Thread: Hey you in the mirror (mirror relations)

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Default Hey you in the mirror (mirror relations)

Why are you always trying to be better than me? Why do you need to seem superior to me? HUH?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*and then, af reached enlightenment by understanding she was neither 'herself' or the image in the mirror.......... ! *
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

i mean mirror relations people

i want answers

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can still make out with them
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-aurora_faerie

i did make out with one though

it was cool

but they are crazy and want to be better than me! i hate unnecessary competition! i hate competition to be a better person! thats what it is!

i can handle competition in a game and crap but grr

(im in a weird mood too herzy, i havn't slept in over 24 hours and i just got done shooting 100 shells with a shot gun)

p.s. it was awesome

I think you get the point, yes?

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    i mean mirror relations people

i want answers
    I will try but I cannot pretend to be or see your world.

I think a few possibilities or combinations are possible:

1. Your selections kinda... suck lol.

2. The ENFjs you know hold themselves to an unrealistic standard and so other's suffer as a consequence.

3. Youre being overly self-concious.

-----------------------------------------

Im going with #1 mostly because the 100% for sure INFp I know was so awesome to be around (I dont even think it matters what NF type I am). We always had fun and never argued.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't answer for other ENFjs, but my opinion is this:

I'm not trying to be better than you, I'm trying to be better than other people. That applies to most people. I force myself to be better than some mystical loser, who could do everything if he just tried. I rarely meet people and think, "I'm better than you are". I have to admit that it happens. Sometimes I meet people who are just simply losers. When I meet people who are doing better than I am and they had the same potential (or even less), it makes me even harder on myself.

Something inside me is driving me to be all that I can be. If I could turn it off and life happily getting minimum wage, I think I would do it. I'm just so sick of never being really satisfied with what I have accomplished. I always find reasons to say, "anyone could have done it!".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My advice:

"better" is subjective and some people might act like they're better than you, but thats according to their own standards. Even though it might not be much fun, just rememeber that the people you're talking about cant judge you for your value as a person by their own standards, if they dont like you for who you are, fuck them, there are other people that will.

I know it sounds simplistic...usually relations arent always that black or white, but when in my experine when someone tries to change me, I either stop hanging out with them or drop them hints that Im not merely some reflection of their own ego, and usually they get the drift.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    some mystical loser, who could do everything if he just tried.
    Better than an ESTp?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    My advice:

"better" is subjective and some people might act like they're better than you, but thats according to their own standards. Even though it might not be much fun, just rememeber that the people you're talking about cant judge you for your value as a person by their own standards, if they dont like you for who you are, fuck them, there are other people that will.

I know it sounds simplistic...usually relations arent always that black or white, but when in my experine when someone tries to change me, I either stop hanging out with them or drop them hints that Im not merely some reflection of their own ego, and usually they get the drift.
    /bravo

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I have a really really hard time living up to their standards, and they have this really really awesome ability to make me feel guilty on the spot, and it pisses me off because I don't feel like I should feel guilty.

I can handle them trying to be "better" than me one on one, but lets say one, female one, does it around my boyfriend and what not....yeah...no. When this happens, I can only hope he isn't stupid enough to fall for it, and sometimes I think he does, in which case I have to make him realize it which doesn't always work all the way.

The older ones, say the ones in my family, they can just make me feel guilty and lazy and all. Thats the main issue I have with them. "YOU MEAN YOU CAN DO THIS? I CAN DO THIS YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! IF I CAN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO! GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!"

Thats pretty much what I hear from them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aurora, you'd be happy to hear that I'm more like you. I sit at home all day and sometimes I'm afraid that if I go out then I will somehow disrupt the timeline by simply interacting with the wrong people. It's a very weird feeling when someone looks towards me on the street and I realize that until that moment I felt invisible, just monitoring my surroundings but not participating in the events.

I'm proud of myself when I go to the store (5-10 min). And I feel like I've been very productive when I wash all the dishes. (I'm a very productive person, I do that 2-3 times each week ). And I do everything slowly. I always finish eating last and I take my time writing posts and when I'm chopping things in the kitchen, I try to see that each piece is exactly the same size.

It's more accurate to say that I'm the tiny devil on my INFp sister's shoulder. I try to get her to join us watching TV or to have a glass of cider or I'm convincing her that she doesn't have to go to the store and I'll try to rationalize that macaroni and a can of tuna is food. I try to make her lazier, so I won't feel guilty about spending that much time doing nothing.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I'm proud of myself when I go to the store (5-10 min). And I feel like I've been very productive when I wash all the dishes.

I get like this too. I've gotten a lot better over time though, I like to go out more and I'm not afraid of talking to people much anymore. But when if I cleaned the house or something that day, and didn't go out or do anything else, I'll feel like it was a productive day and won't feel like I was lazy or something.

When I had a job (which I need to get another) I felt EXTREMELY productive even though it was the most boring stupid job ever. Just coming home all tired from working made me feel better. *shrugs*