Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 576

Thread: Gamma Duality

  1. #41
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Gamma SF
    Posts
    14,967
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEE singing about ILI (adele is SEE and this song is about her imaginary perfect lover)

    Last edited by ashlesha; 10-15-2015 at 10:59 AM.

  2. #42
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    7,576
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    I actually saw this robot as a good representation of a Pseudo-Aggressor (Gamma NT).
    He is an Aggressor in the way he obviously cuts and hurts her. It is Pseudo, because he is not doing so deliberately; the cutting is a result of his condition of which he has had no control over. This fact makes his state Victim-ish deep down. It is like the Robot who got created to hurt people, but in actuality does not want to. His outer shell is very "aggressive" in the way it easily cuts others, but on the inside he seems to be the true Victim of his condition. Hence Pseudo-Aggressor (likely LIE)...

    The woman may seem Victim at first glance, but I could see her actually being the ESI Aggressor. ESI is the "least" Aggressor of them all; but the way she is taking all the cuts and bruises while still "going for it", suggests she may be more "Aggressive" than she lets on. Notice how she has put her right arm on his shoulder, as to make him lean in to her. He is holding her, but I find there is a lack of true aggressive pull/force on his part for him to be a "real" Aggressor. His gaze is also not piercing or possessive, but rather contemplative and maybe even hesitant to some degree.

    Also, the woman is totally bare, naked, and her body language suggests she is open to his advances, no matter how much it may hurt. She is taking some pleasure in this.
    For some reason, this reminded me of the tough and delicate interplay of Gamma interactions; in regard to Pseudo-Aggressors with Aggressors, and the Fi ego type laying bare emotionally, so that the NT with his underdeveloped Feeling can dare to be more "open" themselves...

    In relation to "real-life": Gamma NTs are prone to develop this aggressive outer shell (often out of guarding their vulnerable Feeling, often because they have been hurt by others in the past, aka "I am this way not because I want to, but because others made me to"), which tends to cut people not brave/strong enough. It is only the Gamma SFs who truly "get" it, are not afraid and overlook that shell to delve into the core of the person.
    Really, sis, this seems to me to be much more about how the IEI sees the LIE. The LIE is not trying to hurt the IEI. but his supervision does, anyway. The IEI supervisee super-victim admires the LIE on some level and, as you say, supports his advances, but in the end "there is a lack of true aggressive pull/force on his part."

    I don't think ESI's see the LIE this way at all. But IEI's sure do.
    Think about it. If ESI's saw LIE's that way, lungs would have "gotten it" immediately.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-15-2015 at 11:23 AM.

  3. #43
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Gamma SF
    Posts
    14,967
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm. after my initial reaction, i interpreted the picture the same way sis did. ive been retyped intuitive and accused of masochism so much here that i thought i should keep it to myself in case it wasn't what she meant. i do think the violence and blood is a bit much, and the woman in the picture a little too yielding and unaware (head back, eyes closed), but the general spirit makes sense to me.

  4. #44
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Gamma SF
    Posts
    14,967
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see it as LIE-ESI from an IEI perspective - as sis described, even though the LIE is portrayed as bigger /scarier /more harmful than an ESI would actually see it.

  5. #45
    Honorary Ballsack
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,366
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The picture kind of reminds me of the relationships between Gambit and Rogue from the X-men comics, where there is strong passion between two people that can't touch each other because one will essentially harm the other my touching them.

    There is a sexual tension that eventually gives, despite the harm that will done to her. It does have a masochistic theme as she no longer seems to care what will happen to her as sexual appetite seems more immediate and desired and needs to be appeased.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

  6. #46
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Really, sis, this seems to me to be much more about how the IEI sees the LIE.
    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I can see it as LIE-ESI from an IEI perspective - as sis described, even though the LIE is portrayed as bigger /scarier /more harmful than an ESI would actually see it.
    When I first saw this image, my first thought was only "Gamma NT (relation)". It did not even specify as LIE in my mind.

    But perhaps it just shows a good example of what Gamma relations might look like to an IEI from afar. I knew the picture was "exaggerated" in its harmfulness and so forth, but... I just felt like it demonstrated well how a Gamma NT might feel about their Pseudo-Aggressor-ness in some way.

  7. #47
    hatesyardwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA
    TIM
    Gamma
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @SisofNite.......any victim-victim Harlequin romance type artist depictions out there? You have quite an eye for this stuff.

  8. #48
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, so the image got removed from the site I posted it on...

    Did anyone save it by chance and could repost it here?

  9. #49
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    7,576
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Oh, so the image got removed from the site I posted it on...

    Did anyone save it by chance and could repost it here?
    I save some things but I didn't save that. (I sometimes wonder if civilization progresses because we don't keep certain things.)

    The loss of your linked picture from this thread points out the problem of not controlling content. Companies which keep their data on the cloud are betting their business on a lot of tenuous, and sometimes foolish, assumptions.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 694 so/sx
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    male SEE and female ILI

  11. #51
    Honorary Ballsack
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,366
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post


    male SEE and female ILI
    that is exactly how I am when there are people gyrating all around me.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

  12. #52
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default


  13. #53
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,298
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol nevermind
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-13-2017 at 07:23 PM.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  14. #54
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default


  15. #55
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Italy
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,498
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think some of these depict esis in a bit too aggressive way, i guess they can be like that when really horny but it doesnt seem to be their standard behavior.

    The first pic is pretty good.

  16. #56
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default



    ♀SEE singing/thinking about her ♂ILI lover.

  17. #57
    End's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post


    ♀SEE singing/thinking about her ♂ILI lover.
    I could see that happening. The ILI male really isn't expecting the sensuous SEE girl to show any interest but is in no way going to reject it and actually welcomes it when she offers. Indeed, he actually gains confidence in expressing himself thanks to her influence as the vid progresses. Till at the end he's flat out dancing and doing things to command attention that he'd never have dreamed of attempting without her influence. Hope I meet such a girl one day .

  18. #58
    Resonare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    ESI-Se 1w9
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I struggle to work out who is who in these pictures.

  19. #59
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,404
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    just your average sexy stock photo.

  20. #60

  21. #61
    Starry girl echan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I was so shell shocked when my dual left me.

    Felt like someone had ripped me apart.

    Now I'm really ripped.

    *shows off muscles*
    I want to be ISTp.

    sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

    Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.


  22. #62
    Starry girl echan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    just your average sexy stock photo.
    OMG what are these fallen archangels doing here?
    I want to be ISTp.

    sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

    Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.


  23. #63
    Alstroemeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    SEE male - ILI female

    It pretty much epitomises Stratiyevskaya's depiction of SEE-ILI duality:

    "ILI is inclined to gloomy predictions regarding the future, and thus he will tactically test and re-test his partner to assure himself that in the future this person will not let him down. Only an individual who is exceptionally enterprising, who readily takes initiative, who is "ethically brave" and able to love "without fear and regret" and "gift" others with his love as the sun shines its rays upon the earth, only such a person would be able to counter and dispel ILI's doubts. The ILI "blossoms" receiving such love. This love, first of all, brings pleasure to the SEE himself, and ILI greatly values this trait in his dual."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alstroemeria; 04-04-2016 at 12:37 PM.

  24. #64
    Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILI-INTp
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI-SEE. It makes me laugh how the author represents the "mental barriers" that put the ILI and how SEE break them "with brute force". I wish I could read Russian, I do not know what is written
    the_wall_by_zitaar-d5hzgca.jpg


    INTp/ILI NiTe 5w6

  25. #65
    Resonare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    ESI-Se 1w9
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's really interesting how all the ILIs are posting very victim-ish depictions of ILI-SEE duality. I think the term "psuedo-aggressor" should be used exclusively for LIEs while ILIs go into the same victim bracket as Beta NFs.

  26. #66
    Alstroemeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    It's really interesting how all the ILIs are posting very victim-ish depictions of ILI-SEE duality. I think the term "psuedo-aggressor" should be used exclusively for LIEs while ILIs go into the same victim bracket as Beta NFs.
    I believe 'pseudo-aggressor' arises from the ILI/LIE's general attitude towards life. I and other ILIs I know of have no issue pushing our point and getting things done. It is only in the relationship sphere where ILI/LIE may exhibit more passivity in fostering a closer bond (hence them being pseudo-aggressors). Gamma NTs can initiate conversations, dates or relationships. However, the person initiating the bonding is almost always the Gamma SF. I was the one to engage my current boyfriend when others were too intimidated to talk to him because of how unapproachable he was (he is likely ESI-Se/SEE-Fi) though he was the one who first became interested and had to convince me of his sincerity. That involved him breaking down my walls quite a bit, since I found it easy enough to interact with him but did not think I could trust him with my vulnerabilities yet.

