View Poll Results: How much meat do you consume weekly?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2 times a week

7 13.46%
  • 3-5 times a week

7 13.46%
  • I usually eat meat every day

30 57.69%
  • I don't eat meat at all. Vegetarian/vegan

8 15.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many days a week do you consume meat?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    I eat meat pretty much every day because if I don't eat stuff like that I don't feel so good physically. I don't necessarily eat it at every meal, but during those other meals I eat lots of other stuff you're not supposed to like eggs, dairy, and beans. I'm sorry but I just can't do the high-carb diet thing. Even if I eat a ton of "good" carbs I crash too quickly afterwards compared to eating protein and fats.
    Eggs, dairy and beans are good for you!! Eggs and dairy should be eaten in moderation but beans are pretty much unequivocally good for you, it's healthy to eat them at every meal for months. I pretty much subsist on eggs, dairy, beans and whole grains and some vegetables.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much protein can be hard on your liver, an eating too much meat (especially processed meats) has been linked to colon cancer.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should give you guys the recipe for this pot roast I made the other day. Best thing I have ever eaten. I just want to pump the juice into my veins.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I should give you guys the recipe for this pot roast I made the other day. Best thing I have ever eaten. I just want to pump the juice into my veins.
    Yes please share
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Almost every day. I prefer chicken and fish to red meat tho.

So much of our mood is dependent on what we eat, and bad food literally weighs you down and makes you feel like you're in hell and food that is good for you makes you feel like you are floating, in heaven. Nutritional educators are often quite dry- and they lack the Fe necessary to drive this point home into people.

I do not think meat is the enemy though. I think processed foods are, and also a lack of healthy spices in food that have anti-cancer and antioxidant properties. Avoid white sugar/soda/sweets/red meat/processed and fast foods as much as you can. Drink more water, and less soda. Get caffeine from green tea instead of soda or coffee. I am telling myself this more than I am preaching at others. I always feel better if I eat better, and feel like shit if I eat shit. It's common sense really.

"Use sparingly" also means about once a week. Not a few times a day.

eta: Food is also really subtle, and we have to remind ourselves of that. One extra bite of something you don't need- especially something junky- can ruin an entire day.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

German cuisine --> meat is impossible to escape here.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every day...

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not often enough. I wish I could have succulent steak like the one I just had more often.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to eat meat every day. Tried being vegetarian for a few years and got sick. Was following a diet plan too that proved to work (for most people).

I *love* seafood and apple smoked chicken sausages. Steak with a little bit of blood is great too~

...Shrimp Alfredo ._.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently I eat 2 eggs and 4-5oz of meat every day. Always with 1-2 cups of vegetables (usually nonstarchy), usually with cheese.

The eggs come from my own hens. I would like to raise them for meat, too, but I can't make that work here.

The red meat comes from localish bison, usually ground. Bison cannot be factory farmed in the same way as beef. They are healthier and better treated.

I rarely eat pig. I can't find any that is treated well. When I eat out I get bacon with my meal.

I sometimes eat poultry, and am mostly picky about how the chicken was raised. My poultry intake will change next year. We have plans to raise quail for both eggs and meat.

I've considered raising Guinea pig for meat, but I can't yet even imagine the killing and gutting process, though I have forced myself to watch videos. Perhaps in a few years.

We have discussed possibly starting to fish next year, and R is seriously considering getting a hunting license.

We are currently reading a book written by a woman who vowed to only eat meat she herself killed. While not something everyone can/should do, getting the first hand experience of killing individual leads to more respect for the creature's life. (Factory farming and mass slaughter leads to seeing them as an object.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

When it comes to white meat, I eat that maybe 0-4 times per week.
    When it comes to fish, 1-3 times per week.
    When it comes to red meat, 0-2 times per month.

I don't really care too much about eating too much or too little meat...
    I eat meat according to whether it's available and fresh or not, how much protein I need, its balance of protein and fat, and whether I feel like eating some meat.

My brother eats red meat almost every day and he doesn't have any health issues, though he does have acne and it might be correlated with his higher consumption of red meat and sweets.

I used to be Vegetarian and Vegan before, and neither diet was too good for me.
    Being an Omnivore suits me the best.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have been vegetarian for 9 months

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat salmon 3 times a week. A cheeseburger once a month.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm vegetarian, but not strictly. If anyone gives me or makes me something with meat in it, I'll eat it.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely ever eat meat, and I do eat fish occasionally. Otherwise, I am a vegetarian that doesn’t consume much dairy or eggs (due to personal preferences on tastes).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I eat eggs everyday for protein. Sometimes conserved fish.
    Meat is rarely.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If fish is meat than it's 3-5 times a week to everyday. Canned Tuna's cheap and tasty especially if mixed with Mac'n Cheese. Otherwise, well, meat is hella expensive and not a thing I can eat everyday because money.

Dairy and eggs are cheap enough though and those are things that usually end up in one of my daily meals though.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat meat every day. Chicken breasts, ground beef, pork chops, and varieties of steaks and sausages usually are what I eat. I was vegetarian for several months as a discipline, nothing moral or anything, just tried living more monastic, and it was fine, though I still ate a lot of eggs then. It isn't very cheap like being vegetarian but I'd never let a budget limit me in my lifestyle choices.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If I had it my way I would not consume any meat. Medically I have to eat lean meat weekly which I do with dreadfully and otherwise I’m a happy Mediterranean diet eating vegan to the core. And, yes I cook meat of every kind for the hubby and child (she doesn’t like fish)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually just eat eggs, almonds, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, lunch meat (turkey sandwiches). I used to eat quite a bit of grilled chicken, but it takes too long to make and my microwave broke, so I haven’t bothered lately. Never been much into red meat, but once in a while find myself craving it (maybe a low iron thing) idk. I probably should eat more fish than what I do, but I find it a pain in the ass go make. I usually just stick with quick fixes and easily clean up. I hate eating big meals and eating them in a few seconds and then having to clean anything up, so I’ll eat about anything that fits the easy bill, given it isn’t too disgusting. But easy protein is my go to, which is usually just the turkey lunch meant, in the meat category.

(honestly making eggs is annoying too)
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It varies so much for me idk how to even answer. Sometimes I eat fish or seafood or eggs instead. Sometimes I just eat breakfast food, smoothies, salad.. sometimes pizza without meat, pasta, veggies & rice etc. Sometimes a double bacon cheeseburger LOL I'm not consistent at all.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's good for the animals to eat meat, but My dad is very meat oriented, despite my vegetarian mom, and my great aunt lives with us, who also makes us eat meat. So I don't get maximum meat, but it would be better if I ate 0 meat.

The choose it or loose it stalemate of the countered from all directions corner club shows that the cow bells really are made of steel, like a pizza and M and Ms cookie.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5-6 fays per week unless I am fasting, then none! Fridays is fish. One meat-centered meal a day (or chicken), occasionally two on a feast day, occasionally an egg-based meal instead of meat. This is becasue meat is the healthiest things you can eat. If you are a vegetarian, your body is missing way too much. Just watch vegetarian videos, or worse, vegan vlogs. Over time, you can watch them look less, and less, and less healthy. : ( Sadder still is when they raise their children as vegans. Those kids never look healthy. : (

"Meat provides complete nutrition. It contains all the macro and micronutrients humans need to function".

"...The world isn’t divided up into “foods that provide calories” and “foods that provide micronutrients:” ideally, your calorie sources also ought to be micronutrient-dense. "
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12