View Poll Results: Who is the best vote?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush

2 3.57%
  • Ben Carson

1 1.79%
  • Chris Christie

0 0%
  • Ted Cruz

4 7.14%
  • Carly Fiorina

1 1.79%
  • Jim Gilmore

0 0%
  • Lindsey Graham

0 0%
  • Mike Huckabee

1 1.79%
  • Bobby Jindal

1 1.79%
  • John Kasich

0 0%
  • George Pataki

0 0%
  • Rand Paul

1 1.79%
  • Marco Rubio

0 0%
  • Rick Santorum

0 0%
  • Donald Trump

13 23.21%
  • Hillary Clinton

7 12.50%
  • Martin OMalley

1 1.79%
  • Bernie Sanders

24 42.86%
  • Other - Independent

0 0%
  • Other - Green

2 3.57%
  • Other - Libertarian

2 3.57%
  • Other - Other

0 0%
  • Suck it

11 19.64%
  • I made an extra option

2 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Election

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While Donald Trump is a rather offensive buffoon, the problem lies more in his supporters, because he wouldn't have this kind of traction if he didn't have support. The kinds of people that support him tend to fit into the predominantly white, jingoistic, and obnoxious American stereotype. Nobody would support Trump if people like this didn't exist.

Frankly, if people stopped giving Trump attention (positive or negative) US politics wouldn't be the Jacksonian-era clusterfuck that they are now.

I will think that you are an idiot if you support Trump, but at least you're involving yourself in the political process.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Park; 11-28-2015 at 03:48 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Park; 11-28-2015 at 03:48 AM. Reason: added video tags to link
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    While Donald Trump is a rather offensive buffoon, the problem lies more in his supporters, because he wouldn't have this kind of traction if he didn't have support. The kinds of people that support him tend to fit into the predominantly white, jingoistic, and obnoxious American stereotype. Nobody would support Trump if people like this didn't exist.

Frankly, if people stopped giving Trump attention (positive or negative) US politics wouldn't be the Jacksonian-era clusterfuck that they are now.

I will think that you are an idiot if you support Trump, but at least you're involving yourself in the political process.
    If there is a better indication that the people vote based on fervor rather than policy than Donald Trump's lead in the polls I don't know what is. You can see this time and time again. It's precisely the reason Obama was elected. During his first election he was spewing all kinds of empty policies but he was a good speaker and he carried it all in a message of 'Hope'. Hope is exactly what a large demographic of America wanted at the time. Just like now, Trump is tapping into the latent fear of conservatives and independents by providing the sense that he is strong and hard-lined enough to destroy the terrorists or enact change. That's what a good, or rather an electable, politician does: he taps into the latent emotions of the people. Bernie Sanders is doing the same thing. Free college? That won't happen. Taxing the rich at 90%? That won't happen either. But people, or I suppose Democrats, love to hear it. I won't act like there aren't people who are well informed and voting in accord with who they think has the best policies, but I'd contend that's not how most people vote.

Jingoism
    Get ready to see more of this. People aren't Jingoistic until there is a real threat or an attack on american soil then even democrats will change their stances to support boots on the ground, drones, so-termed islamophobic policies, and whatever else. This is exactly why I think Donald Trump is going to win. Democrats can be uneasy with their views on foreign policy while the republicans are generally much more confident. It also helps that Republicans are a bit more nationalist while the democrats can be more self-loathing. I'm no supporter of Trump, but he has lucked out this time with international tensions growing and a fearful populace.

Also, I liked Daniel Radcliffe's take:
    http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/donald-trump-reminds-daniel-radcliffe-of-londons-mayor/2935021

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's a shame that HRC is 2nd place in this poll. Hillary Clinton has already been turned by Chinese intelligence and she should be investigated by the Secret Service/FBI for espionage or treason.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I didn't read the instructions on the poll. I just voted for who I think I will win. I don't vote in elections. I always have something better to do. But I do have a million dollar prediction: Jeb Bush wins New Hampshire and eventually the presidency.
    What is your prediction now?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Sanders is selling utopia to the very young. If I could vote I would vote for him or Hillary. Probably Hillary because I like Bill and believe they did it the first time together. I think some of Hillary's voters believe they will get Bill again but it will be different if she wins since the world is different now.

Trump appeals to rednecks, bigots, and people who think he can give them a higher standard of living and safety. Most of them uneducated in the political process and what is actually attainable. The type of people he "loves"but would never associate with. I think he looks down on most of his supporters behind closed doors. I would love to be a fly on the wall when he is tearing them apart while imitating them in private conversations. I imagine him thinking of his supporters as...

\

I think he believes he will have godlike powers if elected but apparently his wife is trying to help him clean up his image.

In an answer at Thursday night’s presidential debate, tycoon Donald Trump said he would force the U.S. military to commit war crimes.