    Additionally, pseudo-aggressor may simply be societal perception of the dominant one in the relationship. Even now I, as the ILI, am very much the one setting the direction of the relationship/our lives and giving him 'task lists', which others have perceived as me ordering him around and him following my orders way too willingly. (Though that is not my intention, and he appreciates my lead in this regard). He is simply the sort to find delight in doing things for his loved ones, which may be misinterpreted as submissiveness. (Notably, such an interpretation is usually taken by our EIE and SLE acquaintances)

    Therefore, I wouldn't say that ILIs' victim tendencies are equivalent to Beta NFs because Gamma NTs' Ni-Te cognition is also a facet of the relationship. The pictures posted are probably more representative of Gamma SF persistence in breaking down Gamma NT walls to forge a deep bond. (And ILI probably has thicker walls than LIE, hence SEE needing more force to break through)
    Last edited by Alstroemeria; 04-06-2016 at 05:49 AM.

  27. #67
    Resonare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    ESI-Se 1w9
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alstroemeria View Post
    I believe 'pseudo-aggressor' arises from the ILI/LIE's general attitude towards life. I and other ILIs I know of have no issue pushing our point and getting things done. It is only in the relationship sphere where ILI/LIE may exhibit more passivity in fostering a closer bond (hence them being pseudo-aggressors). Gamma NTs can initiate conversations, dates or relationships. However, the person initiating the bonding is almost always the Gamma SF. I was the one to engage my current boyfriend when others were too intimidated to talk to him because of how unapproachable he was (he is likely ESI-Se/SEE-Fi) though he was the one who first became interested and had to convince me of his sincerity. That involved him breaking down my walls quite a bit, since I found it easy enough to interact with him but did not think I could trust him with my vulnerabilities yet.
    I agree with some of this but disagree with others.

    In fact, ILI is constantly provoking the initiative of his dual, making him chase himself, exhausting him in tactical games, cooling down his passions, extinguishing his fierceness, knocking down his ambitions, taking away some of the "harmful", "destructive" energy of his dual. Once ILI manages to "calm down" and "humble" his dual, he builds a relationship with him as an equal. He can take on a generously patronizing tone that, most interestingly, the SEE will hold up and support. Strategically SEE can get caught up in the "lethargic and apathetic" tactics of Balzac, who slowly and good-naturedly lures him into various traps, from which, as a rule, he is unable to get out. ILI "locks in" SEE onto himself, graciously accepting all of SEE's care and allocating his strengths for himself, such that much less is left to be applied to others. For example, having won over an ILI in a prolonged and difficult struggle with his previous wife, a SEE woman has sent her own son to a boarding school and wholly devoted herself to the care after him and her stepson (who remained at home).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alstroemeria View Post
    Additionally, pseudo-aggressor may simply be societal perception of the dominant one in the relationship. Even now I, as the ILI, am very much the one setting the direction of the relationship/our lives and giving him 'task lists', which others have perceived as me ordering him around and him following my orders way too willingly. (Though that is not my intention, and he appreciates my lead in this regard). He is simply the sort to find delight in doing things for his loved ones, which may be misinterpreted as submissiveness. (Notably, such an interpretation is usually taken by our EIE and SLE acquaintances)
    I somewhat agree with this. To me, victims and aggressors are like matadors and bulls.



    The Beta Aggressor likes to think they are in complete control when really the Beta Victim is guiding their force in the right direction, and should the Beta Aggressor discover he is being manipulated or used, he may become hostile toward the Beta Victim similar to how a Bull which has caught on to the Matador will ignore the red cape and attack the Matador instead. In terms of Gammas, the Gamma Aggressor (Bull) is aware she is being guided by the Gamma Pseudo-Aggressor (Matador) and may even like it when he indirectly lets her know it in a playfully patronizing or sarcastic tone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alstroemeria View Post
    Therefore, I wouldn't say that ILIs' victim tendencies are equivalent to Beta NFs because Gamma NTs' Ni-Te cognition is also a facet of the relationship. The pictures posted are probably more representative of Gamma SF persistence in breaking down Gamma NT walls to forge a deep bond. (And ILI probably has thicker walls than LIE, hence SEE needing more force to break through)
    Tbh, I was being sarcastic when I said that. ILIs are very much pseudo-aggressors and are often uncomfortable with the connotations of being called a victim, hence why I jested about ILIs being put on the same level of victimness as Beta NFs based on the descriptions here

    I've read a lot on romantic styles (particularly this quadra as it's my own) and my take on it is the term "Pseudo-Aggressor" is really just a nice way of saying "Bad Boy". For LIEs their descriptions of being the charismatic CEO playboy who is "tamed" into a loyal partner is rather accurate, but with ILIs the descriptions tend to seem a bit too Beta-ish, probably made by types of another quadra (likely by Beta NFs). After interacting with ILIs here and some I suspect irl, they are without a doubt just like LIEs but are distinctly different in a few places. Where the LIE is upbeat and charismatic, the ILI tends to be edgy, negative, insensitive, and rather anti-social. Depending on how socially calibrated he is, he can come across as either an insensitive yet gentlemanly Casanova type, or as the anti-social, insensitive and somewhat arrogant type...(too bad it's typically the latter ). ILIs will suddenly out of nowhere go ice-cold on their partner, e.g. sending the partner crying to her friends about why he is being this way, only for said partner to quickly refuse to give up and to pursue him relentlessly. ILIs break contact like this because at the end of the day, just like how the Beta Aggressor is playing a sadistic game to test just how much his partner can handle, the Gamma Pseudo-Aggressor is playing a rather twisted game to test whether or not his partner will "break" and cease to pursue him. In the case of LIEs, this seems to be done by flirting with other women in the presence of the ESI to get a reaction out of them, as if to force them into competing for the LIE, while with ILIs this is done by suddenly breaking off contact with the SEE to test whether or not they have the willpower to re-establish contact, and if either of the Gamma Aggressors "break" and give up their pursuit then the Gamma Pseudo-Aggressor thinks along the lines of "Oh well, she was just far too weak-willed in the end", but ultimately the Gamma Aggressor has a hard time just giving up and is determined to peel away at the bad boy "facade" she perceives, hence why she is so deeply won over once the Pseudo-Aggressor acts unlike his charismatic playboy or antagonistic bad boy image and shows indirect signs of submission, as if a sign that she has won a battle against him and is one step closer to her goal of taming her dual.

  28. #68
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,523
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Resonare

    good stuff. I would be interested in hearing how you see/think this dynamic plays out in beta? judging by how insightful the gamma one seems to be.

  29. #69

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,596
    Mentioned
    1057 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    To me, victims and aggressors are like matadors and bulls.
    matador kills. Se type "aggressor" conquers
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  30. #70

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    SEE! Type 7
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    Where the LIE is upbeat and charismatic, the ILI tends to be edgy, negative, insensitive, and rather anti-social. Depending on how socially calibrated he is, he can come across as either an insensitive yet gentlemanly Casanova type, or as the anti-social, insensitive and somewhat arrogant type...(too bad it's typically the latter ). ILIs will suddenly out of nowhere go ice-cold on their partner, e.g. sending the partner crying to her friends about why he is being this way, only for said partner to quickly refuse to give up and to pursue him relentlessly. ILIs break contact like this because at the end of the day, just like how the Beta Aggressor is playing a sadistic game to test just how much his partner can handle, the Gamma Pseudo-Aggressor is playing a rather twisted game to test whether or not his partner will "break" and cease to pursue him. In the case of LIEs, this seems to be done by flirting with other women in the presence of the ESI to get a reaction out of them, as if to force them into competing for the LIE, while with ILIs this is done by suddenly breaking off contact with the SEE to test whether or not they have the willpower to re-establish contact, and if either of the Gamma Aggressors "break" and give up their pursuit then the Gamma Pseudo-Aggressor thinks along the lines of "Oh well, she was just far too weak-willed in the end", but ultimately the Gamma Aggressor has a hard time just giving up and is determined to peel away at the bad boy "facade" she perceives, hence why she is so deeply won over once the Pseudo-Aggressor acts unlike his charismatic playboy or antagonistic bad boy image and shows indirect signs of submission, as if a sign that she has won a battle against him and is one step closer to her goal of taming her dual.
    This is incredibly accurate. I think SEE is probably the only partner that will not go crying to her friends when ILI does the ice-cold thing...mainly because we 1. barely notice, as we are out living our lives; and 2. If we want to talk to you, we will just text you.

    These little power plays ILI does? They only do it because they know they are actually really weak around SEE. In that sense, it's flattering.
    I'm just an effin ray of sunshine

  31. #71
    Resonare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    ESI-Se 1w9
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    @Resonare

    good stuff. I would be interested in hearing how you see/think this dynamic plays out in beta? judging by how insightful the gamma one seems to be.
    I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I started describing it for Betas after I called out Betas for describing it wrong for Gammas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    matador kills. Se type "aggressor" conquers
    Yeah but i think you missed the point. I'm drawing a comparison between the way both the matador and the victim redirect the energy and focus of their respective opposites.

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    This is incredibly accurate. I think SEE is probably the only partner that will not go crying to her friends when ILI does the ice-cold thing...mainly because we 1. barely notice, as we are out living our lives; and 2. If we want to talk to you, we will just text you.

    These little power plays ILI does? They only do it because they know they are actually really weak around SEE. In that sense, it's flattering.
    That actually happened irl back in high school between someone I know was SEE and someone else who may have been ILI or just playing the SEE. She took the blow off very personally at first and it got out that she apparently cried in private to her friends, but it didn't take too long for her to bounce back and start chasing.

    You'll like this, it shows SEE-ILI courting at it's best, with cheesy card game dramatics


  32. #72
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,523
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I started describing it for Betas after I called out Betas for describing it wrong for Gammas.
    Oh, you tap out that easy? Give it a shot, no ones going to judge you.

  33. #73
    End's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    I've read a lot on romantic styles (particularly this quadra as it's my own) and my take on it is the term "Pseudo-Aggressor" is really just a nice way of saying "Bad Boy". For LIEs their descriptions of being the charismatic CEO playboy who is "tamed" into a loyal partner is rather accurate, but with ILIs the descriptions tend to seem a bit too Beta-ish, probably made by types of another quadra (likely by Beta NFs). After interacting with ILIs here and some I suspect irl, they are without a doubt just like LIEs but are distinctly different in a few places. Where the LIE is upbeat and charismatic, the ILI tends to be edgy, negative, insensitive, and rather anti-social. Depending on how socially calibrated he is, he can come across as either an insensitive yet gentlemanly Casanova type, or as the anti-social, insensitive and somewhat arrogant type...(too bad it's typically the latter ). ILIs will suddenly out of nowhere go ice-cold on their partner, e.g. sending the partner crying to her friends about why he is being this way, only for said partner to quickly refuse to give up and to pursue him relentlessly. ILIs break contact like this because at the end of the day, just like how the Beta Aggressor is playing a sadistic game to test just how much his partner can handle, the Gamma Pseudo-Aggressor is playing a rather twisted game to test whether or not his partner will "break" and cease to pursue him. In the case of LIEs, this seems to be done by flirting with other women in the presence of the ESI to get a reaction out of them, as if to force them into competing for the LIE, while with ILIs this is done by suddenly breaking off contact with the SEE to test whether or not they have the willpower to re-establish contact, and if either of the Gamma Aggressors "break" and give up their pursuit then the Gamma Pseudo-Aggressor thinks along the lines of "Oh well, she was just far too weak-willed in the end", but ultimately the Gamma Aggressor has a hard time just giving up and is determined to peel away at the bad boy "facade" she perceives, hence why she is so deeply won over once the Pseudo-Aggressor acts unlike his charismatic playboy or antagonistic bad boy image and shows indirect signs of submission, as if a sign that she has won a battle against him and is one step closer to her goal of taming her dual.
    You've hit the nail on the head @Resonare. I want a true conquer, a real empress of a woman who walks up to me and claims me as hers and hers alone. I may be a "beta" bitch in wanting that to happen but I'm still a "victim" type in the end and, if she just so happens to be an type then we're still ultimately peas in a pod. She wants to conquer the world with a good challenge, good thing I know exactly how to give her such a challenge! Sadly, the world seems to hate confrontation... I may be a "victim" type, but I will never just roll over. You want me to bow down to you? Earn that right, for I will never bow down "just because" everyone tells me to.

  34. #74
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    7,576
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Example of SEE-ILI romance style.

    George Ezra seems SEE to me. All the women in the video seem ILI. He's implying that Cassy O' is a human calculator, one of the ILI women stubs her toe on a chair (low Se), and the lyrics state that Cassy O' wants to take a break from the relationship. However, George is asking her not to go.
    Confirms @Resonare's brilliant post above pretty well.
    Plus, it's a great song. Thanks go to @May for introducing George Ezra to me.


  35. #75

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,596
    Mentioned
    1057 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    George Ezra - N type
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  36. #76
    Resonare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    ESI-Se 1w9
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Example of SEE-ILI romance style.

    George Ezra seems SEE to me. All the women in the video seem ILI. He's implying that Cassy O' is a human calculator, one of the ILI women stubs her toe on a chair (low Se), and the lyrics state that Cassy O' wants to take a break from the relationship. However, George is asking her not to go.
    Confirms @Resonare's brilliant post above pretty well.
    Plus, it's a great song. Thanks go to @May for introducing George Ezra to me.

    Nice song, I can see your points in the video and it seems quite accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    You've hit the nail on the head @Resonare. I want a true conquer, a real empress of a woman who walks up to me and claims me as hers and hers alone. I may be a "beta" bitch in wanting that to happen but I'm still a "victim" type in the end and, if she just so happens to be an type then we're still ultimately peas in a pod. She wants to conquer the world with a good challenge, good thing I know exactly how to give her such a challenge! Sadly, the world seems to hate confrontation... I may be a "victim" type, but I will never just roll over. You want me to bow down to you? Earn that right, for I will never bow down "just because" everyone tells me to.
    These two are for you




  37. #77
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESI female and LIE male (hat guy), cucked by a Fi-SEE

    Last edited by suedehead; 04-13-2016 at 08:36 PM.

  38. #78
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESI female and LIE male


  39. #79

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    SEE! Type 7
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    You've hit the nail on the head @Resonare. I want a true conquer, a real empress of a woman who walks up to me and claims me as hers and hers alone. I may be a "beta" bitch in wanting that to happen but I'm still a "victim" type in the end and, if she just so happens to be an type then we're still ultimately peas in a pod. She wants to conquer the world with a good challenge, good thing I know exactly how to give her such a challenge! Sadly, the world seems to hate confrontation... I may be a "victim" type, but I will never just roll over. You want me to bow down to you? Earn that right, for I will never bow down "just because" everyone tells me to.
    OMG. I think I love you.
    I'm just an effin ray of sunshine

  40. #80
    End's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    OMG. I think I love you.
    If your type is correct it is no wonder. I'm your dual, that means that I hit all the right spots. I mean for god's sake, no would be conquer wants it to be easy. They don't want it to be too hard/impossible of course, but easy conquests make them feel robbed. They want to see those walls tumble, but only tumble because they and they alone knew exactly when and where to hit them. They want an accomplishment, and I fully understand that drive. A wall with a reputation of steel and impregnability that inspires fear and hesitation in most other people actually being a wall of paper painted to look like a wall of steel will piss them off to no end. They wanted to topple that impregnable wall of steel damnit! This wall of paper... I've been robbed! I *demand* a wall of steel worthy of that reputation! How dare you mock me by presenting to me this farce!

    That's a real conqueror's mindset IMO. Oh? Nobody can conquer it? Give me enough good X, Y, and Z, and I'll conquer the shit out of it. If you do so, you'll be surprised at how gratefully the current owner will serve you. Finally, FINALLY, someone figured out this (to them) fucking obvious puzzle! Ya finally figured it out, ya gave the answer everyone else was too much of a pussy to even articulate. I'm all yours, take me home! Metaphorically speaking that is .

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •