Thread: Obstinate/Yielding Dichotomy

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Obstinate/Yielding Dichotomy

So I've had some problems categorizing myself according to the Obstinate/Yielding dichotomy. I think that I seem to have both characteristics.

Here are the following characteristics that I have that are relevant to the dichotomy:
    -I seem put a high value in personal space and objects. I don't like these objects moved or touched. I think that this is because all of the objects in my space seem to play a role, or have a utility of some sort.
    -I seem to have personal interests that are clearly attached to my identity. If I were to lose one of these interests, or lose the ability to fulfill the interest, it would greatly affect me on a psychological level. An example of one of my interests could be my desire or ability to categorize bugs.
    -I tend to be fairly diplomatic in the spreading of ideas, most of the time. I'm not sure if this applies to my online behavior. This might change based on my emotional state or perception of appropriateness at that time.
    -I don't seem to like to share photos, or even many personal life details, unless it seems to have some kind of information-based meaning or benefit. It can have an information-based benefit to me to do so, or it can have one to other people that I like to talk to. I seem to like to improve other peoples' knowledge pools or conceptual understanding of phenomena. I would generally say that I historically didn't like sharing photos, especially personal photos. I didn't understand sharing photos as a social phenomenon.

This post has been substantially edited.
    Last edited by Clarke; 02-04-2023 at 05:04 AM.