Mr. Trump has suggested that he’d order the U.S. military to kill families of Muslim terrorists and institute interrogation techniques worse than waterboarding, itself widely condemned as torture. Torture and retaliatory executions are both war crimes under international law.

In a recent interview, former National Security Agency and CIA director Michael Hayden said that the U.S. military might refuse such orders, which would constitute war crimes. The U.S. military has been trained for a decades that an order to commit a war crime is not an legal order and thus must not be obeyed.

This was brought up by one of the moderators at the Fox News debate, and Mr. Trump brushed it aside. He said his personality would count more.

“They won’t refuse. They’re not going to refuse me,” he said. “If I say do it, they’re going to do it.”

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC.

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Friday that he would not order the military to break international laws, despite calling for torture of suspected terrorists and the killing of their families.

Trump told The Wall Street Journal he would "use every legal power that I have to stop these terrorist enemies. I do, however, understand that the United States is bound by laws and treaties and I will not order our military or other officials to violate those laws and will seek their advice on such matters."

"I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities," he added.
    His clarification comes after retired Gen. Michael Hayden, former National Security Agency and CIA director, said last week that the military would not have to follow orders that violate international law.

This week, Trump's call for torture, among other positions, prompted more than 60 Republican national security leaders and professionals to vow to work against the real estate tycoon's election in an open letter. The letter now has about 100 signatories, including those of former Cabinet officials.

But on Thursday, Trump stood by his proposals to subject suspected terrorists to torture even if it goes against the Geneva Conventions.

He pledged during the GOP debate to do things that were a “hell of a lot worse” than waterboarding and said he would authorize the military to kill family members of terrorists.

He also boasted that military leaders would listen to him.

“I’ve always been a leader,” he said. “I’ve never had any problem leading people. If I say do it, they’re going to do it. That’s what leadership is all about.”
    Anyway I know nothing of politics but as of now I think there might be another Clinton presidency in our future. Someone here recently said that she should make Sanders VP and I think that would be a good idea. United front and all that.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

rubio is the psycho version of cruz.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hillary the cold fish might not even win the black vote. her strength is being good at reframing frivolous behaviors to reflect a violation of the rules, thereby maintaining the status quo. she is a micromanager, at best, an administrator. she is like nurse ratched from one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

hillary lacks street smarts. she thought attacking obama on his lack of experience would work. nobody but establishment tools cares that much about voting records and political experience. its like jeb. jeb would never win anything if it wasn't for his name.

hillary rode bill's coattails all her life. and time and again she showed up in places that needed to fill a female quota....

sanders has natural leadership ability. the problem with sanders is that he is an old, crusty inflexible commie. sanders got as far as he did because he is running against hillary. That and the unemployment rates thanks to barack hussein obama's defunct presidency. running against hillary is like running against gore. it opens the 'anything is possible' card. the best thing hillary can do for her campaign is keep away from the voters. because when she comes out and talks to people she can turn them off instantly.

Last edited by Kill4Me; 03-05-2016 at 05:43 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Brief Time As Donald Trump's Campaign Manager

Of course this is an old theory by now.

This whole election cycle is nuts.
    Last edited by SongOfSapphire; 03-06-2016 at 11:33 PM.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Farrakhan - she is a wicked woman and I not vote for her.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So many choices in an oligarchy! I'll take the one person that actually believes in democracy and wants to restore it to the People, where it belongs: Bernie Sanders.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skepticurus View Post
    So many choices in an oligarchy! I'll take the one person that actually believes in democracy and wants to restore it to the People, where it belongs: Bernie Sanders.
    Why do you think he's different?
    (i can't think of how to phrase this in a way that doesn't sound challenging/incredulous but that's not how i mean it)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wonder you're all so weird. Buncha democrats lol.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Democrats as a whole are incredibly conservative generally, and it would pain me if I was an American if they were the only credible & electable party I could vote for. Bernie Sanders would be perfectly acceptable however, if not on gun control.

Every presidential election is basically summed up as favouring the candidate who "is not Republican", rather than considering the qualities of the Democrat candidate. The US is held back incredibly by a centralised congress that stops progress for the whole country, and a presidency that is often scuppered by congress. The fact that American politics is dominated for about two years of every term of presidency is also deeply detrimental.

Congress is just a million miles from what the plurality of people want to see happen on various issues...it's incredibly sluggish. Nevermind that different areas/states are quite politically homogenised.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, @Subteigh, ("I don't like that boy you date. So he's not one of the jocks, so what? Is that the best you can hope for? How about Bernie? Bernie seems like a reasonable, well-rounded gentleman".)
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    Bernie seems like a reasonable, well-rounded gentleman
    All of them are well-rounded shit and fascists wich work against nations, humanity, but for interests of large capitals and the ones near them.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Trump is SLI he can get very mean on a personal level with his fellow running mates to intimidate them and embarrasse them. This behavior is consistent with SLI when they get mean They can be used as dogs if you want one on your side to shred good people.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump isn't SLI lmao.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa -- Why, oh why, have you typed Trump as SLI?
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    @Maritsa -- Why, oh why, have you typed Trump as SLI?
    I'm sorry love. Not all duals are charming and nice.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    Ah, @Subteigh, ("I don't like that boy you date. So he's not one of the jocks, so what? Is that the best you can hope for? How about Bernie? Bernie seems like a reasonable, well-rounded gentleman".)
    basically.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'm sorry love. Not all duals are charming and nice.
    That is true, but it's beside the point.

I'm curious as to why you type Donald Trump SiTe, and not SeTi. You may have something to teach, but I genuinely don't know what it is in this instance...which is why I ask.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That is true, but it's beside the point.

I'm curious as to why you type Donald Trump SiTe, and not SeTi. You may have something to teach, but I genuinely don't know what it is in this instance...which is why I ask.
    As a positivist trump talks about what can be done to prevent certain situations

"I'll put up a border for Mexico and have them pay for it"

Sounds negative in its context and message but it's not what can't be done.

speech of Positivists, one can detect mostly affirmative constructions and intonations. If they are giving instructions to someone else, they present them in positive manner: they talk about what can be done or what should be done in different situations (for example, "You can call him only at this-and-this time") rather than what cannot or should not be done.
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As a positivist trump talks about what can be done to prevent certain situations

speech of Positivists, one can detect mostly affirmative constructions and intonations. If they are giving instructions to someone else, they present them in positive manner: they talk about what can be done or what should be done in different situations (for example, "You can call him only at this-and-this time") rather than what cannot or should not be done.
    A positivist (without referring to Socionics/Reinin terminology) would not even suggest the proposal in the first place. And of course, Trump could have suggested that the US and Mexico both pay for it, or that he would pay for it etc. etc.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Trump's a nut, Hillary is a criminal, and Sanders wants to make the country even more socialistic.

So I voted "suck it"

I'll probably vote Bernie Sanders though, assuming he wins the primary; less of all the evils and all.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure this type of statement means he is a positivist, but let's just set that aside for now. Is there anything besides this to indicate SLI? Where is his preference for Si > Se, for one thing?

Trump strikes me as a clear SLE, and I have a hard time seeing him as any other type, let alone a Delta introvert.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    A positivist (without referring to Socionics/Reinin terminology) would not even suggest the proposal in the first place. And of course, Trump could have suggested that the US and Mexico both pay for it, or that he would pay for it etc. etc.
    An Aristocratic positivist would
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is there anything besides this to indicate SLI?

Trump strikes me as a clear SLE, and I have a hard time seeing him as any other type, let alone a Delta introvert.
    Aristocratic tendencies are very apparent. Dividing people into Americans and tagging or concentrating everyone else.

Don't let the illusion of force detour you from processing information. He's not SLE
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aristocratic tendencies are very apparent. Dividing people into Americans and tagging or concentrating everyone else.

Don't let the illusion of force detour you from processing information. He's not SLE
    Fine. But SLEs are aristocratic, so....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Without being negative, I cannot agree.
    Perhaps it would help if you listened to him talk
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fine. But SLEs are aristocratic, so....
    Yes they are but they are negativist
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump is Gamma lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My typing of trump is final I'm done

Hillary I have to listen to.
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Perhaps it would help if you listened to him talk
    You can smell Trump from thousands of miles away...it isn't exactly difficult to (not) appreciate his overtones...I would say also his subtleties, except he doesn't have any.

By building a wall between Mexico and the US, what situation is it that Trump (and perhaps you) believe will be prevented? I doubt a positivist in the true sense of the word would even conceive there was a problem in regards immigration, nevermind envision draconian measures...nevermind having an antagonistical attitude towards immigrants, Mexico, women, homosexuals, the disabled, and so on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default nazare macon

My typing of trump is final I'm done

Hillary I have to listen to.
    But it's not even remotely right lol.

You didn't even use Positivist right lol. You were referencing Right/Left, and called it Positive/Negative lol. Not only that, but you still used them wrong lol. Same with Aristocracy lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can smell Trump from thousands of miles away...it isn't exactly difficult to (not) appreciate his overtones...I would say also his subtleties, except he doesn't have any.

By building a wall between Mexico and the US, what situation is it that Trump (and perhaps you) believe will be prevented? I doubt a positivist in the true sense of the word would even conceive there was a problem in regards immigration, nevermind envision draconian measures...nevermind having an antagonistical attitude towards immigrants, Mexico, women, homosexuals, the disabled, and so on.
    Pretty sure its to prevent illegal immigration lol

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I think Donald Trump being a viable candidate in America illustrates why foreign countries see us as arrogant.
    Nah, not arrogant... Bush the second already gave you a reputation of doubtful taste, trump as candidate makes you just look stupid

(not you personally ofc)

also; almost every country in Europe has a trump-lite / trump-alike which has more support than should be. We're all a bit stupid it seems...

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast