View Poll Results: Conor McGregor's type?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

1 11.11%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

2 22.22%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 11.11%
  • SEE (ESFp)

3 33.33%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 11.11%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 11.11%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor MMA fighter

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Conor McGregor MMA fighter

SEI or SLI ?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE. Absolutely, positively Ni/Se valuing.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see Ni/Se no doubt as well.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Connor McGregor, the MMA fighter

Anybody know this little guy and his big personality?
    I've heard he was ESTp, but also ENTj, so I'm curious what you guys think, if there hasn't been a topic about this guy already
    Tbh personally I think he's a bloody hero, I wish I was like him: not afraid of anything or anybody, always looking for more of a challenge (taunting people when he gets hit in a fight (''Is that it?'') etc. Also his charisma and confidence is through the roof, always knows what to say back at people coming at him, mocking them. He kind of acts like an asshole, but you know that what he's saying is right, that's the difference from a real asshole and this freaking hero. I think he might have a fair shot of being an ENTp, or even ESFp.

Him in action:

Him making a comeback after being trash talked, no effort:

Taunting his opponents during fights:

More all-round footage:

Let me know what you think

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LxE ;3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems beta to me. I would think EIE or SLE but could be wrong. I could see Se HA. Let us do a process of elimination. We seem to agree he is an extrovert who values Se. SEE could work too. I have heard SEE is the most beta of gamma types.

He is playing a role too. He is playing it up. IRL I bet he is normal.

He is all about timing and precision. Not power and speed. Bruce Lee like stuff.

"Timing beats speed, precision beats power." -Connor.

He is charismatic but is smart and sees the big picture and long term. He knows what he is worth to the UFC. No fighter has ever had such power in the organization. Or made as much money. He is their highest paid fighter ever.

"At home I am a nice guy: but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far." - Muhammad Ali
    Last edited by Tearsofaclown; 06-29-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very center of attention, flashy, arrogant...Definitely an Se type.

If you watch more of his videos, he's wayyy too hard/ruthless to be SEE, I could definitely see Fi-PoLR, especially with all his current theatrics with boxing Floyd Mayweather.

To put things into perspective, he's an MMA fighter claiming that he can take down Floyd Mayweather IN MAYWEATHER'S OWN SPORT, arguable the BEST boxer this generation has seen.

That's like Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer player) calling out Michael Jordan to a game of 1 on 1 basketball and saying he'd WRECK Jordan lol.

CLASSIC SLE imo

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post

If you watch more of his videos, he's wayyy too hard/ruthless to be SEE, I could definitely see Fi-PoLR, especially with all his current theatrics with boxing Floyd Mayweather.

To put things into perspective, he's an MMA fighter claiming that he can take down Floyd Mayweather IN MAYWEATHER'S OWN SPORT, arguable the BEST boxer this generation has seen.

That's like Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer player) calling out Michael Jordan to a game of 1 on 1 basketball and saying he'd WRECK Jordan lol.

CLASSIC SLE imo
    He doesn't really believe that. lol. Or maybe he does. You know how much money he is gonna make for that fight? Around 50 million dollars. What is he supposed to say? "He is gonna whoop my ass." Connor could get knocked out in 5 seconds and still come out a major winner from that fight. He's set for life. It is win-win. There is no shame in losing to one of the best ever in his own sport as you said.

Speaking of Irish fighters. Tyson Fury. I think he is champ still in boxing. Also over the top shit talking. Saying he can beat MMA fighters. He is just trying to get his name out there.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
    He doesn't really believe that. lol. Or maybe he does. You know how much money he is gonna make for that fight? Around 50 million dollars. What is he supposed to say? "He is gonna whoop my ass." Connor could get knocked out in 5 seconds and still come out a major winner from that fight.
    That's true.

But whether or not he believes its true, he's PUTTIN ON A SHOW! which is classic Se stuff lol

IEI/INFps lurking here, pay attention, THIS is why you love your dual so much. You want money? This is how they do it

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's true.

But whether or not he believes its true, he's PUTTIN ON A SHOW! which is classic Se stuff lol

IEI/INFps lurking here, pay attention, THIS is why you love your dual so much. You want money? This is how they do it
    Fe can put on a show too.

He is the kind of person I like. I was there at the beginning of his hype. Didn't even expect him to beat Chad Mendes. He always surprises me. And I thought no way in hell the UFC would let him fight Mayweather, but now it is happening.

You know who else likes to put on a show? 7s. They center around pushing boundaries. They are theatrical. They are larger than life. Like Babe Ruth. They like to live as big as they can. They think anything is possible:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

McGregor seems ST+Se, either LSI-Se or even SLE is possible. Though he seems too jumpy for an SLE, looks like creative sensing.

Floyd Mayweather impresses like introverted sensor, 9w1 sp/so, maybe even SEI. He's said to fight defensively so there's some evidence for Si.

live stream of the fight: x

Edit: type approximations after the show - Conor McGregor: LSI-Se 6w7 so/sx & Floyd Mayweather: ISxx 9w1 sp/so (SEI?)
    Notably McGregor sits in the same poses as Putin, with the same kind of immobile statuesque posture.

Last edited by silke; 10-02-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

this Si guy is beginning to wear him down ... and yep, he wore McGregor down, with Si+sp+9 he's like a rock

huge age difference too 40 vs. 29 for McGregor
    Last edited by silke; 08-27-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A good fight to watch. Mayweather fought impressively and aggressively for once. McGregor fought well for a non-boxer. He was clearly winded halfway through the fight and tired himself out by holding his gloves up and out for too long and throwing too many punches that lacked power. His cockiness extended well into the post fight interview, where he failed to realize that he not only lost the fight, but lacked the experience to stand against Mayweather. He was had. In this regard, he sounded overconfident like our current president. Yes, I have been drinking. Mayweather has made history to be the only professional boxer to reach 50-0.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not true. Chavez went 89-0 before he lost and Finito Lopez retired 51-0
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the oscillating energy levels that is usually apparent in the EP temperament. He's steadily at a high energy level, so that's why I lean EJ with him.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    That's not true. Chavez went 89-0 before he lost and Finito Lopez retired 51-0
    Correct, never listen listen to a roomful of drunks! It turns out they were referring to Mayweather beating Rocky Marciano's historic record, which was still quite a feat.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

CLASSIC SLE imo
    honestly him actually believing he could kick mayweathers ass might indicate Ti polr , so SEE>SLE. on the other hand, the fight and all the hysteria probably earned them both sooo much money, so it couldve been a te+ni move where no matter the outcome, he would win.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    SEI or SLI ?
    LSI. But whatever type he is kind of an ashole, aint he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-ESTp

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connor Mcgregor is NOT an LSI...wtf? lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    honestly him actually believing he could kick mayweathers ass might indicate Ti polr , so SEE>SLE. on the other hand, the fight and all the hysteria probably earned them both sooo much money, so it couldve been a te+ni move where no matter the outcome, he would win.
    it's called delusional self confidence. dominating at UFC while knocking people out in the first round will do that for you, not Ti-polr lol

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-ST

Going to say SLE. Is there a clip without a showmanship?

OKay

Based on this SLE. Slurred SLE speech. Likes to receive optimism for better future which is ultimate SLE happy drug.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conor McGregor - ISTP - Gabin

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hes not sle. Too jumpy. I agree with ej. LIE or EIE

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Se

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with EIE for Connor McGregor

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE creative subtype @Northstar
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dustin Poirier won against Conor McGregor in an MMA fight.

The supervisee wins against the supervisor. This was unexpected from Socionics point of view.

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is too showy, talks too much, shitty undervalued 4D Fe, more bark than bite and he is more of a Gamma quadra type than beta. Best guess SEE

Contrast him to SLE Khabib, nothing like a beta SLE. Again, ppl on this forum run on stereotypes and don't understand the theory.

Last edited by SGF; 01-25-2021 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-C. Gulenko's school agrees.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Losing a physical fight against a supervisee seems to be pretty normal to me. You are more likely to under-estimate your supervisee anyway- giving them a huge advantage, and socionics is about psychological information exchange- not really physical prowess. Although I'm sure the two are connected in some ways- I doubt they neatly over-lap like that.

I don't know how much I trust the official part of MMA fighting to be an indicator of skill with how much politics and non-fighting Te stuff goes in it to manipulate the winner behind the scenes like mainstream wrestling etc. It doesn't seem nowhere near as fake as that though I guess idk. I like when people beat people up with absolutely no institution behind it whatsoever but yeah that kind of thing is often quickly shut down haha.

That dude seemed Gamma NT or Delta ST to me not really Beta.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what does physical fitness have to do with ITR? it's more about your subtype.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s EIE-C. He’s too wild with Fe and mixed it with Se so it comes out theatrical and full of histrionics. His energy gets invested in the image showiness and then ends up messing up. Se HA is a train reck. In model G, launcher is actually equivalent to 1D. He’s activator to Khabib whom I think is SLE-N

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not an accurate thing to go off of on Floyd. Only reason he fought defensively was because his hands were developing issues he had to work around. Earlier in his career he was an AK47 offensively. Total blitzkrieg winming mostly by knockout. I can't speak on his type but I can say this is not a valid point to type him on.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post

IEE

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    He’s EIE-C. He’s too wild with Fe and mixed it with Se so it comes out theatrical and full of histrionics. His energy gets invested in the image showiness and then ends up messing up. Se HA is a train reck. In model G, launcher is actually equivalent to 1D. He’s activator to Khabib whom I think is SLE-N

This is really mixing people up, and its not just you. Its a pattern I'm observing on the forum.

Just because a guy stands up and shows a bit of exuberant theatrics, does not mean he is a 4 dimensional Fe base person. Note, nobody laughed, nobody felt anything. Any laughs you noticed were for politeness. It was cringe. Anything like this that is cringe is a first "clue" that a IE is not 4 dimensional, nor base.

Connor may be looking for some Fe from the crowd in response to his trying to trigger it. That might be happening, but that doesn't mean he is a the one producing it. These sorts of things are clues that a IE is valued, in the way Socionics uses that word.

I feel kind of pity for the guy, he just wants to be loved.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-C

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    IEI-C

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    This is really mixing people up, and its not just you. Its a pattern I'm observing on the forum.

Just because a guy stands up and shows a bit of exuberant theatrics, does not mean he is a 4 dimensional Fe base person. Note, nobody laughed, nobody felt anything. Any laughs you noticed were for politeness. It was cringe. Anything like this that is cringe is a first "clue" that a IE is not 4 dimensional, nor base.

Connor may be looking for some Fe from the crowd in response to his trying to trigger it. That might be happening, but that doesn't mean he is a the one producing it. These sorts of things are clues that a IE is valued, in the way Socionics uses that word.

I feel kind of pity for the guy, he just wants to be loved.
    IEEs have a tendency to seek attention and love by being annoying too. and they are more often considered cringe than the chad SLE. IEEs are more like annoying little pieces of shit (i dont hate IEEs). hes a sociopath so maybe thats why ppl may insist hes SLE but rn i dont think IEE is far fetched at all. and why does he keep wearing such gaudy outfits?
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast