Thread: Beta Duality

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Red face Beta Duality

Just share any picture (preferably), video, description etc. that reminds you specifically of Beta Duality.

I'll start with a picture that had a strong & classic male SLE - female IEI vibe to me.

artist: Patrick J. Jones

Other Duality threads:
    Alpha
    Gamma
    Delta
    Last edited by Olimpia; 10-05-2015 at 10:01 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

In private:

I was looking through some old diaries yesterday and found something that made me laugh. I had written a quote that an SLE had said to me before I knew of socionics. To put it in context, I had a reaction to medication that makes me sensitive sometimes. I also tend to go through periods where I am clumsy for no particular reason so I bump into things and might bruise more easily. Anyway the SLE would come up and squeeze me, which was fine before the muscle pain started. I was not that fragile before. After it started he seemed to forget a lot because he would squeeze me or throw a leg over me and I would say," ow, be gentle with me please, I'm a delicate flower now". to which he would respond. "I gotta beat ya up a little bit now and then. Let people know you're mine". Then we would both laugh. I think if he had gone all, "omg, I'm so sorry!" it would have freaked me out. I would not have expected that response from him.

I know it might have seemed an inappropriate response from him for some who knew the situation but I just found it endearing. My feelings weren't hurt at all but if someone else said the same thing I might have been annoyed by it and thought they weren't taking my pain serious. Just one of those weird things.

In public:

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    Interesting. What kind of duality is this supposed to be? SLE-IEI?
    For some reason, the guy gives me a Gamma vibe. The female seems to be IEI, though.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Interesting. What kind of duality is this supposed to be? SLE-IEI?
    For some reason, the guy gives me a Gamma vibe. The female seems to be IEI, though.
    This is Hades and Persephone.
    Another take:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Read from right to left.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESTP and INFP

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

ESTP and INFP

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just share any picture (preferably), video, description etc. that reminds you specifically of Beta Duality.

I'll start with a picture that had a strong & classic male SLE - female IEI vibe to me.

artist: Patrick J. Jones
    Is this a Frank Frazetta piece?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    Is this a Frank Frazetta piece?
    Yah.

I have an archive of his,Ralph Bakshi and Luis Royo's stuff.

Last edited by Aylen; 10-01-2015 at 09:47 PM. Reason: added image for the thread

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Oooh, which one are you?

YWIMW

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah.

Frazetta's work is beautiful, a stunning talent. Very underappreciated. Not familiar with RB and LR (will check them out) but saw a documentary about Frazetta that was amazing. I recommend the doc......Painting with Fire, or something like that. Who did your avatar? Fits in the Frazetta genre.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Yah.

Frazetta and Crumb.......the only two artists I know. I've peaked on this thread

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Frazetta's work is beautiful, a stunning talent. Very underappreciated. Not familiar with RB and LR (will check them out) but saw a documentary about Frazetta that was amazing. I recommend the doc......Painting with Fire, or something like that. Who did your avatar? Fits in the Frazetta genre.
    Yeah, love his work. I found this avatar years ago while looking for the perfect desktop image. I looked for the artist a couple of times but don't remember ever finding out who it was. I wish people would not edit art to the point you can no longer find the original artist. I feel like google image search used to be better.

http://neosurrealism.artdigitaldesig...rrealism11.htm

YWIMW

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, love his work. I found this avatar years ago while looking for the perfect desktop image. I looked for the artist a couple of times but don't remember ever finding out who it was. I wish people would not edit art to the point you can no longer find the original artist. I feel like google image search used to be better.

http://neosurrealism.artdigitaldesig...rrealism11.htm
    I see a lot more detail with it in the thread. Not Frazetta, her ass is too small.........his girls all have the Amazon look. Why does this piece resonate with you, despite the beauty. Is she a powerful or vulnerable woman?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I see a lot more detail with it in the thread. Not Frazetta, her ass is too small.........his girls all have the Amazon look. Why does this piece resonate with you, despite the beauty. Is she a powerful or vulnerable woman?
    She can soothe and tame the beast. A magical healer that expresses power in her energy and presence. She is strong but only uses the lightest touch.

YWIMW

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She can soothe and tame the beast. A magical healer that expresses power in her energy and presence. She is strong but only uses the lightest touch.
    That 's interesting, I can sense her presence as well. Shame you can't single out the artist.
    Looked up Bakshi and Royo. Is the Royo stuff animation? It doesn't look like water color. His women are very feminine and cat like , not rugged and earthy like Frazetta. Royo expressions are very expressive, not Gamma, if you like. Both styles are idealized but beautiful in their own right. Your avatar seems to fall between the two? Or I maybe I should admit ignorance in art.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see her as vulnerable and at the complete mercy of the dragon.

That is why she is clutching her breast in a protective gesture and her wings are tucked back and down like the downward laying ears of a dog in submission. She is also reaching out with one arm and opening her eyes wide simultaneously, which shows she is curious about the dragon. Fear and wonder are what she is feeling. Her mouth is in a classic open gaping gesture which denotes surprise. What is surprising her in this moment? She is staying very still as can be seen with the dragons saliva dripping on her leg. Is she aware of the drip and choses not to pay attention for fear her movement will startle the beast? Does she chose not to move because she is so mesmerized and locked in a enthralling dance of fear and curiosity? I believe the artist is asking us to wonder.

There is a hint of amusement in the dragon's eyes...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sis, he looks like aJ type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post

That is why she is clutching her breast in a protective gesture and her wings are tucked back and down like the downward laying ears of a dog in submission. She is also reaching out with one arm and opening her eyes wide simultaneously, which shows she is curious about the dragon. Fear and wonder are what she is feeling. Her mouth is in a classic open gaping gesture which denotes surprise. What is surprising her in this moment? She is staying very still as can be seen with the dragons saliva dripping on her leg. Is she aware of the drip and choses not to pay attention for fear her movement will startle the beast? Does she chose not to move because she is so mesmerized and locked in a enthralling dance of fear and curiosity? I believe the artist is asking us to wonder.

Your observation is interesting as well. Everyone will interpret it different, if socionics holds any water. That's what's interesting, your take is different from Aylen. You notice details and CONTEXT. Aylen mentioned physical and emotional PRESENCE. Everyone is hugely different, even in a simple art thread. Not typing anyone, just saying we all see shit different. Socionics fascinates the shit out of me.l

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

That 's interesting, I can sense her presence as well. Shame you can't single out the artist.
    Looked up Bakshi and Royo. Is the Royo stuff animation? It doesn't look like water color. His women are very feminine and cat like , not rugged and earthy like Frazetta. Royo expressions are very expressive, not Gamma, if you like. Both styles are idealized but beautiful in their own right. Your avatar seems to fall between the two? Or I maybe I should admit ignorance in art.
    I love it all but I would say something about Royo might be the most intriguing to me. The women are portrayed using their energies in a specific way that I find appealing. I would say my avatar and I fall somewhere in between.I am not very rugged at all. Royo's work has an underlying innocence to it and more of an ethereal quality.

This video is probably NSFW

I also find this guys work very appealing too but in a different way.

YWIMW

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it all but I would say something about Royo might be the most intriguing to me. The women are portrayed using their energies in a specific way that I find appealing. I would say my avatar and I fall somewhere in between.I am not very rugged at all. Royo's work has an underlying innocence to it and more of an ethereal quality.

Royo........innocence. that's exactly right.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool artwork.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    This is Hades and Persephone.
    Another take:

Haha ! Yeeaah. True.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Beta duality? I chose it as my avatar for a specific reason.

YWIMW

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it all but I would say something about Royo might be the most intriguing to me. The women are portrayed using their energies in a specific way that I find appealing. I would say my avatar and I fall somewhere in between.I am not very rugged at all. Royo's work has an underlying innocence to it and more of an ethereal.
    I also find this guys work very appealing too but in a different way
    Watched both.........my take is like yours, the energies are very different, the Royo stuff seems very emotionally expressive, and that is the center, while the others seem to be scented on the action taking place. Your avatar is expressive but has the physicality of the other artists, so I get your synthesis of the two genres, the expressive innocent women who is not in over her head facing a dragon. Thanks for the depth you have gone to explain your avatar to me, I appreciate your sincerity.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vulnerable and powerful, like the IEI

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post

Is it just me who finds this comic strip to be very Si?

I could only see this as Beta Duality if it was a mockery of Si... If not, it is more likely Delta Duality. This image reminds me of the Childlike attitude of a Delta NF, transcribing its unconscious Si desires unto the car of the ST Caretaker, who ends up washing the Childlike... (Note how the Caretaker just bought the groceries when he got to the Childlike; ensuring they have got something to eat, too. )

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Sis, he looks like aJ type.
    Perhaps. Maybe he's an ISTj.
    I just got the impression he is being territorial (Se) and protective of her. While she is the Victim looking into the distant future, being a bit agitated. He calms her down.

But I could see the guy being similar to a care-taking ST Delta from the perspective of a Delta NF.
    Maybe this image is a bit neutral in this respect. It is more open to interpretation than the first one I've posted.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Lol interesting you see amusement in the dragon's eyes. I just see a primal and aggressive focus in them. I see nothing emotional beyond that. That's an in-the-moment attitude though, readiness to attack, yet holding back, checking out things. Nothing is determined yet.

The girl isn't running though because she feels in control of the situation in some strange way. She is also somewhat displaying a careful watching mode for sure but at the same time she's open for something more from the dragon. I'm not sure what that "something more" is. It all might be a sinister passion somehow.

Also, I don't think her wings are tucked in the way like the submissive dog's ears. Just simply at rest, indicating that the girl is not thinking about fleeing.

So, overall, to me, they are sizing up each other on first contact with complex attitudes of interest. What really took my attention in this picture was the postures/poses, the way they are looking at each other checking each other out, the suspense of them waiting before anything else happens. You also put it well when you said they were mesmerized at each other.

The other thing that took my attention was that I instantly drew a psychological parallel about how you can descend deeper in your mind to see what's hiding there and it invoked an interesting feeling/impression.

@hatesyardwork Feel free to analyse my perspective too haha
    Last edited by Myst; 10-02-2015 at 09:13 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Lol interesting you see amusement in the dragon's eyes. I just see a primal and aggressive focus in them. I see nothing emotional beyond that.
    Same here, haha!
    Maybe only Childlikes would see amusement in its eyes?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Same here, haha!
    Maybe only Childlikes would see amusement in its eyes?
    Lol. Idk if wacey is that, though

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Lol. Idk if wacey is that, though
    Haha sure.
    I just feel like someone Aggressor/Aggressor-seeking would see more of an aggressive than an amused beast...

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Haha sure.
    I just feel like someone Aggressor/Aggressor-seeking would see more of an aggressive than an amused beast...
    Yeah I figured you meant that

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol interesting you see amusement in the dragon's eyes. I just see a primal and aggressive focus in them. I see nothing emotional beyond that. That's an in-the-moment attitude though, readiness to attack, yet holding back, checking out things. Nothing is determined yet.

The girl isn't running though because she feels in control of the situation in some strange way. She is also somewhat displaying a careful watching mode for sure but at the same time she's open for something more from the dragon. I'm not sure what that "something more" is. It all might be a sinister passion somehow.

Also, I don't think her wings are tucked in the way like the submissive dog's ears. Just simply at rest, indicating that the girl is not thinking about fleeing.

So, overall, to me, they are sizing up each other on first contact with complex attitudes of interest. What really took my attention in this picture was the postures/poses, the way they are looking at each other checking each other out, the suspense of them waiting before anything else happens. You also put it well when you said they were mesmerized at each other.

The other thing that took my attention was that I instantly drew a psychological parallel about how you can descend deeper in your mind to see what's hiding there and it invoked an interesting feeling/impression.

@hatesyardwork Feel free to analyse my perspective too haha
    I don't have an opinion. You are an aggressor so I will watch and listen pretending not to care........you guys like indifferent men.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast