TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Best buds outside your quadra?

Let's talk about them!

My best friends have always been gamma or delta (though I've dated both alpha and beta people, SEI and IEI respectively) but right now I'm becoming pretty close with a beta NF girl and I don't think either of us expected it, lol. Our lifestyles are almost identical and relating is just vey easy for that reason, though most of what we talk about isn't "real life" stuff, but our interests. We trade metric tons of ideas in a very satisfying way (we're pursuing complementary majors in college as well) and it's just refreshig sometimes to talk to someone who has similar experiences and expectations. Also, I think delta NFs sometimes enjoy being around types from other quadras whom they can be less... "good" with. Ahaha.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I associate with many Alpha SFs in real life. I attract them like bees to honey for some odd reason. If not Alpha SF, it's xLI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My SEE brainiac friends, ESE brainiac friends, SEI nurse friend, most of my close friends are delta
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mirage, semidual

TIM
    ILE-Ti Subtype
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife is IEI-Fe, and my closest friends outside my quadra are IEI-Ni, SLI-Si and LIE-Te.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read this as "bed bugs outside your quadra" and had such high hopes for this thread...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have no friends outside of my quadra, or inside for that matter.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE, ESEs, SEE, IEE, EII,... - majority of my friends are from outer space/quadra : ). I don't see a particular pattern either, some people I hit it off with, others not. Maybe only that they are mostly ethical.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mostly deltas and occasional beta NF
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the people i consider my closest friends: "older" friends i've known like 10+ years, "newer" friends i've known 5 years or less.

older friends that i see frequently: SEE, ILE
    older friend i haven't seen in a while: IEI
    newer friend that i see frequently: IEI
    newer friends that live far away, that i keep in contact with: ILI, LII
    newer friends that i probably won't see much anymore: EII, LIE
    newer friend i can only take in small doses: LSE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My closest female friends, outside my quadra, an IEE, and an ESE (who I didn't trust but loved anyway), My closest male friends, outside my quadra, have primarily been Gamma and Alpha NTs. I have had more male friends than female but not by conscious choice. Just about everyone I have been close to has been Beta though.

I was also very close with an ESI female once and we lived together, on and off, over a period of years.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm also relatively close with my mom and she's IEE.
    same here, i'm also very close to my IEE mom

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Instant friendship with most SEEs and NFs. ILI and ILE are pretty quick too. Estranged from SEIs, don't know why...never gets past a certain point.
    Harmonizing/Creative > Normalizing/Dominant by far.

My actual closest friends: C-SEE-Se sx/so, H-EII-? sp/sx, H-ILI-Ni sx/sp, H-LII-? sp/sx
    I promise if you keep searching for everything beautiful in this world, you will eventually become it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like, LII.
    And one LSE presumably.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLI-Te
    LSE
    EII-Ne

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLI friend.

SLI: I bought a computer
    Me: What kind of computer?
    SLI: A silver one
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    My SLI friend.

that's a very energy conservative way of saying it. Try asking that to an sle
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    My SLI friend.
    Logical type would say technical details. Especially Te types - they thoroughly choose what to buy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Logical type would say technical details. Especially Te types - they thoroughly choose what to buy.
    Yes they do but SLI being introverted may not talk about all the technical details and research that on their own.
    -

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I read this as "bed bugs outside your quadra" and had such high hopes for this thread...
    And I read your post as "best hugs outside your quadra" lmao. I would have to say EIEs give the best hugs of any type, hands down.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    same here, i'm also very close to my IEE mom
    I really wish I had an IEE mom. But having an ESE one isn't so bad. She's sturdy, lol.
    Last edited by Emmym; 10-27-2015 at 02:56 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

My best friend(s) have either been ESI or xEE.

I've also been closer friends with SEI and ESE girls, and to some extent one or two EII girls. The friendship with the latter is sometimes not as easy to start and usually fizzles out eventually. When there are no shared (NF) interests with Delta NFs, there is nothing that "holds" me to them. Whereas with SF types, it is either the Se or Fe that connects me to them; having the exact same interests is not as paramount (but surely helps).

I have never been friends with an NT girl before. This could boil down to them being more rare (especially the Ni kind). Alpha NTs have always seemed rather dorky to me. Not necessarily in a bad way, but in a way that did not make me feel compelled to become friends with them. I don't remember having known any female Gamma NTs irl, actually. If I have, I certainly have not become friends with one, because I usually figure out my friends' types.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't classify the people outside the Delta Quadra my best buds. But, they are definitely a good part of my life.

A couple of ILIs, an LII, and an ESE.
    The two ILIs (One of them being my brother) I tend to get along with quite well. Their ironic and morbid humor meshes well with my blunt attitude. There's definitely a barrier in extensive communication because one will talk more than the other, and, it can sometimes be daunting depending on who's talking because both SLI and ILI come across similarly in vibes because of their Fe POLR. Our values in happiness and time are definitely much different, which leads to small disagreements that we usually can compromise on. Because of this, it can lead to a rift and a sort of monotone pattern after awhile. Despite this minor detail, I enjoy their presence the most and have never become tired with it.

The LII is a cold-hearted goof. She is a good friend to have around to joke with about morbid and otherworldly quirky things. She is a waterfall of knowledge when it comes to horses, and, can enhance my mind when she compares horse behavior to people. Makes it easier to understand. The problem with this one though is I get an uneasy feeling with her sometimes. Her structured knowledge and elevated understanding of things makes my understanding look like a mess, and, because of this, I feel uncomfortable to really share anything too intellectual or too practical. I'm not intimidated or wanting to impress her, though. Otherwise, best bud in analyzing people.

The ESE is a spunky and outgoing creature. I believe that she and I have an unsaid mutual opinion of each other in that we are better in group settings and that us hanging out one-on-one will definitely cause an awkward discord between us. We have a lot of fun with our friends and can bounce off each other quite well with her comedic physicality and my matter-of-fact humor. To an extent, we get on quite fine one-on-one. However, this is only because she talks much more than I do, and I love that. She's a natural conversationalist, and I'm never annoyed with it because it inspires me more. But, the inspiration can't be utilized with her because she seeks light-hearted Fe, and not the Te I give a crap ton of. Nonetheless, she's quite a joy.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs, mostly.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I always form good friendships with ILE and LII males. And SEEs of all genders. (but mostly female I think)

I actually hate calling anybody my bud though, more realistically people are just allies in life for what you need at the time. I am too wary to show affection to ppl these days as I kinda would rather just be in my own bubble- and I have this dark side thing where I always feel like I will love them more than they love me anyway so what's the point. I know Starfall used to have a poem in her sig 'let the kinder one be me' but I feel too much like a chump doing that- I really wish I could find somebody that had a more powerful heart than even me and I could be the sadistic asshole for a change. That would actually be nice.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd say I'm best buds with an LII cousin of mine. He's great, really smart, has a good family, knows his shit up and down, we get into the most interesting of discussions. His is comparable to none, which I actually enjoy. Sparing with him in that department is very enjoyable. Yeah, he's got me beat there, but the whole exercise is still quite nice. He's the friendliest "enemy" I can think of, and I like him for it. If only more "alpha" types were like him the world would be a better place .

His wife is, well, more adversarial but I don't have to deal with her on a closer basis. Thus I get along with her too! She don't need to know my opinion, and I don't need to know hers. Thus, harmony!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best bud is my dog. (One time I compared someone to my dog as having similar characteristics. Said someone was inclined to feel insulted. However, a friend who knows me and my dog well jumped in to assure him it was a compliment of high order. And it was.)

As for human non-quadra buddies, my best friend is ESE, I have a relatively new dear EIE who I trust, and a SEE that I've always gotten along with (even if she overwhelms me sometimes). I sense a pattern.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally get along well with Gamma SFs and alpha NTs. My highschool group of friends was full of ESIs and SEEs.
    I tend to have a good bro code with ILEs and even as a romantic interest male alpha NTs are fun.

Banned
    TIM
    EII-Ne 6w5 SP/SX 629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol , my close friends are Gamma and Alpha SF

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha: I get along well with SEIs. They are easy going and non judgmental.
    Gamma: Gamma NTs and ESI-Fi.
    Beta: IEIs are cool, especially the males.