Thread: Interesting facts about you

The Self is temporary but xSFxs are eternal one's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Family told me that when I was a child I didn't speak for quite a long time so they thought I was a mute. I would just nod or stare blankly when spoken to and would not cry when I was feeling ill. So they would take me to the doctor but they would always say there was nothing wrong with me. Then I just spoke one day. Turns out I just didn't want to speak but that time I had to because I was asking for something. I'd say I have always been a silent person ever since.

I also did the same thing when it comes to walking. They said they didn't teach me how to walk, I just jumped from my crib and started teaching myself how to walk. I would always just observe people around me and keep to myself.
    R

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gay.

Mentioned
    1178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    cool, guess it was Berlusconi ?
    Ciampi. Berlusconi's highest post was prime minister

> once i saw Obama in Berlin, 10 m from me

so close
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Family told me that when I was a child I didn't speak for quite a long time so they thought I was a mute. I would just nod or stare blankly when spoken to and would not cry when I was feeling ill. So they would take me to the doctor but they would always say there was nothing wrong with me. Then I just spoke one day. Turns out I just didn't want to speak but that time I had to because I was asking for something. I'd say I have always been a silent person ever since.

I also did the same thing when it comes to walking. They said they didn't teach me how to walk, I just jumped from my crib and started teaching myself how to walk. I would always just observe people around me and keep to myself.
    Sounds like ILI.
    One psychologist told that I started off as pretty weird. My questions were filled with abstract concepts and I did not explore world around me using senses.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post

https://globalteletherapy.com/the-ei...hat-you-think/

It might be the ILI syndrome.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Ironically I also had a speech delay afaik.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Oh, and since Adam posted some pics, here's my family. The photo was taken in Terrytown in 1900. It's picture of my grand-grand-grand mother and grand-grand-grand father with some other guy. I really have no idea who is who, I don't know anything about them. Judging from the character of my grandfather's family, they all seem be very strong Se valuers. https://imgur.com/a/KTQIMC0
    Hi Fay, I know this is old but I started looking at this thread where i left off pages back. I was going to ask just where, when you first mentioned it was "near NY", but here you tell us Tarrytown [that is the spelling]. My husband grew up quite near there, and his best friend from childhood is a lawyer there now. When they were school age they both had working parents, but in those days kids could run free after school while their parents were at work; it was safe. And I take the bridge over the Hudson in Tarrytown often when traveling; I take it to avoid my GPS's directive to take me into New York City and over the terribly congested George Washington Bridge, instead. Anyway, it's a very beautiful area and it would have been quite a beautiful bucolic country town, nicely situated 25 miles from Manhattan, when your great-great-great-grandparents were there [I am calculating that is the right amount of greats to add to your grandparents if they arrived there in 1900]. It is an area made particularly famous by Washington Irving. My husband lived just off Sleepy Hollow Rd. Its still beautiful there. I wonder if you have old correspondence with a Tarrytown address? Because if so it would be interesting for you to Google and see it. I have addresses from my parents' old correspondence, and it has been interesting to see where they lived, by googling the addresses.

Your great-great-great-grandparents probably arrived in Tarrytown just about the very time my great-great-great-grandfather and his family emigrated to Toronto from London! His brother was a well known artist/sculptor. I have two beautiful drawings of his (he was not an artist by profession, but they are beautiful). This is his artist brother:
    .................................................. ......
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    @Sol cool, guess it was Berlusconi ??

once i saw Obama in Berlin, 10 m from me
    I'm sorry.

TIM
    SLI-H 6w5 613 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lived in a foreign country as a teen, my mothers country. It's a shithole, hated it and will never return.

I'm entirely self taught in all subjects that I know as I had to drop out of elementary school due to rough childhood and my parents didn't help me with learning at all. I initially started my self learning by devouring a 1997 Oxford Encyclopedia religiously, as it was my only entertainment. Got high school equivalency as an adult and my knowledge of all subjects minus math surpass most people I meet, including college grads. My math is raw ass however and I forget how to do it often which requires me to brush up on it very frequently to retain it.

I met Ryan Reynolds when I worked at Starbucks a long time ago. He ordered a black coffee, give a tip, and left.

I was a hair away from becoming an LDS missionary, in the middle of the process and everything, but bailed last second to move across the country to work for Scientology instead as at that point my faith was nonexistent and was only still LDS due to wanting to maintain my friendships. I strongly miss the social life of the LDS church, nothing compares.
    "Now is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer. Put your principles into practice – now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better. From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now." - Epictetus

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

when i was a small child i would collect worms in the backyard after every rain, but my dad forbid me from doing it after he saw that i kept them as pets and kissed them.

i had a speech impediment that caused me to drop the first letter from every word, ie. "mouse" would be "ouse" and for that reason i went to special ed learning as a toddler where i was prompted to look at words and pictures and pronounce them. and in that way i learned to read when i was 3. in a kind of hardcore way because the doctor walked in to see a 3 year old reading something he had laying out about medicine he referred my parents to an iq test. it makes me wonder about hyperlexia after hearing that another indicator is weirdly early memories and i always KNEW that my memory of being 6 months old in my mother's arms was real.

less flattering neuro quirks i possess are maladaptive daydreaming (just a tiny bit now. but like talking to myself in public when i was a teenager)
    and wolfbiting/finger skin gnawing (i stopped after i was in coma. started up again on purpose because i was yearning so badly to be my 'old self' again hehe. it's a much milder habit now, though.)

i've only seen the gulf of mexico and no other portion of the ocean. i swam in it and my primary takeaway was the ridiculousness of swimming in water so salty.

i keep editing this post and i realized i'm not enjoying myself anymore but i'd like to say more, so maybe i'll make another one.

TIM
    SLI-H 6w5 613 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Still with them??
    Oh yeah! It's been one wild adventure. I've done it all working for them. Been a receptionist, a moving truck guy, a bookseller, demolition guy (stripped a house apart with just a freaking hammer once), cleaner, cleaning manager, central file manager, a security guard, the AV guy, and more that I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll be an executive in Europe next year, after I finish 6 or so months of hardcore daily training in Clearwater first, which will be a scary experience but one I look forward to. I'll be a director overseeing all matters regarding ethics, statistics, rudiments, and most of all inspections for the entire country.

All I can say is if you want a significantly higher degree of responsibility than you'd realistically find in any job in the real world, wog world as we say, you'd love working here. If you hate ever increasing responsibilities and just wanna keep your head down, not the job for you.

Yeah I've found the LDS to be the opposite of the Catholic church where the theology is bad but the community is amazing whereas my experience in Catholicism is worst community of all churches (except Eastern Orthodox, way too ethnically insulated) but best theology, really love how philosophical and scholarly it all is.

I could kill a man with my masculine and pronounced forehead and cheekbones.
    "Now is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer. Put your principles into practice – now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better. From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now." - Epictetus

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearwater, eh? Yeah, I live one city over from there.

TIM
    SLI-H 6w5 613 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Clearwater, eh? Yeah, I live one city over from there.
    Been there recently? I grew up living all over Florida, in Tampa, St. Pete, Naples, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Clearwater, Trinity, Pinellas Park, Orlando, etc, etc, etc. I don't remember anything except going to the beach regarding Clearwater.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    Been there recently? I grew up living all over Florida, in Tampa, St. Pete, Naples, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Clearwater, Trinity, Pinellas Park, Orlando, etc, etc, etc. I don't remember anything except going to the beach regarding Clearwater.
    I was at the beach at Sand Key Park's beach a week ago. I do shopping in the area, occasionally. I just know Clearwater is packed more than usual because of Spring Break.

Yeah, I've lived in the area most of my life and have been all over Pinellas. I don't go out as much because of COVID. I used to go to the kava bars in the area, but again, because of COVID, I'd rather stay home until things get better with the pandemic.

The Self is temporary but xSFxs are eternal one's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another fact about me I guess - I don't have an opinion about the posts above but they reminded me of a cultish group I shortly joined when I was still 17-18. They offered good food so I figured I'd say yes to the invites even though I couldn't care less (they're quite persistent though). I was living away from home at that time and it's kind of boring to just go back after class (which would end at around 5:30/6:00 pm anyway so it would be time for early dinner). It was just shallow bible study where afterwards they ask you what you are thankful for. It was kind of scary knowing these people after some time because you realize a lot of them have really troubled lives which made them seek the group for comfort
    E.g. got pregnant and got into abortion many times at a very young age, alcoholic, raped by family member, addicted to drugs, sometimes the combination of all, the works
    . I guess the most difficult for me was to be vocally thankful for something so I'd just say I'm thankful that I'm still alive and that I'm doing well etc, but internally it was troubling to hear them say that they are thankful because they heard God whisper to them and give them an advice about something about their life. I was raised Christian, I haven't heard a priest say that God will literally talk to you and I don't think that's realistic but to each their own I guess. But one person told me casually that God told her to quit school which made me think she's getting crazy. She became my classmate actually and sat with her sometimes. I got into a group of 4 mostly in my major subjects, then we slowly became just two sometimes because the other 2 got put off by her. At the end of that semester she acted weird at a small gathering we had with our professor and left the room. Started acting nervous and whispering something. Professor approached me and asked me if I know something about her because she's been acting really weird recently. I told him I really had no idea.

Now if you talk to these people their eyes get glassy sometimes, like they're going to a trance. The worst time that happened was when I asked about their God itself. They're like reciting a script, it was fascinating and scary at the same time, given that at that time the girl walked me to the dorm and it was already around 9 pm that time. And the way to the dorm was really dim it felt like I was in a horror movie to be honest. She said a lot of things but the only thing I could remember due to fear was that everyone who leaves them won't be able to really leave anyway and would always come back. I can't really make this shit up.

That really didn't stop me because scary things draw you in. After a few months they would invite you to the main event. When you ask them what that is about, they would say it's better if you experience it on your own. I joined. Lots of people there, I thought, I wonder if they even have a slightest doubt about this whole thing. But it seems like they were really happy. It was a 3-day event which always ends at around 9 pm except iirc for the last day which according to them would end indefinitely. So as expected the first two days were normal, and the third day was when the weird shit happened. You know about the Midsommar crying ladies? Something like that happened. Fucking weird when you experience that in real life. It was like a hostage situation because we were led to a smallish room where there were a lot of doors and the leaders were just hanging around (some were even outside). But then when they announced the big reveal all the leaders looked at us and started closing the door while smiling. Then they tried to make people experience 'holy spirit' by chants which make participants fall into the ground and they were shouting so it was deafening. Then the people who fell started acting like them too. If you aren't yet succumbing to the spirit they would circle on you. I was actually one of the few who were left standing, but I thought if I don't act like them they might gang up on me and I might get into trouble. So I tried being an actor and it worked. It was so nauseating actually but I just grounded myself with realistic thoughts so it didn't affect me. I don't know why the people around me started acting like them actually. So that was when I realized further that it's important to think twice and don't just follow blindly or else I'll act like an idiot.

And then it was a grueling few hours before the whole thing stopped and they all clapped. It was over. It was actually already morning when it ended. They opened the doors and there were tables full of nice food. Everyone was welcoming and hugging us. I looked at the big statue of God at the center. Didn't look like Jesus which terrified me even more. I dined with everyone and they all have glassy eyes even the participants (Or maybe my perception was already fucked at that point because the whole thing was a big WTF moment). They would also talk about hearing God and how marvelous he was. That's the only thing they talked about actually. So anyway after that I said I would be busy with the exams so I might not be able to attend the next event. It was the event for morning group praying. Seriously I thought I've seen it all so no thanks. Not my group of people, not my type of belief either.
    R

TIM
    Sniffing flower type
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have ridiculously intense reflexes. One day, a sleeve hit my knee and my leg kicked so hard I almost fell of my chair.

TIM
    SLI-H 6w5 613 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[please pardon the building bragging.):
    I'll answer this in PM. Just got home so have time.
    Last edited by LemurianLo; 03-23-2021 at 04:21 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in two projects (bands). The way I joined the second one was funny, I saw them looking for a "crazy" vocalist and I told them to meet up, they were like "ok, we're at the bar." I went to the shithole they were at and they had me sing for them and we bonded fast. They were like "You're exactly what we were looking for. You sing real well, different styles, AND you're completely insane."
    I make music, and i'm an attempt of writer. If you think i'm being arrogant, just know it's my intention, I do believe i'm better than a lot of people.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some girl told me i'm a weird combination of "really sweet" and "really violent."
    I make music, and i'm an attempt of writer. If you think i'm being arrogant, just know it's my intention, I do believe i'm better than a lot of people.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a female and I have red-green color blindness (deuteranomaly)

I’ve always thoughts reds and greens are generally so dull while blue can be this rich, brilliant hue. I have no idea if that has to do with my colorblindness though lol.

My father has it and my mother is a carrier; maternal grandpa has it. Paternal grandma is colorblind, which means my uncle must be too. I have wondered what the world looks like to the non-colorblind.
    Last edited by asd; 03-24-2021 at 06:42 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I am a female and I have red-green color blindness (deuteranomaly)

I’ve always thoughts reds and greens are generally so dull while blue can be this rich, brilliant hue. I have no idea if that has to do with my colorblindness though lol.

My father has it and my mother is a carrier; paternal grandpa has it. Maternal grandma is colorblind, which means my uncle must be too. I have wondered what the world looks like to the non-colorblind.
    Have you ever tried on those colorblind glasses? (I like to watch those videos where people try them on for the first time).
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever tried on those colorblind glasses? (I like to watch those videos where people try them on for the first time).
    Yeah I looked at those w really long time ago, like in high school. From what I can tell they are best try to mimic what it might look like but it’s still not the same? They brighten colors to make them easier to distinguish. I don’t actually have any practical issues at all, so it would just be a point of curiosity (the glasses).

I actually also liked watching those videos at one point lol.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we were on our south-east asian countries trip so I don't remember exactly which one we were at - but we were visiting a temple and the stairs up took forever. On the way, a monkey leapt over and tried to steal my brother's salted cracker box and he wouldn't give it away. Afraid the monkey was going to hurt him, I took it from him and gave it to the monkey. My brother was still sad and crying that his crackers were gone but not that he just evaded being potentially attacked by a monkey, lol.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i'll do these separately just cuz more fun that way

my earliest memory is of me getting my ears pierced between ages 1-2 and being perplexed why they thought a toy could stop the pain.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They filmed Gifted at a university I attended. Unfortunately, I did not get to see Chris Evans, but I saw the set.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213