TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I agree with this assessment.

For NFs empathizing and helping others is pretty much their reason for existence. For many of them its their primary tool for surviving since they often are lacking in other areas.

Many STs completely reject the notion of "giving in" to others and prefer to get what they want through force, intimidation, or their own practical know-how .

NTs like STs don't really care much about others but unlike STs they are willing to tolerate and be flexible with others when necessary since they are aware of their vulnerability.

SFs care about people as much as NFs but often misinterpret the exact needs and wants of others and end up giving kids socks for christmas.
    What is lacking for the empath?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Feel for someone is certainly "bit" weird for me. But I analyze for others for free if someone needs it. I don't listen my feelings I create probable systematic frameworks. It is bit weird to feel when one's skills are in the area of building structures and evaluating them through correlations.

Universal ethics or something. It is very removed from every day human dimension. I don't do so called wrong things.
    Example: I remember when an EII started to worry about my action: yes, it took away someone's free time but you couldn't circumvent it in any way. I did a very dense "cheat" list for that person. It saved everyone's time in the end. You could spend your time to have feels about it but...

SFs and empathy. It is clearly connected to everyday matters. With ESEs there is lots of feeling with huge lack of Ni and Ti in some cases. It gets bit frustrating at times. Caring and nice people but with SEis you can at least have bit more mind twisting aspects. I do not like to shovel Ni through people's throat. ESXx are all bit frustrating in this aspect.
    Then there is that manipulation aspect which is very clear. Do not try to apply it to me, please. Be straightforward in order to save some internal facepalms. I have to admit that it works with STs. Reminds of me about SEE LSE sibling dynamics.

There is Prof. Paul Bloom who is provocatively campaigning for against empathy.

He is actually rooting for universal systematic ethical principles and structures.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@unsuccessfull Alphamale Thank you for video. I found it really interesting, and found that it covers the way I look at things, and explains in a way that I didn't why I said that it is more important to listen and understand than it is to try to feel what the other is feeling. It also covered things that I wouldn't have thought would be included but made sense and also apply to my own approach. I usually don't watch videos, especially not all the way through, but this one was worth it.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of course an IEI will be humble and waffling on answers on a shitty self-report quiz on their own people skills. Tests like these are created to waste people's time.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234