Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IEIs/INFps and receiving gifts

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs/INFps and receiving gifts

Can an INFp's heart be won with expensive gifts?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that they're as shallow as that, at least I'd like to think that.

I don't think that expensive gifts work on my sister at anyy rate.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it. Romance would work better. Candle-lit dinner and such.
    INFP

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Oyburger

Would you fall for someone that was full of optimism and that would look after your health?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    @Oyburger

Would you fall for someone that was full of optimism and that would look after your health?
    As opposed to optimism I would look for confidence and I do not like someone breathing down my neck about my health, that's what my mother is for .
    My husband looks after my health but it gets annoying because I don't like to be told what to do, but it has its upsides too.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Winning an INFps heart

Yes, definitely. And while we're at it, INFps relish the thought of being raped. Victimization makes us hawt.

On second thought...
    Why don't you get off the computer, meet some actual people, and fucking find out for yourself?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Depends on the motives.

Motives are everything to me.

If you buy me something expensive just because you want in my pants or want some sort of fake affection, then fuck you.

If you buy me something expensive because you just don't know how to express how much you love me or awesome you think I am, aww.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Why don't you get off the computer, meet some actual people, and fucking find out for yourself?
    Tell me your home address so I can meet you and give you an expensive gift. Make sure you give me the money before hand so I can buy you an expensive gift.

How do you feel about me buying you 10 lots of top of the range Pampers?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Aurora
    What is meant by wanting fake affection?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the opposite would happen. I don't now if this is true for other INFp-s, but for me most of the time I'm like a mirror. If you start treating me like an object you'll get it right back at you. Buy me gifts, try to somehow manipulate me into doing what you want from me and you'll just get a counter reaction from me and in the end you will end up manipulated and used, not me. Every part of your personality you give you get right back at you.
    So buying gifts means nothing and everything depending on how much heart and soul went into it cause that is the only thing I will see. Like aurora mentioned, it doesn't matter if you bought a piece of shit of a present because you don't know how to buy good presents.

I have a feeling you have a big misunderstanding on what it means to be INFp. We look with our Fe, we think with out Ni.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IFps all love emotional distress. It's the irrational way.

If you are emotionally distressful to them, with a sliver of sexuality, you'll be fine. ((this is because they don't have the gumption to outrightly say "my god, you're irrational!", but instead would get more joy from struggling to put up with your faults. If there is physical attraction, it can lead to emotional attraction, and emotional attraction can subordinate rationality or logis to an extreme)). If you are too nice to them, you'll be disregarded. They don't need to help you. They need to help the people who would hurt them, or who are similarly irrational. That way, they can have an emotional, irrational life that they so desire.

If you want to win an I-Fp, then wait for them to become slightly attached to a J type, especially of the careful or infantile attitude. But then step in by quickly having a deep emotional experience (such as sex), and then get them in emotional drama, and get them confused about who they love more. Or, maybe as it appears to them, who 'loves them' more, you or the other guy. If you victimize I-Fp enough, and treat them poorly enough, but still show some consistency in your affection or desire for them (PARTICULARLY if you leave them for a whlie and then come back to the I-Fp), then you can win their heart.

I know that sounds mean, but that's from my standpoint. I've seen it happen numerous times, and that's how it works.

Having a drug or other major problem also seems to be a sort of turn on to I-Fps. Where as ISfps (careful erotic attitude) love to give sympathy, INFp (victim) probably just enjoy constant victimization. Both can be rationalize by putting up with emotional distress via their love for the person who causes them this distress.

Again, a very negative standpoint, but perhaps points to some of the truth.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herzy, so what would you do?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Most likely attract them with her sexy ESTp-ness
    What does that involve?

Creepy-aurora_faerie

@ Aurora
    What is meant by wanting fake affection?

They feel lonely/rejected so they need some sort of affection to make themselves feel better, and they trick you into giving it to them. In other words, it's like being used.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by HumanBean
    UDP LXIX, Where the fuck do you come up with this shit? You make it seem as though IXFp's have serious emotional and psychological problems. You have a really warped perspective on people of this type. You already have this preconceived notion as to how these people "act" that anyone that acts out in that manner you automatically type them as IXFp's. That's a proplem with many people on this board, and oddly enough is why I always come back and read what people have to say here. For some reason I get a kick out of what a lot of people say here. I have issues. I'm so irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Who loves emotional distress? Seriously, who loves being treated like shit?

If you are emotionally distressful to them, with a sliver of sexuality, you'll be fine. ((this is because they don't have the gumption to outrightly say "my god, you're irrational!", but instead would get more joy from struggling to put up with your faults.
    Like zomg you're like totally so irrational? When I'm a dick, which I am constantly, the first person to put me on check is my INFp wife. She's like, "zomg god you're totally so fucking irrational. Like calm the fuck down." (It seems my wife talks like a 12 year old girl) But honestly, when I'm a dick my wife lets me know I'm a dick. She has absolutely no problem letting me know that i'm being "irrational." She also has absolutely no problem calling people out on their bullshit. She usually tries to avoid it, because she dislikes conflict, but when push comes to shove she doesn't back down. She doesn't get some sort of orgasmic joy when some one treats her like shit. She feels terrible. She really dislikes it. Do you fucking get it.

If there is physical attraction, it can lead to emotional attraction, and emotional attraction can subordinate rationality or logis to an extreme)). If you are too nice to them, you'll be disregarded. They don't need to help you. They need to help the people who would hurt them, or who are similarly irrational. That way, they can have an emotional, irrational life that they so desire.
    Ok Dr. Phil. Every IXFp thanks you for enlightening the IXFp. Now they can enter the real world and find healthy, meaningful and spiritual relationships. On behalf of the IXFp's, they thank you for your knowledge and wisdom that you have blessed them with on this fine day.
    On the other hand. Every person who wants to attract an IXFp thanks you for the wisdom you've imparted.

Why would anyone, rational or not, need to help only those that hurt them. That's a truly unhealthy behavior, AND IT IS NOT TYPE RELATED. So stop lumping behavior you don't like into these boxes called Beta, IXFp's, and irrationals.

But then step in by quickly having a deep emotional experience (such as sex), and then get them in emotional drama, and get them confused about who they love more. Or, maybe as it appears to them, who 'loves them' more, you or the other guy.
    Yeah I get this. I understand this. It seems as though IXFp's have no mind of their own. They don't know what they like and dislike. So the "predator" has to make up their mind for them. You know, they have absolutely no idea what their feelings mean. Those pathetic IXFp's. So gullible. So naive. So easily corrupted and confused. Yes these little, lesser humans.

Do you feel superior writing shit like this? Does this make your existence much more delightful? Knowing that you're so much more better than these people? Is it, like orgasmic?

If you victimize I-Fp enough, and treat them poorly enough, but still show some consistency in your affection or desire for them (PARTICULARLY if you leave them for a whlie and then come back to the I-Fp), then you can win their heart.
    Where do you come up with this shit?

I know that sounds mean, but that's from my standpoint. I've seen it happen numerous times, and that's how it works.
    This is not mean. This is absurd and pathetic.

Having a drug or other major problem also seems to be a sort of turn on to I-Fps. Where as ISfps (careful erotic attitude) love to give sympathy, INFp (victim) probably just enjoy constant victimization. Both can be rationalize by putting up with emotional distress via their love for the person who causes them this distress.

Again, a very negative standpoint, but perhaps points to some of the truth.
    Again where the fuck do you come up with this shit?

You are the 4th best ESTp I know.

Patrick (boyfriend)
    My Uncle Bob
    Herzy
    You
    My dad
    Superman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it when supervisors try to supervise me.

It's loosing it's effect completely now.

Don't worry, I just made you look really good infront of your dual. You can thank me later.

EDIT:

PS: , see, instant pay offs
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I like it when supervisors try to supervise me.

It's loosing it's effect completely now.

Don't worry, I just made you look really good infront of your dual. You can thank me later.

EDIT:

PS: , see, instant pay offs

I like you UDP, but you're points did annoy me because they were off, and he just happen to point out their off-ness in a really satisfying way.

