I don't know if this is true for all types, but for ENTj, the most similar type in dichotomies is conflicting, then activity. This reminds me of a thread a posted a while back. I had obseved in several individuals that they seemed most similar to their activity, such as with myself and Peter and a few others.

I think this makes my previous typings for myself seem less ridiculous. ENTp is what I tested on tests that measured "P" against "J" (don't get me started on that) and I didn't know anything about functions at that point in time. I just took ENTp and ran with it for a while... then I thought ESFp, with according to dichotomies is pretty close to your type, and then ISFp which is even closer. I don't think it's difficult to see how times of extreme stress or depression as well as the fact that descriptions are translated from a different language and written for a different culture and perhaps even era can make these mistakes even easier to make, especially considering that whether we're trying or not, we're all forming archtypes in our minds that may or may not be correct, and all communication with other people who understand socionics (for most of you anyways ) is online.