Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardi b

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE - very try-hard Ne and lacking "substance" in the Ni sense. I don't get the sense that there is anything deeper going on, which I often will even for over the top SEEs. I think Sp/So. She has very little actual charisma and tries to rely on being "omg so random" and cheap shock tactics. Not my favourite, but I will forgive her.

ETA: that interview she did with Jimmy Kimmel was straight up cringe

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    ESE - very try-hard Ne and lacking "substance" in the Ni sense. I don't get the sense that there is anything deeper going on, which I often will even for over the top SEEs. I think Sp/So. She has very little actual charisma and tries to rely on being "omg so random" and cheap shock tactics. Not my favourite, but I will forgive her.

ETA: that interview she did with Jimmy Kimmel was straight up cringe
    Yes, thank you. That’s what I was trying to convey when I said originally that Cardi likes drawing out emotional reactions as her way of getting attention. It’s the
    >>”omg so random” cheap Ne shock tactics<< version of Fe. The Ni spin on Fe is more like glam rock David Bowie, larger-than-life mystique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Yes, thank you. That’s what I was trying to convey when I said originally that Cardi likes drawing out emotional reactions as her way of getting attention. It’s the
    >>”omg so random” cheap Ne shock tactics<< version of Fe. The Ni spin on Fe is more like glam rock David Bowie, larger-than-life mystique.

Yeah, exactly. Anyone who tries to exploit their bottom functions, especially their HA function, typically just winds up looking cringe. ILEs will employ similar tactics as Cardi B, but the difference is there is Ni there to nuance it a bit more. Also, there usually is "a point" to it all. There is definitely the brand of LSE and ESE that is "omg so random" for the sake of being random. Ne-ego will say, "aww, whatever" and Ni says, "what tf is the point of this nonsense?"

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    So it /doesn't have a point/. Ehhh.
    Correct. There’s no underlying meaning behind their “omg I’m so random” for Ne valuers.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct. There’s no underlying meaning behind their “omg I’m so random” for Ne valuers.
    Not true exactly. This is only true for Si-Egos, particularly Ni-POLR. Most Ne-egos, or at least the decently intelligent ones, will have an underlying "point" for a lot of it to some degree. It is more so that they are comfortable when there is no point. Also, they don't harp on "the point" obsessively like Ni can sometimes do.

LSE and ESE are the true "omg I am, like, just so random," people. They will just do/say random things purely to prove how random they are without realizing that truly strong Ne will often say/come up with something "random" to express their underlying opinion (e.g., Jonathan Swift with Gulliver's Travels. A strange "random" situation, but there was obviously a point to it all.) Anecdotally, as an ILE, I think this is due to the fact that I do not like being bogged down by "reality" when I am trying to express my Ti-opinion (which is more principled/abstract than maybe SLE/LSI Ti due to it being paired with N), so it is easier for me to make up a random situation that allows me to accurately express my views, but also in such a way that there is still room for ambiguity (Ne will rarely set in to one perspective because they are uncomfortable with it - every perspective is seen "at once"). IEE does a similar thing but they do it with more Fi content.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cardi b

Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    Not true exactly. This is only true for Si-Egos, particularly Ni-POLR. Most Ne-egos, or at least the decently intelligent ones, will have an underlying "point" for a lot of it to some degree. It is more so that they are comfortable when there is no point. Also, they don't harp on "the point" obsessively like Ni can sometimes do.

LSE and ESE are the true "omg I am, like, just so random," people. They will just do/say random things purely to prove how random they are without realizing that truly strong Ne will often say/come up with something "random" to express their underlying opinion (e.g., Jonathan Swift with Gulliver's Travels. A strange "random" situation, but there was obviously a point to it all.) Anecdotally, as an ILE, I think this is due to the fact that I do not like being bogged down by "reality" when I am trying to express my Ti-opinion (which is more principled/abstract than maybe SLE/LSI Ti due to it being paired with N), so it is easier for me to make up a random situation that allows me to accurately express my views, but also in such a way that there is still room for ambiguity (Ne will rarely set in to one perspective because they are uncomfortable with it - every perspective is seen "at once"). IEE does a similar thing but they do it with more Fi content.
    Excellent points. I hadn’t thought of it that far (welp my Ne usage is very limited). ILE & LII I can definitely see having points, but it’s not immediately obvious because they’re concerned with conceptual spheres. I do notice that I have patience for Alpha NTs that I won’t bother considering for Deltas of any type. I was mainly thinking of Deltas when I wrote about Ne valuers as they really are pointless.

As for how Ti gets utilized when blocked with Se... it’s different because it’s about real-life dealings. Conceptual spheres don’t really matter much for me, because as SLE, I learn from drawing real life experience/tangible evidence first and then matching it up to theory. I have the tendency of organizing my thoughts between 2 categories: what works and what doesn’t.

SLE dislikes Ne but is ok with it on a limited level (this is one of most obvious ways I can spot who’s Se lead and who’s Ne lead). Not everything has a point, which is something SLE can accept, but don’t like that pointlessness gets expressed out into the material world because that falls under the category of “what doesn’t work.” For SLE, I’d say “Ne is annoying, but whatever.”

LSI really hates Ne being it’s their PoLR. Any whiff of pointlessness aka what falls outside of LSI’s instantaneous perception will be met with aggression. They’re quite precise with how to apply Se, as in making sure all the (explicit) rules and points are followed through. LSI is actually quite ideological, but they want to enforce ideological rules in real life, so that’s their “point.”

Heh. ILE supervises LSI and drives them crazy by making LSI’s rules become pointless. I’m ok with that, because I’m generally on good terms with ILE and I like watching my mirror suffer

Last edited by Lolita; 09-26-2020 at 01:52 PM.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent points. I hadn’t thought of it that far (welp my Ne usage is very limited). ILE & LII I can definitely see having points, but it’s not immediately obvious because they’re concerned with conceptual spheres. I do notice that I have patience for Alpha NTs that I won’t bother considering for Deltas of any type. I was mainly thinking of Deltas when I wrote about Ne valuers as they really are pointless.

As for how Ti gets utilized when blocked with Se... it’s different because it’s about real-life dealings. Conceptual spheres don’t really matter much for me, because as SLE, I learn from drawing real life experience/tangible evidence first and then matching it up to theory. I have the tendency of organizing my thoughts between 2 categories: what works and what doesn’t.

SLE dislikes Ne but is ok with it on a limited level (this is one of most obvious ways I can spot who’s Se lead and who’s Ne lead). Not everything has a point, which is something SLE can accept, but don’t like that pointlessness gets expressed out into the material world because that falls under the category of “what doesn’t work.” For SLE, I’d say “Ne is annoying, but whatever.”

LSI really hates Ne being it’s their PoLR. Any whiff of pointlessness aka what falls outside of LSI’s instantaneous perception will be met with aggression. They’re quite precise with how to apply Se, as in making sure all the (explicit) rules and points are followed through. LSI is actually quite ideological, but they want to enforce ideological rules in real life, so that’s their “point.”

Heh. ILE supervises LSI and drives them crazy by making LSI’s rules become pointless. I’m ok with that, because I’m generally on good terms with ILE and I like watching my mirror suffer

Yes, I find Alpha NTs (particularly ILEs) and Beta STs get along quite well, actually. I think that this is particularly true of ILEs who have Sx in their stacking. SLEs are actually probably the type I get along with the best in terms of what I look for in a friend to have fun with, with maybe the exception of ESE. Delta Ne is definitely different from Alpha NT as it is blocked with Te. I find that a lot of Deltas (particularly Delta NFs) use their Ne + Te HA to become very knowledge about random, essentially useless topics. I am all fine with that, but they will bring up these topics in conversation that so clearly no one is interested in (read the room: Fe). Alpha NTs who are Sx-last tend to get along well better with Delta NFs; whereas those with Sx seem to get along well with Beta STs. That is just my own experience anyways. ILE-Ti + decent SX can get along well with LSI. I definitely think the ILE-LSI supervisory relationship is one of the better ones, but maybe that is just because I am the supervisor in the relationship. I think it becomes problematic when the ILE is socially oblivious. I recognize pretty quickly that LSIs don't care about having silly debates about random, conceptual topics so I just don't do that with them; I do that with other Alpha NTs and Deltas. My old LSI co-worker and I got along great, but that was mainly because we just talked about how stupid with thought everyone else was and would tell each other stories about hook-ups, times we got too drunk, etc. The benefit of Ne supervision is that Ne is inherently flexible, adaptable, and will respect your view, so I think that so long as Ne-lead is not oblivious then they will just quickly pick up on what the LSI/ESI values and allow them to be obnoxiously narrow-minded about it while just going

LSI: X, Y, Z

Socially Adept ILE:
    ILE (aloud): I completely agree
    ILE (internally): But there is an asterisk.

Socially Oblivious ILE:
    ILE (aloud): well, technically no, because X, but maybe a little because Y, but then again I dunno because Z, but yeah I guess you're sort of right so long as you don't consider A,B,C,D, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I do that with other ILEs. Would never do it with an LSI though. They would dissolve into an existential crisis I think.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think because I’m a social 8... how do I put this? I love it when others suffer meltdowns. I don’t normally go causing it, as it’s not my intention, but somehow, I’m able to say things that sensitive “souls” take out of context and then get all freaked out over nothing. I’ve been criticized by a lot of NFs for causing their meltdowns and this is how they’ve described me, “You’re an opportunistic asshole who likes to take advantage of others’ weaknesses and vulnerabilities and turn it around and use it against them. You’re devoid for empathy and a sociopath.” They must be talking about my Se heh People’s minds can’t be all that frail. What a laugh!!

I don’t think I’ve caused any LIIs that crossed my path to suffer feelings of inadequacy. Or I hope I didn’t. I like LIIs.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching more interviews with her and this serious interview, I think she’s really SEE, specifically dominant subtype. She’s very engaging with Fe but she is full of Se and really don’t do anything Si. Her early music is all about power and controlling how others see her is Se to Fe.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    After watching more interviews with her and this serious interview, I think she’s really SEE, specifically dominant subtype. She’s very engaging with Fe but she is full of Se and really don’t do anything Si. Her early music is all about power and controlling how others see her is Se to Fe.

She is awesome, but when I found out how she drugged a dude, before sex, and stole his property, I realized she might just be just another psycho.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    She is awesome, but when I found out how she drugged a dude, before sex, and stole his property, I realized she might just be just another psycho.
    That’s fair assessment. I don’t know if I like her since I don’t know her as person but I like that she’s really hilarious. I like that she fought for herself, hustled her way out of her bad relationship when she was too ashamed to ask her mom to come back home. She’s really gutsy, really a powerhouse. She made money and came back to take care of her family. That’s the resilience of Fi. She had explosive relationships with family and still stuck by them. “I don’t really need the D, I need money.” I mean, yeah, I totally agree with her 100. Money is more important than anything else.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She talks about Se subjects a lot. She mentions that when she was pregnant that she had to look at clothes through FaceTime and she couldn’t feel the material so she didn’t know how it would be irl. That’s pretty important since Se need the tangible component in order to make a judgment.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE. How is she a Caretaker?
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Just another fake ass puppet used to promote an agenda.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Just another fake ass puppet used to promote an agenda.
    Yeah she does have a fakeass but she’s not a puppet promoting any type of agenda, except her own. She’s a bit too wild to be controlled or manipulated.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    Yeah she does have a fakeass but she’s not a puppet promoting any type of agenda, except her own. She’s a bit too wild to be controlled or manipulated.
    hahahaha she’s literally a musician controlled by a record company. She’s told and promoted to act a certain way, just like the rest of them. If she couldn’t be controlled and was too wild outside the act, you know she wouldn’t be on the label. They would have dumped her long ago. Whatever you see of her as Cardi B, it isn’t her full personality.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She always makes me laugh when she randomly does that purring noise.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha she’s literally a musician controlled by a record company. She’s told and promoted to act a certain way, just like the rest of them. If she couldn’t be controlled and was too wild outside the act, you know she wouldn’t be on the label. They would have dumped her long ago. Whatever you see of her as Cardi B, it isn’t her full personality.
    She was popular on social media long before being an artist or having a contract. She has the exact same personality now as she did back then.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    She was popular on social media long before being an artist or having a contract. She has the exact same personality now as she did back then.
    On "social media". Still not 100% accurate but okay. So I'm assuming we're typing Cardi B the persona and her as a person from what we know of her? A mix of both. I just want to know because yeah, it's obviously not just her who has a performer persona. Some people do type personas seperate from the people. Some do them both together.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, record labels are fine with certain levels of notoriety because that gets publicity. She’s already been to court on several cases due to physical fights since that’s just her bad temper. Now it’s divorce time, so there’s some publicity on that. I don’t think she’s done things strictly for publicly unless it aligns with being herself, so her record label doesn’t have to crack the whip on her. Cardi is very hands on with her physical looks, the outfits and whatnot. She’s not without talent and personality. She’s funny and forceful. She’s also someone who was dirt poor and came up from the streets. So it’s not like she’s been scouted and groomed. So yes, you’re right she doesn’t reveal all of her personality, but no one does that anyway. Mute point.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cardi B is an ESE imo.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna go way against the grain and type her as my identical

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Si valuing

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cardi - IEE
    Nikki - ESE

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12