<3
    AWWW, I feel so special. YOU ROCK TOO.

Me loves the Fe. I'm such an irrational!
    I also thought your post about ESTp's by an ESTp was really awesome too, I wanted to show it to my boyfriend because he would have loved it, but I couldn't find it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I guess there seem to be a lot of misconceptions about INFp’s around here.

Especially the whole "rape/being taken advantage of" thing...

Jaa

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are emotionally distressful to them, with a sliver of sexuality, you'll be fine. ((this is because they don't have the gumption to outrightly say "my god, you're irrational!", but instead would get more joy from struggling to put up with your faults. If there is physical attraction, it can lead to emotional attraction, and emotional attraction can subordinate rationality or logis to an extreme)). If you are too nice to them, you'll be disregarded. They don't need to help you. They need to help the people who would hurt them, or who are similarly irrational. That way, they can have an emotional, irrational life that they so desire.
    AHAHAHAH I CAN FEEL THE HATRED TOWARDS THE P GIRLS THAT CHEATED ON YOU FROM THOSE WORDS
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    AHAHAHAH I CAN FEEL THE HATRED TOWARDS THE P GIRLS THAT CHEATED ON YOU FROM THOSE WORDS
    I can feel how much drama and ignorance of reality exists in udp's personal life. There could be a few reasons a member of the opposite sex doesn't like you(this is for boys), and they vary with age. For the sake of example, let's use UDP's age: a. you aren't attractive enough b. You aren't going to fuck them

Also unless you are physically attractive/interesting you aren't going to be in situations with the opposite sex without potential for relationship. You won't date around and have lots of girlfriends. If you meet a girl and spend time alone with her she will probably see you in a relationship.
    asd

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think INFp's can fall for someone very quickly. I have been with a couple of INFp's now and they were quite into me, and me into them(yes literally )

Things did get stagnant though, we are both too nice to each other. She would be like "I love you" and i would be like "Yeah i love you too" but soon it was like. hmm all this emotional stuff is booring. UDP is right somewhat about the drama, ENFp's also need a bit of excitement, it cant be too easy.

She always wanted a snow globe. One day about 4 months after we broke up i bought her one and mailed it to her for her birthday. She rang me up crying. I quite like INFp's they are great people.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to seduce an INFp is to either be me or an ESTp.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Best way to seduce an INFp is to either be me or an ESTp.

Awwwlmao

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I do think INFp's can fall for someone very quickly.

it depends on what the INFp has lacked in other relationships, or think they lacked

it depends on how long they have been crushing on someone and you just never knew it

it depends on how active their imaginiation has been

and it depends on how bad they are about denial

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't fall easily. I like a certain type of guys. Like, I have a whole list of guys I have puppy crushes on or think they're cute but the serious lingering stuff, I need some sort of encouragement from the other end too. Like, I don't fall for the next cute guy walking down the street. Usually I need to know you for a bit, feel comfortable with you, you make me laugh and then you leave and I'm like ZOMg, come back, come back, waittttttttt, I LOVE YOU.

UDP, I think any type could act that way, not just INFPs. Totally suggest you don't ever ever go out with a P girl, especially INFPs.

<3 it when ESTPs defend INFPs Humanbean
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh. I find it a bit ironic that all the irrational and emotional little INFp girls are UDP's benefactors UDP, what you really want deep down is to learn from them! It is plain and simple socionics. Don't fight it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I don't fall easily. I like a certain type of guys. Like, I have a whole list of guys I have puppy crushes on or think they're cute but the serious lingering stuff, I need some sort of encouragement from the other end too. Like, I don't fall for the next cute guy walking down the street. Usually I need to know you for a bit, feel comfortable with you, you make me laugh and then you leave and I'm like ZOMg, come back, come back, waittttttttt, I LOVE YOU.
    LOL

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sighs*

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

You think that's supposed to mean something?

You're not even doing a good job of supervising me anymore, because you're so redundant. Try something new next time.

As for the facts -- I was never in a relationship with a p type girl, because the ones I was attracted to (presocionics) didn't have "relationships" like other people (read: j types), and so I never got involved with them

The majority of my irrational interpersonal realtions, especially I-Fps, has to do with friends, specifically an ISFp, who ALWAYS is WHINING TO ME about his FUCKING RELATIONSHIPS. It doesn't matter WHAT SORT OF LOGIC I use to explain the situation, IT JUST DOSN'T MATTER, and thus my resentment of p types.

As for myself, no one has ever cheated on me, because they were informed of how I felt about that before hand -- and I don't just walk into relationships without guaging its success first anyway, suckahs.

Oh, you are right about one thing, though:
    GIRLS

========
    ========

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I can feel how much drama and ignorance of reality exists in udp's personal life. There could be a few reasons a member of the opposite sex doesn't like you(this is for boys), and they vary with age. For the sake of example, let's use UDP's age: a. you aren't attractive enough b. You aren't going to fuck them

Also unless you are physically attractive/interesting you aren't going to be in situations with the opposite sex without potential for relationship. You won't date around and have lots of girlfriends. If you meet a girl and spend time alone with her she will probably see you in a relationship.

oooh, you got me there. I think I'll go cry in the corner now.

=======
    =======

UDP is right somewhat about the drama, ENFp's also need a bit of excitement, it cant be too easy.
    I don't really know any ENFps, so I can't say. A lot of p types I've seen do like 'drama' in their relationships, though. I guess it sort of makes sense...

p types prefer a certain amount of action/differntiation, where as j types prefer a certain amount of consistency.

Look, I make jokes and rude comments now and then, intentionally all be it, but I don't really hate irrationals or anything like that. I get how they work, and I can (sort of) understand the why and how. It's just not for me.....

Usually I need to know you for a bit, feel comfortable with you, you make me laugh and then you leave and I'm like ZOMg, come back, come back, waittttttttt, I LOVE YOU.

UDP, I think any type could act that way, not just INFPs. Totally suggest you don't ever ever go out with a P girl, especially INFPs.
    yeah, I figured that out a long time ago, even before socionics. But thanks for the advice anyways, it's always good to have someone confirm your beliefs.

a p girl and I would not get along, because she'd drive me crazy, and I'd hold her accountible for it.

=======
    =======

Heh. I find it a bit ironic that all the irrational and emotional little INFp girls are UDP's benefactors Razz UDP, what you really want deep down is to learn from them! It is plain and simple socionics. Don't fight it!

What the hell am I going to learn from an INFp?
    (don't take that the wrong way, but I'm being serious)

Actually, why not start a benefactor thread... hmm...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear ISFp displays, with great vibrance, the negative side of irrationality. I promise you, it would be difficult to find a finer specimin in all the land.

(but do I hate him? no. I just have trouble with how he handles relationships. We get along great otherwise, when he's not whinning about how he loves two people at the same time, and their both great people, but one seems to love him more, though the other one would be better for him, etc etc etc etc, and so on.......)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear ISFp displays, with great vibrance, the negative side of irrationality. I promise you, it would be difficult to find a finer specimin in all the land.
    Most irrational people, who have "relaitonship issues", all seem to be refering to the same general issues. My ISFp friend is the most vivid example of this that I refer to, and I've spent the most time diagnosing the effects (the negative ones which I am highlighting here, of courses) of his irrationality on his relationships.

It's not a balanced description, as I said from the very beginning. If I wanted to highlight the positive aspects of being an I-Fp in a relationship, I would have done things much differently. But that was not my objective.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to continue this ...... discussion.... we can do it over in the Alpha Quadra "a thread of many small questions".

Hopefully this thread can return to regularly scheduled programming...

(How to win an INFp's heart)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oooh, you got me there. I think I'll go cry in the corner now.
    Actually after consideration of my post it wasn't necessarily directed toward you, and it definitely wasn't intended to put you at unease or insult you. It was meant to be good advice-- but it's become obvious we run with different sorts of people and that changes our individual interpretations of the relationship and social situation.
    asd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast