and empty, character of the thing (Ni polr) and emphasizes convincing delivery (+Fe -Si) in response to the collective discomfort such perspectives have recently had to endure, so as to promote comfort in their cultural bubble

    His entire spiel is just a gish gallop of talking points in a forum where such a thing has maximum impact and minimal chance of recalcitrance on the merits, which would require a slow and careful analysis rooted in intellectual charity and rigor and not what essentially amounts to a circus… bread and circuses

    for what its worth, I feel like you've been amazingly on point lately @pinoline I really enjoy your posts, you even got me to add my 2 cents because I think most people will not see how insightful you're being right now

  12. #12
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,892
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    This is exactly right; he doesn’t have an original thought in his body; rather, he’s an ideological spokesperson for the whatever-you-want-to-call-whatever-movement-this-is. He’s like the human version of those dinosaurs that can puff out those colorful frills and then you realize they’re tiny and have nothing to actually say. He’s like what Tom Cruise is to L. Ron, except his L. Ron is whatever conservative political figure he encountered at the formative age of 13 when he realized he could impress people, and thereby feel a sense of contribution, via his forceful parroting of the cause.

    You can tell this an alpha form of Fe because of its obvious character of holding “public executions.” Its his way of enforcing and taking on the offense the underlying Ti constructions generated by the relatively invisible and retiring LIIs and ILEs who provided for him all his underlying premises (which were likely in turn generated by beta far upstream). Because of their general cloisteredness, especially in comparison to such a self-promoting figure, people make the mistake of thinking these thoughts are his own.

    Generally ESEs are most productive in entertainment, so it would be tempting to think maybe he’s wasting his talent. Then you realize the youtube/foxnews/facebook/podcast sphere of political discourse is precisely that. Its “politics” in the sense that its “political debate,” which is really just theatre, served up to reinforce psychological perspectives by restating what everyone already believes (+Fe), but in a way that obscures the fundamentally unoriginal, and empty, character of the thing (Ni polr) and emphasizes convincing delivery (+Fe -Si) in response to the collective discomfort such perspectives have recently had to endure, so as to promote comfort in their cultural bubble

    His entire spiel is just a gish gallop of talking points in a forum where such a thing has maximum impact and minimal chance of recalcitrance on the merits, which would require a slow and careful analysis rooted in intellectual charity and rigor and not what essentially amounts to a circus… bread and circuses

    for what its worth, I feel like you've been amazingly on point lately @pinoline I really enjoy your posts, you even got me to add my 2 cents because I think most people will not see how insightful you're being right now
    where the hell have u been? : D

    I swear I didnt kno who Ben Shapiro is, just focused on his faces in a video without hearing the audio...

    ahhh I'm all getting deep into socion, it's getting unhealthy I must admit.. a heart for your kind words <3

  13. #13
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha yeah that's a way quicker way to get to it, but you know people will bog you down by trying to say things like "lul but his thoughts r so deep and you haven't addressed that--can't be ESE!!", when in fact you cut past all that bullshit. But I wanted to address it before it came up or before people just ignored your insight, never giving it a chance based on their own (ironic under the circumstances) superficial judgement

    I'm pretty much over socionics but you're a ray of sunshine, which is why I haven't bothered occupying myself with it for a while but also why I wanted to chime in now

  14. #14
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,892
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Bertrand u're a rainbow look at u D

    yes sometimes it's better to focus on visual over words (non-verbal language)... but the looks too can be deceiving, tis so hard to tell...

    I was just thinking I couldn't care less of what socionics type you are anyway because you're a Leo... but you make the best EII walking over the16types nomatter what

    we can open a business partnership now

  15. #15
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,849
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    based on their own (ironic under the circumstances) superficial judgement
    speak for yourself

  16. #16
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoline View Post
    ahhh I'm all getting deep into socion, it's getting unhealthy I must admit..
    I can understand, there's so much depth to socionics, not because of socionics per se, but because of the underlying intuitive patterns that just go deeper and deeper... you can just lose yourself in it... you gotta keep your feet on the ground... I really think its stuff like that that made Nietzsche go crazy etc

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    speak for yourself
    I didn't mean to make at a jab at you, think of my words directed at pinoline as being their own little universe and having no relation to anything but us

    in other words, maybe your assessment is more correct, more objective, but I feel like me and pinoline are seeing the same thing, however wrong it may be... I don't care. I'm glad it is what it is (pinoline to me) and I feel like I have to acknowledge it, because it gets drowned out way too much and I don't like that about this world

  17. #17
    Kids Turned Out Fine
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    9,074
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can't understand LII as a choice, seems pretty much based on superficial ideas about the type. No way this combative guy has an PoLR

    Gamma is the real deal. Listen to him using valued , , and here:



    Has to be LIE/ILI > SEE/ESI.

    (Tremendously like this guy even if I don't agree with everything, he has good pragmatic/factual reasonings. It's the )

  18. #18
    Spermatozoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Your most intimate spaces
    TIM
    IEE 471 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    My view is ILI-Te or LIE-Te.

    He has a very facts/evidence based approach to arguments, and strongly dislikes both Ne and Fe (compare him to Milo Yiannopolos, ILE). Ni is much more likely than Si as an perceiving element, as he's more focused on efficiency than reliability.

  19. #19
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    on a scale of 1-10 how much do you like ben shapiro and consider him a role model, cuivenen?

  20. #20
    WE'RE ALL GOING HOME HERO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    fatherlessness (our communistic elitist socionics dogma)
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ben Shapiro: ESTj or ISFj?
























    Last edited by HERO; 01-16-2018 at 08:51 AM.

  21. #21
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,850
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm going to go with Te-LIE for him. I initially thought Ti-LII, but then the idea of him being extroverted and dominant rather than introverted and dominant started to make more sense when I saw more interviews and debates from him.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  22. #22
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,849
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^Same. After watching him, my opinion changed to Te-EJ as well.

  23. #23
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    God. So many LIE's think they did it all themselves. Born on third base and think they hit a triple.

    I remember a discussion I had in high school with the extremely liberal son of the owner of the city newspaper. He was kind of languid and hippy-dippy-ish, a pacifist and extremely smart. Both he and I were in a lot of advanced classes together. He ended up leaving the extremely profitable family business and running a non-profit organization that helped the poor in California.
    At the time, we were sitting on the stairs in the part of the high school that was frequented by the football players and the industrial arts students, and I was saying something massively stupid like "What's the point of having all the stupid people in society? Why not just let them fend for themselves? They'd all be dead in a few months. They're just freeloading off the efforts of the smart people."
    I, of course, was not in this doomed class by virtue of my hard earned efforts at being born a white male to a lawyer and a teacher in the US of A.

    He just looked at me and said, "Someday, you might need their help." And I thought, "I can't imagine any scenario in the known universe where that would happen, but he's a smart guy and I should at least consider what he says."

    I was, of course, massively wrong (and worse, I was stupid) as only an LIE-Te can be. Ben Shapiro seems a lot like my seventeen year old self. Why didn't he grow up? Is it the money he gets by shilling for the rich? Or the attention?

  24. #24
    Haikus silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    4,747
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Keeping with LII-Ne here.

    It's like which type would dream of supercomputer guided robot maids to take care of their chores? Ben Shapiro - "When I was a kid, I'd wake up extraordinarily early every morning and turn on the television, scanning for episodes of 'The Jetsons.' For some reason, I loved the notion of a future where there would be flying cars, supercomputers, and most of all, robot maids to take care of the chores."

    Going by subjective impressions - never felt any supervision from him; additionally, I have trouble placing together LIEs and attempts to draw convincing arguments based on the Biblical 10 commandments. LIEs are usually not this deeply religious, though of course there may be exceptions. Ben Shapiro - "Socialism violates at least three of the Ten Commandments: It turns government into God, it legalizes thievery and it elevates covetousness. Discussions of income inequality, after all, aren't about prosperity but about petty spite. Why should you care how much money I make, so long as you are happy?"

  25. #25
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Keeping with LII-Ne here.

    It's like which type would dream of supercomputer guided robot maids to take care of their chores? Ben Shapiro - "When I was a kid, I'd wake up extraordinarily early every morning and turn on the television, scanning for episodes of 'The Jetsons.' For some reason, I loved the notion of a future where there would be flying cars, supercomputers, and most of all, robot maids to take care of the chores."
    I used to do the same thing. There was one episode where the family was flying around and they were all playing cards or something while the car flew itself. I thought, "Wow! What a great idea!"
    Even then, I knew that it was the idea of the possible that is important. The implementation can eventually follow when technology catches up. But having the idea....That's what is important.
    I also liked the sliding sidewalks. I'm still waiting for the signs on cars that send messages to other drivers. And my jet pack, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Going by subjective impressions - never felt any supervision from him; additionally, I have trouble placing together LIEs and attempts to draw convincing arguments based on the Biblical 10 commandments. Ben Shapiro - "Socialism violates at least three of the Ten Commandments: It turns government into God, it legalizes thievery and it elevates covetousness. Discussions of income inequality, after all, aren't about prosperity but about petty spite. Why should you care how much money I make, so long as you are happy?"
    My LSE mother used to say this to us kids. Even then, I thought it was bullshit. Inequality is corrosive.
    @silke, are you having trouble associating LIE's with a belief in the Bible? I know an LIE who is a total nutjob about religion. Only one, though.

  26. #26
    Haikus silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    4,747
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I used to do the same thing. There was one episode where the family was flying around and they were all playing cards or something while the car flew itself. I thought, "Wow! What a great idea!"
    Even then, I knew that it was the idea of the possible that is important. The implementation can eventually follow when technology catches up. But having the idea....That's what is important.
    I also liked the sliding sidewalks. I'm still waiting for the signs on cars that send messages to other drivers. And my jet pack, of course.
    And have you ever dreamed of your house being overrun by robot maids fulfilling your every physical need? Doesn't sounds like a Se hidden agenda and certainly not something I would wish for myself. With Se you make yourself strive towards the outcomes rather than wish for this kind of convenient life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My LSE mother used to say this to us kids. Even then, I thought it was bullshit. Inequality is corrosive.
    What about Shapiro's argument here? How effective are any such arguments made from the Bible from an LIE standpoint?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ... Ben Shapiro seems a lot like my seventeen year old self. Why didn't he grow up? Is it the money he gets by shilling for the rich? Or the attention?
    He happens to be a "child-like" type, and I've noticed the same. Types with pronounced Ne tend to make that youthful impression. Even though he's in his mid-30s he still surprisingly impresses very much like a boy.

  27. #27
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    And have you ever dreamed of your house being overrun by robot maids fulfilling your every physical need? Doesn't sounds like a Se hidden agenda and certainly not something I would wish for myself. With Se you make yourself strive towards the outcomes rather than wish for this kind of convenient life.
    I actually would like to have my house cleaned by robots while I'm away. I've even thought of making everything waterproof and just turning on sprinklers in the ceiling once a week. I actually did make my bathroom waterproof. Correction. I could fill it with water up to the electrical outlets and everything would be fine. Except what leaked out under the door. Haven't solved that yet.

    I'm all for striving for outcomes, but I hate doing maintenance. I'm redoing my house, and one big goal is to eliminate sources of dust, grease, and tracked-in dirt.

    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    What about Shapiro's argument here? How effective are any such arguments made from the Bible from an LIE standpoint?
    Well, IMO, Biblical logic is often very iffy. The rules are mostly based on experience, which is not the worst guide in the world, but not the best, either. And most of them are aimed at the unquestioned racial survival of a small tribe in the desert, surrounded by enemies and dehumanizing their neighbors in their fight for scarce resources.
    The situation has changed radically since then. Resources are plentiful, and those who use the old arguments for the purpose of hoarding resources to themselves are not admitting their very real dependence on others. They are just making a bullshit argument for being selfish.*

    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

    He happens to be a "child-like" type, and I've noticed the same. Types with pronounced Ne tend to make that youthful impression. Even though he's in his mid-30s he still impresses very much like a boy.
    Could be. I do think he VI's more LIE than LII. That doesn't mean much, though, given my VI track record.


    *To be fair, conservatives like Shapiro are much better at building and supporting a small community of like-minded people than liberals are. I just wish they could expand their definition of tribe to include all humans, and perhaps some other life forms, while they are at it.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is how I visualize Ben Shapiro.
    Spr_4d_319.png

  29. #29
    Formerly Chuck's Sneeds Feed and Seed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPanPrinciple View Post
    This is how I visualize Ben Shapiro.
    Spr_4d_319.png
    why the fuck did I laugh at this

    I AM THE KING OF ALABAMA


  30. #30
    AndyW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    TIM
    IEE-2Ne/9w1/954/Crtv
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I watch quite a lot of his stuff. Gamma NT almost certainly. I suspect LIE over ILI.

  31. #31
    MrsTortilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ben Shapiro is on friendly terms with Sam Harris (in real life) despite their differing politics and clashes during debates or whatever. I guess Gamma but the waking up early to watch the Jetsons every morning reminds me of LSI for some reason.

  32. #32
    Danali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lundun
    TIM
    xxE
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's defo some sort of Te-Fi type >>> Ti-Fe.

    ALL of his arguments are fact based and he actively criticises anyone who doesn't consider the facts.
    Depending on who you talk to,
    I'm either deceptively deep
    or deceptively shallow.

  33. #33
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    970
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Te ego makes sense. I’m leaning towards LSE.

  34. #34
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    SLEazy 8w9
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lie

  35. #35
    Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    TIM
    IEI-3Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He is a typical traditional, uptight LSE. His thinking is not particularly abstract, he's very rigid and literal. Listen to him speak on pop culture or the family, the delta values are evident. He is critical of anything vulgar, aggressive, or animalistic (anti Se). He used to do pop culture song reviews on his show and they're kind of hilarious because he doesn't recognize when someone is being poetic or using figures of speech (Ni polr), also he compares everything to classical music or Frank Sinatra (his Si uses music of the past as the default standard). Him enjoying the Jetsons reminds me of my parents (LSE and SLI) enjoyment of sci-films and Star Trek. They're drawn to those imaginative worlds because of the Ne. Basically he's a sensor but his intelligence and verbal ability make him seem stereotypically intuitive.

    Here he criticizes Ariana Grande (ENFJ):


    Here he criticizes a rap song by pedantically correcting the grammar rather than speaking on the lyrical meaning:

  36. #36
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    325
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    God. So many LIE's think they did it all themselves. Born on third base and think they hit a triple.

    I remember a discussion I had in high school with the extremely liberal son of the owner of the city newspaper. He was kind of languid and hippy-dippy-ish, a pacifist and extremely smart. Both he and I were in a lot of advanced classes together. He ended up leaving the extremely profitable family business and running a non-profit organization that helped the poor in California.
    At the time, we were sitting on the stairs in the part of the high school that was frequented by the football players and the industrial arts students, and I was saying something massively stupid like "What's the point of having all the stupid people in society? Why not just let them fend for themselves? They'd all be dead in a few months. They're just freeloading off the efforts of the smart people."
    I, of course, was not in this doomed class by virtue of my hard earned efforts at being born a white male to a lawyer and a teacher in the US of A.

    He just looked at me and said, "Someday, you might need their help." And I thought, "I can't imagine any scenario in the known universe where that would happen, but he's a smart guy and I should at least consider what he says."

    I was, of course, massively wrong (and worse, I was stupid) as only an LIE-Te can be. Ben Shapiro seems a lot like my seventeen year old self. Why didn't he grow up? Is it the money he gets by shilling for the rich? Or the attention?
    You're a very introspective person, especially for an LIE. I appreciate that about you. Your posts are always interesting to read.
    He has told you, o man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your god?

  37. #37
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,997
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE

  38. #38
    Dalek Caan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not going to post links of other people bashing him or talk about anything specific, since if the Trump thread taught me anything, most of us already have an opinion about him, regardless of what anyone says or thinks.

    But I am going to say that a lot of critical thinkers/critics (which often fit the stereotype of an ILI) find major flaws in his reasoning, conclusions, philosophies, and just general thinking. He's also very obviously defending the conservative stance against a liberal one and painting everything into a political us-vs-them stance. It's possible he's just an LIE just playing on all that crap to make bank $$$. But that kind of thinking doesn't really lend well to Gamma values of individuality and seeing people as individuals over generalizing people and society into overly-simplistic political affiliations. So it seems like a stretch. Plus what kind of LIE would want to be known for putting on such a farce? Is it even all that interesting?

    There is this though - https://www.reddit.com/r/mbti/commen...gs_type_today/
    So apparently he admitted to being ExTJ, but didn't seem to want to talk about whether he was N or S, saying he couldn't remember which one he was... I think that says a lot about his kind of thinking, given that the N/S divide is probably the most interesting and complex and someone who is more of an intuitive thinker would probably have a lot to say about it. But he didn't.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

  39. #39
    Dalek Caan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Here he criticizes a rap song by pedantically correcting the grammar rather than speaking on the lyrical meaning:

    God...I'd swear it was a satire or something, but he seems so sincere about it all...he's like an old man complaining about what the newer generations are into.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

  40. #40
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,948
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE-Te

    It's like almost everything he says is extroverted logic. Facts facts facts, data data data, so forth.
    If he's logically inconsistent, it's because of Ti Ignoring, not Sensing.

    He lacks the physicality, embodiment of 4D Se. His mind works at a rapid-fire speed, his conceptualizations and fast rhetorical clap-backs are typical of high extroversion coupled with 4D Ne.

    Also, like a stereotypical extrovert, he has a higher energetic current and talks loudly and fast.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

    *********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •