Until recently, I always thought I was basically alone in that I hate watching movies and most TV shows. When I watch them, I either start tuning them out and wishing they'd just end, or I criticize them heavily. I went to see Star Wars, the first movie I've gone to see in a theater in a very long time, and the same held true for me. It was just trite garbage with Mary Sue characters and action scenes that seemed predictable and boring. I can get into the concept of a movie, such as a mystical Force and an epic battle between light and dark, but I don't actually enjoy the movies that much. That goes for any movie.

I recently googled on hating movies, and was surprised that it seems to be mostly women who chimed in on how they don't enjoy watching movies. A lot of them seemed ESI-ish in how they described their lives. Some would say things such as they enjoy just being alone without the noise and would rather teach their children how to bake a cake than sit through a movie, etc. It made me wonder if Gamma might be prone toward not enjoying movies.