Thread: Salutations!

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Salutations!

The forum seems to really want an introduction thread so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm here kinda as a hobby. For a while now I've been wanting to find or do something that makes the system more verifiable. It's kinda addicting.

As most do I came from an MBTI background, I originally tested as an INTJ then after studying the system a bit more I concluded I was INTP which was around the time I started looking at Socionics. I thought the INTj profile described me pretty well (socionics.com). Then I got into model A and came to the conclusion that I was ENTp, and finally I got really deep into it and landed on ISTp which I've been for at least 4 months and it's the only result I haven't manage to poke a hole in with my constant prodding. This is all over the course of about 4 years so cut me a break.

The thing bugging me is, I so rarely get the correct result on tests. I mostly test as ENTp or INTp the only test to give me ISTp was an OkCupid test based on Reinin dichotomies. But even that test isn't perfect, so I've been just trying to find ways to make a nearly fool-proof test. I'll post what I've come up with so far on a different thread.

And eh, that's it.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome!

I wouldn't rely too much on the tests, they aren't that accurate.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, hello! I'm a little curious about what it is about ISTp that draws you to that typing!

TIM
    SLI-Si 9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. I'm a likely SLI too. Anyway to take the OkCupid test without signing up for a public dating profile? I'd like to try a test based on Reinin dichotomies. I think INTJs and ISTPs, at least from an MBTI standpoint, can look alike on paper. It's a pretty common mistype.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrayInk View Post
    The forum seems to really want an introduction thread so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm here kinda as a hobby. For a while now I've been wanting to find or do something that makes the system more verifiable. It's kinda addicting.

As most do I came from an MBTI background, I originally tested as an INTJ then after studying the system a bit more I concluded I was INTP which was around the time I started looking at Socionics. I thought the INTj profile described me pretty well (socionics.com). Then I got into model A and came to the conclusion that I was ENTp, and finally I got really deep into it and landed on ISTp which I've been for at least 4 months and it's the only result I haven't manage to poke a hole in with my constant prodding. This is all over the course of about 4 years so cut me a break.

The thing bugging me is, I so rarely get the correct result on tests. I mostly test as ENTp or INTp the only test to give me ISTp was an OkCupid test based on Reinin dichotomies. But even that test isn't perfect, so I've been just trying to find ways to make a nearly fool-proof test. I'll post what I've come up with so far on a different thread.

And eh, that's it.
    hello! I remember seeing some of your threads on PerC, I don't think you're SLI based on that & reinin dichotomies are not a good way to type usually; you need to do typing by IEs. But of course I don't know you so just my opinion.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome o/
    Tests aren't very good ime. Too reliant on self-perception and behaviourism.
    Reason is a whore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

and landed on ISTp which I've been for at least 4 months
    Cool. I saw the ones wich changed opinion about their type after 5 years. And know the ones wich have wrong opinion for longer, some even study others.

This is all over the course of about 4 years so cut me a break.
    Use intertype relations to check your type. It's hard to do this without them.

The thing bugging me is, I so rarely get the correct result on tests.
    If you'll make a videointerview then local crowd will can to type you.

based on Reinin dichotomies
    Reinin dichotomies is baseless bullshit, but not Jung's typology or classic Socionics.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I'm all too aware of the problem with tests, I settled on the result of SLI after looking more into quadras, reading descriptions, seeing how it stacks up in model A,and checking the Reinin dichotomies which actually seem to fit myself pretty well, though I do know a few people who buck the trend. My biggest mistake was just assuming I was intuitive.

The OkCupid test used to be available without registering, not sure when registration became a requirement.

What drew me to SLI? Hmm process of elimination : ) ?
    Here's the shortened version, I knew I was LII because Ti sounded way too uptight as a lead function, I started questioning ILE after the reputation for "trolling" people, but the stacking looked fairly good so I let it go, but then I read an article on Quadra values by Jack Aaron (World Socionics Society) and that pushed me to Delta. I knew I wasn't IEE or EII so that lead me into looking more at sensing types. SLI just clicked.

You can skip the spiel about this may have nothing to do with type, but really SLI resonated because I'm naturally a laid back person, who likes working on things (the craftsman label). There's a lot I could mention here but something that stuck out is I once spent hours trying to figure out what an evenly distributed color gradient would look like because the color hue didn't evenly distribute in photoshop, and enjoyed it, Have a few new shades of green stuck in my head now. But aside from the apparent Si stuff, I'm pretty bad with Fe...which probably explains why.. ahem... I was thinking of skipping the introduction thread.

On the intertype relationship front, I think I know an EIE whom I always argue with, but then again she argues with everyone.

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting! You kind of remind me of a friend I think is an SLI. She's also a bit of a craftsman and likes to work all the time doing detailed things with her hands (knitting, scrapbooking, painting, photography). Like you, she also likes to describe herself as 'laid back', which I think is amusing because her tone can often be very dry and business-like.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the16t.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yes I'm all too aware of the problem with tests, I settled on the result of SLI after looking more into quadras, reading descriptions, seeing how it stacks up in model A,and checking the Reinin dichotomies which actually seem to fit myself pretty well, though I do know a few people who buck the trend. My biggest mistake was just assuming I was intuitive.

The OkCupid test used to be available without registering, not sure when registration became a requirement.

What drew me to SLI? Hmm process of elimination : ) ?
    Here's the shortened version, I knew I was LII because Ti sounded way too uptight as a lead function, I started questioning ILE after the reputation for "trolling" people, but the stacking looked fairly good so I let it go, but then I read an article on Quadra values by Jack Aaron (World Socionics Society) and that pushed me to Delta. I knew I wasn't IEE or EII so that lead me into looking more at sensing types. SLI just clicked.

You can skip the spiel about this may have nothing to do with type, but really SLI resonated because I'm naturally a laid back person, who likes working on things (the craftsman label). There's a lot I could mention here but something that stuck out is I once spent hours trying to figure out what an evenly distributed color gradient would look like because the color hue didn't evenly distribute in photoshop, and enjoyed it, Have a few new shades of green stuck in my head now. But aside from the apparent Si stuff, I'm pretty bad with Fe...which probably explains why.. ahem... I was thinking of skipping the introduction thread.

On the intertype relationship front, I think I know an EIE whom I always argue with, but then again she argues with everyone.
    You got a link to that article on quadras?

I can say one thing, you sound exactly like @Muddytextures with your way of reasoning about types using these stereotypes. He's also been going between alpha NT and SLI and whatever for his own type.

I would agree you are a Logical type who values Si/Ne. Do you really think you are Fe PoLR? Which is not the same thing as being simply bad at it.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the only off thing is I tend to work on things digitally now, but now that you mention it I used to "craft" (in a tradition sense) a ton as a kid. In fact when I was in 1st grade, I once stole some large sheets of construction paper from school when the class was empty. I think I remember that because I felt so bad about it afterwards.

Let's see, why do I think I'm Fe vulnerable... well if I'm understanding correctly, Fe is kinda associated with a sense of communion, and emotional expression. Maybe bad at isn't the right way of putting it, more like awkward with it. People seem to think I'm a lot colder than I really am, and its terrible being invited to something and feeling like you're just there.If there's some sort of celebration with no sort of set activities to participate in I typically just walk around or stand in one spot just looking at things. It's not that I don't enjoy talking to people, I just have trouble with it when there's no reason for it. If someone walked up to me and just said a statement that doesn't lead to anything substantive (e.g "nice weather we're having") , I'd give my short opinion on the weather and that'd be the end of the conversation and all the while I'd wonder what was the point of that.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I guess the only off thing is I tend to work on things digitally now, but now that you mention it I used to "craft" (in a tradition sense) a ton as a kid. In fact when I was in 1st grade, I once stole some large sheets of construction paper from school when the class was empty. I think I remember that because I felt so bad about it afterwards.

Let's see, why do I think I'm Fe vulnerable... well if I'm understanding correctly, Fe is kinda associated with a sense of communion, and emotional expression. Maybe bad at isn't the right way of putting it, more like awkward with it. People seem to think I'm a lot colder than I really am, and its terrible being invited to something and feeling like you're just there.If there's some sort of celebration with no sort of set activities to participate in I typically just walk around or stand in one spot just looking at things. It's not that I don't enjoy talking to people, I just have trouble with it when there's no reason for it. If someone walked up to me and just said a statement that doesn't lead to anything substantive (e.g "nice weather we're having") , I'd give my short opinion on the weather and that'd be the end of the conversation and all the while I'd wonder what was the point of that.
    How are you with Fe base types?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any that I'm certain of, but an ESE I'm less certain of tends to make a lot of statements that i generally don't know how to respond to, so I have a harder time connecting, The EIE which I'm a little more certain of, is very easy to start a conversation with, or rather a long debate with, but it's enjoyable most of the time.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah you definitely do look like a very similar case to myself. I am also INTP in MBTI and relate a lot to ISTp, INTj and ENTp.