Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
@Myst i think it's easy to slap the "Alpha" label on her brand of humor due to stereotypes, but i don't think it's always that simple - i've seen Deltas whose humor isn't that different. and again, the fact she said Beta is the quadra she relates to the least seems significant.
These are far from definitive points for typing. The humour thing and the quadra thing as well. What I said about how chips displays low confidence in his ethical judgments seems far more relevant, you didn't comment on that.

however if you think she could be Fi role like yourself, then i won't dismiss that.
She is different from me due to the Se PoLR, but yes, Fi role makes sense still.

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
I think you (@chips and underwear) perhaps associate your skills and your mindset as being highly "logical", and the correct way of being, even when it comes to dealing with personal judgements (perhaps especially because you consider all or most evaluations you make as reasonable, qualitative approximations based on well-considered thought processes: you will typically know exactly what your view is on a position, or why you think a certain way, or at least you are able to say that you cannot make a definitive judgment on the matter...and expressing exactly why!: not all individuals are able to readily do this), and so readily identify with
Yes, Ti is an external IE, more explicit than Fi, able to express the why's. This is where I see Ti in chips.

You in comparison to her sound more vague, less clear, less explicit, less consistent in expressing your thoughts overall. You are somehow rambling, the impression of which I never get from her.

Note this is my Ti ego POV You may not sound vague to some other people. But I find it relevant for typing her.

speaking from my own experience, I could not readily comprehend , seeing it as a poor imitation of I also saw myself as being far more "rational" than the vast majority of people (which I probably am).

is just as much about a focus on an internalised systematic, evaluative thought process as .
Why don't you define Fi a bit more clearly than this. From the viewpoint of you as EII. It may help chips.

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
I don't mean to be presumptuous. What I was referring to was not related to chip directly or anyone trying to type her. It was observing that many logical types tend to overdo their logic online.
I do that too but not because I want to appear X type, I do it because it's easy for me to entirely forget about the human element of interactions when the person is not there IRL showing their non verbal expressions.

Also, I do it outside typology too, I did it before discovering socionics, so most certainly not because of wanting to be whatever type.

I though "brain puffing out" was funny
I actually laughed at it a bit