Thread: Me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Me

Alright, one more time.

Problem with being INFJ:
    I'm not as conservative and for all of my fear of the physical world, I like s.e.x. And I'm more than the usual. And I'm more goofy and fond of playing. Quite fond of ESTPs deep inside.

Problem with being INFP:
    I'm not against rational thinking and planning (sometimes, not always but sometimes.)
    My best friend is def. ESFJ but I don't feel like her supervisee, it feels like she's my superior more, my relation to her as an INFJ is more accurate.
    INFP

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. She's def. J.
    INFP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Me

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    Alright, one more time.

Problem with being INFJ:
    I'm not as conservative and for all of my fear of the physical world, I like s.e.x. And I'm more than the usual. And I'm more goofy and fond of playing. Quite fond of ESTPs deep inside.

Not all INFjs have something against sex
    Fuck

If Ijs aren't suppposed to like sex, then I'm not INTj at all. But I am.

As someone told me........and from personal experience, INFjs just like bad boys in general, as far as being attracted to them. They don't mind virility. But they like structure and order.

How do your relaitonships generally develop? Do you need to get close, and then step back, and the get close again? etc etc?

Or do you just like a long straight linear development?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on our shortish contacts in chat I would very unreliably say INFj. Although your late forum posts distort that image a bit.

However here is a short test. When you raise a finger are you more likely to do it with your...

Index Finger

Or Middle Finger

Index Finger -> INFj
    Middle Finger -> INFp

Liking ESTps means nothing. I like ESTps too. Could you live with one in a romantic relationship is a better question. If you have any rationality or controlling nature you will FAIL (ask FDG ). And what is your take on other Beta types (ENFj, ISTj) and Delta types (ENFp,
    ISTp)?

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean middle finger. Raising the index finger makes me feel unbalanced.

I think I prefer a line relationship except with my past ones, it's most close, get back, close but that could be something about my insecurity and not type.

Well...the difference is talking opening about sex...right? That I'm not opposed to. I enjoy sexual jokes.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Not all INFjs have something against sex
    I don't know any that do. As far as I know all types like sex.
    I think this is a good time to remind that Bionicgoat who apparently is an INFj left this forum because of the new rules which don't allow random k-18 stuff to be discussed or adult entertainment to be posted freely here. I remember him calling himself a "pervert" too. So these things are quite individual. I wouldn't use this kind of stereotypes when typing.

However I would think INFps approach relationships more from purely emotional point of view ("If it feels good, it is good.") where INFjs would ponder ethical questions more ("If I have sex with a random stranger is it ethical? Should I perhaps not do it even if both of us are basically emotionally and physically willing?").

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Based on our shortish contacts in chat I would very unreliably say INFj. Although your late forum posts distort that image a bit.

However here is a short test. When you raise a finger are you more likely to do it with your...

Index Finger

Or Middle Finger

Index Finger -> INFj
    Middle Finger -> INFp

Liking ESTps means nothing. I like ESTps too. Could you live with one in a romantic relationship is a better question. If you have any rationality or controlling nature you will FAIL (ask FDG ). And what is your take on other Beta types (ENFj, ISTj) and Delta types (ENFp,
    ISTp)?
    Hahahaha so true
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am scandalised by the finger thing

On the topic, though, I have a very irrational fear of masturbation, and to some extent, sex. It feels like a violation/betrayal of the self. I'm afraid of losing control of myself to my body like that. But if I love the person, I wouldn't mind the sacrifice.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid of losing control of myself to my body like that
    Are you afraid you'd like it too much, and get addicted?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Exactly. I avoid drugs, cigarettes, alcohol and whatnot for the same reason. I identify very much with Kant's take on the matter: "The ground of proof surely lies in the fact that a man gives up his personality (throws it away) when he uses himself merely as a means for the gratification of an animal drive"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Are you INFj?
    While there's still room for doubt... Yes, it would seem so. At least, I am not INFp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

I'm not opposed to drinking/masturbating/smoking but opposed to drugs.
    INFP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure

On the topic, though, I have a very irrational fear of masturbation, and to some extent, sex. It feels like a violation/betrayal of the self. I'm afraid of losing control of myself to my body like that. But if I love the person, I wouldn't mind the sacrifice.
    are you Japanese?

IJs don't have anything against sex btw... good friggin grief... I've been with more than a few... just trust me on this one.

*edited to add punctuation
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. I avoid drugs, cigarettes, alcohol and whatnot for the same reason. I identify very much with Kant's take on the matter: "The ground of proof surely lies in the fact that a man gives up his personality (throws it away) when he uses himself merely as a means for the gratification of an animal drive"

Hmm, I know what you mean. That's how I feel about a lot of things, but I'm certain that I can manage my self sexually. THe only problem I had is that if someone was very open to my sexuality... as in, they wouldn't mind my advances, even if they were a lot. Someone approaching me relentlessly would be kind of turnoffish -- that's why I don't like ESFps, because they are too slutty (to me). But I suppose I'm not that much different. I just believe in monogamy. And believe it or not, I like seducing, even though I'm INTj. But it has to be the right kind of person that I can feel comfortable with. If I had the right kind of chemistry with a person, I'd be aggressive witht them. I actually enjoy being aggressive, but it just takes me time to get to know the person. Some people I click more easy with than others, of course.

I know this is kind of odd, and definitely not socionics, but it makes sense to me: I'm a Taurus. Reserved, and slightly possessive, but a certain lust for beauty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

are you Japanese

IJs don't have anything against sex btw... good friggin grief... I've been with more than a few... just trust me on this one.
    Japanese? http://www.fs.thewafflehouse.net/?p=16

No, Taiwanese

But I trust you on that.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy knows the truth

Interesting.

Same here, but I don't drink/smoke, myself.
    I'd guess I'd have a hard time being with a smoker, too -- I hate the smell.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the culture sorta shames sexuality somehow... I dunno, I'm not familiar enough to really speak intelligently on the matter.
    SEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I always thought of you as an INFj, just something i notice in the way you write. I could be wrong however as i could just be seeing "what i expect to see"

My INFj friend(Guy) does complain about having a low labido but he attributes this to Anit-Depressants. He seems to like sex just fine but he did always say it doesn't interest him as much as the emotional side of it.

Irrational fear of masturbation? You get over that very fast as a male. I happily have a bat any time i choose :wink:
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, well I thought that a long time ago, for a male to masterbait would be considred a huge waste. BUt at the same time, there's manga and hentai and so much more. I don't know about it, either, though, and don't want to sound like I do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting quote. So much for the argument that masturbation promotes a sense of self-worth

@ meatburger: Well, I've been playing around with the Reinin dichotomies chart, and INFj won out (18). As I spend time reading around the forum, it makes more and more sense. But funnily enough, quite a number of my friends and acquaintances are turning out to be from Alpha...

Oh and, I almost forgot. I myself admire ESTps -- but only from a distance.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mastubation is okay, so long as you don't end up depressing yourself afterwards. But being able to enjoy pleasing yourself for the sake of personal pleasure, or perhaps you're just really turned on for some reason, that's not something to get your panties bunched over.

But don't go ESFp and start telling people about it on AIM just because you feel an urge coming on

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ Kant's mental masturbation. Noone should really take seriously a man that has spent his whole life walking up and down the same street and writing overcomplicated treatises over nothing.

Besides, my take is on INFp.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    I agree, where did you find that finger thing XoX?
    It was just a passing thought. I remembered dreamer "raising a finger" in chat during one conversation she sort of disagreed with. But it was not clear to me which finger it was I just thought in case of INFj it would have been index finger as a sign of ethical judgment ("stop that!"). In case of INFp it would have been middle finger as a sign of emotional judgment ("fuck you!").
    Or something

Creepy-pokeball

Interesting.

At the same time? That is talent! *bows*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Interesting.

?? o_O

Creepy-pokeball

Interesting.

?? o_O
    Dont be jealous. Some day you will be able to drink/masturbate/smoke simutaneously, too! It may take some practice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

?? o_O
    Dont be jealous. Some day you will be able to drink/masturbate/smoke simutaneously, too! It may take some practice.
    Oh you meant that. That sounds like business as usual. Well I don't smoke though. I thought you meant it is a talent to being opposed to drugs and at the same time not being opposed to drinking/masturbating/smoking. As in there is no conceptual or ethical difference there only technical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO. Sexual jokes cheers me up so much.

Yea. I'd say my middle finger. I hardy every raise my index finger, it feels weird like *tries to point* I feel unbalanced, odd, very odd.

Who are the four who said INFJ? Why? How so?

I'm not switching back in a few months. Let's get this done.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO. Sexual jokes cheers me up so much.

Yea. I'd say my middle finger. I hardy every raise my index finger, it feels weird like *tries to point* I feel unbalanced, odd, very odd.

I can't even raise my middle finger... Too much effort

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFjs I know like sexual jokes.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[

I voted INFj based on your chat behavior. Though I have seen you there maybe twice so pretty small sample. You just give different vibe from many INFps here like aurora and sneg. And you have talked about putting leash on your partners which would drive any ESTp away immediately. Other than that I have no case.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems to respond positively to Se
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I put INFj, I can just tell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh oh...

XOX - that's personality

Aurora -> how so?
    INFP

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Me

Alright, one more time.

Problem with being INFJ:

Problem with being INFP:
    I'm not against rational thinking and planning (sometimes, not always but sometimes.)
    My best friend is def. ESFJ but I don't feel like her supervisee, it feels like she's my superior more, my relation to her as an INFJ is more accurate.
    What you need to understand, dreamer, is that this forum lives in the dark ages. Consider the possibility of INFx.

Do you favor preparation over either consideration of action or interaction? People who concentrate on preparedness think in terms of "being ready" to do something, easily seeing the character patterns in other people's daily activities and emotional responses.

Tell me, do you find a deep sense of understanding and reflection in the work of Bethooven? For INFJs and INFPs, Bethooven is nearly impenetrable. But for an INFx he should be native territory. INFxs enjoy creating profound emotional feeling in others.

Consider this draft profile I've written for INFx.

INFx - The Composer

Analytic Cycle:

Observation of the possibilities afforded by readiness states for
    internal emotive action

Thought Cycle:
    "Given this state of internal readiness, the internal emotive
    possibilities are thus...."

Psychocycle:

The Composer lives a life of sustained emotional calculus. Introverted
    feeling compares the potential quantities generated by introverted intuition
    and pursues the most gratifying observed potentials. The Composer knows
    the potential of his feelings as few others do even of their own, carefully
    examining the emotional potentials afforded by observed states of internal
    readiness. This appraisal allows the Composer an accute sense of others'
    internal potential. The Composer can anticipate feelings before they
    are felt, and may phrase his actions to acheive a desired emotional effect.
    The Composer easily pushes the boundaries of emotional readiness in his
    society, conjuring in his work states of emotion that may seem deeply
    profound and inexplicable to his audience. The human condition is his
    palette and society is his canvas; he plums the inner depths of the
    subjective experience and releases it into the world, thereby allowing
    him the benefit of new internal emotional readiness states to study
    and compell.

Unfortunately for the Composer not everyone may appreciate the dearth
    of emotions he may conjure. In particular the opposing line may be
    particularly disquieted, faced anew with its deepest, darkest fears and
    long sealed pains, not only resurrected but even endowed by the breath
    of social immortality. Not one to allow his enemies an easy target,
    the Composer is a difficult figure to corner, a source of controversy
    not easily portrayed as a social menace. But controversy has perils of
    its own, and the Composer, first an agent of the objective context
    and a consumate responder to the emotional impulses of others, may
    find the case for his own needs a difficult argument to make.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems to respond positively to Se
    Well that would suggest INFp yes. I still don't know. She is getting more INFpish all the time though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you need to understand, dreamer, is that this forum lives in the dark ages. Consider the possibility of INFx.
    If that is so, what about the relations? And functions? WHO's MY SOUL MATE?

See. That is quite INFP of me. I know when I act either INFP or INFJ. When I'm really reserved and calm, I'm INFJ. It's just that when I get comfortable with people, I get really goofy. If I feel like the person would play with me back, I'd play too. But I guess everyone thought I was INFJ at first 'cause I took my time studying my surroundings to see if I'd be comfortable playing.

SO NOW I AM.

Do you favor preparation over either consideration of action or interaction? People who concentrate on preparedness think in terms of "being ready" to do something, easily seeing the character patterns in other people's daily activities and emotional responses.
    I'm not against some preparation but like, I wanted to go on a trip with my ESFJ friend to another state to visit a college but she planned everything to the hour so I was like, never mind, no excitement left, blah blah. I like to know and be prepared but I also like surprises and mysteries (if they're good.) And for all my need to be prepared, I'm not great at it. Something always goes wrong.
    INFP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, an INFj I know is very much into haveing structure and a plan.

But another one I know, more likely an subtype, is very easy going, and one of the sweetest, calmsest, most down to earth and playful persons you'll come across. She likes to play, but has her values. She likes virility in men, and doesn't mind being feminine. I could see her being 'attracted' to an ESTp type, but she'd know enough not to really get involved with them. The bad boy/virility type is appealing, because it contrasts her yielding feminine side -- she enjoys being feminine.

How many people can you be in a relationship (on an emotional level) at once? Do you ever linger a lot? Do you enjoy such lingering? Do you enjoy (though perhaps passive aggressively) the drama that such situations create, of indecision and wonder? Or do you prefer firm decisions to be made so that you get out of those situations, the sooner the better?

I know that's slightly tainted or biased, but it's the best representation I could generate at this second.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast